PDA

View Full Version : The best chili known to man/woman

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 03:35 AM
I am currently eating the best chili ever made...period. Recipe follows:

Ingredients - 2 lbs Ground Beef, 1 Onion, 6 cloves fresh garlic, 1 bell pepper, 3 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp cumin, 2 cans kidney beans, 43 oz diced or pressed tomatoes (canned), 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa. Jalapenos to taste.

Brown 2 lbs ground beef. When beef is browned, add onions and garlic. Cook 5-10 minutes longer. Add all remaining ingredients. Simmer for 2 hours. Enjoy.

luv
02-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Halve the beans, and it sounds really good.

pr_capone
02-18-2007, 03:39 AM

Ingredients - 2 lbs Ground Beef, 1 Onion, 6 cloves fresh garlic, 1 bell pepper, 3 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp cumin, 2 cans kidney beans, 43 oz diced or pressed tomatoes (canned), 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa.

Brown 2 lbs ground beef. When beef is browned, add onions and garlic. Cook 5-10 minutes longer. Add all remaining ingredients. Simmer for 2 hours. Enjoy.

I'll be making this next weekend. Thanks for the recipe!

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 03:42 AM
I'll be making this next weekend. Thanks for the recipe!

Oh, by the way, I add 24 slices of pickled jalapenos. Not required but awesome.

luv
02-18-2007, 03:42 AM
I'd add some bacon.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 03:43 AM
I'd add some bacon.

Sounds good but I dont eat pork.

pr_capone
02-18-2007, 03:46 AM

Yeah... I'll pass. Dont like jalapanoes.

I'd add some bacon.

THAT I might do. :D

Buck
02-18-2007, 03:52 AM

Ingredients - 2 lbs Ground Beef, 1 Onion, 6 cloves fresh garlic, 1 bell pepper, 3 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp cumin, 2 cans kidney beans, 43 oz diced or pressed tomatoes (canned), 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa, 1 container of PEAK Antifreeze.

FYP

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 03:57 AM
FYP

Only a Californian who just lost the Head Coach for their lame ass, 1 and out, 14-2 so called football team would fix the post of a chili afficionado.

luv
02-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Only a Californian who just lost the Head Coach for their lame ass, 1 and out, 14-2 so called football team would fix the post of a chili afficionado.
Pay no attention. I doubt he cooks anything from scratch.

Buck
02-18-2007, 03:58 AM

Damn I was just joking, 9-7.

Buck
02-18-2007, 03:59 AM

Not true, I just made myself a sandwich using a bagel, a frozen chicken patty, some shredded cheese, some Ketchup, and some Tabasco sauce.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 04:04 AM

Do you like Philly Cheese Steaks? I like em with 1/8" sliced round or flank steak, Provolone cheese and cooked onions.

Buck
02-18-2007, 04:04 AM
Do you like Philly Cheese Steaks? I like em with 1/8" sliced round or flank steak, Provolone cheese and cooked onions.

That sounds good, are you a chef?

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 04:05 AM
Damn I was just joking, 9-7.

Nice. LMAO

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 04:06 AM
That sounds good, are you a chef?

Nah, just picked up good eats recipes here and there.

Buck
02-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Nah, just picked up good eats recipes here and there.

Cool. How the hell does everyone know I am the Charger Fan? I must be Famous in the KS/MO area.

EDIT: I just realized I have :hail::bolts: in my sig.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 04:10 AM
Cool. How the hell does everyone know I am the Charger Fan? I must be Famous in the KS/MO area.

EDIT: I just realized I have :hail::bolts: in my sig.

The Kaeding thing does kinda give it away too. Even us hicks know who Kaeding kicks for. :p

Buck
02-18-2007, 04:11 AM
The Kaeding thing does kinda give it away too. Even us hicks know who Kaeding kicks for. :p

Oh yeah...derrrrrrrr...

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 04:15 AM
Oh yeah...derrrrrrrr...

It's all good dude. LMAO Funny though.

luv
02-18-2007, 04:17 AM
I actually haven't been eating a lot of red meat lately. Mainly pasta and seafood. Tomorrow, I'm baking some chicken breats in Cream of mushroom soup amd topping it with a romano/parmesan cheese blend.

