PDA

View Full Version : What is your phobia ?

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 08:53 AM
No, not Phil, but what is your worst fear or something that bothers you alot. Either as a child growing up or even as an adult in todays world ?
Examples .......
Eye drops ?
Dental work ?
Dogs ?
Cats ?
Clowns ?
Heights ?

Simply Red
02-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Clowns.

AssClowns mostly.

ck_IN
02-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Snakes. For some reason I detest snakes.

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Snakes, spiders & clowns get most people.........

As a kid, the dentist bugged me, still does, I can't stand anything in my mouth that I don't put there.

BucEyedPea
02-16-2007, 08:57 AM
heights
scarey movies
fish

Iowanian
02-16-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm a turdophobic.

I think its gross that people take a dump on each other as part of thier fetish, so obviously I fear it and really really want a hot carl for myself.

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Sorry to break this to you..but

repost

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Although many people have many fears.....

Me, Dentist, scared of heights, snakes, some spiders and III.

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 09:00 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157484&highlight=phobia

Direckshun
I have a phobia of Phobia.

That guy scares the hell out of me.

ROYC75

repost

I expected it has, but I never saw it then, so here it is again..........

StcChief
02-16-2007, 09:01 AM
jellyfish/stingrays/sharks other ocean stuff that can really hurt you.

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 09:02 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=157484&highlight=phobia

That was animals...... there are some things that do not classify as animals.

IIRC, we had one of these 2 or 3 years ago as well........... with so many n00bs here, it's good for them to comment.

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 09:03 AM
jellyfish/stingrays/sharks other ocean stuff that can really hurt you.

thats no shit...just look at Steve Irwin

One day you are picking up poisonous snakes waist deep surrounded by pirahnas and gators...the next day you get penetrated by a stingray

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 09:04 AM
That was animals...... there are some things that do not classify as animals.

I have a fear of this thread going past page one....

Gonzo
02-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Tinfoil....I hate tinfoil

PastorMikH
02-16-2007, 09:08 AM
After visiting someone in the hospital I have this extreme urge to wash my hands as soon as possible. Now, it may be someone I know really well and had no problems shaking hands with or even hugging a day or two before. But in a hospital setting even before I leave the room, the urge to wash is getting to me. Shoot, though I wash after going to the bathroom, if I am unable to do so that doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as not being able to wash after a hospital visit, being covered head to toe in grease doesn't bother me nearly as much either.

My wife says I am a bit extreme on it but as a nurse she does understand.

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 09:10 AM

ROFL WTF ?

kepp
02-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Spiders, man. Spiders. I can't stand them. They're the nastiest, freakiest, most no-reason-for-existing things in the world.

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 09:14 AM

That too..and gum wrapper pieces that you dont get all the way off..then the wrapper hits your fillings...

Phobia
02-16-2007, 09:14 AM

That guy scares the hell out of me.

It's a healthy fear.

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 09:15 AM
I have a fear..

a legit fear

getting bit by a brown recluse on the toilet

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Ghosts, I think my house is haunted.

I keep having the same dream about checking a certain spot in the attic, like the ghost is trying to tell me that is where he/she died.

Plus my closet is open when I come home and I know I closed it.

The other night I closed it and put a shirt in front, went downstairs for a few hours and came back and the door was cracked open.

suds79
02-16-2007, 09:21 AM

I keep having the same dream about checking a certain spot in the attic, like the ghost is trying to tell me that is where he/she died.

The other night I closed it and put a shirt in front, went downstairs for a few hours and came back and the door was cracked open.

Wow you should try to anger the ghost by pad locking that baby shut and then report back to us.

suds79
02-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Flying, Spiders and swimming at the beach (afraid of sharks)

Woodrow Call
02-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Snakes
Heights

Fish
02-16-2007, 09:25 AM
I have an uncontrollable fear of emery boards.. The sight of one instantly gives me dry-mouth, and my anxiety level jumps. The sounds of someone filing down their nails is enough to put me in the fetal position.... I can't touch them.

