PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hardaway: "I hate gay people"

Pages : 1 2 [3]

HonestChieffan
02-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I dont like any sauce on a steak though

RedNeckRaider
02-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I was in no way trying to make a political statement toward you or your heroic son. Sorry if it seemed that way. Merely saying that dialogue is important, and it needs to be two sided.
I did not take it that way at all, and agree with your point. I think every normal thinking person seperates their feelings on a war and the kids fighting it.

Oxford
02-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Look, what I think a lot of people hate is the agenda of "insert your supposedly repressed group here". Not necessarily the people that comprise the group. In what context he was was using the word hate is debateable. Hooray he had courage enough to express his opinion. Yes it was stupid in the way in which he phrased it.

Homosexuality is not a normal condition of human life. How/why it happens is debateable. And the continuing drive to make it acceptable is making life worse for gays. I really don't care if someone is gay, would I feel uncomfortable if he was a teammate in the locker room (yes), would I associate with him outside of team activities (no), would I persecute him (no).

HMc
02-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Some of you hicks are f*cking pathetic. Who cares who a guy sleeps with. Who cares who he loves. Who cares if a gay guy checks you out. You're just frightened of people who are different.

C-Mac
02-18-2007, 09:58 PM
The bottom line is its the "act of homosexuality" that many have a hate or issue with, not necessarily the person themself. Homosexuality is unnatural to all species of life and is there for difficult for most to accept. If someone choses to be a homosexual so be it, but dont try to force others who disagree into accepting it as normal behavior.

HMc
02-18-2007, 10:00 PM
The bottom line is its the "act of homosexuality" that many have a hate or issue with, not necessarily the person themself. Homosexuality is unnatural to all species of life and is there for difficult for most to accept. If someone choses to be a homosexual so be it, but dont try to force others who disagree into accepting it as normal behavior.

Why is it unnatural?

Deberg_1990
02-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Why is it unnatural?

Can two humans of the same sex reproduce?? End of discussion....

HMc
02-18-2007, 10:06 PM
admittedly i've been brought up in one of the most gay-tolerant cities in the world, and when i was a kid (at an all boys school, ironically enough) i thought gays were wrong and all that. But now that i'm an <b>adult</b> and therefore, have the ability to <b>think for myself</B>, i've got no problem with it at all. Every job ive had have had gays there. Gay dudes, gay chicks, bisexuals. I can't see why anyone would care what other consenting adults do in private.

HMc
02-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Can two humans of the same sex reproduce?? End of discussion....

So i'm assuming you've only ever had sex when the goal was to reproduce? You've never had sex for pleasure?

Iowanian
02-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Go drill a deceased wombat in the ass you unisexual deviant.

Some of you hicks are f*cking pathetic. Who cares who a guy sleeps with. Who cares who he loves. Who cares if a gay guy checks you out. You're just frightened of people who are different.

In this particular case, the comments that flared up were sparked not by someone doing as they wish within their own bedroom, but someone writing a book and making an issue of preferring muddy pickle.

HMc
02-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey! Good one!

Writing a book and making an issue of it? Well at least you know to avoid the book now and hence ensure you don't get INFECTED

Iowanian
02-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Infected?

I could care less if you jerk off with a fist full of Box Jellyfish.

Hardaway may be a dumbass, but his comments weren't out of the blue, they were regarding a former Nobody player who announced on TV, not in the privacy of his home, his sexual preference. It also happend to coincide with a book about it too.

Wanted privacy his aching ass.

HMc
02-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Infected?

I could care less if you jerk off with a fist full of Box Jellyfish.

Hardaway may be a dumbass, but his comments weren't out of the blue, they were regarding a former Nobody player who announced on TV, not in the privacy of his home, his sexual preference. It also happend to coincide with a book about it too.

Wanted privacy his aching ass.

So you have problem with a guy telling the world he's gay? If he's such a nobody, why are you listening? Why is anyone listening?

You can always turn the television off, or not purchase the book.

Iowanian
02-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't. I don't give a shit.

If you want to use the arguement that whatever you do in your bed is your business, there is no need to write a book about it and announce it on TV.

I do know some gheys and have worked with some. I could really care less what they do, but I haven't spent much time with any of them....frankly because I don't enjoy the additional Drama.

Personally, I wouldn't "not" hang out with someone because they were ghey, but from I've found, I don't have that many things in common with the majority I do know. Hobbies, different....Politics....different and the list goes on.

Its just too much confusion....if I'm talking about woodworking, its about refinishing a chair or an oak gun cabinet, not Lance's balls.

Bowser
02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Tim Hardaway hates this thread.

Cochise
02-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Without looking through all the sniffling here, did anybody post Whitlock's column on the subject? I thought it was excellent.

FAX
02-18-2007, 10:51 PM
I knew a gay man once who was a real tough son of a gun. He was actually a professional stunt man specializing in spectacular car crashes.

I would bet on him in a cage match with five Bengal Tigers and a Sasquatch. The prophylactics would probably tear, though.

FAX

Thig Lyfe
02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
I knew a gay man once who was a real tough son of a gun. He was actually a professional stunt man specializing in spectacular car crashes.

I would bet on him in a cage match with five Bengal Tigers and a Sasquatch. The prophylactics would probably tear, though.

FAX

Yeah, but what if he started f*cking the Sasquatch?

FAX
02-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah, but what if he started f*cking the Sasquatch?

Yeah. The Sasquatch would probably fall in love and ruin the whole dang thing.

FAX

Sully
02-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Without looking through all the sniffling here, did anybody post Whitlock's column on the subject? I thought it was excellent.

I was about 85% on board with the article. A full 50% more than usual.

C-Mac
02-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Why is it unnatural?

