PDA

View Full Version : Chargers will be Chargers

B_Ambuehl
02-13-2007, 01:29 PM
After Ryan Leaf and all the things before that how many times does a football team have to screw things up?

Getting rid of Brees was a big mistake which has not yet jumped up and bit them in the ass.

Firing the only coach left from a staff that implemented both the top ranked defense and #1 points scoring offense in the NFL is an even stupider mistake.

Even if god himself were to take over the team all the players will still have to learn new systems on both sides of the football next year. No team is ever very successful with a new system the first year.

That's good for the Chiefs. But it's just amazing how a front office can let talent go to waste like that......

Brock
02-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Awesome thread.

chagrin
02-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Awesome thread.

LMAO
I think he just uses these boards to practice his writing

Gonzo
02-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Did you all hear about John Good..........

What about Anna Nicol......

nevermind

chagrin
02-13-2007, 01:51 PM
What about Anna Nicol......

nevermind

Simpson?

DeepSouth
02-13-2007, 03:57 PM
No team is ever very successful with a new system the first year....

The Saints seem to do OK in 2006 with a new coach, new QB, new receivers, new center, rookie right guard, etc......

Skip Towne
02-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I think the technical term is "stepping on your dick".

rocks
02-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Thank you AJ Smith! The AFC West just got easier!

jidar
02-13-2007, 04:07 PM
THOSE ****ERS KEEP STEPPING ON THEIR DICKS
LOLZ

88TG88
02-13-2007, 04:08 PM
rivers >>>>>>>>> trent

im not celebrating yet

Mecca
02-13-2007, 04:26 PM
I thought it was really funny to hear Sean Salisbury say they should have got rid of AJ Smith and not Marty......yea can a top 3 GM that would be brilliant.

Brock
02-13-2007, 04:38 PM
I thought it was really funny to hear Sean Salisbury say they should have got rid of AJ Smith and not Marty......yea can a top 3 GM that would be brilliant.

That top 3 GM looks like a complete dipshit today.

Mecca
02-13-2007, 04:45 PM
That top 3 GM looks like a complete dipshit today.

He figured without the coordinators Marty was useless so he'd just ditch him now.

They'll hire someone like Rex Ryan, I'd still take the GM over the coach if I was in thier spot, he's drafted really well and built a hell of a roster.

boogblaster
02-13-2007, 04:49 PM
They can thank Marty for their talent..he's one of the best at getting talent in the later rounds ...

Mecca
02-13-2007, 04:51 PM
They can thank Marty for their talent..he's one of the best at getting talent in the later rounds ...

San Diegos last few drafts have been better than anything Marty ever had while here.......I'd say those drafts are alot more than just Marty.

Brock
02-13-2007, 05:08 PM
He figured without the coordinators Marty was useless so he'd just ditch him now.

They'll hire someone like Rex Ryan, I'd still take the GM over the coach if I was in thier spot, he's drafted really well and built a hell of a roster.

They could have kept one of those coordinators and just made him the head coach. Now, whoever comes in, chances are they're just going to screw it up.

B_Ambuehl
02-13-2007, 05:23 PM
The Saints seem to do OK in 2006 with a new coach, new QB, new receivers, new center, rookie right guard, etc......

And also a last place schedule, Drew Brees, and Reggie Bush.

S.D. has none of those.

BigRock
02-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I'd still take the GM over the coach if I was in thier spot
There's a lot of rumors that Smith's job isn't safe either. Not only because of the atmosphere he created with Marty, but because that entire situation is going to make any experienced head coach wary about going to the Chargers as long as Smith is the GM. But they aren't going to can him along with Marty since free agency and the draft are looming. Once that's over with, though, who knows.

The whole situation has put them in something of a paradox. A lot of their players are unhappy about Marty getting canned, and Shaun Phillps was on the radio today saying that none of the guys are interested in seeing the team hire a college coach (he mentioned Pete Carroll by name) or a coordinator. They think they can win now and they want an experienced coach who can step in and take them there.

But that's the last type of coach that seems likely to take the job with all the power plays going on. A college coach or a coordinator is probably Smith's ideal candidate, because he'll be able to keep control. Or they'll get an experienced coach with Smith vowing to step aside, only for it to turn into a Parcells/Jones type mess.

Fish
02-13-2007, 05:59 PM
There's a lot of rumors that Smith's job isn't safe either. Not only because of the atmosphere he created with Marty, but because that entire situation is going to make any experienced head coach wary about going to the Chargers as long as Smith is the GM. But they aren't going to can him along with Marty since free agency and the draft are looming. Once that's over with, though, who knows.

The whole situation has put them in something of a paradox. A lot of their players are unhappy about Marty getting canned, and Shaun Phillps was on the radio today saying that none of the guys are interested in seeing the team hire a college coach (he mentioned Pete Carroll by name) or a coordinator. They think they can win now and they want an experienced coach who can step in and take them there.

But that's the last type of coach that seems likely to take the job with all the power plays going on. A college coach or a coordinator is probably Smith's ideal candidate, because he'll be able to keep control. Or they'll get an experienced coach with Smith vowing to step aside, only for it to turn into a Parcells/Jones type mess.

still.. Smith >> Peterson