I love Philly Cheese Steaks, though. I haven't had one in forever.

Buck
02-18-2007, 04:19 AM
Im a bit high right now...And Im about to watch Luke Kill Darth Vader.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 04:22 AM
I actually haven't been eating a lot of red meat lately. Mainly pasta and seafood. Tomorrow, I'm baking some chicken breats in Cream of mushroom soup amd topping it with a romano/parmesan cheese blend.

Dang. What you're making sounds good. I'll have to try making it. See how it turns out. I generally make my Philly steaks with browned 1/8" Round or flank steak meat, simmered onions, and melted Provolone cheese in a Hoagie bun.

Buck
02-18-2007, 04:24 AM
Shit, Im only watching Episode V, guess I dont get to see Darth Vader get killed.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 04:24 AM
Im a bit high right now...And Im about to watch Luke Kill Darth Vader.
GO LUKE! WHOOP THAT DARTH VADER AZZ!

luv
02-18-2007, 04:26 AM
Dang. What you're making sounds good. I'll have to try making it. See how it turns out. I generally make my Philly steaks with browned 1/8" Round or flank steak meat, simmered onions, and melted Provolone cheese in a Hoagie bun.
My mom used to cook pork steaks like that. She would sear each side, and then bake them in cream of mushroom soup. While I love bacon, I'm not otherwise big on pork. I thought I would try it with chisken instead. I love to cook. Been trying to eat out less and cook healthier. Any low cal recipes would be greatly appreciated.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 04:46 AM
My mom used to cook pork steaks like that. She would sear each side, and then bake them in cream of mushroom soup. While I love bacon, I'm not otherwise big on pork. I thought I would try it with chisken instead. I love to cook. Been trying to eat out less and cook healthier. Any low cal recipes would be greatly appreciated.

I like Hummus. Chick peas mashed and mixed in a blender with garlic, lemon juice, and tahini (ground sesame seeds). Eat it in a pita.

Chief Chief
02-18-2007, 05:14 AM
Bet it's so good that it erupts from both ends!

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Leave out the onion and those chunk tomatoes and we'll be talkin...

Phobia
02-18-2007, 07:38 AM
It sounds good but it's not actually chili.

mcan
02-18-2007, 08:01 AM
oh you guys... If you're going to do something, you might as well do it right.

The best chili you can possibly make (my own recipie)

-2-3 lbs ground beef
-2-3 lbs ground sausage

Brown all the meat. Use whatever spices you like on the meat while it's cooking. While you're doing that.

-1 (largest you can find) jug of V8

Poor it into a giant pot (really make sure the pot you use is VERY large) and start the heat. You want that V8 to be pretty hot when the meet goes in.

-Cut up one onion. Put em in the pot.
-Dice up some Jalapenos. Put em in the pot.

Once the V8 is hot, grab one of the BIG ASS cans of refried beans (spicy if you like it) and scoop/dump it into the pot. This is what makes the chili GREAT. The refried beans actually disintigrate into the V8 providing an almost CHILI-GRAVY that is tomatoish and thick! It's the best thing ever. The more you use, the thicker/better the chili is.

Once that meat is browned add chili powder, pepper and oregano to taste... Drain that fat, and dump the meat into the pot. You've NEVER had chili this good, thick and meaty in your LIFE!

For my own part, I like to put some shredded chedder cheeze and a handfull of Fritos into my bowl of chili. Just takes a great meal and makes it... Well... Let's just say that if I were going to the electric chair today, I know what I'll be eating tonight. :)

Phobia
02-18-2007, 08:02 AM
What you guys are describing is beef and bean stew. It's not chili.

mcan
02-18-2007, 08:07 AM

Most of the hardcore "chili" guys would FLIP out if you put kidney beans in it. Just like Chicago style hotdogs aren't supposed to have ketchup on them.

