PDA

View Full Version : When the lord made peace officers

DenverChief
02-15-2007, 12:04 AM
When the lord was creating Peace Officers, he was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared and said, “You’re doing a lot of fiddling around on this one.”

And the Lord said, Have you read the spec on this order? A Peace Officer has to be able to run five miles through alleys in the dark, scale walls, enter homes the health inspector wouldn’t touch, and not wrinkle their uniform.

They have to be able to sit in an undercover car all day on a stakeout, cover a homicide scene that night, canvass the neighborhood for witnesses, and testify in court the next day.

They have to be in top physical condition at all times, running on black coffee and half- eaten meals. And they have to have six pairs of hands.

The angel shook her head slowly and said, “Six pairs of hands….No Way.”

“It’s not the hands that are causing me the problems,” said the Lord, “It’s the three pairs of eyes an officer has to have.”

That’s on the standard model? asked the angel.

The Lord nodded. One pair that sees through a bulge in a pocket before he asks, “May I see what’s in there sir?” (When they already know and wishes they had taken that accounting job.) Another pair here in the side of their head for their partners’ safety. And another pair of eyes here in front that can look reassuringly at a bleeding victim and say, “ You’ll be alright ma’am, when they know it isn’t so.”

“Lord,” said the angel, touching his sleeve,” rest and work tomorrow.”

“I can’t,” said the Lord, “I already have a model that can talk a 250 pound drunk into a patrol car without incident and feed a family of five on civil service paycheck.”

The angel circled the model of the Peace Officer very slowly, “Can it think?” she asked.

“You bet,” said the Lord, “It can tell you elements of a hundred crimes, recite Miranda warnings in it’s sleep; detain, investigate, search, and arrest a gang member on the street in less time than it takes five judges to debate the legality of the stop…and still it keeps it’s sense of humor.

This officer also has phenomenal personal control. They can deal with crime scenes painted in HELL, coax a confession from a child abuser, comfort a murder victim’s family’ and then read in the daily paper how Law Enforcement isn’t sensitive to the rights of criminal suspects.

Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek of the Peace Officer. “There’s a leak,” she pronounced. “I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model.”

“That’s not a leak,” said the Lord, “It’s a tear.”

“What’s the tear for?” asked the angel.

“It’s for bottled-up emotions, for fallen comrades, for commitment to that funny piece of cloth called the American flag, and for justice.”

“You’re a genius,” said the angel.

The Lord looked sober. “I didn’t put it there,” he said.

Anonymous

Extra Point
02-15-2007, 12:05 AM
Awesome post!

Smed1065
02-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Guess he just gave up then?

ROFL

Rain Man
02-15-2007, 08:07 AM
It's a little known fact that God paid so much attention to police officers that he forgot to put food in most parts of Africa. True story.

HonestChieffan
02-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Why do people live in a desert? Aint no food in a desert.

Phobia
02-15-2007, 08:13 AM
It's just like Greek mythology.

ENDelt260
02-15-2007, 08:14 AM
I was only checking in on this thread to see if Skip had shown up yet.

Rain Man
02-15-2007, 08:15 AM
And you know about birth defects? That's because of the time God spent on firemen. You've gotta have tradeoffs.

RNR
02-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Don't get me wrong I have family members who are cops and have much respect for the job. I did laugh at part of your thread "They have to be in top physical condition at all times" A large amount of the cops around here could be clocked with a sun dial over a hundred yard dash.

Luke
02-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I figured he used a dog as a model, run up and down the highways chasing cars, when one goes bad is mean motherf***, and travel in packs.
Just underpaid Joe"s doing a job in my opinion.

Phobia
02-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Don't get me wrong I have family members who are cops and have much respect for the job. I did laugh at part of your thread "They have to be in top physical condition at all times" A large amount of the cops around here could be clocked with a sun dial over a hundred yard dash.

I was actually laughing out loud during the first mention.... I managed to choke back the tears to read the rest and then they mentioned it AGAIN. I don't know who actually wrote this work of fiction but they've never actually met a peace officer.