It might appear to be "natural" to human homosexuals, but its no way natural behavior to all other species of life.
Its really pretty simple, females have an inny and males have an outty and when they get together the species continues to exist. You'll never see a mating ritual in the animal world thats done so to seduce the same gender.

Sully
02-18-2007, 11:38 PM
It might appear to be "natural" to human homosexuals, but its no way natural behavior to all other species of life.
Its really pretty simple, females have an inny and males have an outty and when they get together the species continues to exist. You'll never see a mating ritual in the animal world thats done so to seduce the same gender.

Wrong.

RJ
02-18-2007, 11:49 PM

FAX

I knew a gay dude who was a real bad ass, someone you wouldn't want to f*** with at all, despite the fact that he was a Cher impersonator at drag shows. He owned a bar and he didn't employ a bouncer or doorman cause he handled that stuff himself.

One night a guy was hanging in his place, all messed up, and started some crap with the bartender. The gay bar owner asked him to leave, the guy starts mouthing off, starts getting in his face. Things are getting heated, looks like some punches might be thrown when gay bar owner dude says....."Look, mother f***er, don't make me take my earrings out!".

Because it was such a tense moment I didn't laugh, but I sure did want to.

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 12:25 AM
A quick Google search invalidates your claim (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html)

Fairplay
02-19-2007, 12:48 AM
I hate it when queers act like f_ags.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2007, 01:07 AM
I don't. I don't give a shit.

If you want to use the arguement that whatever you do in your bed is your business, there is no need to write a book about it and announce it on TV.If John Amaechi had been able to just say, "Eh, I like dudes," to his teammates without everybody freaking out, he wouldn't have felt the need wait until he was retired to mention it.

And yeah, I hate it when people try to cash in on their experiences, especially when related to civil rights issues. They should just shut up about it and hope things turn out for the best!

http://imgred.com/http://thebestnotes.com/booknotes/Black_Like_Me/cover.jpg

The bottom line is its the "act of homosexuality" that many have a hate or issue with, not necessarily the person themself. Homosexuality is unnatural to all species of lifeExcept people. And penguins. And dolphins. And lizards, and snakes, and turtles, and bison...

and is there for difficult for most to accept.Is football natural? Are computers natural? Are vibrators natural? Are books natural?

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 01:11 AM
A quick Google search invalidates your claim (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html)

If .000001% of the animal kingdom appears to do "homosexual" act and you accept that as natural, then you got me, but you really have be reaching if you think thats proof of natural homosexuality. Its like saying that a rare thing such as a two headed snake is natural. I raise animals and I have often seen two females in heat back up to each other. I have seen males hump each other and I have seen those of the same sex stick their nose and tounge in the butt or reproductive areas, but they in no way are homosexual animal. Heck, an animal in heat will even hump the air if there is nothing else around. They are breeders and they are totally heterosexual. Again, you'll never see a mating ritual in the animal world thats done so to seduce the same gender.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2007, 01:14 AM
If .000001% of the animal kingdom appears to do "homosexual" act and you accept that as natural, then you got me, but you really have be reaching if you think thats proof of natural homosexuality. Its like saying that a rare thing such as a two headed snake is natural. I raise animals and I have often seen two females in heat back up to each other. I have seen males hump each other and I have seen those of the same sex stick their nose and tounge in the butt or reproductive areas, but they in no way are homosexual animal. Heck, an animal in heat will even hump the air if there is nothing else around. They are breeders and they are totally heterosexual. Again, you'll never see a mating ritual in the animal world thats done so to seduce the same gender.boy you shur reed good!

Roy and Silo, two male chinstrap penguins at New York's Central Park Zoo have been inseparable for six years now. They display classic pair-bonding behavior—entwining of necks, mutual preening, flipper flapping, and the rest. They also have sex, while ignoring potential female mates.

Wild birds exhibit similar behavior. There are male ostriches that only court their own gender, and pairs of male flamingos that mate, build nests, and even raise foster chicks.

By the way, do you have a beard?

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Except people. And penguins. And dolphins. And lizards, and snakes, and turtles, and bison...

Is football natural? Are computers natural? Are vibrators natural? Are books natural?

Football is a sport, computers are a electronic device...animals are from nature, therefore are natural.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Football is a sport, computers are a electronic device...animals are from nature, therefore are natural.What about the use of vibrators and books? Is that natural?

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 01:45 AM
boy you shur reed good!

Roy and Silo, two male chinstrap penguins at New York's Central Park Zoo have been inseparable for six years now. They display classic pair-bonding behavior—entwining of necks, mutual preening, flipper flapping, and the rest. They also have sex, while ignoring potential female mates.

Wild birds exhibit similar behavior. There are male ostriches that only court their own gender, and pairs of male flamingos that mate, build nests, and even raise foster chicks.

By the way, do you have a beard?

I knew two men who were friends of my father that lived together and did all sorts of things together for almost 25 years.They even helped take care of ones grandson for a short time one year, but they were definetly not homosexual. Again my statements have to do with whats considered natural and normal behavior for animals, a rarity or odd behavior is not viewed as normal behavior.

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 02:03 AM
What about the use of vibrators and books? Is that natural?

You even asking such a question shows your ineptness to logical reasoning. The homosexual community has gone to great lengths to get everyone to accept that their behavior is normal and this need for this great effort to do so, gives even more evidence that its not natural or normal. The sheer existance of all natural living creatures, including humans, depend upon natural heterosexual behavior. What's so hard to understand and accept about that?

HMc
02-19-2007, 06:02 AM
You even asking such a question shows your ineptness to logical reasoning. The homosexual community has gone to great lengths to get everyone to accept that their behavior is normal and this need for this great effort to do so, gives even more evidence that its not natural or normal. The sheer existance of all natural living creatures, including humans, depend upon natural heterosexual behavior. What's so hard to understand and accept about that?

