PDA

View Full Version : Just got rid of my season tix....

wutamess
02-12-2007, 11:49 AM
After listening to Dave Ramsey & thinking about what CP is doing with the club, I can no longer justify spending $2800+ yearly to enjoy Chiefs games.

To raise each seat by $50 is killer considering they only went 8-8 and barely made the playofffs and will likely suck again next year.

Plus, it's no longer fun getting up to go out there when there's HDTV and other games on that are just as interesting. Packing the truck, coming back having my car smell like a Bar-B-Q pit just isn't exciting as it once was 4-5 years ago anymore. I usually come back totally beat.

I can finally get Sunday ticket.

I figure I'll buy back in when my lil dude gets older and will appreciate going out there. By then I'm sure tickets will be $3k/season.

Before... I'd buy my tickets and when I didn't want to go to the game I'd just put them on eBay. Usually sold a couple games a year which usually paid for my season tickets for the season. But now with ticket prices being so high... That's bound to change.

Anyhow, I'm done. Bring on Sunday ticket.

Cochise
02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I got a phone call the other day saying that the waiting list I got put on (like 5 years ago) for season tickets no longer exists, and I could buy them whenever. I get a couple of these calls every offseason.

I don't know why I would ever buy season tickets, I have never not gone to a game I wanted to go to. Hell if you buy them in the lot or off someone at work you get better seats. Plus you don't get stuck with the preseason games.

Phobia
02-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Congrats. Did you play softball this weekend?

Bowser
02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Three grand a year for seats is a chunk of change. Nobody not named Carl Peterson will blame you.

wutamess
02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I got a phone call the other day saying that the waiting list I got put on (like 5 years ago) for season tickets no longer exists, and I could buy them whenever. I get a couple of these calls every offseason.

I don't know why I would ever buy season tickets, I have never not gone to a game I wanted to go to. Hell if you buy them in the lot or off someone at work you get better seats. Plus you don't get stuck with the preseason games.

Usually not true in this case... I had pretty good seats. lower level 5YL.
Preseason games are also a deal killer. $85/ticket to see starters play 2 series.

wutamess
02-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Congrats. Did you play softball this weekend?

Yeah, it wasn't cold at all one I started playing. helps that I have a down filled vest that keeps me warm no matter the weather.

Nzoner
02-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the club.

Redrum_69
02-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey wutamess

since you are saving all this cash...think about the 100-200 bucks you can spend on buying a shimano bait cast and an all star rod.

fishing season is right around the corner!

4th and Long
02-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey wutamess

since you are saving all this cash...think about the 100-200 bucks you can spend on buying Barbie dolls!
Fixed your post for you.

wutamess
02-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey wutamess

since you are saving all this cash...think about the 100-200 bucks you can spend on buying a shimano bait cast and an all star rod.

fishing season is right around the corner!

I was telling my cousin about you & your spots yesterday & we're game.
My Zebco 33 and my catfish rod & reel combo will work wonders for you new age fishermen.

I'm old school when it comes to fishing. I hate bait cast reels.

siberian khatru
02-12-2007, 11:59 AM
To raise each seat by $50 is killer considering they only went 8-8 and barely made the playofffs and will likely suck again next year.

They went 9-7, not 8-8. A real fan would know that. You don't deserve season tickets anyway.

:p :p :p

Semi-seriously, though, you mention Sunday Ticket -- pretty soon that's gonna cost as much as Chiefs season tickets. It's outrageous ... but those fuggers have me over a barrel.

Jenson71
02-12-2007, 12:00 PM
That's a lot of money. You can have a good, full season Royals tickets for what...a third of that price?

wutamess
02-12-2007, 12:01 PM
They went 9-7, not 8-8. A real fan would know that. You don't deserve season tickets anyway.

:p :p :p

Semi-seriously, though, you mention Sunday Ticket -- pretty soon that's gonna cost as much as Chiefs season tickets. It's outrageous ... but those fuggers have me over a barrel.