I'll pick up any bug, snake, spider, or varmint there is. No real fears other than that....

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Wow you should try to anger the ghost by pad locking that baby shut and then report back to us.

You are encouraging me to entice a spiritual force, one that I know very little about? You don't WANT me to come back, do you.....:p

PastorMikH
02-16-2007, 09:28 AM

That guy scares me.

Why would anyone be scared of him?

sd4chiefs
02-16-2007, 09:30 AM

repost

I have a fear of starting a theard that is a repost.

Iowanian
02-16-2007, 09:30 AM
My biggest fear and concern in life is that everyone on the interweb won't like me. I'm always afraid I'll hurt someone's feelings or offend them.

Cochise
02-16-2007, 09:32 AM
needles

kepp

The stink fan in my bathroom shut off all by itself the other day.

stumppy
I guess this should be filed under:

What should have been my first clue.

I know someone who is deathly scared of the stuffing in stuffed animals.

Archie F. Swin
02-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks to my wife informing that Fiddleback (Brown Recluse) spiders are very abundant in this nook of the world, I'm extremely paranoid when I dig around in the closet, attic, garage etc. Oh, did I mention I found a Black Widow in our garage? Thankfully I found it with my eyes. Small spiders just creep me out now.

Funny thing is...I'll let a tarantula (the native ones) crawl all over me.

ChiefsCountry
02-16-2007, 09:36 AM
My phobia is of mice, rats, hamsters, etc. I have always been scared to death of them. And of course my great friends always torture me to death with it.

Phobia
I'm terrified people will quote crazycoughy.

Saulbadguy
Don't really have one.

wutamess
02-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Heights... somehow they make you wanna leap or something. I can't describe the feeling. It's like the ground draws you to it or something.

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I have a fear of starting a theard that is a repost.

is this a combination of thread and turd? so by do you say this thread is a piece of turd?

Is this your fear, starting theards????

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 09:41 AM
The stink fan in my bathroom shut off all by itself the other day.

are you sure you didn't just break it?

Pestilence
02-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Spiders, man. Spiders. I can't stand them. They're the nastiest, freakiest, most no-reason-for-existing things in the world.

Amen to that. Spiders are useless and freaky.

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 09:44 AM
endelt's greatest phobia is getting sober........

kepp
02-16-2007, 09:46 AM
I didn't think of that at the time. I was a little light-headed. I don't think that's the case though because the switch actually flipped to the off position. I didn't see it though 'cause I was in the shower.

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm scared of being tied up and bloodletting now.

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I didn't think of that at the time. I was a little light-headed. I don't think that's the case though because the switch actually flipped to the off position. I didn't see it though 'cause I was in the shower.

I thought maybe you were in the act, and the fan shutdown. That would be scary

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm terrified people will quote crazycoughy.

who did that Foubeah?

HemiEd
02-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Acrophobia, the fear of heights.

Has anyone seen the movie "the guardian?" That is what I did in the Navy, an instructor at SAR school. I used to set in the door of a Helicoptor, no problem. 200 to 4000 feet, it did not bother me.

Now I can't even stand to watch a scene on television that has height involved. I can't stand to look over the rail of a second floor walkway.

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Acrophobia, the fear of heights.

Has anyone seen the movie "the guardian?" That is what I did in the Navy, an instructor at SAR school. I used to set in the door of a Helicoptor, no problem. 200 to 4000 feet, it did not bother me.

Now I can't even stand to watch a scene on television that has height involved. I can't stand to look over the rail of a second floor walkway.

Good movie, I have a fear of being under water too long..........

HemiEd
02-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Good movie, I have a fear of being under water too long..........

My wife rented it for me last night. I was truly shocked how accurate it was, amazing. Those SAR school scenes were exactly like we used to do it.

Does that phobia stop you from swimming?

