PDA

View Full Version : Raiders want a 2nd for Moss

oaklandhater
02-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Pack not talking about Moss deal amongst selves?
Randy Moss - WR - OAK - Feb. 16 - 8:47 am et
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports the Packers' organization has had "almost no internal discussion" about trading for Randy Moss.
Considering Oakland will save $7.7 million to get rid of him and has, on paper, a solid top three in Doug Gabriel, Ronald Curry, and Jerry Porter, it's not far fetched that Moss will end up being released. But the Journal-Sentinel believes the Raiders may hold out for a second-round pick. Feb. 16 - 8:47 am et
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1655&line=89471&spln=1

Chief Roundup
02-17-2007, 01:06 PM
No thanks on Moss for me.

Easy 6
02-17-2007, 01:12 PM
If not the Pack, then someone else will be stupid enough to do it.

"I didnt expect to be doing this much blocking"

"I play when i want to"

morphius
They think he is worth a second? Well, he only plays on offense, so that is about half the plays he isn't in on, so that should lower that to a 4th. Then he takes at least half the plays off, so that should make him a 6th, and the team wants to dump him, so that should make him worth about a 7th.

Dr. Facebook Fever
Moss is a complete waste of money, space and air.

oaklandhater
02-17-2007, 01:13 PM
looks like the raiders also might want to trade Porter.

http://nfl.com/news/story/9988414

I would give a 4th for porter.

oaklandhater
02-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Porter, the other Raiders receiver, presents a different set of problems. He's scheduled to make $1 million in salary in 2007, which is appealing to a number of teams. But his potential accelerations add up to $4.3 million and that means if the Raiders trade him, they will actually take a salary-cap hit of $3.3 million

crazycoffey
02-17-2007, 01:14 PM
porter will probably go too

crazycoffey
02-17-2007, 01:15 PM
how about a third for porter?

oaklandhater
02-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Any one feel sorry for Jamarcus russell poor bastards Career will be over if the Raiders draft him.

the Talking Can
02-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Moss is a cancer.

88TG88
02-17-2007, 01:23 PM
pass

morphius
02-17-2007, 01:24 PM
how about a third for porter?
I understand the Raiders were horrible, and that the coaches pissed off the players, but damn, that guy just quit on his team because he wasn't happy. I really don't want him on the Chiefs team, I think we could have enough issues with players questioning the offense already.

crazycoffey
02-17-2007, 01:30 PM
I understand the Raiders were horrible, and that the coaches pissed off the players, but damn, that guy just quit on his team because he wasn't happy. I really don't want him on the Chiefs team, I think we could have enough issues with players questioning the offense already.

I know he quit this year, but we don't know the whole story. He could have been asking for things a while ago and been promised the organization would do things for him and not follow through.

He has talent, he didnt' over hype the media about his unhappiness, ie TO or even Moss. That earns some creditibilty to me. Depends how he interviews, where he comes from then (which we will not know) then I'm not against giving him a chance. Worked for Eddie, he was supposed to be trouble too.

morphius
02-17-2007, 01:34 PM
I know he quit this year, but we don't know the whole story. He could have been asking for things a while ago and been promised the organization would do things for him and not follow through.

He has talent, he didnt' over hype the media about his unhappiness, ie TO or even Moss. That earns some creditibilty to me. Depends how he interviews, where he comes from then (which we will not know) then I'm not against giving him a chance. Worked for Eddie, he was supposed to be trouble too.
he did talk to the media, it is just the Raiders suck and he was never considered one of the best WR's to ever play the game.

oaklandhater
02-17-2007, 01:37 PM
he did talk to the media, it is just the Raiders suck and he was never considered one of the best WR's to ever play the game.

Yeah he was whining about the raiders every other week on the Radio in the Bay area.

crazycoffey
02-17-2007, 01:41 PM

I only saw one interview with him, he was just saying he was injured, that was why he didn't play. He admitted to not being happy but acted like there was alot more he wanted to say and didn't.

If there was another interview before or after, or local news in CA that said "my source close to the WR" than I didn't catch those.

My opinion is just that he has the potential to be as good as any WR and not as distruptive as several.

But I DO understand where you are coming from.

Easy 6
02-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Theres a chance that Porter could get his head right & turn it around, Oakland probably has a way of killing a guys spirit.

My issue with him is that he's going into his 8th year & may be no more than a possession receiver at this point, i want a greasy fast play-maker.

crazycoffey
02-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Theres a chance that Porter could get his head right & turn it around, Oakland probably has a way of killing a guys spirit.

My issue with him is that he's going into his 8th year & may be no more than a possession receiver at this point, i want a greasy fast play-maker.

I thought he was fast? But I am not a porter expert or anything.

Easy 6
02-17-2007, 02:18 PM
I thought he was fast? But I am not a porter expert or anything.

He was, i'm just not sure if he is anymore in his 8th season.

bringbackmarty
02-17-2007, 03:09 PM
I would trade #18, and #87 for Porter and moss straight up, Oh, and throw #82 in there for their third.
Otherwise ****it.

ChiefFripp
02-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Moss is old news. He will never be dominant again.

J Diddy
02-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Moss is old news. He will never be dominant again.

I disagree, he's the type of guy who needs a chip on his shoulder to perform.

I bet he gets released and gets a fa deal thats incentive loaded and lights it up.

CHIEF4EVER
02-17-2007, 04:27 PM
I would snap up Porter for a third rounder in a New York Minute.

J Diddy
02-17-2007, 04:28 PM
I would snap up Porter for a third rounder in a New York Minute.

me too, but they won't trade him within our division

el borracho
02-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Moss to the Broncos, Porter stays with the Raidurrs, Chiefs draft someone we have never heard of and dumb down the adjustments and timing of our offense.

crazycoffey
02-17-2007, 04:30 PM
me too, but they won't trade him within our division

did I understand that article correct, that it will cost the raiders a bigger hit to trade porter, they may just let him sit and rot, or cut him before they trade him to anyone, let alone an AFC West opponent.

J Diddy
02-17-2007, 04:32 PM
did I understand that article correct, that it will cost the raiders a bigger hit to trade porter, they may just let him sit and rot, or cut him before they trade him to anyone, let alone an AFC West opponent.

yeah al davis isn't above paying someone just to sit on the bench

They will put the marcus allen on jerry porter

B_Ambuehl
02-17-2007, 05:23 PM
He only said what was true....in that nobody else in the organization was serious about winning so he was just enjoying life and not worrying about it. If you're serious about winning you don't hire a guy who's been out of the NFL for 20 years to come in and run your offense

KCChiefsFan88
02-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Moss is a complete waste of money, space and air.

That still qualifies him as being a significant upgrade over Samie Parker

jAZ
02-17-2007, 05:50 PM
If Herm thought he could work with him (and it seems like he might be able to) I'd take Moss, no problem.

PinkFloyd
02-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Carl will sign one of the two... Or both... Just watch...

gblowfish
02-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Sure, let's trade em Billy Bartee.
He's a second rounder.

Bowser
02-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Again, the Raiders would never trade anyone worth a shit to a division rival. No team in the NFL is going to trade any player with any type of talent to a division rival, for that matter.

But just for the spirit of the thread, I would take Porter over Moss in an instant. If nothing else, he would play like an All-Pro for at least two games a year. Moss seems destined to go to Green Bay. His chance to go against Minny twice a year, and be the deep threat for Favre's last hurrah.

But like I said, the Chiefs will never even sniff the opportunity to get either of these guys on the roster.