I'd rather be over a barrel $300 than $2800.
Actually, it's $975 separately as I was splitting tickets only with 2 others and Parking pass with 1 other.

Nzoner
02-12-2007, 12:04 PM
I'd rather be over a barrel $300 than $2800.
Actually, it's $975 separately as I was splitting tickets only with 2 others and Parking pass with 1 other.

Whoa did NFL Sunday Ticket make an announcement I missed?

Bowser
02-12-2007, 12:04 PM
The time is coming when your household will have to make 200k a year to afford to be able to see games live.

Iowanian
02-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Was that Dave Ramsey or David Koresh?

"don't spend mon-ay on fooosball tickets....sell your possessions and give the money to meeeee."

BIG_DADDY
02-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Now you can Q at home, not worry about a DUI and watch the game with your pit bull.

I seriously may not even do season ticket this next year considering I watch the majority of the games at a friends house on his HDTV setup. I wish I could find a 69ers fan out there in KC to switch one DTV box with and I wouldn't trip on it at all.

Cochise
02-12-2007, 12:07 PM
I wonder what the numbers on ChiefsPlanet look like of people who will be season ticket holders for 2007 versus the number who are ex-season ticket holders.

DMAC
02-12-2007, 12:08 PM
How many seats does $2800 per year buy ya?

Fire Me Boy!
02-12-2007, 12:09 PM
That's a lot of money. You can have a good, full season Royals tickets for what...a third of that price?
Pass on the season tickets and wait until May... then you'll be able to get Royals tickets for a half-eaten hotdog and an empty coke can.

Fire Me Boy!
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM

How many would $500 a year buy me?

wutamess
02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
3 plus Parking Passes

wutamess
02-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Was that Dave Ramsey or David Koresh?

"don't spend mon-ay on fooosball tickets....sell your possessions and give the money to meeeee."

I know you're against him but it had more to do with I'm tired of having to come up with $3k /year to enjoy myself at 5 games (at most).

2 preseason games, 1 Raiders game & 2 other non-attractive games every year are wasted home games.

This year the 2 non-attractive home games were...

49ers, Seahawks, possibly Baltimore & Jax

BigRedChief
02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
$2,700 here plus another $200 for parking and at least $100 during the season inside the stadium.
$3,000 gets me 3 season tickets.

I've sold 2 of the tickets for half the games.

The price is making me waver also. We will see what next year brings....

DMAC
02-12-2007, 12:19 PM
We will see what next year brings....Carl loves you.

Iowanian
02-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Just ball busting.

I can understand why a season ticket holder has had "enough".

Carl always uses the Season ticket sales as an example why he's doing things right, so maybe you're helping send a message that will help us all.

Demonpenz
02-12-2007, 12:29 PM
The only black people who will be at arrowhead will be playing.

|Zach|
02-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I didn't know there were non attractive home games...esp when you talk about playoff teams like SEA and BAL.

Thats good football.

BigRedChief
02-12-2007, 12:31 PM
The only black people who will be at arrowhead will be playing.
So are you saying us pasty skinned dudes are too dumb to know when to quit?

Demonpenz
02-12-2007, 12:35 PM
So are you saying us pasty skinned dudes are too dumb to know when to quit?

Naaa I was actually getting at that they are out pricing and under achieving so working guys like Joe gives up his tickets, black dude gives them up because they are expensive, and now BRC a die hard through and through is thinking about it up. It makes me think that litterally there will only be rich rich people at the games. It wasn't supposed to be a joke just change of times.

BigRedChief
02-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Naaa I was actually getting at that they are out pricing and under achieving so working guys like Joe gives up his tickets, black dude gives them up because they are expensive, and now BRC a die hard through and through is thinking about it up. It makes me think that litterally there will only be rich rich people at the games. It wasn't supposed to be a joke just change of times.
If I hadn't recieved a hefty bump in salary a couple of years ago I would have dropped them already.
$3,000 is alot of money out of a family's entertainment budget.