Baby Lee
02-16-2007, 10:34 AM
ROFL - stopped it up with a hellacious turdfog!!

boogblaster
02-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Phobia of being in tight places in the dark..ever since I was hung up under a trailer house after a dog unplugged my light.. I can't go under something on my back in the dark.. I had to cut my belt loose to get away that time..dumb-shit I guess....

Wile_E_Coyote
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
My older brothers that it was funny to roll me up in a rug when I was 4 or 5. Space, must have lots & lots of space

scott free
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Heights, more specifically man made heights. I've stood on some very steep mountain sides & it doesnt bother me at all, because you know you have a chance to grab something or atleast slam into a rock.

But skyscrapers & flying vehicles??? I'm completely unashamed to admit it scares me to death. St. Louie arch??? Wanted to pee my pants, Sears Tower??? Wouldnt go past the 1st floor lobby while my kids & some relatives went up, jet, plane & chopper flight??? Would rather take a cheese grater to my sack.

I have NO idea how i made it through Air Assault training.

HemiEd
02-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Heights, more specifically man made heights. I've stood on some very steep mountain sides & it doesnt bother me at all, because you know you have a chance to grab something or atleast slam into a rock.

But skyscrapers & flying vehicles??? I'm completely unashamed to admit it scares me to death. St. Louie arch??? Wanted to pee my pants, Sears Tower??? Wouldnt go past the 1st floor lobby while my kids & some relatives went up, jet, plane & chopper flight??? Would rather take a cheese grater to my sack.

I have NO idea how i made it through Air Assault training.

I feel for you man. I was a complete basket case at the San Diego zoo, riding those tram things on a cable.

kc rush
02-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Bats. I'm also a little weird about heights.

I've jumped out of an airplane and was fine (loved it), but I have difficulty standing on a high place like a rooftop without holding on to something.

scott free
02-16-2007, 10:55 AM
I feel for you man. I was a complete basket case at the San Diego zoo, riding those tram things on a cable.

Yep, theres another thing i hate...trams. I just cant trust mechanical things with my life. If i was some celeb, i would have to be like Madden & get a bus.

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 10:58 AM
My wife rented it for me last night. I was truly shocked how accurate it was, amazing. Those SAR school scenes were exactly like we used to do it.

Does that phobia stop you from swimming?

Not at all, but if I have to go under for any length of time for someting, it bothers the hell out of me.

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Not at all, but if I have to go under for any length of time for someting, it bothers the hell out of me.

I didn't think I had this fear, but the first time I went under in the big blue sea (my first time in the ocean and my first time SCUBA lesson) I had to come back up and catch my breath a few times.

I got used to it, but I still ate up more of my air tank than any others in the group every time we went in.

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Yep, theres another thing i hate...trams. I just cant trust mechanical things with my life. If i was some celeb, i would have to be like Madden & get a bus.

Trams and flying doesn't bug me, but standing on a ledge looking below....... errr, that's get the hairs standing on my back. I can't ride any amusement park rides that go upside down .........

ChiTown
02-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Red-headed Mexican Midgets.....................they freak me out.

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 11:06 AM
I cant wait to see that movie with Ricci and Samuel Jackson

Frazod
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I hate needles. I had to take several glucose tolerance tests when I was a kid. They make you drink syrupy orange soda-tasting shit and then draw blood once an hour for eight hours. Needles just creep the shit out of me now. I don't even want to watch other people getting injected, even if it some fake scene from a TV show or movie - I'll always look away.

When I went through the innoculation battery in bootcamp, I thought I was going to die. They told us to relax our arms, and while I kept up appearances and ACTED like the shots didn't bother me, there was no way I could relax muscles. I was so tense that blood was running out of all the innoculation holes down both arms and dripping on the floor.

scott free
02-16-2007, 11:09 AM
standing on a ledge looking below....... errr, that's get the hairs standing on my back. I can't ride any amusement park rides that go upside down .........