Ever thought that heterosexual behaviour and homosexual behaviour can coesxist in the human race? Not everyone needs to have babies. Are married heterosexual couples who don't have children "unnatural"?

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2007, 06:12 AM
The sheer existance of all natural living creatures, including humans, depend upon natural heterosexual behavior. What's so hard to understand and accept about that?Nobody's asking you to stop making babies. Fire away.

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Ever thought that heterosexual behaviour and homosexual behaviour can coesxist in the human race?
They do coexist but that doesnt make it a normal natural behavior.

Not everyone needs to have babies. Are married heterosexual couples who don't have children "unnatural"?

Not sure there is a need to answer such a unapplicable question. It has nothing to do with normal natural behavior.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 09:12 AM
I raise animals and I have often seen two females in heat back up to each other. I have seen males hump each other and I have seen those of the same sex stick their nose and tounge in the butt or reproductive areas, but they in no way are homosexual animal.

What would you call it then?

If a human did any of those activities, they'd sure be gay.

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Nobody's asking you to stop making babies. Fire away.
No but oddly enough, through political means and through the media, somebody is trying to impose upon me the thought that homosexuality is a normal natural behavior.

Sully
02-19-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm not so sure what's hard to understand about this.

First, let's go ahead and agree that the words natural and normal mean two completely unrelated things.
I think we can all agree that something happening in nature, without interference, etc, is natural. It happens, it isa part of nature, no matter how rare. So in the case of homosexuality, it happens in humans, and many other species. No one has made these species become this way (other than the hand of God, if you choose to believe that). Therefore, it would be incorrect to label homosexuality as "Unnatural."

As far as "normal," that's a little different. That term goes a little more into what is average, what is the majority, etc. Of course homosexuality is not "normal" when we decide that for something to be normal, it has to be done by most in a population. However, we can also lump redheadedness into that group. We can also lump left handedness into that group. There are thousands of things that make us all different that could be considered non-normal. The big difference is, that many straight people consider homosexuality icky, and therefore work hard to find reason to label it as anti-social.

Baby Lee
02-19-2007, 10:06 AM
What would you call it then?

If a human did any of those activities, they'd sure be gay.
Good God I hate anthropomorphism.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 10:07 AM

Is that anything like lycanthropy?

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 10:09 AM

If male animals trying to screw each other isn't homosexual behavior, then two guys doing each other ain't either.

Easy 6
02-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Is that anything like lycanthropy?

:eek: ...a gay werewolf would be a truly fearsome creature.

Cochise
02-19-2007, 10:12 AM
:rolleyes: I can't believe there are still gashes bleeding all over the place over this. So somebody doesn't like you. Crying about it does more to bring attention and generate sympathy for him than anything else does. So he's got an opinion on your actions that you don't like. Finish off that box of kleenex and move on with your life.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2007, 10:14 AM
No but oddly enough, through political means and through the media, somebody is trying to impose upon me the thought that homosexuality is a normal natural behavior.Sweet Jesus, that sounds awful. I hope you survive.

Cochise
02-19-2007, 10:16 AM
If male animals trying to screw each other isn't homosexual behavior, then two guys doing each other ain't either.

Dogs hump inanimate objects that you leave lying around on the floor too. Does that mean that teddybearosexuals naturally occur in nature?

Baby Lee
02-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Dogs hump inanimate objects that you leave lying around on the floor too. Does that mean that teddybearosexuals naturally occur in nature?
Yes, and animals who eat other animals are MEAN, and animals who eat blades of grass are NICE.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2007, 10:20 AM
:rolleyes: I can't believe there are still gashes bleeding all over the place over this. So somebody doesn't like you. Crying about it does more to bring attention and generate sympathy for him than anything else does. So he's got an opinion on your actions that you don't like. Finish off that box of kleenex and move on with your life.WAY 2 REED TREAD DUDE

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 10:25 AM

We can get into a long debate about that, but it's got nothing to do with C-Mac's original argument, which is that homosexual behavior doesn't exist anywhere except in humans.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 10:26 AM
We can get into a long debate about that, but it's got nothing to do with C-Mac's original argument, which is that homosexual behavior doesn't exist anywhere except in humans.

Actually, that wasn't his argument.

Cochise
02-19-2007, 10:27 AM
WAY 2 REED TREAD DUDE

Sorry, people disapproving of me doesn't make my head explode... and I don't mind them having that opinion. I'm here for my scarlet letter :huh:

Frazod
02-19-2007, 10:28 AM
John Amaechi was on Bill Maher's show last night. His book sales are through the roof. Perhaps he'll send Hardaway an autographed copy. :rolleyes:

I don't know if its all the PC media overkill or overkill on this thread, but God I'm getting sick of this shit.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Actually, that wasn't his argument.

Homosexuality is unnatural to all species of life

That looks like a point he was making. If it wasn't 'natural', it wouldn't exist in numerous different species.

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 10:52 AM

Sorry to disappoint you but animals are not born homosexual nor does such animal behavior constitute an animal as being homosexual. Like I said in my example before, they are my breeders-meaning they produce offspring. Something a homosexual creature including humans could not do.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 10:55 AM
That looks like a point he was making. If it wasn't 'natural', it wouldn't exist in numerous different species.

Before I begin, let me state clearly that I'm commenting on the debate, NOT the subject of the debate.

His point wasn't that it doesn't exist. He said it wasn't "natural".

Sure it exists, but the rate at which it occurs in the wild (a tiny fraction of less than 1%) would suggest it's probably not "natural" otherwise it would happen more often.

Sully
02-19-2007, 10:58 AM
I think you are trying to slightly change the meaning of the word "natural" to better fit what you believe.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Like I said in my example before, they are my breeders-meaning they produce offspring.You own every animal in the world?

