PDA

View Full Version : A price increase that works

Hydrae
02-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Rams | Update on ticket price increase
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:35:12 -0800

Steve Korte, of the Belleville News-Democrat, reports the St. Louis Rams have increased their ticket prices for the 2007 season. Tickets in the upper portion of the upper deck have dropped from $44 to $35. However, the cost of lower deck seats from the 20-yard line to the goal has gone from $75 to $88. Lower deck seats between the 20-yard lines have increased from $91 to $100.

I like this, it lowers the price for those who probably struggle to afford to go to the game while increasing it for the more fortunate. Seems like a decent compromise.

SLAG
02-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Anyone that pays $91-$100 To see the Rams Play needs to come see me...

Ive got a bridge id like to sell them

ChiefsCountry
02-17-2007, 07:10 PM
I can actually see the Chiefs doing this when the stadium renovations are done.

milkman
02-17-2007, 07:12 PM

LMAO

StcChief
02-17-2007, 07:50 PM
They can pull it off in the dome. That Corp/ Wine-Cheese crowd will pay it.

Simply Red
02-17-2007, 07:55 PM
yeah, typically people who can rub two nickels together won't worry about 9-dollars.

BWillie
02-17-2007, 08:12 PM
I like it, it's like the tax system. Progressive price increases for preferential seating shoudl be the same way.

Simply Red
02-17-2007, 08:18 PM
I like it, it's like the tax system. Progressive price increases for preferential seating shoudl be the same way.

oh so they pay more because they've earned more?

Valiant
02-17-2007, 09:19 PM

Thats retarded...

pr_capone
02-17-2007, 09:32 PM
oh so they pay more because they've earned more?

No... thats not how it works at all.

The closer you want to sit to the field, the more you have to pay. BUT, at the same time make it easier for those less fortunate to watch the game live.

They could simply have raised prices all around!

A wealthy person will not be barred from sitting in the upper deck just as a poor person will not be kept from sitting at field level if they want to pay the price for it.

Simply Red
02-17-2007, 10:06 PM

The closer you want to sit to the field, the more you have to pay. BUT, at the same time make it easier for those less fortunate to watch the game live.

A wealthy person will not be barred from sitting in the upper deck just as a poor person will not be kept from sitting at field level if they want to pay the price for it.

I just don't agree with your attempt at a point.

Bob Dole
02-17-2007, 11:27 PM

It would be extra cool if they installed escalators to get people up there, too.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
02-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Anyone that pays $91-$100 To see the Rams Play needs to come see me...

Ive got a bridge id like to sell them

hmmmmm.....I think they've mixed in a Super Bowl since 1970.....at least that would spark some hope....

SLAG
02-18-2007, 07:54 AM
hmmmmm.....I think they've mixed in a Super Bowl since 1970.....at least that would spark some hope....
a 1999 Superbowl Justifies Ticket price Increases???

I guess Carl Has been doing it to us for years anyway

still dont think the rams are worth used tobacco in a spitoon

milkman
02-18-2007, 07:54 AM
It would be extra cool if they installed escalators to get people up there, too.

I wonder how much they'd charge to use those escalators?

SLAG
02-18-2007, 07:57 AM
I wonder how much they'd charge to use those escalators?
$4.95 One Way

Simply Red
02-18-2007, 08:04 AM

In fact: You're just downright ignorant.

Guru
02-18-2007, 08:46 AM

Slag would like to speak with you regarding the purchase of a bridge.

stevieray
02-18-2007, 09:02 AM

"you kids get off my lawn"

RNR
02-18-2007, 09:11 AM
In fact: You're just downright ignorant.
Dang red what was so wrong about his post? NFL games are getting to the point where joe sixpack has a hard time shelling out the money for a afternoon of entertainment. By keeping cheap seats a regular guy has a shot at enjoying a game. I don't see it as a attack on the rich. It is a simple case of the better seats you want the more you pay.

Simply Red
02-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Dang red what was so wrong about his post? NFL games are getting to the point where joe sixpack has a hard time shelling out the money for a afternoon of entertainment. By keeping cheap seats a regular guy has a shot at enjoying a game. I don't see it as a attack on the rich. It is a simple case of the better seats you want the more you pay.

I personally don't frivolously neg. rep. people, in fact; I've tagged PR_C with some pos. rep. as I recall.

I just didn't understand the negativity...

RNR
02-18-2007, 10:20 AM
I personally don't frivolously neg. rep. people, in fact; I've tagged PR_C with some pos. rep. as I recall.

I just didn't understand the negativity...
Oh I missed something! I am not much on the rep thing, I have never given neg rep to anyone. The only reason I asked is you have always seemed pretty cool and level headed. I just wondered what the case of ass was about...carry on :)

OnTheWarpath58
02-18-2007, 11:06 AM
A couple of thoughts:

The price decrease only applies to about 1000 seats, the seats that are usually empty on gameday. (last 5 rows of upper deck EZ)

The Rams had a sweet deal when they moved here, but are now among the lowest revenue generating teams. Why? 2/3 of the league has either built a new stadium or renovated the one they have in the past 10 years.

Rams fans are still getting off light. For what I spend at Arrowhead to sit in the upper deck EZ, I could sit anywhere to watch the Rams except field level between the 20's........