Same here. I really dont have any phobia's outside of heights, but man its strong enough to make up for it.

Pestilence
I don't know if you could consider this a phobia...but I had a supervisor who would get nauseous every time someone touched their eye. I mean...rubbing...poking...anything to do with the eye. She would actually get ill if someone did it.

Imagine how much fun we had torturing her. lol

Redrum_69
needles huh..

how about in Saw 2..where the chick gets tossed into the hole with nothing but hypodermic needles....and she is pulled out with needles poking in her all over like a porcupine...

Frazod
02-16-2007, 11:11 AM
needles huh..

how about in Saw 2..where the chick gets tossed into the hole with nothing but hypodermic needles....and she is pulled out with needles poking in her all over like a porcupine...

:eek:

I've never watched it.

And now you can rest assured I never will.

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 11:21 AM
When I went through the innoculation battery in bootcamp, I thought I was going to die.

yeah, wasn't that fun, God only knows what the hell they were shooting us up with, but if I remember right there were at least 6 people standing in two lines of three. We had to step between two, get a shot in both arms, step forward two steps, get two more shots.....

some of the shots weren't even needles, they were the air shots, shooting the meds in your skin. Only in the military....

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 11:27 AM

I've never watched it.

And now you can rest assured I never will.

nothing like a good ol syringe breaking off and the little metal tip sticks out of your skin...then someone pulls out a pair of needle nose pliers and pulls the metal tip out...hopefully the needle didnt strike the bone, cuz then that really hurts...like that one movie i seen where they burned needles under a flame until they were white hot then inserted them under the fingernails of the hostages...

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Damn, I hate needles too ........ Just reading what everybody else is mentioning has me thinking there are alot of things that bug me.........

Mr. Laz
02-16-2007, 11:42 AM
i'm slightly claustrophobic...

but has to be a space so small that my arms can't move up.

like a coffin or something .....

like in that show "Fear Factor" they would put contestants in a coffin size box with a bunch of snakes or something. That would just freak me out ... not the snakes ... but being pinned down in a box like that.

*shiver* :(

luv
02-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Looking up some phobias (like arachnophobia) and came across this. It's me to a tee.

http://www.psychresearch.com/scarymovies.htm

The subconscious mind (where the action is) is NOT a reasoning or rational mind. It's a mind that follows orders, or brings up the emotions of old experiences when triggered by a variety of stimuli.

Results of scary happenings, often movies, are fear of the dark, generalized anxiety, phobias, and in some cases, panic attacks. Typically kids love scary movies, not realizing the lasting effect it can have on them. Watching scary stuff when parents are gone or at another kid's house is a common occurrance.

You may think you've gotten over it. But maybe not. Any emotional experience may be a partial cause of a variety of symptoms in some susceptible people. These people will have phobias, bad dreams, nervousness and perhaps other symptoms.

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 11:58 AM
you having bad dreams and nervousness luv??

care to share some of your dreams?

luv
02-16-2007, 11:59 AM
you having bad dreams and nervousness luv??

why the bold?
If I watch a horror movie, those things happen to me.

MOhillbilly
02-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Looking up some phobias (like arachnophobia) and came across this. It's me to a tee.

http://www.psychresearch.com/scarymovies.htm

The subconscious mind (where the action is) is NOT a reasoning or rational mind. It's a mind that follows orders, or brings up the emotions of old experiences when triggered by a variety of stimuli.

Results of scary happenings, often movies, are fear of the dark, generalized anxiety, phobias, and in some cases, panic attacks. Typically kids love scary movies, not realizing the lasting effect it can have on them. Watching scary stuff when parents are gone or at another kid's house is a common occurrance.

You may think you've gotten over it. But maybe not. Any emotional experience may be a partial cause of a variety of symptoms in some susceptible people. These people will have phobias, bad dreams, nervousness and perhaps other symptoms.

bunch of ****ing mumbojumbo.