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 10:59 AM
My point was that though it may appear as natural in the mind of someone who is homosexual, its not a normal natural behavior to all other species of life including humans.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Sorry to disappoint you but animals are not born homosexual nor does such animal behavior constitute an animal as being homosexual.

Homosexuality is "sexual activity with another of the same sex".

Now explain how it isn't gay behavior for animals, but it's gay behavior for humans.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Anyways, let's drop the pretense. You don't disapprove of homosexuality because it doesn't fit into your nebulous definition of "natural." You disapprove of it because there are a couple of bible verses that can be interpreted to say it's a bad thing.

I strongly doubt you walk around saying stuff like, "People shouldn't spend so much time indoors! That's not natural!"

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 11:02 AM
My point was that though it may appear as natural in the mind of someone who is homosexual, its not a normal natural behavior to all other species of life including humans.

1. I'm not gay and I think it's natural

2. As it was explained before, normal and natural aren't the same thing so stop using them as if they go hand-in-hand

Sully
02-19-2007, 11:02 AM

I;m not homosexual, and I have no problem believing it's natural and normal.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Sure it exists, but the rate at which it occurs in the wild (a tiny fraction of less than 1%)

We don't know how prevelent 'gay behavior' is. That's not trackable.

...would suggest it's probably not "natural" otherwise it would happen more often.

If it wasn't natural, it wouldn't happen in other species. The fact that it exists shows that homosexuality is not some creation of man.

Cochise
02-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Anyways, let's drop the pretense. You don't disapprove of homosexuality because it doesn't fit into your nebulous definition of "natural." You disapprove of it because there are a couple of bible verses that can be interpreted to say it's a bad thing.

You should start a thread called "I hate religious people". I don't think there is any difference between the behavior you regularly display towards the religious than what Tim Hardaway said about gays. You may do a better job of veiling what you really mean than he did, but the obvious underlying feelings of hate are no different. :shrug:

All he said was that he didn't like you and didn't want to play basketball with you, he didn't kick around on a message board for years protraying you as a brainwashed sheep, a mindless willfully-ignorant zombie, a slackjaw of substandard intelligence without the ability to read or use effective english. I mean, come on, do you want to dress up in blackface and celebrate any other prejudices while you're at it? You are being just as bigoted and ignorant as him.

HonestChieffan
02-19-2007, 11:52 AM
I hate bad BBQ

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Is Psi gay? He hides it well.

vailpass
02-19-2007, 12:10 PM
You should start a thread called "I hate religious people". I don't think there is any difference between the behavior you regularly display towards the religious than what Tim Hardaway said about gays. You may do a better job of veiling what you really mean than he did, but the obvious underlying feelings of hate are no different. :shrug:

All he said was that he didn't like you and didn't want to play basketball with you, he didn't kick around on a message board for years protraying you as a brainwashed sheep, a mindless willfully-ignorant zombie, a slackjaw of substandard intelligence without the ability to read or use effective english. I mean, come on, do you want to dress up in blackface and celebrate any other prejudices while you're at it? You are being just as bigoted and ignorant as him.

Nice.
The state won't give Psi all the $$ he wants to un-**** his head so he seeks his therapy here for free.
But don't dare point that out as he is a victim deserving of our approval and $$. We owe it to him to fund his cockawayfromme procedure or else his fragile eggshell mind will cause him to commit suicide.
Now stop hating.

FringeNC
02-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Slightly off-topic, but it appears Las Vegas hates NBA fans:

Drudge:

NBA ALL-STAR ROWDY CROWDS
FIGHT AT WYNN; RAPPERS, POLICE CLASH... NIGHTCLUB SHUTDOWN... DEVELOPING...
Hundreds Arrested During Weekend...
MGM GRAND Shooting...

Cochise
02-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Nice.
The state won't give Psi all the $$ he wants to un-**** his head so he seeks his therapy here for free.
But don't dare point that out as he is a victim deserving of our approval and $$. We owe it to him to fund his cockawayfromme procedure or else his fragile eggshell mind will cause him to commit suicide.
Now stop hating.

I'm not condemning whatever lifestyle choices he wants to make. I don't care about that at all. It's just that accusing someone else of being bigoted and preaching hate is more than a little hypocritical.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm not condemning whatever lifestyle choices he wants to make. I don't care about that at all. It's just that accusing someone else of being bigoted and preaching hate is more than a little hypocritical.

Not going to speak for him, but there's a bit of a difference. One is hating someone for their sexual orientation(arguably uncontrollable) and the other is hating someone for their opinion/actions(something they do control).

Por ejemplo:

Hating a KKK member = Ok
Hating a midget for being short = Not Ok

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Not going to speak for him, but there's a bit of a difference. One is hating someone for their sexual orientation(arguably uncontrollable) and the other is hating someone for their opinion/actions(something they do control).

Por ejemplo:

Hating a KKK member = Ok
Hating a midget for being different = Not Ok

Hate is hate.

Cochise
02-19-2007, 12:39 PM

Por ejemplo:

Hating a KKK member = Ok

They both hate and belittle people for daring to practice a different lifestyle than they do. There's no difference.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Hate is hate.

Maybe if you take the beliefs further than just acknowledging them, but at the root of the hatred they're still different.

FringeNC
02-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Hate is hate.

Shouldn't Hitler and Stalin be hated? Gays, on the other hand, may very well be extremely irritating to be around, and to be avoided, but truly hating gays seems to be what groups like the Taliban are all about.

Everyone has their own crowd of people they enjoy being with, and others they don't enjoy interaction with. If Hardaway had simply said he doesn't enjoy the company of gays, and gays may be a distraction in the locker room, I'd have had no problem with it. He seemed a little over the top against a harmless group. Hardaway does not seem like a guy I'd like to hang around.

