PDA

View Full Version : Headed to New Orleans for Mardi Gras!

KCChiefsMan
02-11-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm leaving wednesday and we are going to drive down there for Mardi Gras. I've never been there before so does anybody that has been there have any suggestions....the places to go like best bars/restaurants.

Demonpenz
02-11-2007, 08:06 PM
i used to go but there isn't much to do

CoMoChief
02-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Im just gonna drive a couple hrs to STL and get bombed there.

Demonpenz
02-11-2007, 08:12 PM
i hate st louis with everything even my pee pee but i thought this was a funny picture

KCChiefsMan
02-11-2007, 08:13 PM
i used to go but there isn't much to do

you must not like to drink then

Delano
02-11-2007, 08:14 PM
The weather looks sunny so don't forget the Gucci shades dude.

KCChiefsMan
02-11-2007, 08:16 PM
The weather looks sunny so don't forget the Gucci shades dude.

lol....ha ha

scott free
02-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Dont get killed.

The inmates are running the asylum NO.

acesn8s
02-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Remember to blame Bush for your overindulgence.

Phobia
02-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Who needs restaurants when you can get all the sustinance you need by licking all the women on the face?

Sorry, I just had to kick that dead horse again.

BWillie
02-11-2007, 09:11 PM
So when is Fat Tuesday actually?

Demonpenz
02-11-2007, 09:12 PM
fat tuesday is the day before ash wed

BWillie
02-11-2007, 09:14 PM
fat tuesday is the day before ash wed

I don't even know what day Ash Wednesday is. I'm not Catholic. Fat Tuesday isn't this Tuesday is it? I'm just trying to make sure so I know when to go out and see some big ole titties and get bombed

boogblaster
02-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Haven't been since 79 ..was crazy times back then..down on Burbon St. in the French Qtrs...people foricating in the street..drunks wall-to-wall .......

Jenson71
02-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't even know what day Ash Wednesday is. I'm not Catholic. Fat Tuesday isn't this Tuesday is it? I'm just trying to make sure so I know when to go out and see some big ole titties and get bombed

BWillie, Ash Wednesday is on Feb. 21. To most Christians (I don't think Lent is limited to Catholics), this is when we start the season of Lent. Lent is considered to be 40 days long, and during this time, we give up some of the things in our life that distract us from God. Usually this is a type of food or activity that we eat too much or spend too much time on. So, for example, many people give up chocolate or video games for Lent. Also, it's a time of giving. At the end of Lent is Easter, which is when Jesus rose from the dead.

Before Lent is Fat Tuesday. I think the tradition is indulging ourselves one last time before the big "fast".

acesn8s
02-11-2007, 09:55 PM
BWillie, Ash Wednesday is on Feb. 21. To most Christians (I don't think Lent is limited to Catholics), this is when we start the season of Lent. Lent is considered to be 40 days long, and during this time, we give up some of the things in our life that distract us from God. Usually this is a type of food or activity that we eat too much or spend too much time on. So, for example, many people give up chocolate or video games for Lent. Also, it's a time of giving. At the end of Lent is Easter, which is when Jesus rose from the dead.

Before Lent is Fat Tuesday. I think the tradition is indulging ourselves one last time before the big "fast".I will give up going to Chiefs games for Lent.

Fat Elvis
02-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Sex robots only drink alcohol on Futurama, not in real life....

boogblaster
02-11-2007, 10:08 PM
last sex-robot I had moved away..bitch she'll be back

Jenson71
02-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I will give up going to Chiefs games for Lent.

Well, congratulations. That's kind of like when people say "I'm giving up giving up things for lent."

Bill Parcells
02-11-2007, 10:32 PM
The best hurricanes are made at Patty O'Briens..if I remember right..I haven't been to NOLA since 1998..

I do remember bourbon street being mobbed on the weekends when it's not Mardi Gras..I couldn't possibly imagine how packed it is during Mardi Gras...your biggest concern will be bathroom facilities..there will be long lines in every bar..and I think the hotels charge you to use their facilities if you're not staying at that hotel..

And watch out for riff raff and pick pocketers..have fun!

SPchief
02-11-2007, 11:56 PM
My advice, stay away from the beer looter.

I can't believe nobody has said this yet.
This place has lost it's burst.

Fairplay
02-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Put a rubber on that little pecker if you do something naughty.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/fairplay/kcchiefsman_vegas.jpg

vincent
02-12-2007, 04:01 AM
I went in 2000...My only advice...DON'T PISS IN THE STREET!!! You'd be better off killing a hooker and using the bathroom in jail..

I saw countless fights...Cops just said "break it up, blah, blah, blah."

Some guy was ABOUT to piss in a little alleyway...Cops jumped him like he was f*cking Public Enemy #1...

Don't come back w/o pics...

chagrin
02-12-2007, 05:22 AM
Dude, I am from Louisiana, have been there more times than I can remember for Mardi Gras. Don't pee in publoic, don't be a drunken douche bag and don't keep anything in your back pockets. I would also remove any hand or arm jewelry (rings, watches) as well. Other than that, just use common sense man, if you are walking down a street and all of the sudden there are no more people; turn around and walk back.
Also "frenchman" street area is jumping now, but it's not friendly for "outsiders", I suggest staying away from there at night.

Enjoy yourself but be careful, one time at Mardi Gras, I ended up getting married to a woman I had never known before that night we met, heh.

HonestChieffan
02-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Say Hi to Mayor Nagin, check on where all our tax money has gone, and dont drink the water. The water there makes everyone really stupid.

Fairplay
02-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Anyone remember the pic i posted on number 22 of this thread?

KChiefsman posted it when he went to Vegas 2-3 years back. Then everyone was makeing fun of him afterwards.

Sadly i searched and had it in my old archives of pics.

Im still trying to find the beer me pic that someone photoshopped.

Athis
02-12-2007, 08:28 PM
The National Guard is down here already. I saw them on I-10 driving their humvees. You don't want to go to jail. You won't get out for awhile. If anybody starts $hit back off and go the other way. Cops will beat the crap out of you.

dtebbe
02-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Apparently the murder rate is out of control in New Orleans this year. Be careful!

DT