PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a KC-area sports injury clinic?

Silock
02-12-2007, 05:02 AM
I'm a runner. I run. A lot. As in 30-40 miles per week a lot. But over the past year or so, I've sporadically had this pain in my shins that I initially thought was shin splints, but I have since ruled that out, because it doesn't occur when I play sports. Anyway, lately, it's been excruciatingly painful and I've had to stop running and start biking, which I freaking hate. So, it's time to go to a sports injury clinic that specializes in things like this. I was wondering if any of you have dealt with something like this and who you went to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

hawkchief
02-12-2007, 07:19 AM
I'm a runner. I run. A lot. As in 30-40 miles per week a lot. But over the past year or so, I've sporadically had this pain in my shins that I initially thought was shin splints, but I have since ruled that out, because it doesn't occur when I play sports. Anyway, lately, it's been excruciatingly painful and I've had to stop running and start biking, which I freaking hate. So, it's time to go to a sports injury clinic that specializes in things like this. I was wondering if any of you have dealt with something like this and who you went to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Dr. T.J. Rasmussen at Shawnee Misssion MC is excellent for sports related injuries. He's an orthopedic surgeon. I work in the business, and he is one of the better guys in town.

Silock
02-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks!

kc rush
02-12-2007, 07:28 AM
I went to Dr Brian Healy at Carondelet Orthopaedic Surgeons for my knee. It was nice that he wanted to explore multiple options before going to surgery.

They are located at 10777 Nall.

913-642-0200

seclark
02-12-2007, 07:41 AM
i had the same problem for awhile. i'd come home from work and get on the treadmill. after about 3/4 mile i'd develope sharp pains in both lower legs.
my doctor told me not to drink beer prior to running. i just quit running.
hope this helps,
sec

RJ
02-12-2007, 08:23 AM
i had the same problem for awhile. i'd come home from work and get on the treadmill. after about 3/4 mile i'd develope sharp pains in both lower legs.
my doctor told me not to drink beer prior to running. i just quit running.
hope this helps,
sec

Did you ask him if it would be ok to drink beer while you're running? Maybe you really can have your cake and eat it too.

seclark
02-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Did you ask him if it would be ok to drink beer while you're running? Maybe you really can have your cake and eat it too.
tried it...suds kept foaming out my nose.
sec

Fire Me Boy!
02-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Rub some dirt on it.

Fat Elvis
02-12-2007, 09:36 AM
In cases like this, I think amputation should be the first option explored.