PDA

View Full Version : Breach

Sully
02-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Good movie... not great, but good, bordering on very good.

WOuld have been much better without Phillippe, but another actor.

That's my brief review.

Jenson71
02-16-2007, 06:27 PM
It looks very cool. I like Chris Cooper. He seems perfect for it. I don't know the young manat all though. I will wait for it on DVD, but I look forward to it.

Otter
02-16-2007, 06:29 PM
You need to work on your movie reviews.

the Talking Can
02-16-2007, 06:39 PM
I like Cooper a lot....can't stand Phillippe....tough call

Frazod
02-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Roeper gave it four stars, said it was awesome. Said Cooper's performance was Oscar-worthy. I tend to agree with him more than most; he's not quite as stodgy as Ebert.

I may go see it this weekend.

Deberg_1990
02-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Ive liked Chris Cooper even since waaaay back in the days of "Lonesume Dove" If i remember right, isnt is from around the local KC area originally??

Sully
02-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Cooper is from KC. I like him, too. Thing is, though, he was basically playing himself (or the same character he plays in 90% of the movies he is in) in the movie, so it's hard to rave about his performance. But his character was GREAT, I'll admit.

My movie reviews are usually a little better, but I was in a hurry. SOrry, kids.

Frazod
02-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Ive liked Chris Cooper even since waaaay back in the days of "Lonesume Dove" If i remember right, isnt is from around the local KC area originally??

According to IMDB, he was born in Kansas City.

Archie F. Swin
02-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Cooper helped build Royal's Stadium

SBK
02-17-2007, 12:04 AM
I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Cooper was awesome, Reese's ex wasn't great.

According to my wife Phillippe cheated on Reese Witherspoon with the chick that played his wife in this movie. If true, and who cares if it is, he f'd up good on that one.

cdcox
08-01-2007, 10:32 PM
I just watched this on DVD. I loved this movie. I'll definitely one I'll add to the library. I think those of you criticizing Phillippe are going too hard on him. This movie has one central character, not two. Cooper's character drove the movie, and Phillippe's role was to provide the point of observation through which we viewed this compelling character. I didn't find Phillippe's character to be distracting in the least and that is a huge compliment. This isn't a story about two giants matching wits. It's a story of a brilliant man with depraved motivations, who is able to fool all of the people for a very long time. He's brought down by betrayal and the ravage of age and accumulated stress on instincts. A stronger character from Phillipe would give you a different story.

If you like a good drama, definitely rent this movie. I enjoyed it much more than the better publicized The Good Shepard.

KCChiefsMan
08-01-2007, 10:42 PM
ya this movie was pretty good! I watched it a few weeks ago. You mentioned The Good Shephard....that movie SUCKED!!!