I respect the work they do but this thread is a load of crap.

Skip Towne
02-15-2007, 08:30 AM
They need 6 pairs of hands to help in stealing drugs out of the evidence locker.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Just more proof that God is the best practical jokester evah.

boogblaster
02-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Peace-officers were made to keep the poor from killing the privileged ...in case you to stupid to notice there is double-standards at work ....

HemiEd
02-15-2007, 08:56 AM
I respect the work they do but this thread is a load of crap.

Our neighborhood patrolman, spends more time checking out my projects and shooting the bull about cars, than he should. He pulls up in my drive and leaves his car running, forever it seems like.

Simply Red
02-15-2007, 08:57 AM

Yep. I think it was over the weekend.

Simply Red
02-15-2007, 08:59 AM

Here ya go: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158243

Bowser
02-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Our neighborhood patrolman, spends more time checking out my projects and shooting the bull about cars, than he should. He pulls up in my drive and leaves his car running, forever it seems like.

You should pay one of the neighborhood kids 20 bucks to jump in and drive it down the street. And maybe have bail money on hand, too. But it would be worth seeing his face when you bust out laughing and tell him "Just f*ckin' with you Bob. That's Timmy, he lives next door!"

HemiEd
02-15-2007, 09:14 AM
You should pay one of the neighborhood kids 20 bucks to jump in and drive it down the street. And maybe have bail money on hand, too. But it would be worth seeing his face when you bust out laughing and tell him "Just f*ckin' with you Bob. That's Timmy, he lives next door!"

Hmm, that is an idea. :hmmm:

My grandsons both enjoyed setting in the car and playing with the red light and sirens etc. I don't think the neighbors cared much for it though.

Cave Johnson
02-15-2007, 09:27 AM
The Lord nodded. One pair that sees through a bulge in a pocket before he asks, “May I see what’s in there sir?” (When they already know and wishes they had taken that accounting job.)

“You bet,” said the Lord, “It can tell you elements of a hundred crimes, recite Miranda warnings in it’s sleep; detain, investigate, search, and arrest a gang member on the street in less time than it takes five judges to debate the legality of the stop…and still it keeps it’s sense of humor.

Pure comedy. The overall impression I get from most 50 is that they enjoy the power imbalance that they couldn't get on their merits alone. I don't think the writer thinks very highly of search and seizure laws, either.

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Jeez, great thread, with many stupid responses.
You guys just don't have a clue, you think your dealing with the cops are 1) typical of all cops and 2) make you some how knowledgable about this topic.

I'd ask if you guys had ever looked down the wrong end of a barrel, but you probably have, so let me put it another way. Have you ever been looking over the sights of your gun while looking at the wrong end of another? Known you had the right, the privilege and the authority to pull your trigger, ending another human life (a human life, that while tragic in many ways, still deserves respect, has parents, and family members that love him)

AND

You did not pull the trigger because you had a "feeling" that he was scared, and didn't really want to shoot you.
This is an example of personal restraint. I'm sure you all would be capable of making the right choice in this situation, because you are better than the "normal joes" that wear a badge.

BTW, I'm not yelling or mad, just putting down my 2 cents worth as well. You can't type tone and many of my reponses get taken out of context because of it.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 09:42 AM
You guys just don't have a clue, you think your dealing with the cops are 1) typical of all cops and 2) make you some how knowledgable about this topic.

I'd ask if you guys had ever looked down the wrong end of a barrel, but you probably have, so let me put it another way. Have you ever been looking over the sights of your gun while looking at the wrong end of another? Known you had the right, the privilege and the authority to pull your trigger, ending another human life (a human life, that while tragic in many ways, still deserves respect, has parents, and family members that love him)

AND

You did not pull the trigger because you had a "feeling" that he was scared, and didn't really want to shoot you.
This is an example of personal restraint. I'm sure you all would be capable of making the right choice in this situation, because you are better than the "normal joes" that wear a badge.

BTW, I'm not yelling or mad, just putting down my 2 cents worth as well. You can't type tone and many of my reponses get taken out of context because of it.