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Wonder how many men have the fear of talking in their sleep ? The subconscious mind will talk ......... :eek:

luv
02-16-2007, 12:08 PM
bunch of ****ing mumbojumbo.
What's really funny is, if you click on the link, there's a recorded message that is supposed to take the fear away. I listened to about the first 30 seconds of some old guy mumbling before I just couldn't stand listening anymore. I do have nightmares after watching horror (blood and guts, not suspense) movies almost without fail.

Redrum_69
02-16-2007, 12:17 PM
come over sometime...and we'll watch a marathon of SAW movies..and Hostel...and the house of 1000 corpses.

It will be fun

The wife gets a kick out of those movies..

I'll barbecue...

pr_capone
02-16-2007, 12:22 PM
84 year old women

*shudders*

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 12:26 PM
A Milli Vanilli movie

MOhillbilly
02-16-2007, 12:34 PM
A Milli Vanilli movie

how do you know theres A Milli Vanilli movie in the first half?

Frazod
02-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Some other things that bother me, although not as much as needles:

Being in a brightly lit area surrounded by darkness, where I can't see but anything in the dark can see me.

Being in a body of water where I don't know what else is in there with me (thank you Steven Spielberg 4321 ).

I guess both of the above could be combined into a single category - fear of sneak attack from unseen and unknown things.

My issues with possums have been well documented here, but I've pretty effectively conquered that by turning many live possums into dead possums. :grr:

I've also got a thing about knives. Knives bother me more than guns - not so much the stabbing aspect, but the flaying aspect. Much like the possums, anyone pulling a knife on me had best use it quickly, because I react badly and violently.

crazycoffey
02-16-2007, 12:35 PM
how do you know theres A Milli Vanilli movie in the first half?

there's another thread about it, if I read it on Chiefs planet, it must be true.

BTW I think John Goodman just died.

MOhillbilly
02-16-2007, 12:37 PM
BTW I think John Goodman just died.

really?:(

you spend to much of your day here.

ROYC75
02-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Some other things that bother me, although not as much as needles:

Being in a brightly lit area surrounded by darkness, where I can't see but anything in the dark can see me.

Being in a body of water where I don't know what else is in there with me (thank you Steven Spielberg 4321 ).

I guess both of the above could be combined into a single category - fear of sneak attack from unseen and unknown things.

My issues with possums have been well documented here, but I've pretty effectively conquered that by turning many live possums into dead possums. :grr:

I've also got a thing about knives. Knives bother me more than guns - not so much the stabbing aspect, but the flaying aspect. Much like the possums, anyone pulling a knife on me had best use it quickly, because I react badly and violently.

Jaws has III like this ........

TinyEvel
02-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Zombies.

My dad took me to see "Dawn of the Dead" when I was 9. He didn;t know how bad it was gonna be. I was awake all night with nightmares that I was trapped in my house or school and the whole world was blanketed in the walking flesh-eating dead.

I had frequent nightmares until I was 14. I still have one about every three months or so, and when I wake up I have to turn on all the outside lights and check all the locks on the doors and windows.
Sometimes in dark, open spaces I look around and get freaked out.

CHENZ A!
02-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Drowning.. Well, I guess suffocation of any type.. really gets to me is like in the movies, when somebody is trapped underwater, and they're struggling with some type of obstruction preventing them from getting to air.

FAX
02-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I read a short story when I was young that included a description of a person who was buried alive. In the story, the person woke up in the dark and scratched his fingernails off trying to get out of the coffin.

I had a recurring dream that I was that person for years. I still think that being buried alive remains my greatest fear. That, and being stranded on spider island, of course.

FAX

DJay23
02-17-2007, 04:58 PM
My phobia is of mice, rats, hamsters, etc. I have always been scared to death of them. And of course my great friends always torture me to death with it.
SAME HERE.

Being a science teacher it makes things especially dicey come science fair time when kids have all sorts of little creatures. They think it's so hilarious to scare the big bad teacher with a tiny little mouse.