Delano
02-18-2007, 08:09 AM

Got any good chilli recipes that you can simmer in a crockpot all day?

boogblaster
02-18-2007, 09:13 AM
2lbs. ground beef 1lb. chunk beef 2 cans of tomatoes 1 onion diced 2 cans chili beans if u like them 4 pks of chili seasoning 1 Tsp of garlic 1 Tsp pepper salt to taste hot sause to taste brown meat drain fat put all into crock-pot on low maybe add 1 cup of water let simmer all day finish off with sharp cheese at end stur into chili adds texture to the chili ...

Phobia
02-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Got any good chilli recipes that you can simmer in a crockpot all day?

I wish I could share my chili recipe. But it belongs to my FIL and I had to marry his daughter before I even had the privelage. It's the only recipe from somebody else that I follow. You can't improve upon perfection.

I will tell you that it's a 2 day process that involves plenty of onions, peppers, and chunk meat - not ground. When the meat is done it will pull apart into strands. Throwing the pot in the smoker adds a nice flavor as well, although it's not entirely necessary. A good chili is fairly dry. You don't need crackers except for scooping.

Chili was originally designed to kill the flavor of rancid meat. When we have left-over steak or any other kind of meat I'll throw it in the freezer. Then when I have enough for a pot of chili, I'll do it. Even freezer burnt meat works well. You don't need a fresh, pristine cut of beef to do a quality chili.

Baby Lee
02-18-2007, 09:46 AM
oh you guys... If you're going to do something, you might as well do it right.

The best chili you can possibly make (my own recipie)

-2-3 lbs ground beef
-2-3 lbs ground sausage

Brown all the meat. Use whatever spices you like on the meat while it's cooking. While you're doing that.

-1 (largest you can find) jug of V8

Poor it into a giant pot (really make sure the pot you use is VERY large) and start the heat. You want that V8 to be pretty hot when the meet goes in.

-Cut up one onion. Put em in the pot.
-Dice up some Jalapenos. Put em in the pot.

Once the V8 is hot, grab one of the BIG ASS cans of refried beans (spicy if you like it) and scoop/dump it into the pot. This is what makes the chili GREAT. The refried beans actually disintigrate into the V8 providing an almost CHILI-GRAVY that is tomatoish and thick! It's the best thing ever. The more you use, the thicker/better the chili is.

Once that meat is browned add chili powder, pepper and oregano to taste... Drain that fat, and dump the meat into the pot. You've NEVER had chili this good, thick and meaty in your LIFE!

For my own part, I like to put some shredded chedder cheeze and a handfull of Fritos into my bowl of chili. Just takes a great meal and makes it... Well... Let's just say that if I were going to the electric chair today, I know what I'll be eating tonight. :)
wear am I supposed to poor my meet?

Nzoner
02-18-2007, 10:04 AM

Well then I'm in the process right now of making some of the best beef and bean stew known to man or woman.The mrs has 27 red...er folks coming over for a Daytona party,lord help me make it through this day.

crazycoffey
02-18-2007, 10:18 AM

Ingredients - 2 lbs Ground Beef, 1 Onion, 6 cloves fresh garlic, 1 bell pepper, 3 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp cumin, 2 cans kidney beans, 43 oz diced or pressed tomatoes (canned), 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa.

Sounds good, maybe take one can of beans out and add a can or two of tomato paste.

also, I know you said you don't eat pork, but what kind of ground beef are you using, chuck, round or sirloin? I go 1 llb of sirloin, 1/2 pound sausage (pork) make it round or chuck since you don't like pork, or even deer sausage if you want. And 1/2 pound ground veal. Mix that all up and then brown it and continue with your recipe. Maybe some chilli powder too.

That's my 2 cents. I wouldn't have not eaten your recipe, it sounded good too, but a little stewie, as someone pointed out.

Fire Me Boy!
02-18-2007, 10:35 AM
This is one o the best I've ever had... good shit.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_18269,00.html

crazycoffey
02-18-2007, 10:39 AM
This is one o the best I've ever had... good shit.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_18269,00.html

this does sound good, except Celery in Chille = Metro sexual.

PinkFloyd
02-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Halve the beans, and it sounds really good.

