PDA

View Full Version : A question for the Mods??

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Why were my signature privelages revoked?? The Repost Police sig I had was twice as big as my last Rush one. If it was too big-which I don't feel it was-others have just as big or bigger-why not give me the courtessy of a PM telling me there is a problem. I would have gladly changed it to conform with board regulations, but obviously I was not given the chance.

I am not trying to stir up shit, but would like to know who did it and why?

Bowser
02-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Don't make them close this thread. lol

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Don't make them close this thread. lol

Close it-for what. I feel I have a legitimate question. Whoever did it should be man enough to own up to it and provide a reason for revoking privelages without prior notice.

Its not like I have EVER had problems with my avatar or sig before. I have always respected the mods and also had respect for this site. Like I said I would have fixed it or just taken it off if it did not meet the board standards. I wasn't trying to skirt the rules-the size is the same as what I got it from another site. I just got my Adobe software back and would have gladly made it smaller if I had known there was a problem.

Its been on there over a week and now it gets yanked without any notice or warning???

morphius
02-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Cause only a few of us are nice enough to send PM's, and normally when they do it they go through and do a bunch of people who are breaking the rule. It isn't like it is a hard rule to follow.

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Like I said I would have changed it gladly if it did not meet board standards. Others sigs are much bigger, but I guess since it was Rush it deserves to be taken down without notice. Nobody said a word for a week-not once was I asked to change it-and then to have my privelages revoked-it was a very unnessary step. The Repost sig that 4th made me was twice the size-it was on there over a year-before I passed it onto Coffee- but it was not breaking the rules evidently??

Like I said I have never once caused a problem on here with spam, nudity, graphic death threads, my avatar, or sigs. I have always respected the board and the mods. But was not given the chance to fix this.

I am not trying to stir up trouble-just want to make sure I understand the problem.

Fairplay
02-18-2007, 01:48 PM
I did it. I took away your sig. I wanted it.

Phobia
02-18-2007, 01:49 PM
It's not you. It's because it's the most frequently broken rule so mods have lost their patience for non-compliance. They get tired of explaining over and over again so they just revoke the privelages eventually. It doesn't have anything to do with you or Rush.

morphius
02-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Like I said I would have changed it gladly if it did not meet board standards. Others sigs are much bigger, but I guess since it was Rush it deserves to be taken down without notice. Nobody said a word for a week-not once was I asked to change it-and then to have my privelages revoked-it was a very unnessary step. The Repost sig that 4th made me was twice the size-it was on there over a year-before I passed it onto Coffee- but it was not breaking the rules evidently??

Like I said I have never once caused a problem on here with spam, nudity, graphic death threads, my avatar, or sigs. I have always respected the board and the mods. But was not given the chance to fix this.

I am not trying to stir up trouble-just want to make sure I understand the problem.
It is 50 pixels too big, then your words underneath it added another 20 or so...

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 02:02 PM
It's not you. It's because it's the most frequently broken rule so mods have lost their patience for non-compliance. They get tired of explaining over and over again so they just revoke the privelages eventually. It doesn't have anything to do with you or Rush.

I can totally understand that. They don't want things to get out of hand like in the past. It is just hard to understand when I changed to a sig half the size of my last one, it stays on a week without a mod objecting then I get my privlages revoked without notice??

If I thought it was breaking the rules I would have never put that on there. I have never once broke board rules to my knowledge and do feel like this is a personal attack without merit.

chiefforlife
02-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Geeez, call the Waaambulance!

morphius
02-18-2007, 02:06 PM
I can totally understand that. They don't want things to get out of hand like in the past. It is just hard to understand when I changed to a sig half the size of my last one, it stays on a week without a mod objecting then I get my privlages revoked without notice??

If I thought it was breaking the rules I would have never put that on there. I have never once broke board rules to my knowledge and do feel like this is a personal attack without merit.
I'm sure it isn't personal. Normally the admin who does it only does it once a week or so, so having it there for a week is nothing personal. Plus your other one may have been wider, but not as tall, which would have made it okay.

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 02:10 PM
It is 50 pixels too big, then your words underneath it added another 20 or so...

So 70 pixels? Even though this is such a small amount, if you say it is over that is fine. Restore my privelages and I will gladly make sure it is well below board standards-plus I will delete the quote to take it down another 20. I didn't realize the quote was included or I would not have it on there at all. I just got my software back so I am able to adjust it now.

Like I said-I was not trying to cause trouble and if I had known it was 70 pixels off-I would have waited until I had the software to double check it and make it conform.