Demonpenz
02-12-2007, 12:41 PM
i spent 100 bucks on a the seahawks game. I like going to one a year. I just can't stand the thought to pay that kind of money where you actually have to work the hours to collect the money. Then go see players that makes more on one play that I make in a week and they don't even play hard. I saw wesley and law give up on so many plays. I would have lost it if i was at the game. That is some absolutebullshit if you can't even run out a play

wutamess
02-12-2007, 12:46 PM

So now you're saying that only black athletes can afford them?
Or that black people in general can't afford them.

& you're referring to only white people or rich CAN afford them.

Fuggin racist. ;)

Phobia
02-12-2007, 12:46 PM
If I hadn't recieved a hefty bump in salary a couple of years ago I would have dropped them already.
$3,000 is alot of money out of a family's entertainment budget.

You could really have a nice vacation for that kinda of jack.

I haven't spent very much on the Chiefs lately. I just can't justify it. My Texans season tickets are less than half.

Demonpenz
02-12-2007, 12:48 PM
So now you're saying that only black athletes can afford them?
Or that black people in general can't afford them.

& you're referring to only white people or rich CAN afford them.

Fuggin racist. ;)

I will put myself in timeout now :)

wutamess
02-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I didn't know there were non attractive home games...esp when you talk about playoff teams like SEA and BAL.

Thats good football.

On paper, Seahawks game I was wanting to see... Ray Lewis I was wanting to see.

When Alexander & Hassleback got hurt, I was glad I sold my tickets.
I regretted selling my tickets on the best game of the year (Jax).

This year there were 4 games that I didn't care if they played or not, Raiders, 49ers, & 2 preseason games are it.

kc rush
02-12-2007, 12:50 PM
My in-laws are giving up their 2 tickets of our combined 4. I'm still debating whether or not I should re-up. I have until the 20th to make up my mind.

Calcountry
02-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Fixed your post for you.Where have you been dude?

StcChief
02-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Congrats...
I Just had that discussion with my would be partner. 2 games a year each and sell the rest, eating PS games....
or bundling them with premium games (Dungver, SD?)

Raiders are defunked (no longer premium)
So top AFC/NFC team is the other options.

I think we are done too.....Just have to decide.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-12-2007, 01:04 PM
If they ask why you give them up. I hope some of you throw in something about the league not taking care of the oldtimers. Greedy bastards

way2kalm
02-12-2007, 01:10 PM
On paper, Seahawks game I was wanting to see... Ray Lewis I was wanting to see.

When Alexander & Hassleback got hurt, I was glad I sold my tickets.
I regretted selling my tickets on the best game of the year (Jax).

This year there were 4 games that I didn't care if they played or not, Raiders, 49ers, & 2 preseason games are it.

That was a great game you missed!

wutamess
02-12-2007, 01:14 PM
That was a great game you missed!

Fugger! :p

way2kalm
02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Fugger! :p

It's good to see you making a change that will positively impact you and the family. I am an avid listener of Dave Ramsey, I'm even going to the live event he will have here in may. Remember, when "broke" people make fun of you, you are doing it right.

wutamess
02-12-2007, 01:30 PM
It's good to see you making a change that will positively impact you and the family. I am an avid listener of Dave Ramsey, I'm even going to the live event he will have here in may. Remember, when "broke" people make fun of you, you are doing it right.

I was thinking about going but didn't want to listen to the dead horse again I've been hearing on his CD's & his talk show.

I'll stick to the audio lectures as they're really entertaining.

Woodrow Call
02-12-2007, 01:40 PM
I usually go to the Raiders game with one of my buddies(a Raiders fan) but that's about it. Personally I'd just as soon watch it on TV. Great view, no traffic, and a heck of a lot cheaper.

BigRedChief
02-12-2007, 01:43 PM
I usually go to the Raiders game with one of my buddies(a Raiders fan) but that's about it. Personally I'd just as soon watch it on TV. Great view, no traffic, and a heck of a lot cheaper.
Yeah thats all peachy keen until the blackouts start.