And double the onions !!

cdcox
02-18-2007, 12:00 PM

I don't know how you even taste the spices when you are adding them by the teaspoon. I don't measure my ingredients, but for 2 lbs of beef I probably add 3 or 4 times that much chilli powder and cummin, plus cayenne pepper, black pepper, jalapenos and maybe some tobassco sauce. I like chilli that makes you sweat a bit, but I have to back off just a tad from that level so that the wife and daughter will eat it.

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Only a Californian who just lost the Head Coach for their lame ass, 1 and out, 14-2 so called football team would fix the post of a chili afficionado.you use chili powder and bell peppers? Chili powder is a short cut for ametuers. Use real peppers to get the right flavor and it won't taste canned. Bell Peppers? What is next, celery and mushrooms? Try equal parts hamburger, Italian sausage, and flank steak. Mix in some bacon for flavor and texture. Throw in Jalapenos, cayenne, poblanos, serranos, and a couple of habeneros and you might have something chili afficionado.

Delano
02-18-2007, 12:18 PM
you use chili powder and bell peppers? Chili powder is a short cut for ametuers. Use real peppers to get the right flavor and it won't taste canned. Bell Peppers? What is next, celery and mushrooms? Try equal parts hamburger, Italian sausage, and flank steak. Mix in some bacon for flavor and texture. Throw in Jalapenos, cayenne, poblanos, serranos, and a couple of habeneros and you might have something chili afficionado.

Just meat and peppers sounds more like something you would put on a tortilla. Don't you put any sauce or spice in there?

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Just meat and peppers sounds more like something you would put on a tortilla. Don't you put any sauce or spice in there?that was not a recipe, just a few ideas for the metrosexual thread originator. He has a soccer player as his avatar and he knows chili.

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 12:30 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/vb_bullet.gif vBulletin Message Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list. damn it!!!!

FDS
02-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Hot peppers are great. Who ever puts plain green peppers in chili needs shot.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Delano
02-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Hot peppers are great. Who ever puts plain green peppers in chili needs shot.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

I think Bell Peppers (especially when they turn red) add great texture and some sweetness to chilli.

FDS
02-18-2007, 12:50 PM
cooked green peppers :Lin:

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Bill Parcells
02-18-2007, 12:52 PM

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ
You've never had roasted peppers in olive oil?

PBJ bill parcells PBJ

Delano
02-18-2007, 12:54 PM

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

To each his own I guess. I am not quite sure why people aren't putting their recipes in this thread instead of slamming other peoples'.

I am getting tired of the two-alarm chilli mix from wal mart with some roast chuck, onions, black beans, tomato paste, rotel tomato and chilli, and the whole gamut of fresh peppers.

Delano
02-18-2007, 12:55 PM
You've never had roasted peppers in olive oil?

PBJ bill parcells PBJ

I always have a jar of sun-roasted red bell peppers in olive oil in my fridge. Those things are great on a whole range of dishes.

FDS
02-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Brown meat of choice with a little onion, spices, add beans. Drain off liquid and grease, there is little to no juice. Just meat, spices and beans. That's my kind of chili. Simple.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Groves
02-18-2007, 01:19 PM
What's the difference between chili and beef & bean stew? I'm all ears.

luv
02-18-2007, 01:20 PM
I know that true chili doesn't have beans.

ExtremeChief
02-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Mine:

2lbs burger
1 chopped onion
salt, pepper, season salt

brown

add flour to beef mixture until thick

add 2 cans chili beans
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cans water
1 can rotel
various amounts of chili powder, black pepper, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper ( I have no idea, I just keep tasting it until it's right)
2 tbsp sugar (helps blend tastes)

bring to boil, then simmer approx 2 hours

eat it with shredded cheese and fritos

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 01:27 PM
that was not a recipe, just a few ideas for the metrosexual thread originator. He has a soccer player as his avatar and he knows chili.

You keep mentioning metrosexuals. I suppose you are an expert on them because you are quite obviously the biggest one on the planet. Eat a dick.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-18-2007, 01:28 PM
I am not quite sure why people aren't putting their recipes in this thread instead of slamming other peoples'.

You're new here aren't you...