I guess the question is whether someone should be socially ostracized for expressing opinions like Hardaway.

vailpass
02-19-2007, 01:04 PM

Por ejemplo:

Hating a KKK member = Ok

Oh really? And who gets to choose who it is okay to hate?
You?

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Maybe if you take the beliefs further than just acknowledging them, but at the root of the hatred they're still different.

So now the true measure of hate is ACTION.

So what exaclty did Tim Hardaway do wrong again?

greg63
02-19-2007, 01:09 PM
http://www.sportech.info/2007/02/14/tim-hardaway-hates-gay-people/

Also, it's apparently impossible for a gay person to be a good basketball player.
While I certainly don't agree with Mr. Hardaway's apparent official position regarding those who are homosexual; he does, however, have a right to hate whomever he chooses IMO. I do question the wisdom of one who has set themselves in the lime light such Mr. Hardaway making such position known publicly.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Shouldn't Hitler and Stalin be hated? Gays, on the other hand, may very well be extremely irritating to be around, and to be avoided, but truly hating gays seems to be what groups like the Taliban are all about.

Everyone has their own crowd of people they enjoy being with, and others they don't enjoy interaction with. If Hardaway had simply said he doesn't enjoy the company of gays, and gays may be a distraction in the locker room, I'd have had no problem with it. He seemed a little over the top against a harmless group. Hardaway does not seem like a guy I'd like to hang around.

I guess the question is whether someone should be socially ostracized for expressing opinions like Hardaway.

I didn't say anything about Hitler or Stalin.

I was commenting on the fact that Christians hating gays is no different than gays hating Christians.

Hate is hate.

FringeNC
02-19-2007, 01:11 PM
You?

I hate Islamic fundamentalists and am proud of it. In my opinion, groups that spread a despicable ideology like that *should* be hated. Gays, on the other hand, aren't looking to take over the world.

It's really not that hard to determine whether or not it's okay to hate. Those that attempt to deny us life and liberty should be hated. Those that choose a different lifestyle shouldn't be hated. Perhaps avoided, but not hated.

greg63
02-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I didn't say anything about Hitler or Stalin.

I was commenting on the fact that Christians hating gays is no different than gays hating Christians.

Hate is hate.

Exactly! Good post! :clap::clap::clap:

Those who claim to be Christians and hate ANYONE, need to seriously examine their commitment.

vailpass
02-19-2007, 01:14 PM
I hate Islamic fundamentalists and am proud of it. In my opinion, groups that spread a despicable ideology like that *should* be hated. Gays, on the other hand, aren't looking to take over the world.

It's really not that hard to determine whether or not it's okay to hate. Those that attempt to deny us life and liberty should be hated. Those that choose a different lifestyle shouldn't be hated. Perhaps avoided, but not hated.

Do you believe pedophiles are looking to take over the world? I mean the really bad ones who bugger 2 year old kids.

Sully
02-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Exactly! Good post! :clap::clap::clap:

Those who claim to be Christians and hate ANYONE, need to seriously examine their commitment.

Well said.
It's too bad thatmany Christians, even some on this very board, refuse to see things this way.

FringeNC
02-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Do you believe pedophiles are looking to take over the world? I mean the really bad ones who bugger 2 year old kids.

Certainly they should be hated. They are certainly denying life and liberty to children. They are another no-brainer.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 01:20 PM
So now the true measure of hate is ACTION.

No, you can hate with speech. I'm just saying there's a difference between hating someone for something they can't control and hating someone for something they can control.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Well said.
It's too bad thatmany Christians, even some on this very board, refuse to see things this way.

The same could be said of SEVERAL people on the other side of the aisle.

C-Mac
02-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Well said.

Well let it be on record that I dont hate gay people, I just dont agree that homosexuality is a normal natural behavior.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 01:22 PM
No, you can hate with speech. I'm just saying there's a difference between hating someone for something they can't control and hating someone for something they can control.

What about hating someone for something that you don't know whether they can control or not?

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 01:23 PM
You?

I thought it was a comparison we could all relate to here, given the lack of midget-hating Grand Dragons.

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm not convinced that UP hates Christians or the institution of Christianity.

The beef is with the outspoken, backwards-ass, batshit-insane members of the Christian community. The kind that push for legislation, the ones that strive to make it known that God thinks their entire existence is a Sin.

greg63
02-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Well said...

:thumb:

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 01:32 PM
What about hating someone for something that you don't know whether they can control or not?

If you care enough to hate someone, you probably have an opinion on whether or not it's a controllable action anyway. I can't think of another instance other than homosexuality for your hypothetical. Got another?

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 01:35 PM

The beef is with the outspoken, backwards-ass, batshit-insane members of the Christian community. The kind that push for legislation, the ones that strive to make it known that God thinks their entire existence is a Sin.

Then why make sweeping generalizations? It's not okay to make them about gay people, but it's okay to make them about Christians?

greg63
02-19-2007, 01:36 PM

Speaking as a Christian I do not agree with homosexuality, but I, as a Christian, CANNOT and will not hate them or anyone. I respect everyone's right to live their lives as they choose; as they see fit. Christ did the same, and as a Christian I can do no less.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 01:36 PM
If you care enough to hate someone, you probably have an opinion on whether or not it's a controllable action anyway. I can't think of another instance other than homosexuality for your hypothetical. Got another?

I was proving a point, which you just made.

You professed that being a midget was outside of the person's control, but being gay was not.

That means YOU have already made up YOUR mind, and that was the point I was trying to make.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 01:41 PM
You professed that being a midget was outside of the person's control, but being gay was not.

The hell? Where did I say somebody could control being gay?

I was saying that you're trying to make that argument in regards to homosexuality. I'm asking if you have another instance where you could apply that argument, because it doesn't fit for homosexuality.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 01:45 PM
The hell? Where did I say somebody could control being gay?