Nzoner
02-12-2007, 01:50 PM

I might have to start charging admission to the gameroom

StcChief
02-12-2007, 02:53 PM

They are "Lamb" ed out here half the time depending on schedule conflicts. TG for sports bars. with Sunday ticket.

El Jefe
02-12-2007, 02:58 PM
wutamess, Dave Ramsey is awesome isnt he. I really like him the guy is a genius, and he has gone about learning it the hard way. I am a huge fan of Dave Ramsey's so it is interesting too hear more people who like him too.

Mile High Mania
02-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I can't imagine justifying in my own mind spending that much annually to see any team. I would take the $3k and purchase a badass system for the home with all the works and never regret it.

Plus, for me (married with 3 kids) I can hardly find time to watch more than 2 games over the weekend now.

wutamess
02-12-2007, 03:21 PM
I can't imagine justifying in my own mind spending that much annually to see any team. I would take the $3k and purchase a badass system for the home with all the works and never regret it.

Plus, for me (married with 3 kids) I can hardly find time to watch more than 2 games over the weekend now.

I'm married with 3.5 kids and there's always time to watch the Chiefs.
Just never time to do anything else outside of play softball, football, & basketball in a couple of rec leagues.

Wife knows Sunday is Man's football day.

KC Kings
02-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm married with 3.5 kids and there's always time to watch the Chiefs.
Just never time to do anything else outside of play softball, football, & basketball in a couple of rec leagues.

Wife knows Sunday is Man's football day.

Your wife is pregnant again!
Ever hear of these...http://www.trojancondoms.com/images/logo_trojanbrandcondoms.jpg

wutamess
02-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Your wife is pregnant again!
Ever hear of these...http://www.trojancondoms.com/images/logo_trojanbrandcondoms.jpg

You KNOW IT!

We're like rabbits. It's amazing what I can accomplish once I got the balls rolling. This time 4 years ago we were going to fertilization dr. appts to where I had to "touch myself" in a 10x10 room.

Now these lil fuggers are dropping out like Hershey kisses.
We're done. I'm very seriously thinking about getting fixed.
3 times in 3 years is enough.

BigRedChief
02-12-2007, 03:54 PM
You KNOW IT!

We're like rabbits. It's amazing what I can accomplish once I got the balls rolling. This time 4 years ago we were going to fertilization dr. appts to where I had to "touch myself" in a 10x10 room.

Now these lil fuggers are dropping out like Hershey kisses.
We're done. I'm very seriously thinking about getting fixed.
3 times in 3 years is enough.
Thats cool. :clap: Congrats!

wutamess
02-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Thats cool. :clap: Congrats!

You remind me of this guy named Doug (I used to work with)?
You're not him are you?
I forgot his last name.

phisherman
02-12-2007, 03:57 PM
you sure you don't want to try for one more boy roger?

bp

BigRedChief
02-12-2007, 03:58 PM
You remind me of this guy named Doug (I used to work with)?
You're not him are you?
I forgot his last name.
Of course thats me. You didn't know this. Your fuggin with me right? Your the one that showed me this site fool.

wutamess
02-12-2007, 04:00 PM
you sure you don't want to try for one more boy roger?

bp

Was thinking about it for about as long as it took me to blink.
I'm wore down.

I'm already going to have to go to softball, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. Soon as Summer breaks I'm stressed the hell out and don't want to talk to anyone or commit to anything for weeks. It starts to settle down around Fall and Winter just sucks because it's so freaking cold you can't do ANYTHING outside.

Been seriously thinking about Pensacola.

wutamess
02-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Of course thats me. You didn't know this. Your fuggin with me right? Your the one that showed me this site fool.

No I'm not playing... I've always thought it was you & I used to tell Tyler & Dan all the time that I thought it was you. They disagreed so I left it at that until I kept seeing more pics.

How are things going in Lee's Summit (You moved right?) I seen you moving out of your house on Kentucky one day on the way to my grandmother's. She stays on 91st Terr. by Elm.