Bill Lundberg
02-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Well you've all inspired me. I'm about to delve into a bowl right now. I used a combination of C4E and Mcan's recipes...

BucEyedPea
02-18-2007, 01:33 PM
I noticed you mid-western'rs eat a lot of chili.
I NEVER eat it, just not my thing.
I have to say the recipe of the thread originator sounds good...especially with the chocolate in it. Gonna make that today.
Don't know about rancid meat though...but that was an interesting tidbit.
I wonder if Phobia is related to Martha Stewart. She says things like that.

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 01:33 PM
You keep mentioning metrosexuals. I suppose you are an expert on them because you are quite obviously the biggest one on the planet. Eat a dick.hey all, the metrosexual wants to watch a man perform fellatio on another man. And he thinks i am the queen. go have another bell pepper sweetie.

RJ
02-18-2007, 01:38 PM
It sounds good but it's not actually chili.

Exactly. But it's still probably good.

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 01:40 PM
You keep mentioning metrosexuals. I suppose you are an expert on them because you are quite obviously the biggest one on the planet. Eat a dick.it is kind of difficult to not imagine you saying that with a lisp soccer boy. I also noticed that you like hummus. Boy George thought that was effeminate. By the way "i know you are what am i" is a juvenile response and kinda gay.

luv
02-18-2007, 01:43 PM
it is kind of difficult to not imagine you saying that with a lisp soccer boy. I also noticed that you like hummus. Boy George thought that was effeminate.
People who post on a thread only to bash the thread starter are really annoying.

RJ
02-18-2007, 01:45 PM

Here are a couple of examples of chili recipes. The primary ingredients in chili are meat and chili.

http://www.texascooking.com/recipes/brazoschili.htm

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 01:46 PM
People who post on a thread only to bash the thread starter are really annoying.i just thought he was missing the point. i posted my opinion and then he hit me with his purse.

luv
02-18-2007, 01:46 PM
i just thought he was missing the point. i posted my opinion and then he hit me with his purse.
What do you think about chili? That would be what the thread is about.

Stewie
02-18-2007, 01:52 PM
I know that true chili doesn't have beans.

I've eaten "true" chili. It's good, but I think of chili as a kind of "catch all" dish. In fact, I prefer chili mac. I know it's a bastardization, but damn it's good.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 01:54 PM
it is kind of difficult to not imagine you saying that with a lisp soccer boy. I also noticed that you like hummus. Boy George thought that was effeminate. By the way "i know you are what am i" is a juvenile response and kinda gay.

Eat shit pussy. One of these days you will get the opportunity to tell me how gay I am to my face. Try not to piss your panties when you do.

luv
02-18-2007, 01:55 PM
I've eaten "true" chili. It's good, but I think of chili as a kind of "catch all" dish. In fact, I prefer chili mac. I know it's a bastardization, but damn it's good.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne#Origins_and_history

Origins and history

Cowboy dishing up chili at noonday dinner. Cattle ranch near Marfa, TexasMany argue that chili was invented in Mexico during the 1840s, as a replacement for pemmican; others place its origin in Tijuana, Baja California, or Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico.

The Mexican origin theory holds that it was created as a complimentary dish served at cantinas, especially to please outsiders, who wanted something spicy and "Mexican" to eat, but also free or cheap. It was made with leftovers from the meals prepared in the cantina and served for free to drinking customers.

The Americanized recipe consisted of dried beef, suet, dried chili peppers (usually chilipiquenes), and salt, which were pounded together and left to dry into bricks, which could then be boiled in pots on the trail. An alternative, and more widely-accepted theory, holds that chili con carne was born in Ensenada, Mexico in the 1880s as a way of stretching available meat in the kitchens of poor Tejanos.

American origin defenders argue:

"Chili, as we know it in the United States, cannot be found in Mexico today except in a few spots which cater to tourists. If chili had come from Mexico, it would still be there. For Mexicans, especially those of Indian ancestry, do not change their culinary customs from one generation — or even from one century — to another."

– Ramsdell, San Antonio

"San Antonio Chili Stand" was in operation at the 1893 Columbian Exposition in Chicago, which helped spread a taste for chili to other parts of the country. San Antonio was a significant tourist destination and helped Texas-style chili con carne spread throughout the South and West.

