PDA

View Full Version : Patriots franchise Samuel

Mr. Laz
02-16-2007, 07:28 PM
February 16, 2007
Samuel tagged

The Patriots informed cornerback Asante Samuel today that they are placing the franchise tag on him. Adam Schefter first reported the news on the NFL Network.

The news was confirmed tonight by Samuel's agent, Alonzo Shavers.

We'll have more later tonight.

nychief
02-16-2007, 07:38 PM
So wait, I hope they get production for their ty law money.

StcChief
02-16-2007, 08:58 PM
No surprise here....

Amnorix
02-16-2007, 11:43 PM
not shocking. The teams around the NFL have ALOT more $$ to spend due to the new CBA, and the salary numbers for franchise tags haven't caught up to what the new market will bear.

I'd expect to see alot more franchise tags this year than we have in the last few years.

Buck
02-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Shitty **** A Damn x 2

Amnorix
02-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Shitty **** A Damn x 2

Personally, I was hoping to franchise/sign Samuel and get Briggs in FA to rejuvenate our LB corp. He said he didn't want to play in a 3-4, so probably it was never going to happen anyway.

The Bears franching Briggs just drove up Adaleus Thomas' price.

Buck
02-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Personally, I was hoping to franchise/sign Samuel and get Briggs in FA to rejuvenate our LB corp. He said he didn't want to play in a 3-4, so probably it was never going to happen anyway.

The Bears franching Briggs just drove up Adaleus Thomas' price.

Yeah, but the way things are going we are going to hear about him getting franchised too. I didn't know the Chiefs ran a 3-4...

Reaper16
02-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah, but the way things are going we are going to hear about him getting franchised too. I didn't know the Chiefs ran a 3-4...
Amnorix is a Pats fan.

Buck
02-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Amnorix is a Pats fan.

That explains it. You mother ****er amnorix.

BucEyedPea
02-17-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm a Pat's fan too.
I just hope this doesn't come back to haunt the Pats like it did AV.
Since Samuel already starting whining during the po's.

Skip Towne
02-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Did this piss Samuel off?

BucEyedPea
02-17-2007, 08:26 AM
I haven't heard.

Bill Parcells
02-17-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm a Pat's fan too.
I just hope this doesn't come back to haunt the Pats like it did AV.
Since Samuel already starting whining during the po's.
I would like to see Daniel Graham in green..franchising Samuel helps.

Poor mumbles..he also lost his receivers coach to the Jets. :D

BucEyedPea
02-17-2007, 04:13 PM

You vultures. Thought you woulda gone after Asante and Graham. Maybe they did that so you gangrenes won't get him.

Vultures! I tell ya' vultures! :p

BucEyedPea
02-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Wait you got your screen name back?
Are you having an identity crisis, bill parcells?
Rumor, has it you're entertaining the idea of comin' to Tampa to coach.

Bill Parcells
02-17-2007, 07:45 PM
You vultures. Thought you woulda gone after Asante and Graham. Maybe they did that so you gangrenes won't get him.

Vultures! I tell ya' vultures! :p
Funny..mumbles raided the Jets coaching staff and player personnel people (Pioli) in the spring of 2000...so what's good for the goose(mumbles) is good for the gander(Mangini).

Wait you got your screen name back?
Are you having an identity crisis, bill parcells?
Rumor, has it you're entertaining the idea of comin' to Tampa to coach.
No..I got sick of explaining who I was, and why I changed my user name to hundreds of posters :eek:(well,it seemed like hundreds) :p

BucEyedPea
02-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Funny..mumbles raided the Jets coaching staff and player personnel people (Pioli) in the spring of 2000...so what's good for the goose(mumbles) is good for the gander(Mangini).
That was before my time sire!
So I wouldn't know.

No..I got sick of explaining who I was, and why I changed my user name to hundreds of posters :eek:(well,it seemed like hundreds) :p

I like you better as bill parcells anyway.

Now what's up with the new avy? ROFL Is that your off-season sport?

Bill Parcells
02-17-2007, 08:57 PM
I like you better as bill parcells anyway.

Now what's up with the new avy? ROFL Is that your off-season sport?
It's not my avatar,it's actually the little custom comment thing under your user name (a Chiefsplanet exclusive)..I couldn't think of anything to put in there,so I did that.. ;)

Whats up with the :eek: Newt Gingrich Avy?

Amnorix
02-17-2007, 09:45 PM
That explains it. You mother ****er amnorix.

ROFLROFLROFL

Amnorix
02-17-2007, 09:48 PM

:shrug: Compared to past years, losing one non-coordinator coach is no big deal. And Mangina lost his DBs coach to ND, so I'm not too worked up about it. Movement of coaches is part of the deal.

We'll see how the Jests do with a real schedule and not being able to surprise anyone this year. We'll also see if Penny can stay healthy for an unprecedented second year in a row.

Amnorix
02-17-2007, 09:50 PM

errr...Belichick "found" Pioli and brought him with him nearly everyplace he went. To say that Belichick stole Pioli is pretty silly.

Bill Parcells
02-17-2007, 10:19 PM
:shrug: Compared to past years, losing one non-coordinator coach is no big deal. And Mangina lost his DBs coach to ND, so I'm not too worked up about it. Movement of coaches is part of the deal.

We'll see how the Jests do with a real schedule and not being able to surprise anyone this year. We'll also see if Penny can stay healthy for an unprecedented second year in a row.
Well..supposedly the ''non-coordinator'' in question was getting a lot of praise for the Patriots passing game..considering they have no good receivers(you do say that all the time ;) )

The Jets were supposed to be horrible last year in 2006..another good draft along with some added free agents should make them better..and I think Clemens will beat out Noodle arm in training camp..

Bill Parcells
02-17-2007, 10:22 PM
errr...Belichick "found" Pioli and brought him with him nearly everyplace he went. To say that Belichick stole Pioli is pretty silly.
Now Now..lets not get defensive about what mumbles history is..Mangini is doing nothing different than mumbles when he takes an assistant or two..or maybe 3..who knows.

RedThat
02-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Smart move by New England.

Next to Bailey, I think Samuel is one of the best CB's in the game. jmo