PDA

View Full Version : My Boy's a Mick!

Over-Head
02-18-2007, 09:46 AM
If it was good enough for "Dear old dad" than being a "Mick" is good enough for him :thumb:

Had the christening yesterday, just a hand full of few close family friends and the other 4 or 5 of the family who werenít sick. (Yeah really broke my hart most of them didnít show :evil: )

So far life is hectic. "Jake" wakes, feeds, burps, feeds, sleeps, repeat every 3 hours as necessary.

Since I get up at 4:45 every day to head to work I donít mine the 5 am feeding.
But that 2:30-3 am one is getting mighty hard to handle right on the heels of the midnight one. (Guess Iím the A-typical newborn father, 3-4 hours of sleep a day IF your lucky)
BUT!
On the plus side I've got diper changing to a science. (oh yeah he crapped all over the Mrs the other day ROFL

Heís grown an inch and a half and put on 3 pounds in his first month.
I canít wait till the boy hitís 12-14yrs old, Heís gonna eat me out of house and home.
But I wouldnít change it a bit, or have it any other way.:shake:

Bill Parcells
02-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey,good stuff O-H :) ...Once the permafrost melts on that deserted island you live on,you should be all caught up on your sleep.and then you will have ample time to hit the backyard shed. ;) :toast: :bong:

Over-Head
02-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey,good stuff O-H :) ...Once the permafrost melts on that deserted island you live on,you should be all caught up on your sleep.and then you will have ample time to hit the backyard shed. ;) :toast: :bong:
After the priest left the house after the "social" me and 2 other guests went "out to the shed" ;)
When your house is small, and you've got 25 people in your kitchen and livingroom, it's amazing how easy it is to "slide out and not be missed"

Bill Parcells
02-18-2007, 10:02 AM
After the priest left the house after the "social" me and 2 other guests went "out to the shed" ;)
When your house is small, and you've got 25 people in your kitchen and livingroom, it's amazing how easy it is to "slide out and not be missed"
LOL..Good stuff man..glad to hear your boy is doing good.

That shed is indispensable! :D

milkman
02-18-2007, 10:03 AM
What's a "Mick"?

RedNeckRaider
02-18-2007, 10:06 AM
What's a "Mick"?
A slang term for Irish, I don't about up north maybe is means something different.

milkman
02-18-2007, 10:11 AM
A slang term for Irish, I don't about up north maybe is means something different.

Ah.
Yeah, it just didn't register.

Over-Head
02-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Catholic actually.
Since NL is basically a second cousin to Ireland we generally use much of the same slang.

RedNeckRaider
02-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Catholic actually.
Since NL is basically a second cousin to Ireland we generally use much of the same slang.
Well I was raised Catholic and I'm Irish so I'm about as Mick as it gets!

Braincase
02-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm Norwegian and Swedish... and my Irish friends get pissed when I remind them where the red hair comes from...

RedNeckRaider
02-18-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm Norwegian and Swedish... and my Irish friends get pissed when I remind them where the red hair comes from...
Putem up putem up!

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Congrats-that is really cool!