Delano
02-18-2007, 01:55 PM
You're new here aren't you...

Not at all. I seem to remember recipe threads going over pretty well on the planet with lots of tasty input from all the commatards.

Delano
02-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Am I the only one that chuckled over this exchange between CHIEF4EVER and DomerNKC?

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 01:59 PM
What do you think about chili? That would be what the thread is about.The best chili known to man/woman is what the thread was about. i did not think what she posted was chili, and i stated that. I thought that was what a bb was about. After i pointed out my opinion the she/male turned it into a name calling contest.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Not at all. I seem to remember recipe threads going over pretty well on the planet with lots of tasty input from all the commatards.

Generally. At least until some dumbass noob hijacks it.

luv
02-18-2007, 02:02 PM
The best chili known to man/woman is what the thread was about. i did not think what she posted was chili, and i stated that. I thought that was what a bb was about. After i pointed out my opinion the she/male turned it into a name calling contest.
So be man enough not to respond to it.

Looking back, you called him a metrosexual before he responded to your first post.

Stewie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne#Origins_and_history

Origins and history

It was made with leftovers from the meals prepared in the cantina and served for free to drinking customers.

Nice find, Luv. That's how I've always viewed chili. The spices overwhelm whatever you're cooking. An MD friend of mine has a cabin in outback Colorado. He got an elk about 5 years ago and served it when I went out for a visit. It was horrible! BUT, when it was made as chili it was edible. It's amazing what those spices can cover up! I think back in the day, chili spices were used to cover bad/rancid/nasty meat.

DomerNKC
Eat shit pussy. One of these days you will get the opportunity to tell me how gay I am to my face. Try not to piss your panties when you do.you really got me quaking honey. Don't ask and don't tell. NTTAWWT. Your lifestyle choice is all yours. Notice that all of your responses include my genitalia or what covers them? Elton John thinks that is kinda gay.

Delano
02-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Mine:

2lbs burger
1 chopped onion
salt, pepper, season salt

brown

add flour to beef mixture until thick

add 2 cans chili beans
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cans water
1 can rotel
various amounts of chili powder, black pepper, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper ( I have no idea, I just keep tasting it until it's right)
2 tbsp sugar (helps blend tastes)

bring to boil, then simmer approx 2 hours

eat it with shredded cheese and fritos

Sounds good. Have you ever tried cumin? Love the fritos and cheese but sometimes a little sour cream is a nice additive.

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 02:03 PM
So be man enough not to respond to it.And miss all of the fun??

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 02:04 PM
that was not a recipe, just a few ideas for the metrosexual thread originator. He has a soccer player as his avatar and he knows chili.

Had you left it at your disagreement with the recipe we wouldn't have a beef. Instead you chose to get insulting. Dumbass.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Am I the only one that chuckled over this exchange between CHIEF4EVER and DomerNKC?
I think they should get together and talk it out out over a nice bowl of psuedo-chili. That would be sweet.

Delano
02-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Some guy at a chili cook off at my mom's church served some sort of chicken and white bean soup that he called chili. I recently saw a chicken chili spice pack at the grocery store and wondered what the hell that was all about. I have used turkey to replace beef when I wanted to cut some calories but chicken and white beans?? Anyone heard of this?

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-18-2007, 02:07 PM

Looking back, you called him a metrosexual before he responded to your first post.
You're so sexy when you get in the middle.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 02:07 PM
I think they should get together and talk it out out over a nice bowl of psuedo-chili. That would be sweet.

LMAO

Very nicely done. :clap:

luv
02-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Some guy at a chili cook off at my mom's church served some sort of chicken and white bean soup that he called chili. I recently saw a chicken chili spice pack at the grocery store and wondered what the hell that was all about. I have used turkey to replace beef when I wanted to cut some calories but chicken and white beans?? Anyone heard of this?
Yes. White chili is what I've heard it called. I also don't see the point of veggie chili. Isn't it basically veggie soup?