Adept Havelock
02-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Every time I go to the Dentist, I expect to hear those horrible words...

"Is it safe?"

FAX
02-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Every time I go to the Dentist, I expect to hear those horrible words...

"Is it safe?"

ROFL

FAX

Skip Towne
02-17-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm scared of atomic bombs. Those things can hurt you.

Calcountry
02-17-2007, 06:12 PM
It's a healthy fear.I have no fear, ever since Phobia left.

Joie
02-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Dentists and Heights.

I completely believe what Luv posted about childhood and the mind. The dentist fear is from when I was a little kid.

Calcountry
02-17-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm scared of atomic bombs. Those things can hurt you.No shit. I heard they cause global warming too.

Phobia
02-17-2007, 07:01 PM
I have a fear of losing all my teeth. I have frequent nightmares where that happens too.

FAX
02-17-2007, 07:04 PM
I have a fear of losing all my teeth. I have frequent nightmares where that happens too.

Is your fear that they will just fall out someday, Mr. Phobia? Or is it that some brainsick tooth fairy will come during the night and remove them?

I've never heard of this particular fear.

FAX

Archie F. Swin
02-17-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.entomology.wisc.edu/insectid/images/id_full/house-centipdede.jpg

Phobia
02-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Is your fear that they will just fall out someday, Mr. Phobia? Or is it that some brainsick tooth fairy will come during the night and remove them?

I've never heard of this particular fear.

FAX
Falling out. I suspect it has much to do with the fact that my grandmother had upper and lower falsies which she was not shy about showing during my developmental years and combined with a 15 year copenhagen habit.

FAX
02-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Falling out. I suspect it has much to do with the fact that my grandmother had upper and lower falsies which she was not shy about showing during my developmental years and combined with a 15 year copenhagen habit.

Hmmm. That is fearsome, Mr. Phobia. I'm beginning to worry about it, too.

Personally, I think it's a little rude for a person to take out their dentures in public. Especially in front of impressionable children. Sounds like something Britney Spears would do. I had a grandfather who did that, too. I liked him, but he was a little spooky sometimes.

FAX

|Zach|
02-17-2007, 09:32 PM
I have a strange fear of revolving doors. I go through them but I am very cautious. It would be terrible getting caught up in one.

FAX
02-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Anybody here have any latent anxiety associated with the prospect of intelligent but malicious slime coming into your room through the windows or the crack under the door?

FAX

NewChief
02-17-2007, 09:43 PM

I dated a girl once that had a really bad trip on mushrooms where she was convinced that her teeth had fallen out (during the trip). She had weird teeth issues ever after.

J Diddy
02-17-2007, 09:43 PM
No shit. I heard they cause global warming too.

global warming isn't real

luv
02-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Dentists and Heights.

I completely believe what Luv posted about childhood and the mind. The dentist fear is from when I was a little kid.
I think it was the Thriller video that did it to me. Werewolves and dancing zombies. That might also explain why Michael Jackson scares me.

luv
02-17-2007, 10:32 PM
global warming isn't real
I wish it was. I can't wait for it to warm up.

Joie
02-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I think it was the Thriller video that did it to me. Werewolves and damncing zombies. That might also explain why Michael Jackson scares me.
I'd be more worried if Michael Jackson didn't scare you.

My dentist fear is because a dentist slapped me and covered my mouth with his hand when I was around 5. This also explains why I freak out when my mouth/head is covered.

Dallas Chief
02-17-2007, 11:25 PM
No, not Phil, but what is your worst fear or something that bothers you alot. Either as a child growing up or even as an adult in todays world ?
Examples .......
Eye drops ?
Dental work ?
Dogs ?
Cats ?
Clowns ?
Heights ?
Dental work. Up until last week anyway when I met the new dental hygienist. OMG! :drool: You know how they say people get addicted to plastic surgery, that's me and my teeth. Now I have to find a way to get to the dentist much more frequently...She looks like Eva Longoria+Mischa Barton + 10 pounds in all the right places. Not that I am obsessed or anything.