So THAT'S what gives them the right to be complete dicks at every turn. Thanks for clearing that up.

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 09:46 AM
So THAT'S what gives them the right to be complete dicks at every turn. Thanks for clearing that up.

Your welcome, but what gives you the right to be a dick at every turn?

Bowser
02-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Your welcome, but what gives you the right to be a dick at every turn?

My lust to abuse what little power I have been granted in this world, and see people squirm when there is no reason to squirm?

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 09:51 AM
My lust to abuse what little power I have been granted in this world, and see people squirm when there is no reason to squirm?

OH? So you are the type of person that was teased as a youngen, and if you were a cop it would translate to you being the POS variety that ends up making the majority of us real cops look bad?

Not sharing anything new, it's clear that you have authority issues from your earlier posts.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Before this gets out of hand...

Nobody will deny the stress a cop potentially faces every time he punches in. I went to school with a guy that ended up a cop. Two weeks into the job, he had to put two in the chest of some crazed out crackhead coming at him with a knife that wouldn't back down. Screwed him up pretty good for a while. I actually kicked around the idea of being a cop for bit, but realized the stress it would bring to my marriage and decided it wouldn't be worth the trade off.

My point is cops shouldn't take it out on people who don't necessarily put them in positions where they are staring down barrels of guns. I.E. - don't play an asshole when you give a ticket for going 32 in a 25 when the driver of the car is being respectful.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 09:58 AM
OH? So you are the type of person that was teased as a youngen, and if you were a cop it would translate to you being the POS variety that ends up making the majority of us real cops look bad?

Not sharing anything new, it's clear that you have authority issues from your earlier posts.

We're going to psycho-analyze now, huh? Does this mean that you are an ex-jock with a little dick that's pissed because you didn't make varsity?

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Before this gets out of hand...

Nobody will deny the stress a cop potentially faces every time he punches in. I went to school with a guy that ended up a cop. Two weeks into the job, he had to put two in the chest of some crazed out crackhead coming at him with a knife that wouldn't back down. Screwed him up pretty good for a while. I actually kicked around the idea of being a cop for bit, but realized the stress it would bring to my marriage and decided it wouldn't be worth the trade off.

My point is cops shouldn't take it out on people who don't necessarily put them in positions where they are staring down barrels of guns. I.E. - don't play an asshole when you give a ticket for going 32 in a 25 when the driver of the car is being respectful.

Hey a real answer, finally. This is something I can respond to with respect. I have been nothing but real while on here and when giving my opnions on the chiefs, politics, life, etc.

I take the point of this thread was to point out the potentials and maybe your comment about God being a practical joker didn't convey your respect of those potentials. I take it personally, because I've been in law enforcement for over 10 years. I know that was my fault, but there were more than you slandering this thread, just for slander purposes. I know that happens, you have the right to do it. I just like giving my opinions too.

Sorry to hear about your buddy, that's messed up but a reality of the job.

I know there are dick heads that abuse their authority, I too have been stopped for speeding and given tickets. I guess I always looked at it like I shouldn't have been speeding. Because getting a ticket is a real possibility when I drive over the speed limit.

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 10:11 AM
We're going to psycho-analyze now, huh? Does this mean that you are an ex-jock with a little dick that's pissed because you didn't make varsity?

nope, ex-jock that did quite well. Ask your wife how big my dick is.

:p
See now I'm trying to put humor back into our conversation.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 10:15 AM
I know there are dick heads that abuse their authority, I too have been stopped for speeding and given tickets. I guess I always looked at it like I shouldn't have been speeding. Because getting a ticket is a real possibility when I drive over the speed limit.

You're right. People shouldn't speed. I'm not arguing that at all.

The problem is the dickheads that abuse their authority that give cops a bad rap. And unfortunately it seems like there are more dickheads than not, at least from the people I know and what people talk about on this board. That's why when something like what DenverChief posted inevitably gets flamed, and pisses off those who live that life.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 10:16 AM
nope, ex-jock that did quite well. Ask your wife how big my dick is.