Nice to know it's you... I've always wondered.

Wa-Z
02-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Guys Carl Peterson is doing what every CEO would do. It's called supply and demand.

Spott
02-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Damn, 2800 bucks a year for 3 tickets? Screw that.

BigRedChief
02-12-2007, 04:07 PM
No I'm not playing... I've always thought it was you & I used to tell Tyler & Dan all the time that I thought it was you. They disagreed so I left it at that until I kept seeing more pics.

How are things going in Lee's Summit (You moved right?) I seen you moving out of your house on Kentucky one day on the way to my grandmother's. She stays on 91st Terr. by Elm.

Nice to know it's you... I've always wondered.
Left Sprint and went to work for the Dept. of Homeland Security for a couple of years and now I work for a Bank doing Information Security for this region.

RedNeckRaider
02-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Sadly the NFL no longer targets joe six pack. They want us to buy gear, whatever they pimping on tv...beer trucks ect. To own season tickets or even take a family or date to a game is disproportionate to other means of entertainment.

As has been said in this thread for the same money a person can stay home enjoy a better veiw of the game, and not miss large parts of the game while going to the john, getting something to eat or whatever. As far as season tickets heck you can buy a home theater system for the same money.

My kids are raised but I would never take a youngster to a NFL game...enter (Raider joke here) but I'm talking about Arrowhead also, I have been there many times. Anyway by staying at home with the family does not make you less of a fan.

As far as the not a winning product angle thats cool I respect that, but in reality going back to 1990 the product has been pretty good. Less a few breaks they could have got a couple rings.

Extra Point
02-12-2007, 06:58 PM
After listening to Dave Ramsey & thinking about what CP is doing with the club, I can no longer justify spending $2800+ yearly to enjoy Chiefs games.

Plus, it's no longer fun getting up to go out there when there's HDTV and other games on that are just as interesting. Packing the truck, coming back having my car smell like a Bar-B-Q pit just isn't exciting as it once was 4-5 years ago anymore. I usually come back totally beat.

I can finally get Sunday ticket.

I figure I'll buy back in when my lil dude gets older and will appreciate going out there. By then I'm sure tickets will be $3k/season.

Before... I'd buy my tickets and when I didn't want to go to the game I'd just put them on eBay. Usually sold a couple games a year which usually paid for my season tickets for the season. But now with ticket prices being so high... That's bound to change.

Anyhow, I'm done. Bring on Sunday ticket.
:clap:

wazu
02-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Man, this gets me thinking again. I managed to talk myself out of dropping the tickets this year, but it is tough. Especially when it's so easy to get good tickets at face value.

I also question the whole "Seat Improvement" program. Each year they basically tell me I can't really move hardly at all, yet all these people keep dumping them to the point that they have trouble selling out anymore. Hard to believe all those seats are worse than mine, cause mine aren't good.

I actually pulled up tickets, for sale, lower level, face value on Ticketmaster last year before a game. I was looking them up for a friend that was in town, figuring surely he was out of luck, but nope. Plenty of seats, much better than mine, available for face value. Makes ya think.

dtebbe
02-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I also question the whole "Seat Improvement" program. Each year they basically tell me I can't really move hardly at all, yet all these people keep dumping them to the point that they have trouble selling out anymore. Hard to believe all those seats are worse than mine, cause mine aren't good.

I used to think this too, until I picked up my 3 seats in Sec 110 Row 27 in the program a couple years back. I think BigRedChief got his right behind me that same year too. Now that I'm in the lower level, I really don't expect to ever improve, but you never know...

DT

wazu
02-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I used to think this too, until I picked up my 3 seats in Sec 110 Row 27 in the program a couple years back. I think BigRedChief got his right behind me that same year too. Now that I'm in the lower level, I really don't expect to ever improve, but you never know...

DT

Thanks a lot, DT. You've probably just hooked me for another decade.