Clowns are now in the #1 spot. Friggin nutjobs...

Bob Dole
02-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Heights.

jlscorpio
02-18-2007, 04:53 AM
Eating in public alone, I can't do it.

RedDread
02-18-2007, 05:02 AM
chewing on rough wool

I have no idea why it just gives me the willies.

As for more mainstream fears? Drowning probably tops my list, followed by pretty much any stinging insect.

Never had an issue with spiders tho :shrug:

scott free
02-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Eating in public alone, I can't do it.

I cant stand that either, not sure why, guess it just feels dumb to be sitting there all alone. It feels kinda the same the few times i've went to a movie alone, lookin' like some sad sack who couldnt find a date or pal to go with.

FAX
02-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Well, if there was intelligent but malevolent slime coming through your window or door crack, I'll bet you guys would get a case of the terrors.

You can't reason with that stuff.

FAX

greg63
02-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Phil

I'm really afraid of him.

Simply Red
01-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Drowning.. Well, I guess suffocation of any type.. really gets to me is like in the movies, when somebody is trapped underwater, and they're struggling with some type of obstruction preventing them from getting to air.
Yeah, drowning would suck.

MichaelH
01-19-2008, 05:38 PM
I am scared to death of sharks. Seeing sharks on TV or in an aquarium doesn't bother me but the thought of swimming in the ocean and getting bitten from a big fish fish gives me the cold sweats.

BWillie
01-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I am afraid of losing my genitals in a fire or something catastrophic like that.

milkman
01-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm afraid that GoatSex will eventually get some and procreate.

Is that unreasonable?

Fried Meat Ball!
01-19-2008, 07:10 PM
The guys that protect lime trees.

MadMax
01-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Heights.

I 2nd that...Quit some damn good paying jobs because of it too.

Count Zarth
01-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Dying alone.

Frankie
01-19-2008, 07:27 PM
What is your phobia ?
1- Height.
2- Shark infested waters.
3- (Somewhat) having my back to people when I'm doing something. I become totally inefficient in what I'm doing.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-19-2008, 07:29 PM
ROUS'es.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Arachnephobia

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Is there a fear of losing things? If so, I have it.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Arachnephobia
The movie or the spiders?

If it's the movie, I think we need to take a moment of silence to remember John Goodman.

Rest in peace, brother. Rest in peace.

Al Bundy
01-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Live Chickens.. the only good chicken is in a bucket with KFC on the side.

KcMizzou
01-19-2008, 07:49 PM
I don't think I have a phobia.

Cockroaches freak me out a bit, though.

Roaches = filth and disease

Creepy little bastards.

TEX
01-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Clowns. I hate them. They freak me out.

milkman
01-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Clowns. I hate them. They freak me out.

This place must scare the bejesus out of you then.

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Clowns. I hate them. They freak me out.Yes, we ALL fear the Chiefs front office...

stumppy
01-19-2008, 10:06 PM
For years drowning kind of bothered me until i was involved in a real bad situation at the river. Since then I have developed a phobia of drowning. It doesn't really bother me to go swimming but just the thought of me drowning or someone else near my vicinity or a family member drowning really bothers me.
I was out for a sunday drive with the kids and stopped at a river access on the James River by Nixa. Heard screams for help, The situation was one guy and two little girls caught up in the current quite a ways from the bank screaming for help. One guy, already there, had jumped in and was swimming for them. I stripped down and went in too, he passed me on his way back with one little girl. I grabbed the other girl and swam back with her. Then I went back after the guy (their dad ) got out there and he was under, on my 3rd dive looking for him I grabbed the top of his head and yanked him towards the top. Got him turned over and started swimming back for the bank. I was spent. went under a couple times and ended up having to let go of him just so I didn't drown too. He didn't make it. I barely did. Both girls were ok. In the process of all this I had crushed a disc in my back and splintered a couple vertebrae on either side of the disc. So, like I said. The thought of drowning our especially one of my kids really really bothers me.