I was saying that you're trying to make that argument in regards to homosexuality. I'm asking if you have another instance where you could apply that argument, because it doesn't fit for homosexuality.

If you didn't, then how is your hypothetical even relevant?

You listed KKK (controllable) and midget (not controllable). If being gay fits into NEITHER of those categories then you're hypothetical is worthless.

bogie
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Well let it be on record that I dont hate gay people, I just dont agree that homosexuality is a normal natural behavior.

You hate people because they do things that are not considered normal natural behavior?

bogie
02-19-2007, 01:51 PM
You hate people because they do things that are not considered normal natural behavior?

Never mind, just re-read your post.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 01:57 PM
If you didn't, then how is your hypothetical even relevant?

You listed KKK (controllable) and midget (not controllable). If being gay fits into NEITHER of those categories then you're hypothetical is worthless.

I said being gay is not controllable.

You said "what if you hate someone for something that you don't know is controllable or not?"

I said if you care enough to hate, you already have a belief one way or the other.

The example I would make is someone getting convicted for the killing of your loved one. If you believe they did it, you're going to hate them. If you DON'T believe they did it, you're not going to hate them.

It's all conditional.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 02:00 PM
I said being gay is not controllable.

You said "what if you hate someone for something that you don't know is controllable or not?"

I said if you care enough to hate, you already have a belief one way or the other.

The example I would make is someone getting convicted for the killing of your loved one. If you believe they did it, you're going to hate them. If you DON'T believe they did it, you're not going to hate them.

It's all conditional.

Of course it's all conditional, and you've obviously already made up your mind.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Of course it's all conditional, and you've obviously already made up your mind.

We were talking about people who care enough to hate. Even if I thought being gay was controllable, I wouldn't hate gay people.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 02:05 PM
We were talking about people who care enough to hate. Even if I thought being gay was controllable, I wouldn't hate gay people.

But you're obviously making a blanket judgment on people who, in your mind, hate gay people.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 02:08 PM
But you're obviously making a blanket judgment on people who, in your mind, hate gay people.

Yes, I'm making the judgment that ANYBODY who cares enough to hate somebody already has an opinion(one way or the other) on their actions. There are people who think being gay isn't controllable, but still hate them.

This is all pretty obvious. I just wanted you to give another situation where your argument might fit.

Iowanian
02-19-2007, 02:09 PM
http://aboatash.com/refimg/10_05_baby_tortoise_with_two_heads2.jpg

http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/2headcow.jpg

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/2heads.jpg

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Yes, I'm making the judgment that ANYBODY who cares enough to hate somebody already has an opinion(one way or the other) on their actions. There are people who think being gay isn't controllable, but still hate them.

This is all pretty obvious. I just wanted you to give another situation where your argument might fit.

I don't have an "argument" because that would imply I've taken a side in this gay vs. hate debate.

I'm simply pointing out hypocrisy.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't have an "argument" because that would imply I've taken a side in this gay vs. hate debate.

You said "what if someone hates somebody if they don't know whether or not they can control it?". I just asked if you can think of another hypothetical where that question could be applied.

'm simply pointing out hypocrisy.

I wasn't being hypocritical, nor was I even trying to infuse myself into your hypothetical.

You're trying to link our examples, which were different. My example was the comparison of what's controllable and what's not.

Your example dealt with whether or not it's right to hate someone if you aren't sure whether or not their actions are controllable. I said that if you care enough to hate, you already have a belief. Then you tried bringing in my beliefs, which were irrelevant to this part of the discussion.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 02:28 PM
You said "what if someone hates somebody if they don't know whether or not they can control it?". I just asked if you can think of another hypothetical where that question could be applied.

I wasn't being hypocritical, nor was I even trying to infuse myself into your hypothetical.

You're trying to link our examples, which were different. My example was the comparison of what's controllable and what's not.

Your example dealt with whether or not it's right to hate someone if you aren't sure whether or not their actions are controllable. I said that if you care enough to hate, you already have a belief. Then you tried bringing in my beliefs, which were irrelevant to this part of the discussion.

YOUR hypothetical said that there was a difference between a state of being that was "controllable" and a state of being that was "not controllable".

Unless you've already made up your mind (which is what you accused the "haters" of doing) than being homosexual fits NEITHER category, invalidating your hypothetical.

Your beliefs are NOT irrelevant, otherwise you would not have tried to construct a verifiably "rigged" hypothetical scenario.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 02:42 PM
YOUR hypothetical said that there was a difference between a state of being that was "controllable" and a state of being that was "not controllable".

Correct.

Unless you've already made up your mind (which is what you accused the "haters" of doing) than being homosexual fits NEITHER category, invalidating your hypothetical.

I was giving my opinion in my hypothetical and then I made a comparison to show why I believe as I do.

Your beliefs are NOT irrelevant, otherwise you would not have tried to construct a verifiably "rigged" hypothetical scenario.

My beliefs were irrelevant to YOUR hypothetical. My answer was that you'd have to have a belief in order to care enough to hate.

My scenario clearly represented my viewpoint. You're hung up on the idea of 'haters having their mind made up'. I wasn't accusing anybody of closemindedness. Just that if you felt strongly enough to hate somebody, you already have an opinion. Same goes for those who care enough to take the opposite stance.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 02:57 PM
My beliefs were irrelevant to YOUR hypothetical. My answer was that you'd have to have a belief in order to care enough to hate.

My scenario clearly represented my viewpoint. You're hung up on the idea of 'haters having their mind made up'. I wasn't accusing anybody of closemindedness. Just that if you felt strongly enough to hate somebody, you already have an opinion. Same goes for those who care enough to take the opposite stance.

I asked a question in response to your hypothetical. I didn't not construct any hypothetical scenario, you did.