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks that means I can upgrade from nosebleed alittle sooner.

Fairplay
02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't blame you wutamuss. The prices are high.

The product on the field is good or mediocre.

Seems like the organization doesn't want to take it to the next step.

Coach
02-12-2007, 08:29 PM
I don't blame you. I would probably do the same thing.

We, as fans, aren't getting value in return of our tickets. Why bother keep paying for it if you KNOW that you're not gonna get a fair value in return?

I'd say it's time to dump them, and send a big F U message to Carl and his croonies.

ENDelt260
02-12-2007, 08:34 PM
The time is coming when your household will have to make 200k a year to afford to be able to see games live.
That works. I'm tired of sitting amongst the unwashed masses.

Marlboro_Chief
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Quitter

Halfcan
02-12-2007, 10:06 PM
Yep I dropped mine 3 years ago and have not missed them. My Dad is dumping his after almost 20 years. He is pissed they are changing the name of Arrowhead.

Carl has already said we arent getting any FA, so really what is the point?

I went to Home Opener and 4 other games, plus the St Louis game, and still spent way less than I would have for the season ticket ripoff.

Halfcan
02-12-2007, 10:07 PM
One of the sports talk said like 10k plus were not renewing this year.

|Zach|
02-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Carl has already said we arent getting any FA,
link?

wutamess
02-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Now for the good news...
I just received my $2k for getting rid of them.

Here's the story, put them on eBay for all three but people only wanted 2. I had an auction for BIN $1 with $2499 shipping fee. eBay ended up ending the listing but not before I'd been contacted by 2 interested parties.

Long story short... 4 days and $2k profit later, It's official, I'm no longer a season ticket holder.

FYI don't sell your rights on ebay. THe buyer said he'd won some others on eBay but the seller couldn't transfer rights because he'd won them on eBay. Now seller can never transfer rights.

Just a heads up.

BigRedChief
02-15-2007, 04:19 PM
FYI don't sell your rights on ebay. THe buyer said he'd won some others on eBay but the seller couldn't transfer rights because he'd won them on eBay. Now seller can never transfer rights.

Just a heads up.Yep its in the new policy.
You have no rights to seats ever again.
You can't transfer your seats.
You have no rights to the same seats next year.

OnTheWarpath58
02-15-2007, 04:24 PM
After some consideration, I renewed today.

If for some reason I get upgraded, then business as usual.

If not, I may package half the season to sell. Traveling 3.5 hours, getting a hotel, etc is getting to be a bit much.

BigRedChief
02-15-2007, 04:28 PM
The Chiefs organization expressly reserves the rights to:

1) change season ticket policies and prices at any time and for any reason

2) change the location of season tickets from year-to-year

3) apply changes differently to different persons or entities, including, without limitation, persons who are engaged in reselling tickets (whether licensed to do so or not)

4) charge reasonable administration fees and

5) cancel season ticket accounts for any reason and/or restrict the transfer of season ticket accounts for any reason

htismaqe
02-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Sadly the NFL no longer targets joe six pack. They want us to buy gear, whatever they pimping on tv...beer trucks ect. To own season tickets or even take a family or date to a game is disproportionate to other means of entertainment.

As has been said in this thread for the same money a person can stay home enjoy a better veiw of the game, and not miss large parts of the game while going to the john, getting something to eat or whatever. As far as season tickets heck you can buy a home theater system for the same money.

My kids are raised but I would never take a youngster to a NFL game...enter (Raider joke here) but I'm talking about Arrowhead also, I have been there many times. Anyway by staying at home with the family does not make you less of a fan.

As far as the not a winning product angle thats cool I respect that, but in reality going back to 1990 the product has been pretty good. Less a few breaks they could have got a couple rings.

Just wait.

The NFL is positioning themselves so that they can squeeze every last drop of revenue out of game broadcasts.

There will come a day, in the NEAR future, where you will be forced to pay for Sunday Ticket PER CHANNEL. You will no longer be entitled to all the games, but rather you'll buy a "team" package. Shortly after that, live OTA broadcasts on the "free" networks will cease to exist.