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 02:09 PM

Looking back, you called him a metrosexual before he responded to your first post.i was using someone elses term. i did'nt think that was an offensive term. I am one of those knuckledraggers. You know the type of guy that has hair on his back and not on his head. I thought a metrosexual was a guy that was more civilized than the uglier worse dressed guy like me. If i wanted to call him gay, i would have.

luv
You're so sexy when you get in the middle.
Hey, I said I thought it was annoying. Annoying people is part of what I'm good at. :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
Yes. White Chicken Chili has been around quite a while. Several restaurants serve their version of it. It's pretty good usually.

Delano
02-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Yes. White chili is what I've heard it called. I also don't see the point of veggie chili. Isn't it basically veggie soup?

Agreed. My mother said it was tastey but she was pissed when the judges decided to give the chicken chili an award when it is basically soup/stew.

Bowser
WTF are you eating chili at 3:35 in the morning?

Dr. Facebook Fever
Hey, I said I thought it was annoying. Annoying people is part of what I'm good at. :)
You're so sexy when you're being annoying...

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Had you left it at your disagreement with the recipe we wouldn't have a beef. Instead you chose to get insulting. Dumbass.Is it your period?

Cochise
02-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I hate those big soggy chunks of tomato. Have to make them not so noticable.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Had you left it at your disagreement with the recipe we wouldn't have a beef.
Get it...?......... beef................ it's a chili thread...............

ok... I'm going away..............

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-18-2007, 02:14 PM
I hate those big soggy chunks of tomato. Have to make them not so noticable.
My opinion too. The thought of tomato chunks gives me a gag reflex. Seriously.

Stewie
02-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Wow! I didn't realize chili is such an emotional subject.

Bowser
02-18-2007, 02:15 PM

SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!1

luv
02-18-2007, 02:15 PM
My opinion too. The thought of tomato chunks gives me a gag reflex. Seriously.
I prefer the Rotel stewed tomatoes. Much smaller chunks.

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Had you left it at your disagreement with the recipe we wouldn't have a beef. Instead you chose to get insulting. Dumbass.isn't it funny that after you threaten to kick someones ass, you start assembling a posse to help you.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey! Don't say that!!!! You'll make me cry.................... and I don't like that.......

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 02:17 PM
WTF are you eating chili at 3:35 in the morning?

Because I can. :D

Bowser
02-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Because I can. :D

Heh. Fair enough.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-18-2007, 02:18 PM
I prefer the Rotel stewed tomatoes. Much smaller chunks.
OK... I prefer tomato juice. No chunks at all.

:thumb:

luv
02-18-2007, 02:19 PM
isn't it funny that after you threaten to kick someones ass, you start assembling a posse to help you.
I think he meant "we" as in you and him.

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I think he meant "we" as in you and him.

It is truly sad when someone has to explain such a basic concept. :shake:

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I think he meant "we" as in you and him.if that is the case, then i digress. I just thought he was smart enough to look for help. just let her/him know that when we meet there is to be no scratching or hair pulling.

Bowser
02-18-2007, 02:24 PM
if that is the case, then i digress. I just thought he was smart enough to look for help. just let her/him know that when we meet there is to be no scratching or hair pulling.

"I know, Ike! Let's have a SPELLING CONTEST! Hahahaha!"[/Doc Holliday]

CHIEF4EVER
02-18-2007, 02:25 PM
"I know, Ike! Let's have a SPELLING CONTEST! Hahahaha!"[/Doc Holliday]

LMAO

luv
02-18-2007, 02:32 PM

This rocks, btw.

Phobia
02-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Here are a couple of examples of chili recipes. The primary ingredients in chili are meat and chili.

Actually, that's only one example, RJ. Heh.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-18-2007, 02:51 PM
****in' chili police bitch.

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 04:00 PM
It is truly sad when someone has to explain such a basic concept. :shake:it is truly sad when soccer fags try to act tough by attacking a guys rep. oooh that hurts so much tough guy!!!! chicken shit.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-18-2007, 04:24 PM
it is truly sad when soccer Rump Rangers try to act tough by attacking a guys rep. oooh that hurts so much tough guy!!!! chicken shit.
That's it! I say we have a fully sanctioned offical rumble/chili cookoff and settle this once and for all between you two! Can't you see you're tearing the planet apart!!!!!!!??????