:p
See now I'm trying to put humor back into our conversation.

Shit, you crack that ice queen, and I'll buy you a steak dinner.

jidar
02-15-2007, 10:18 AM
If you speed you've got nothing to bitch about when you get a ticket. People just get all righteous about it, because so few people can admit when they ****ed up.

Personally, I've seen officers act both ways. I feel for the guys having to deal with assholes, but I also know a lot of cops are assholes.

I guess the lesson here is to just take it on a case by case basis, be respectful and hope you got one of the good ones, and if you didn't then sue the **** out of the city.
It helps say "sir".

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 10:25 AM
If you speed you've got nothing to bitch about when you get a ticket. People just get all righteous about it, because so few people can admit when they ****ed up.

Personally, I've seen officers act both ways. I feel for the guys having to deal with assholes, but I also know a lot of cops are assholes.

I guess the lesson here is to just take it on a case by case basis, be respectful and hope you got one of the good ones, and if you didn't then sue the **** out of the city.
It helps say "sir".

no, it helps if you are a girl and you let me peek up your skirt or down your blouse.

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Shit, you crack that ice queen, and I'll buy you a steak dinner.

ROFL

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 10:30 AM

The problem is the dickheads that abuse their authority that give cops a bad rap. And unfortunately it seems like there are more dickheads than not, at least from the people I know and what people talk about on this board. That's why when something like what DenverChief posted inevitably gets flamed, and pisses off those who live that life.

I spent three years as a motorcycle cop, just for traffic control, we responded to all the accidents, we did surveys for where the most accidents occured and would "wolfpack" (4-10 motorcycles in one area) to influence the speed control in that high accident area. There was no quota so (because I have a lead foot) I didn't write many tickets. I had a personal policy that everyone got one verbal warning on all my stops, (so if you were stopped for speeding and had your insurance/registration info all up to date, you got no ticket).

I'm big on balance.

Archie F. Swin
02-15-2007, 10:32 AM
is a peace officer the same as a police officer?

After reading the root thread, these guys should wear capes.

Skip Towne
02-15-2007, 10:36 AM

AND

Shut up, n00b

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 10:37 AM
is a peace officer the same as a police officer?

After reading the root thread, these guys should wear capes.

It's a tricky distinction, a peace officer is the same as a police officer, but there are some police officers who are not very good at being peace officers.

Actually, from what I know of it, in TX and MO you become a certified peace officer from the academy, or credentialing agency (POST program in MO) and when you get hired by a department then you swear in as a commissioned Police officer or sheriff's deputy.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I spent three years as a motorcycle cop, just for traffic control, we responded to all the accidents, we did surveys for where the most accidents occured and would "wolfpack" (4-10 motorcycles in one area) to influence the speed control in that high accident area. There was no quota so (because I have a lead foot) I didn't write many tickets. I had a personal policy that everyone got one verbal warning on all my stops, (so if you were stopped for speeding and had your insurance/registration info all up to date, you got no ticket).

I'm big on balance.

Sounds like we could use more cops of your ilk.

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Sounds like we could use more cops of your ilk.

Thank you. I think the biggest thing is compassion. Remembering you are dealing with other humans, if they are sitting in a car or whatever. When that respect get comprimised then turn on the light switch to take care of business.

The guys that give bad names to the rest of us, skip this step.

Demonpenz
02-15-2007, 11:22 AM
I wish KC had these peace officers right now we only have these we stir shit up over nothing officers.

KcMizzou
02-15-2007, 11:49 AM
I know several cops... none of whom could run five miles.

listopencil
02-15-2007, 11:53 AM
You did not pull the trigger...

That's why I know I couldn't be a cop. I would kill people when I didn't have to just because I felt they so richly deserved it.

scott free
02-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Ya take the good, ya take the bad, ya take'em both & there ya have the Facts of Life...

Seriously, i've been around & known a ton of cops in my life & like any other group of people you get the Good, the Bad & the Ugly.

I've found, in a very general way that...

City cops - Good

County cops - Bad

State Troopers - UGLY.