Fruit Ninja
02-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Just wait.

The NFL is positioning themselves so that they can squeeze every last drop of revenue out of game broadcasts.

There will come a day, in the NEAR future, where you will be forced to pay for Sunday Ticket PER CHANNEL. You will no longer be entitled to all the games, but rather you'll buy a "team" package. Shortly after that, live OTA broadcasts on the "free" networks will cease to exist.
The day they do that is the day i quit bieng a football fan. One thing is to pay for sunday ticket so you get every single game. I dont mind that, IF they start with team packages. I am done. i will say **** the nfl and **** the Chiefs, and **** the 31 other teams.

Mile High Mania
02-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Traveling 3.5 hours, getting a hotel, etc is getting to be a bit much.

Damn man... doing that for 8 games is way too much work to watch football. All that time and money could be spent better elsewhere.

Mile High Mania
02-15-2007, 05:12 PM
One of the sports talk said like 10k plus were not renewing this year.

I'm guessing there will soon be 10k new season ticket holders though... so, they'll never know the difference.

Skip Towne
02-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Just wait.

That is basically what happened with boxing. I used to be a big fan and now I don't know who the heavyweight champ is.

Fruit Ninja
02-15-2007, 05:24 PM
That is basically what happened with boxing. I used to be a big fan and now I don't know who the heavyweight champ is.
you dont know who the heavyweight champ is, becuase the heavyweight Division sucks horribly, there is 0 good boxers. Middleweight and Welterweight is where its at. When Oscar and Floyd fight, its going to shatter the tyson/Holyfield sub numbers.

*edit* also some good lightweghts

Hydrae
02-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Just wait.

I wouldn't be surprised. I would love to see team packages asan option though, I don't care to have every game available, just the team I want to see. If I could pay 25% of the cost of Sunday Ticket to get all the Chiefs games I would more seriously consider switching to sattelite.

Al Bundy
02-17-2007, 07:57 AM
You could buy a Russian bride for that kind of money.

dave0320
02-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Now for the good news...
I just received my $2k for getting rid of them.

Just a heads up.

True, Bob Gretz and the Chiefs Police are watching Ebay very carefully. I know of at least one other case where a tranfer has been denied by the Chiefs. :banghead:

REDHOTGTO
02-17-2007, 10:18 AM
i too have not renewed my ticks this year, i drive 2.75 hrs one way and am tired of losing 240.00 to preseason chump games that i cannot get rid of, they sit in the drawer year after year, i cant give em away. im back to buying ticks in the lot if i want to go, i ve done this for 11 years now and im tired and broke :banghead:

Chief Roundup
02-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Uh what??? There is no way that they raised each seat by $50. Someone is exaggerating!

OnTheWarpath58
02-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Uh what??? There is no way that they raised each seat by $50. Someone is exaggerating!

$5 per seat x 10 games = $50

I read it the way you did at first too......

Chief Roundup
02-17-2007, 10:43 AM
$5 per seat x 10 games = $50

I read it the way you did at first too......

Oh so it costs an extra $5 per game. Uhhh that is huge. :rolleyes:

morphius
02-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Oh so it costs an extra $5 per game. Uhhh that is huge. :rolleyes:
Well, it is $5 a seat, most people have more then one, and it isn't like the price hasn't jumped lately...

Chief Roundup
02-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Well, it is $5 a seat, most people have more then one, and it isn't like the price hasn't jumped lately...

Yeah but it is just $5 a seat. If you have 4 seats that is a whopping total of $20 difference for the entire family per game.

I believe we are still in the bottum half of the league in ticket prices as well.

morphius
02-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeah but it is just $5 a seat. If you have 4 seats that is a whopping total of $20 difference for the entire family per game.

I believe we are still in the bottum half of the league in ticket prices as well.
I know we are not in the lower half. We have also went from thousands on the waiting list for season tickets, to offering half season packages...