I was merely pointing out that your hypothetical was flawed, because you only allowed for two options and the subject at hand, homosexuality fit neither.

Then again, I already know where you stand in this debate, so maybe that's coloring my statements a bit...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3786336#post3786336

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 03:04 PM
I asked a question in response to your hypothetical. I didn't not construct any hypothetical scenario, you did.

I wasn't complaining about your scenario or anything, just asking if had any other practical applications.

I was merely pointing out that your hypothetical was flawed, because you only allowed for two options and the subject at hand, homosexuality fit neither.

I explained that if you cared enough to hate, you were already on one side of the argument or the other. My hypothetical wouldn't work for someone who is indifferent, but they wouldn't care enough to hate anyway.

Then again, I already know where you stand in this debate, so maybe that's coloring my statements a bit...

Sarcasm is a dying art form. If only you could appreciate it.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Sarcasm is a dying art form. If only you could appreciate it.

Sarcasm, in light of recent events, is probably an art form that should be practiced in more moderation.

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 03:09 PM

Oh, Jesus Christ! (perhaps pun intended) Again, how is that any different from people giving Halfcan shit about Rush? If that is an attack on Christians, then I don't know where I even am anymore.

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Sarcasm, in light of recent events, is probably an art form that should be practiced in more moderation.
The terrorists have won. Wait a second while I grab my Qur'an.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh, Jesus Christ! (perhaps pun intended) Again, how is that any different from people giving Halfcan shit about Rush? If that is an attack on Christians, then I don't know where I even am anymore.

1) If you can't see the difference between "**** Jesus" and "**** Geddy Lee" then you have a problem that I can't fix with explanations. It's as simple as that.

2) Making fun of Halfcan doesn't generate anywhere NEAR the number of complaints.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
The terrorists have won. Wait a second while I grab my Qur'an.

Are you sure this is where you want to position yourself?

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 03:14 PM

Oh please. Did you read that topic or anything? The guy had his panties in a bunch about Psi's sig as if it was the worse thing he'd ever seen before in his life. He basically put a 'Kick Me' sign on himself.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh please. Did you read that topic or anything? The guy had his panties in a bunch about Psi's sig as if it was the worse thing he'd ever seen before in his life. He basically put a 'Kick Me' sign on himself.

So you're basically admitting that there's a double-standard here and it's to be tolerated...

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 03:15 PM
1) If you can't see the difference between "**** Jesus" and "**** Geddy Lee" then you have a problem that I can't fix with explanations. It's as simple as that.

2) Making fun of Halfcan doesn't generate anywhere NEAR the number of complaints.
1) There is no difference. It's all in the sake of humor.

2) People complain about potentially offensive stuff around here? And it works? WTF? I think I'm going to start "generating complaints" about stuff if it works.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 03:16 PM
So you're basically admitting that there's a double-standard here and it's to be tolerated...

What double standard? I have no clue what you're referring to with the Halfcan/Rush stuff.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:17 PM
1) There is no difference. It's all in the sake of humor.

2) People complain about potentially offensive stuff around here? And it works? WTF? I think I'm going to start "generating complaints" about stuff if it works.

1) Like I said, you're not a Christian so you're trying to minimalize the issue. The absolutely is a difference.

2) If only you knew how many people complain.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:19 PM
What double standard? I have no clue what you're referring to with the Halfcan/Rush stuff.

I'm not talking about the Rush stuff.

I'm talking about how certain topics are treated around here. Certain "offensive" things are completely taboo, as long as it's the popular thing to do. However, if it's something that's not popular, like Christianity in this instance, it's open season...

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm talking about how certain topics are treated around here. Certain "offensive" things are completely taboo, as long as it's the popular thing to do. However, if it's something that's not popular, like Christianity in this instance, it's open season...

I don't see a comparison. I've made gay jokes before here too. I was just mocking the guy that made that topic for being uptight.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't see a comparison. I've made gay jokes before here too. I was just mocking the guy that made that topic for being uptight.

I'm not talking specifically about you.

I might as well just shut up now, I'm fed up with the state of things here. Probably time for a break.

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 03:23 PM
1) Like I said, you're not a Christian so you're trying to minimalize the issue. The absolutely is a difference.

2) If only you knew how many people complain.
Actually, I am a Christian.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Actually, I am a Christian.

And you don't mind equating Jesus with Rush? You're unlike any Christian I've ever known...

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 03:24 PM
And I'm agnostic, which is basically just an atheist without balls.

SEE, I CAN MAKE FUN OF MYSELF TOO

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:25 PM
And I'm agnostic, which is basically just an atheist without balls.

SEE, I CAN MAKE FUN OF MYSELF TOO

I think I've said it before, but I'm a Frisbyterian.

I believe that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and you can't get it down.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2007, 03:31 PM

All he said was that he didn't like you and didn't want to play basketball with you, he didn't kick around on a message board for years protraying you as a brainwashed sheep, a mindless willfully-ignorant zombie, a slackjaw of substandard intelligence without the ability to read or use effective english. I mean, come on, do you want to dress up in blackface and celebrate any other prejudices while you're at it? You are being just as bigoted and ignorant as him.Clearly, you've done as good a job reading my posts as you have reading this thread. Congratulations, you win no prize.

And I'm not gay. Sexual orientation and gender identity are completely different things.

Then why make sweeping generalizations? It's not okay to make them about gay people, but it's okay to make them about Christians?What generalizations have I made about Christians?

I don't hate Christians; I do, however, hate it when religions are bastardized and turned into tools of power, division, and oppression.

I've mentioned my personal stance on religion here a few times, and the gist of it is that I don't really have a clue what's what, but that I find it hard to believe there's only one correct way to "heaven," whatever that is, if it exists in the first place.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3786336#post3786336LMAO

2) If only you knew how many people complain.That is unconvincing. People are stupid.