Duck Dog
02-15-2007, 12:18 PM
I had a good friend and hunting buddy turn cop. He's now officially unhangaroundable. Total asshole, just like his new buddies.

Cops are the biggest bunch of hypocrites I've ever seen or known.

Duck Dog
02-15-2007, 12:20 PM
A better punchline to this joke would be;

"And on the sixth day God realized he had made 3 assholes. So he put one on Adam, one on Eve and the third he made into a cop."

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 12:22 PM
i'm about to start feeling nuts again....got a supercharged band with
the names all carved in...like a dead beat winner, i wanna be a
sinner...and not a live pain forthe inner street killer.
i'm killing this man but you don't understand..i'm suited and i'm loaded
and i'm guarenteed to ****ing snap...it's supersonic..it's
workoholic..break down the center if it's all i want to be
if you're 555 then i'm 666
if you're 555 then i'm 666 what's it like to be a heretic ?
everybody's so inflatuated..
everybody's a sucker for the shit; what we are
everybody killed for me from miles away; from face to face; they haven't
got a thing to say..i bleed for this and i bleed for you..still you look
at my face like i'm somebody's new..toy..nobody wants anything i got,
which is probably cuz you're made of everything i'm not

HERETIC !!

thirty seconds, sixteen, eight, four; let me tell you why
i haven't the slightest, interest in your prices.....
you are listening so cleverly, all the money in the world cant buy me..
go ahead lie to me! tell me again how you tortured...
i wanna know how you followed your own lead so well...
you're full of shit, you had a dream but this ain't it...
if you're 555 then i'm 666 what's it like to be a heretic

go bowe
02-15-2007, 12:45 PM
wtf?

HemiEd
02-15-2007, 01:07 PM
wtf?

I have no idea either. PSI on speed?

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 01:08 PM
wtf?

to me? because to the long song lyrics?

Duck dog's generalized comment, he clearly is a pot stirer, look at his sig and my last post.

heretic is a funny word. He'll probably say he means he's a non-conformist, but in reality the word heretic as a bit deeper meaning. more specifically "a professed believer who maintains religious opinions contrary to those accepted by his or her church or rejects doctrines prescribed by that church"

a definition that colors him a hypocrite in some ways.

short version..... Hey kettle have you met the pot?

StcChief
02-15-2007, 01:13 PM
A better punchline to this joke would be;

"And on the sixth day God realized he had made 3 assholes. So he put one on Adam, one on Eve and the third he made into a cop."

or decided to think the 'peace officer thing' alot long..... like 100K more years.....

Skip Towne
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
"What does your dad do for a living?". "Nothing, he's a cop".

DenverChief
02-15-2007, 02:00 PM
I've found, in a very general way that...

City cops - Good

County cops - Bad

State Troopers - UGLY.

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 02:02 PM

I was wondering when you would come back......

DenverChief
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
They have to be in top physical condition at all times, running on black coffee and half- eaten meals. And they have to have six pairs of hands.

I think what is lost on everyone here that has posted so far about htis particular line is the fact that you can't remain in top shape on half eaten meals and black coffee..I mean c'monwe are asking our officers to do a lot

This was written for fallen officers

scott free
02-15-2007, 02:05 PM

Except for you DC, your teh GREATEST!!!

:)

DenverChief
02-15-2007, 02:05 PM
I was wondering when you would come back......

:) Gotta do my reading for school

DenverChief
02-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Except for you DC, your teh GREATEST!!!

:)

Heh why thank you thankyouverymuch

RaiderH8r
02-15-2007, 03:38 PM

You shouldn't be mad at the cop that confiscated your meth, you should be mad at the dealer that made you suck his cork to pay it off. HA!

Bowser
02-15-2007, 04:57 PM
You shouldn't be mad at the cop that confiscated your meth, you should be mad at the dealer that made you suck his cork to pay it off. HA!

Are you hitting on me?