Fruit Ninja
01-19-2008, 11:24 PM
**** Spiders. i mean i dont freak out when i see em, i just dont like them, and i kill them immediately lol

morphius
01-19-2008, 11:43 PM
heights and spiders, thats really about it.

stumppy
01-19-2008, 11:49 PM
**** Spiders. i mean i dont freak out when i see em, i just dont like them, and i kill them immediately lol

Yup, I forgot about those creepy little fuggers. I see one he's dead dead dead. They give me the willies.

Baby Lee
01-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Insecurity

MTG#10
01-20-2008, 08:49 AM
ROUS'es.

Rep - simply because I just watched that movie for the very first time last night, and now understand what everyone means when they reference it. :D

JBucc
01-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Wasps. They can all die. If I ever go to Japan it will be in a full set of medieval armor for fear of those giant hornets.

alnorth
01-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Spiders. I absolutely cant stand those damned things.

I'm fine with snakes, I actually had a couple pet ball pythons over the years.

stonedstooge
01-20-2008, 09:47 AM
I can't step on cracks on the sidewalks, will even go into the grass to avoid areas that are full of cracks and no where to step. I also have had dreams of seeing an airplane crash since I was a little kid. The last dream of that nature, I had about 3 months ago only I was ON the plane. It's always been viewed seeing it crash not being on it. A new twist that increases my fear of flying which I have done several times but not enjoyed. Usually would drink a six pack before getting on a plane.

MTG#10
01-20-2008, 09:55 AM
I can't step on cracks on the sidewalks, will even go into the grass to avoid areas that are full of cracks and no where to step.

Melvin Udall?

stonedstooge
01-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah I guess that fits the mold. Wish I had his money and the women old Jack has gone through in his life. It would be interesting to know his phobias as I've always thought a lot of what he shows in film comes natural for him. Of course finding out the mother that raised you was really your sister had to come as a shock. He didn't know until later in his life did he? That one would sure bring on some issues.

TEX
01-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Midgets - or little people - if that's what the politically correct reference is these days. Regardless - they FREAK ME OUT! - Especially when they run.

KcMizzou
01-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Midgets - or little people - if that's what the politically correct reference is these days. Regardless - they FREAK ME OUT! - Especially when they run.Eh, look on the bright side. If and when they ever attack, you could probably kick their ass.

Bwana
01-20-2008, 10:23 AM
The only thing that bugs me is snakes. The only good snake, is one that I just shot into about 100 pieces with one of my shotguns.

Standing at the top of a cliff and looking over got to me at one time, but I took up sky diving to take care of that issue.

Buehler445
01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't think I have a phobia.

Cockroaches freak me out a bit, though.

Roaches = filth and disease

Creepy little bastards.

I hear you brother. I'm not really scared of them, but I helped my Brother in law install some windows in this severe Whiskey Tango house with cockroaches all over it. Well anyway, I'm outside and I see a ****ing syringe half burried outside their house. I about freaked the **** out. When I was putting in the windows, I made damn sure I knew where I was relative to that damn thing. The last thing I wanted was a damn STD because I stepped on a crack whore's needle.

Sorry, I got sidetracked.

As for my phobias, it is probably asphyxiation. I have had a couple of really bad asthma attacks, and I'm fairly sure I wasn't all that close to death, but it is one scary damn feeling fighting to breathe only to fail no matter what you do. I have dreams about it occasionally, and it scares the shit out of me. Even when people get strangled or something on TV, my chest gets a little tight, and I get a little tense.

I guess on a lesser sense is slipping when I'm on top of something tall. I've been on a grain bin and on a couple roofs where I slipped and thought I was going over. I don't think that's a phobia though, rather just a lack of confidence in my balance, or being cautious of slippery surfaces.