PDA

View Full Version : Talking Urinals? Is There No End to Advertising?

gblowfish
02-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Apologies if posted before.
New marketing invention lets urinal in the Men's room talk to you while you do your business. Could this be a new campaign tool for politicians???
Discuss!

The Interactive Urinal Communicator

Now it won't be possible for a man to pee in peace, as urinals across the country will be equipped to broadcast public messages. Urinals have been fitted with the Wizmark Urinal Communicator, a waterproof, disposable drain cover embedded with electronics that senses a visitor and then relays an audio message.

The proximity sensor detects someone approaching within about 30 to 60 centimetres. A few seconds later, the detection lights flash, and a pre-recorded audio announcement starts playing. The device has a nine-centimetre diameter display area containing a lenticular screen that features multiple images or text that, and as the person moves toward the urinal, they appear to change from one graphic to the other.

The mastermind of the Wizmark, Dr. Richard Deutsch, asserts that the uses are limitless, as everything from public service announcements to beer commercials could find their way in your stall.

http://www.wizmark.com/

scott free
02-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Just add this in with some American school districts trying to let advertisers put tv screens in school bus seat backs, in order to bombard kids with even more bullcrap commercials than they already get at home.

Hell meet Handbasket.

Nzoner
02-12-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm in the advertising business and even I think this is going too far.

Definitely unlimited possibilities though gives a whole new twist to For a good time call.....

Rooster
02-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I read an article about this also and they talked about having anti drunk driving information playing when you take a leak. Kinda makes since but who wants to listen to anything while taking a leak.

StcChief
02-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Gonna be alot of bars with broken urinals with "Wizmark"

crazycoffey
02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I think they better not sell ad time to Enzyte (or any other well known male enhancement pills)

Demonpenz
02-12-2007, 10:42 AM
does the device work if you poop on them?

crazycoffey
02-12-2007, 10:46 AM
does the device work if you poop on them?

I don't know, but reading your post and your location made me laugh.

Rain Man
02-12-2007, 10:49 AM
I read an article about this also and they talked about having anti drunk driving information playing when you take a leak. Kinda makes since but who wants to listen to anything while taking a leak.

I did the research for that campaign! (Unless another one beat us to the punch.) The Wizmark came about after we'd completed the research, so it wasn't part of our study, but I'm hoping to be involved in the evaluation of it.

"Have you seen or heard any messages about drunk driving...

on TV?
on the radio?
in your urinal?
in the newspaper?"

Dick Bull
02-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I think they better not sell ad time to Enzyte (or any other well known male enhancement pills)

the last thing i need is the urinal making fun of me while im pissing on it

"as I can see you have some problems, try enzyte today---it'll fix you right up"

Nzoner
02-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I did the research for that campaign! (Unless another one beat us to the punch.) The Wizmark came about after we'd completed the research, so it wasn't part of our study, but I'm hoping to be involved in the evaluation of it.

"Have you seen or heard any messages about drunk driving...

on TV?
on the radio?
in your urinal?
in the newspaper?"

When evaluating I'd make it a point to mention that if they're going to use talking urinals for drinking too much info to make sure they use a man's voice.

Phobia
02-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Gonna be alot of bars with broken urinals with "Wizmark"

I'm not a proponent of property damage but I'm also not a proponent of having devices speak to me while I'm doing my thing. I'm torn.

crazycoffey
02-12-2007, 10:58 AM
the last thing i need is the urinal making fun of me while im pissing on it

"as I can see you have some problems, try enzyte today---it'll fix you right up"

EXACTLY, I get berated enough at home, I go to the bar to get away from these and other types of comparisions.

Next thing you know strippers will start nagging you for not spending enough time with them

will the madness never end?

Redrum_69
02-12-2007, 10:59 AM
New marketing invention lets urinal in the Men's room talk to you while you do your business.

this is soo old...your mom invented this several years ago...she talks non stop when I give her goldenshowers...

Dick Bull
02-12-2007, 11:00 AM
EXACTLY, I get berated enough at home, I go to the bar to get away from these and other types of comparisions.

Next thing you know strippers will start nagging you for not spending enough time with them

will the madness never end?

the shitter with the hemorrhoid message is the next logical step

crazycoffey
02-12-2007, 11:02 AM
this is soo old...your mom invented this several years ago...she talks non stop when I give her goldenshowers...

When I saw you posted in this thread, I just knew it didn't project the type of information that lended good material for your mom jokes.

I was right.

Nzoner
02-12-2007, 11:02 AM
the shitter with the hemorrhoid message is the next logical step

that or Mexican didn't set well last night,don't forget the pepto

crazycoffey
02-12-2007, 11:05 AM

Haha...

"My noxious odor meter went off, you qualify for a few sample of immodium A-D"

Redrum_69
02-12-2007, 11:33 AM
When I saw you posted in this thread, I just knew it didn't project the type of information that lended good material for your mom jokes.

I was right.

Dont you have a different thread that needs your post whoring attention?

crazycoffey
02-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Dont you have a different thread that needs your post whoring attention?

:deevee:

Rooster
02-12-2007, 12:22 PM

ROFL ROFL

This message has been brought to you from the good people of Beno. When you think of gas, think of Beno.

seclark
02-12-2007, 12:44 PM
how's about the poor b@stard that gets to change the batteries in those things?
sec