BIG_DADDY
02-15-2007, 05:04 PM
There are all kinds of cops. I will say this, half the guys I knew in school who became cops were the biggest pussies there that got picked on all the time. That's why they wanted the gun and the badge. That being said I have met some great cops. You certainly can't package them all together.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 05:13 PM
There are all kinds of cops. I will say this, half the guys I knew in school who became cops were the biggest pussies there that got picked on all the time. That's why they wanted the gun and the badge. That being said I have met some great cops. You certainly can't package them all together.

Agreed.

It's the "a few rotten apples spoil the whole bunch" scenario.

Phobia
02-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Agreed.

It's the "a few rotten apples spoil the whole bunch" scenario.

Or maybe a few good apples can't repair the whole bunch. I'm certain there are some quality cops out there. I've even met one of them. But by far the vast majority aren't what I would term cream of the crop. I've posted about the time a woman cop cuffed me tightly, threw me in the back of the car, and impounded my ride for an expired registration ticket that went unpaid. Unbelievable.

Bowser
02-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Or maybe a few good apples can't repair the whole bunch. I'm certain there are some quality cops out there. I've even met one of them. But by far the vast majority aren't what I would term cream of the crop. I've posted about the time a woman cop cuffed me tightly, threw me in the back of the car, and impounded my ride for an expired registration ticket that went unpaid. Unbelievable.

Way to go, felon. Did you at least get her number?

When I was sixteen, I got a ticket for C&I, because the cop claimed I was swerving back and forth between lanes, but in reality, I probably had a tire go over the center line a couple of times (and it was a four lane road!). When he was done giving me the ticket, after I had responded the whole time with yes, sir or no, sir, he leans into the car points right in my face, and tells me "Your court date is on the back of your ticket. If you don not show up on the date, I WILL be at your house with a warrant for your arrest, and I WILL take you to jail. Do you understand me?" My then girlfriend was there, and couldn't believe it.

I'm certain he did it just because I was 16, but he was still being a world class dick.

Smed1065
02-15-2007, 07:51 PM
CC you should have known before you "signed" on that people have a problem with authority and when you add in the aceholes that have total control and abuse it, it would be one of the reasons people will diss you without knowing you.

Your ideas and way are the correct procedure and respectful way!

We still have memories of authority and butt-heads that abuse their powers on people that have no recourse 99% of the time. (why do you think the jurors award crazy and ridiculous amounts when the citizen does win?) That tends to make us pissed off and have a bad attitude for all police officers. Do not blame us, blames the fellow officers that do it. They are your co-workers, not ours. Tell your co-workers that respect is earned and not a right just because they have a gun and the legal system on their side.

Mostly for those that grew up in Independence. We learn and judge from our previous experience. The "CODE OF SILENCE" among police seems crazy when they want anyone to just the opposite if they know anything about their co-horts that they could tell.

I respect you because of what you state usually but you also have to look at the picture from all sides.

Three side to every story, yours, mine and the truth!

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 08:05 PM
CC you should have known before you "signed" on that people have a problem with authority and when you add in the aceholes that have total control and abuse it, it would be one of the reasons people will diss you without knowing you.

Your ideas and way are the correct procedure and respectful way!

We still have memories of authority and butt-heads that abuse their powers on people that have no recourse 99% of the time. (why do you think the jurors award crazy and ridiculous amounts when the citizen does win?) That tends to make us pissed off and have a bad attitude for all police officers. Do not blame us, blames the fellow officers that do it. They are your co-workers, not ours. Tell your co-workers that respect is earned and not a right just because they have a gun and the legal system on their side.

Mostly for those that grew up in Independence. We learn and judge from our previous experience. The "CODE OF SILENCE" among police seems crazy when they want anyone to just the opposite if they know anything about their co-horts that they could tell.

I respect you because of what you state usually but you also have to look at the picture from all sides.

Three side to every story, yours, mine and the truth!

I appeciate your words, I know there are all different types of people and police officers. I don't agree with everything all police officers have done. I think the few posts that said all police are bad, or even the majority are bad apples, because of their own personal experience or media portyals are not accurate. Because in my experience you don't know the whole story. You say three sides, yours mine and the truth, no. I say there are many more sides. Your's, mine, the truth, what the media says, what biased opinions say (on both sides), etc. It's deeper than that. They have their right to say all cops are bad, I have my right to say, hey I'm a cop and I know myself and many other cops that arent' bad.