And you don't mind equating Jesus with Rush? You're unlike any Christian I've ever known...I think Jesus is probably down with all sorts of wackiness, because I find it incredibly hard to believe that such an easygoing guy would have been such a dour mother****er.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
What generalizations have I made about Christians?

Did I say it was you?

I don't hate Christians; I do, however, hate it when religions are bastardized and turned into tools of power, division, and oppression.

I agree with this.

That is unconvincing. People are stupid.

Now THIS is a sweeping generalization. :D

I think Jesus is probably down with all sorts of wackiness, because I find it incredibly hard to believe that such an easygoing guy would have been such a dour mother****er.

I didn't say anything about Jesus. I said Reaper16 wasn't like any CHRISTIAN I'd ever met. You know that little thing they like to call "blasphemy"?

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Did I say it was you?Sorry, I have to be somewhere and I'm in a hurry. Just consider that a question for Cochise.

I didn't say anything about Jesus. I said Reaper16 wasn't like any CHRISTIAN I'd ever met. You know that little thing they like to call "blasphemy"?I've found that a lot of members of my generation are pretty much immune to silly stuff like being offended. Consider it a cost (perk?) of growing up with the internets.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Sorry, I have to be somewhere and I'm in a hurry. Just consider that a question for Cochise.

I've found that a lot of members of my generation are pretty much immune to silly stuff like being offended. Consider it a cost (perk?) of growing up with the internets.

Honestly, the only thing I'm really offended by in all of this is the tenor of the conversation. Seems like this place has gotten very "heated" lately.

I would hope that everyone here, gay, Christian, Rush...well, forget that Rush sucks...could just get along a little better.

greg63
02-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Honestly, the only thing I'm really offended by in all of this is the tenor of the conversation. Seems like this place has gotten very "heated" lately.

I would hope that everyone here, gay, Christian, Rush...well, forget that Rush sucks...could just get along a little better.

Well said; and I agree.:clap:

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 03:45 PM
And I'm not gay. Sexual orientation and gender identity are completely different things.

Yeah, that'll only add to the irony.

I know for a fact that Psi is 100% Grade A Man-Meat.

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 03:52 PM
I didn't say anything about Jesus. I said Reaper16 wasn't like any CHRISTIAN I'd ever met. You know that little thing they like to call "blasphemy"?
UP summed it up -- I don't get offended by things easily, especially when it concerns humor.
If I weren't a Christian, then yeah, Jesus and Geddy Lee would have a similar significance to me. I can understand other people's viewpoints, and I don't always assume that what I think is how things actually are. So, concerning a membership that is diverse in opinion, I don't see how the two are different.

I am, admittedly, a very strange Christian. But I believe in the core nature of Jesus Christ as my savior. Do I make fun of Jesus and Christianity as a whole? Hell yeah! That **** is ****ing funny!

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 04:01 PM
If I weren't a Christian, then yeah, Jesus and Geddy Lee would have a similar significance to me. I can understand other people's viewpoints, and I don't always assume that what I think is how things actually are. So, concerning a membership that is diverse in opinion, I don't see how the two are different.

If you weren't a Christian, they would have a similar significance. However, that wasn't what I was addressing.

You say you can understand other people's viewpoints - I'm sure you have no trouble then seeing why comparing Jesus Christ to Geddy Lee would be extremely offensive to some.

Furthermore, if a Rush fan really did believe that their eternal salvation depended on that witch, they should probably seek medical attention immediately.

I am, admittedly, a very strange Christian. But I believe in the core nature of Jesus Christ as my savior. Do I make fun of Jesus and Christianity as a whole? Hell yeah! That **** is ****ing funny!

Like I said, most Christians I know would consider that blasphemous.

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 04:05 PM
You say you can understand other people's viewpoints - I'm sure you have no trouble then seeing why comparing Jesus Christ to Geddy Lee would be extremely offensive to some.

Those offended really, really, really need to learn that Jesus just isn't important to some people.
I wish everyone could have thicker skin about things like this. I agree with you, the fighting atmosphere of late isn't fun.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Those offended really, really, really need to learn that Jesus just isn't important to some people.
I wish everyone could have thicker skin about things like this. I agree with you, the fighting atmosphere of late isn't fun.

I would agree.

Unfortunately, some people can't bear the idea that someone else doesn't much care about something that forms the very core of their being, whether it's Christ, homosexuality, or whatever.

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I would agree.

Unfortunately, some people can't bear the idea that someone else doesn't much care about something that forms the very core of their being, whether it's Christ, homosexuality, or whatever.
For general informative purposes, I wish to reiterate that this thread didn't set out to be one that trumpets so called the homosexual agenda or anything. It certainly took a severe detour.

Logical
02-19-2007, 04:51 PM

So when I say Screw Jesus does that make me Homosexual or a Christian hater.:p

Sully
02-19-2007, 04:53 PM
So when I say Screw Jesus does that make me Homosexual or a Christian hater.:p

To-may-to
To-mah-to

ROFL

Fairplay
02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Homos suck.

mississippichiefan
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
UP summed it up -- I don't get offended by things easily, especially when it concerns humor.

Let me get this straight you are kidding right , you don't make fun of Jesus and Christianity and claim to be a Christian right ? I just read this and must be misunderstandng what you are saying .

Buck
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Wait...Tim Hardaway hates Gay People?

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Let me get this straight you are kidding right , you don't make fun of Jesus and Christianity and claim to be a Christian right ? I just read this and must be misunderstandng what you are saying .
I have always found within myself no problem with saying anything as long as its funny. I say stuff I don't agree with all of the time to generate a laugh out of myself or others. Life's too short not to laugh.

RJ
02-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Wait...Tim Hardaway hates Gay People?

Yep. It was even on the news.