May the best pair of oven mits win!

DomerNKC
02-18-2007, 04:35 PM
That's it! I say we have a fully sanctioned offical rumble/chili cookoff and settle this once and for all between you two! Can't you see you're tearing the planet apart!!!!!!!??????

May the best pair of oven mits win!that isn't fair, he already wears a skirt and has an apron!!!!

ExtremeChief
02-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Sounds good. Have you ever tried cumin? Love the fritos and cheese but sometimes a little sour cream is a nice additive.

I've just recently learned about cumin while making guacamole at home. It's has an interesting flavor and I'll probably try it next time. Like I said, I just kind of add to it till it tastes right to me.

Smed1065
02-18-2007, 08:40 PM
No cumin g, you are not chili n

Phobia
02-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I've just recently learned about cumin while making guacamole at home. It's has an interesting flavor and I'll probably try it next time. Like I said, I just kind of add to it till it tastes right to me.
Try throwing in a cup of feta cheese in your next batch of guac.

Jenny Gump
02-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Try throwing in a cup of feta cheese in your next batch of guac.

Hmmmm never thought of that. Sounds good.

RJ
02-18-2007, 09:21 PM

Oops. Well, that's ok, make a double batch.

Phobia
02-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Oops. Well, that's ok, make a double batch.

Hey, problem solved.

Have you ever made rib soup? I have some ribs I made a couple weeks ago that weren't great. I'm working on some rib soup now but I'm winging it. Any ideas? I think I'm headed towards something with an asian flair - with black beans and some spicy garlic sauce but I'm open to suggestions.

jspchief
02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm sure this will get me flamed in a thread where everyone is comparing the size of their chili-peen but...

2 can Rotel
1 lb. Hamburger browned
1 can Bush's Chili Magic

It's good stuff and it takes less than 30 minutes

RJ
02-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey, problem solved.

Have you ever made rib soup? I have some ribs I made a couple weeks ago that weren't great. I'm working on some rib soup now but I'm winging it. Any ideas? I think I'm headed towards something with an asian flair - with black beans and some spicy garlic sauce but I'm open to suggestions.

Since you're headed that way, got any basil and/or cilantro? They'll take you to a sort of Thai flavor. I made some chicken soup a few days ago that turned Asian on me, sometimes these things have a life of their own.

I love making soup but I can never seem to get the same one twice. My wife will say something like "this is good, you should make it again", I'll tell her I would if I knew what was in it.

Bill Parcells
02-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Hey, problem solved.

Have you ever tried soaking the ribs in apple cider vinegar over night? and just use some seasoned salt when you slow cook them..I love that shit.YUM YUM

Phobia
02-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Have you ever tried soaking the ribs in apple cider vinegar over night? and just use some seasoned salt when you slow cook them..I love that shit.YUM YUM

Heh. You just described half my brine recipe.

Phobia
02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Since you're headed that way, got any basil and/or cilantro? They'll take you to a sort of Thai flavor. I made some chicken soup a few days ago that turned Asian on me, sometimes these things have a life of their own.

I love making soup but I can never seem to get the same one twice. My wife will say something like "this is good, you should make it again", I'll tell her I would if I knew what was in it.

Yeah, I'll throw some cilantro in there right now. Thanks.

I'll bet we cook with similar methods.

RJ
02-18-2007, 11:11 PM

Cider vinegar and ribs are natural partners. I keep some cider vinegar in a spray bottle, use it to spritz my ribs when I'm grilling. Adds flavor and keeps them moist. Or, add a little bit of yellow mustard to a couple cups of cider vinegar for a rib basting concoction. Damn good.

RJ
02-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I'll throw some cilantro in there right now. Thanks.

I'll bet we cook with similar methods.

Yes, that seems to be true from your posts on food and cooking that I've read. I basically see recipes as a general guideline, from there it's just a matter of understanding how flavors work together and knowing what you and your family like. Me and my family like pretty much everything, so most of the time I can't go wrong.