Smed1065
02-15-2007, 08:39 PM
I would agree that most are not in fact.

My attitude is also based on my experience (not that I was innocent) I was usually in the wrong but never threatened, had a gun and always did what they asked because I was taught to respect authority and the uniform.

After doing what was asked I was treated as I never mattered in my home town or that they really cared about people in general.

I also noticed that after I got older that they seemed to respect me as a person more. I might be outdated but doubt it because of the responses on these threads from other people.

The last time I had contact with law enforcement was over 15 years ago. If you are treated like a hard core criminal because you are young, it tends to affect your opinion in later years.

I have respect for law enforcement but do have trouble with things that imply (like the original post) that they are always right after my previous experiences while young.

I know that 75% are great people and respect them. i also know that if you are concerned with the view of the public, you need to convey that to your fellow officers and mainly not just the good ones.

The public is influenced from experience and results of the majority, not just the good ones.

I am sure that you wish that all law enforcement are like you but there must be a reason that the public opinion is not besides being formed from criminals.

That would be another rant. :banghead:

DenverChief
02-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I'd like to think I'm a good cop especially when I treat everyone with respect even those that tell me about the good times they had with my mother the night before and what they think they will do to me when the cuffs are off....anywho I think the biggest problem (that can never be solved BTW) is that the more time you spend with trash the more apt you are to become trash, and LEO's spend a A LOT of time with trash....Correctional Officers even more. I'm not saying this happens to all LEO's but I'm sure it is a significant contributing factor in the corruption we see in the Law Enforcement field in the media.

BTW yes I have yelled at people before but not before trying the respectful approach first

Iowanian
02-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Nice story, but I doubt 10% of our local cops could do 25 pushups.

Sometimes I type "teh" instead of "the"....I wonder if God did that with Traffic cops?

Iowanian
02-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm probably fooked next time I get stopped.

When I hear the first of my Miranda Rights, I'm probably going to giggle, hearing it as CrCoffee reciting the Vagina monologue instead.

Coffee and the other 5-0 should think twice before posting the "There I was" stories....it didn't turn out too well for a cop on the Donkeyminge this winter.

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm probably fooked next time I get stopped.

When I hear the first of my Miranda Rights, I'm probably going to giggle, hearing it as CrCoffee reciting the Vagina monologue instead.

Coffee and the other 5-0 should think twice before posting the "There I was" stories....it didn't turn out too well for a cop on the Donkeyminge this winter.

You have the right to be wet when I enter you...

Iowanian
02-15-2007, 09:45 PM
You Think Cops have it tough? Ever take a shower at Gen Pop when you weigh under 200 pounds?

On A Monday I Was Ar-rested (Uh Huh)
On A Tuesday They Locked Me In The Jail (Oh Boy)
On A Wednesday My Trial Was At-tested
On A Thursday They Said Guilty And The Judge's Gavel Fell

I Got Stripes --- Stripes Around My Shoulders
I Got Chains --- Chains Around My Feet
And Them Chains --- Them Chains They're About To Drag Me Down

On A Monday My Momma Come To See Me
On A Tuesday They Caught Me With A File
On A Wednesday I'm Down In Solitary
On A Thursday I Start On Bread And Water For A While

And Them Chains --- Them Chains They're About To Drag Me Down

And Them Chains --- Them Chains They're About To Drag Me

Iowanian
02-15-2007, 09:48 PM
I have 2 pals that became cops.

Both have committed felonies in my presence over the years.

1, whom I'd known since preschool, started as a dispatcher and was alot of fun...became a Reserve Deputy dog and became a raging, intollerable prick over 4-5 months.

