PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Coach's Son Surrenders to Police

Smed1065
02-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Eagles Coach's Son Surrenders to Police
By MARYCLAIRE DALE, Associated Press Writer

2 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA - The oldest son of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid surrendered to police Friday on charges stemming from a traffic accident, including assault, heroin possession and driving under the influence.

Garrett Reid, 23, of Villanova, was released on $25,000 unsecured bail after a hearing in Plymouth Township and will be subject to random drug tests.

He waived his right to a preliminary hearing, according to Kevin Harley, spokesman for the state Attorney General's Office. Reid's next court appearance will be his formal arraignment scheduled for April 14.

Garrett Reid was charged Thursday with 14 misdemeanor and summary offenses stemming from the crash in suburban Philadelphia on Jan. 30. The charges came just days after Andy Reid took a leave of absence from the team to deal with family matters.

Also Friday, a second son, 21-year-old Britt Reid, waived his preliminary hearing over an encounter that same day in which he allegedly pointed a gun at another motorist.

Britt Reid faces a felony charge of carrying a firearm without a license as well as misdemeanor charges of lying to authorities, simple assault, making terroristic threats and possession of a controlled substance.

Lawyer William Winning, who represents both brothers, did not immediately return a message seeking comment Friday.

Garrett Reid struck a car driven by a 55-year-old woman who suffered back strain and a head laceration, authorities said. Police say they clocked him going 54 miles per hour in a posted 35 mph zone and quickly switching lanes.

Authorities found syringes with heroin and testosterone in Garrett Reid's Jeep, and he acknowledged that he had used heroin that day and the anabolic steroid in the past, according to the Montgomery County police complaint.

In addition to a scale often used in drug trafficking, police also found a variety of pills in his Jeep that proved to be amphetamines, the over-the-counter pain reliever acetaminophen, and Escitalopram, which is used to treat depression, the complaint states.

Both cases are being prosecuted by the state Attorney General's office because of a potential conflict involving Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce Castor, who has campaign ties to lawyers in Winning's firm.

The Eagles announced Monday that Andy Reid was taking a one-month leave of absence that would cause him to miss the start of the free-agent signing period.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is an old story but I must have missed the part about the other son as well.

When it rains, it pours.

Easy 6
02-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I really applaud Andy Reid & would even suggest more time off to deal with it.

Football vs. Fatherhood is NO contest.

HemiEd
02-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Tuff times for the Reid family.

Smed1065
02-16-2007, 05:10 PM
I have always liked Andy and this has to be a tough time.

mikey23545
02-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Thank goodness he's already had experience dealing with TO....

el borracho
02-16-2007, 06:41 PM
The world would be a better place if Philadelphia and all it's inhabitants were buried under hot lava.

Mojo Rising
02-16-2007, 07:53 PM
The kids are in their 20's. The time has passed to stay home and have an impact on young, developing kids. These kids need to grow up which I imagine they will get help from the state of Penn. in doing so.

jAZ
02-16-2007, 07:55 PM
I'll say up front, that I can't know the specifics... and this might be total nonsense... but...

Given that these two kids seem to be out of control at ages 23 and 21... I have to think that Andy Reid probably needed to take some "more time off to deal with it" 5-10 years ago. I can't believe that these kids had their stuff together right up until recently.

Being an NFL head coach is among the most highstress, non-stop careers you can have. I doubt it leaves much time for effective parenting.

Say what you will about Herms performance... I give him credit for spending the day away from the TV and playing with his kids during the final game (Jags?) of the season (the one that put us in the playoffs).

Chief Roundup
02-16-2007, 08:15 PM
The world would be a better place if Philadelphia and all it's inhabitants were buried under hot lava.

The City of Brotherly Thugs

ChiTown
02-16-2007, 08:56 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Dude, it's the fuggin Eagles, come on! He can always have more kids........

boogblaster
02-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Football has been very very good to Andy..now Andy needs to be very very mean to stupid off-spring ....

Smed1065
02-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Football has been very very good to Andy..now Andy needs to be very very mean to stupid off-spring ....

Along with stupid football fans! See above posts.

|Zach|
02-17-2007, 12:28 AM
Hopefully all this exposure was a huge shock to those two kids and they can get some professional help and put things together.

Demonpenz
02-17-2007, 12:30 AM
They think they roll hard, heh that shit is only tuesday when you rolling with the demondog

Rausch
02-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Wow.

Reid is definitely one of those NFL names I'd hate to piss off.

Easy 6
02-17-2007, 07:44 AM
I'll say up front, that I can't know the specifics... and this might be total nonsense... but...

Given that these two kids seem to be out of control at ages 23 and 21... I have to think that Andy Reid probably needed to take some "more time off to deal with it" 5-10 years ago. I can't believe that these kids had their stuff together right up until recently.

I totally agree that its a little late, theres probably not a whole lot he can do in a month at this stage of the game, but better late than never i guess.

On one hand its easy to feel for these NFL coach kids, with what amounts to an absentee dad for most of the year. The other side of that is that they have opportunities that most of us only dreamed of.

jAZ
02-17-2007, 08:51 AM
I totally agree that its a little late, theres probably not a whole lot he can do in a month at this stage of the game, but better late than never i guess.

On one hand its easy to feel for these NFL coach kids, with what amounts to an absentee dad for most of the year. The other side of that is that they have opportunities that most of us only dreamed of.
Brian Shottenheimer seems to have his shit together. Same with Jim Mora Jr. There's probably a larger % of situations like Reid's than Marty's among NFL coaches than the general public.

ChiefButthurt
02-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Typical of a spoiled rich kid thinking that the world owes them something. He's probably never had a real job or real responsibility. He has no fear of life, too bad.

FAX
02-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Dang. I was hoping he would at least put up some kind of struggle.

FAX