PDA

View Full Version : CBB fans...anyone else watching Florida-Vandy?

DJay23
02-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Vandy playing over their heads on D. Florida getting frustrated. The crowd is really into it. The Vany coach just picked up a loose ball turnover and Noah tryed to take it from him. Vandy coach slapped Noah's hand away and Noah jerked the ball from him. Refs had to intervene. Funny little sequence. I like the spunk Vandy is showing.

Oh by the way it's 43-33 Vandy 15:57 to go.

DJay23
02-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Only a few left. Vandy up 15. Great effort by the Commodores. I would say it is in combination with a bad day by the Gators, but I think a lot of it was forced. 19 turnovers by the Defending Champs, a lot of it due to excellent defense.

Miles
02-17-2007, 02:01 PM
I thought the ball incident with the Vandy coach was was a dick move on the coaches part. Otherwise a very well played game by Vandy.

Silock
02-17-2007, 02:08 PM
That was a great effort defensively by Vandy.

DJay23
02-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I thought the ball incident with the Vandy coach was was a dick move on the coaches part. Otherwise a very well played game by Vandy.
Why? He was holding the ball, he can hand it to the ref. Why does Noah have to come take it from him? The ref has to check the ball anyway.

DaKCMan AP
02-17-2007, 02:19 PM
I just got home from a conference this morning and didn't get to watch the game. Sounds like we played carelessly and shot poorly combined with Vandy playing good ball. I'm not surprised with Vandy, they have a good team. They were up on us by 11 at half when they played here earlier in the season.

Oh well...it would have been nice to set a team record for consecutive wins, but I'll take a loss now if we can start a new win streak that continues through the end of March :)

Miles
02-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Why? He was holding the ball, he can hand it to the ref. Why does Noah have to come take it from him? The ref has to check the ball anyway.

It was just unnecessary and unusual for the coach to not just toss Noah the ball.

DJay23
02-17-2007, 02:30 PM
I just got home from a conference this morning and didn't get to watch the game. Sounds like we played carelessly and shot poorly combined with Vandy playing good ball. I'm not surprised with Vandy, they have a good team. They were up on us by 11 at half when they played here earlier in the season.

Oh well...it would have been nice to set a team record for consecutive wins, but I'll take a loss now if we can start a new win streak that continues through the end of March :)
I only watched the second half, but Vandy was doing a lot to smother Horford and especially Noah down low. The guards were running all over the place and played great, tight D. I think A lot of Florida's turnovers were a result of Vandy's pressure, but later on, the Gators got disoriented in their own offense and made silly mistakes. Vandy really played an inspired game and took Florida out of their game. Impressive win.

DJay23
02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
It was just unnecessary and unusual for the coach to not just toss Noah the ball.
Gamesmanship.

Buck
02-17-2007, 02:37 PM
I hate when you are on the bad end of a 13-0 Run....Make that 15-0 Run.

Saulbadguy
02-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Missouri is going to beat OSU in Stoolwater.

Ultra Peanut
02-17-2007, 03:58 PM
No.

Buck
02-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Sometimes College Basketball makes me want to punch myself in the face.