The other, was ornery as hell, and if they can keep from turning him into "If I got shot with a .22, it'd just piss me off"(Actual quote from Deputy in Concealed weapons class).(Same guy told a real funny laugher about a kid who blew his head off last fall, who did the world a favor...with his step dad in the class). So far, he still seems to be a good guy, other than speaking in Walky-Talky....and should be a good cop. He knows the difference between ornery and convict.

I know alot of cops....Alot of decent guys who I'm glad are available when needed.....and a few, who deserve a Roid the size of a walnut and a concrete seat.

boogblaster
02-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Call me old-fashion but I like to settle my own differences..plus Im not real friendly with the end-of-the-month-ticket-patrol ....

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Blow it out your ass

DenverChief
02-15-2007, 11:04 PM
WTF is going on here?

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 11:06 PM
I had a few drinks officer, said some stupid things.

ENDelt260
02-15-2007, 11:09 PM
I had a few drinks officer, said some stupid things.
What was your excuse the other times?

crazycoffey
02-15-2007, 11:11 PM
What was your excuse the other times?

I was drinking then too......

ENDelt260
02-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I was drinking then too......
You should try to sober up a minute or two out of the day.

Saggysack
02-16-2007, 03:54 AM
I don't have a problem with police officers. Most are decent human beings. The rest have their head so far up their ass you can't help but hate them.

WTF is up with their priorities on crime though anyway? My mother suffered 3 breakins in a matter of months a few years back. Each time she called 911 to report it they told her to go to the police substation and fill out a report and a detective will get back to her... WTF! Their reasoning? Too many burglaries to send out a officer to each one. Umm, maybe, just maybe there are too many burglaries because criminals know you hardly do jack about them. Yet, call 911 and tell them you seen a person with a bag a dope and they swarm like bees. I guess in their world they get rewarded by their superiors for a seizure of a bag of dope rather than solving and putting responsible party/parties in jail who destroyed and stole thousands of dollars worth of someone elses personal property.

Recently, Wichita Police have been not arresting those with small amounts of drugs, they rather give them a ticket with a court date. I agree wholeheartedly with this policy. I don't want hundreds of my tax dollars to house someone who has been arrested for a $20 bag of dope.

RaiderH8r
02-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Are you hitting on me?
Just poking a bit of fun in your direction. Could have been anyone really.

The number of assholes in the police force most likely reflects the number of assholes in a given community rather than simply the line of work.

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 09:23 AM
You should try to sober up a minute or two out of the day.

what and face reality? Naaahhhhh, where's the fun in that.

actually I don't hardly drink anymore. the ocassional night cap, but not the same as getting silly/stupid drunk.

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Just poking a bit of fun in your direction. Could have been anyone really.

The number of assholes in the police force most likely reflects the number of assholes in a given community rather than simply the line of work.

:clap::clap::clap:

StcChief
02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
what and face reality? Naaahhhhh, where's the fun in that.

actually I don't hardly drink anymore. the ocassional night cap, but not the same as getting silly/stupid drunk.

unlike some of your fellow officers in STL Area. .......

One incident comes to mind of an Officer driving drunk the wrong way on I-370 hit and killed another on duty police officer... and the police tried to sweep that under the rug......

How often do police give 'their fellow officer' a ride home no Ticket.

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 11:13 AM
unlike some of your fellow officers in STL Area. .......

One incident comes to mind of an Officer driving drunk the wrong way on I-370 hit and killed another on duty police officer... and the police tried to sweep that under the rug......

How often do police give 'their fellow officer' a ride home no Ticket.

Meh, I don't know. For every story I've heard about "professional curtsey" I've also heard the "you should know better", angle.

I have gotten a couple speeding tickets and heard, I should know better, but get the "professional curtsey" treatment once with the wife and she says it happens all the time.
I don't help the thoughts by finishing her stories to friends with, "well a dry cleaner gets free dry cleaning, it's a fringe benefit"

I arrested a ex cop once, he was completely smashed, ran into a light pole and knocked it down, lucky he didn't get shocked or something. Anyway, while booking him in he shows his peace officer license (issued by the state so you can be hired and then sworn in, or commissioned.) I just said, "sorry, you did this to yourself" But I would say that to anyone.