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Geeez, call the Waaambulance!

lol yeah okay. I am not trying to bitch-just trying to make sure that I adhere to board standards in the future so these misunderstandings do not crop up in the future. There are enough bad apples on this board without trouble from me-lol

But I do appreciate that you took the time to make your 50th post part of this thread. Thank You!! :)

chiefforlife
02-18-2007, 02:15 PM
lol yeah okay. I am not trying to bitch-just trying to make sure that I adhere to board standards in the future so these misunderstandings do not crop up in the future. There are enough bad apples on this board without trouble from me-lol

But I do appreciate that you took the time to make your 50th post part of this thread. Thank You!! :)

WORD!

Bill Parcells
02-18-2007, 03:19 PM
So 70 pixels? Even though this is such a small amount, if you say it is over that is fine. Restore my privelages and I will gladly make sure it is well below board standards-plus I will delete the quote to take it down another 20. I didn't realize the quote was included or I would not have it on there at all. I just got my software back so I am able to adjust it now.

Like I said-I was not trying to cause trouble and if I had known it was 70 pixels off-I would have waited until I had the software to double check it and make it conform.
All you have to do is right click on the sig,and hit properties..it will give you the pixel dimensions...what software do you need?

Baconeater
02-18-2007, 03:33 PM
All you have to do is right click on the sig,and hit properties..it will give you the pixel dimensions...what software do you need?
That only tells you the dimensions of the image, if you have text in your sig it won't account for it.

Fairplay
02-18-2007, 03:35 PM
That only tells you the dimensions of the image, if you have text in your sig it won't account for it.

Good graphic addition Bugeater.

The Mods should use that to help explain this to people.

Baconeater
02-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Good graphic addition Bugeater.

The Mods should use that to help explain this to people.
I should just use that as my signature.

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Cool problem solved-thanks for all the help.

StcChief
02-18-2007, 03:46 PM

Here is an idea I've presented before about this.......

why not have a rules sub forum or easy link to thread about the rule.

I forget the size of any attached pic for sig./size of Avi is regulated....

since they vary from BB....

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Cool problem solved-thanks for all the help.

Oh except I still don't have Sig rights?? :deevee:

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Havn't I been punished enough? I promised not to fug up again

Baconeater
02-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Here is an idea I've presented before about this.......

why not have a rules sub forum or easy link to thread about the rule.

I forget the size of any attached pic for sig./size of Avi is regulated....

since they vary from BB....
It's in the FAQ section.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_signature_size__faq

Bill Parcells
02-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh except I still don't have Sig rights?? :deevee:
There is no double secret probation..they usually yank them with no questions asked..I'll give you my sig privileges..just paypal me $50 ;)

Halfcan
02-18-2007, 03:58 PM
There is no double secret probation..they usually yank them with no questions asked..I'll give you my sig privileges..just paypal me $50 ;)

I would, but I am in a tight bidding war for Britney's hair-so I can't right now.

Fairplay
02-18-2007, 04:08 PM
I should just use that as my signature.

I would if i were you. A couple weeks anyway.

Brock
02-18-2007, 05:40 PM
They've told you people about a hundred times not to violate sig guidelines. You're obviously too stupid to have one.

luv
02-18-2007, 05:55 PM
Why were my signature privelages revoked?? The Repost Police sig I had was twice as big as my last Rush one. If it was too big-which I don't feel it was-others have just as big or bigger-why not give me the courtessy of a PM telling me there is a problem. I would have gladly changed it to conform with board regulations, but obviously I was not given the chance.

I am not trying to stir up shit, but would like to know who did it and why?
This sounds like it would make a good PM.

HonestChieffan
02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
It's all related to spelling errors that finally went to far.

go bowe
02-18-2007, 06:01 PM
your and genious...

Ari Chi3fs
why dont the mods just install a mod so that the limits aren't broken. This is Vbulletin, they have mods for all kinds of shit like this.

wow. Version 3.0.0 Beta 5?

Hahahahahahah

Upgrade that shit, dumbasses. ROFL

DomerNKC
Dude, i pissed off a board moderator because i always posted like this. he said it used up too much bandwidth, or something like that.

morphius
02-18-2007, 06:05 PM
why dont the mods just install a mod so that the limits aren't broken. This is Vbulletin, they have mods for all kinds of shit like this.

wow. Version 3.0.0 Beta 5?

Hahahahahahah

Upgrade that shit, dumbasses. ROFL
There are no working mods to limit it automatically that seem to work with both text and graphics, dumbass...

go bowe
02-18-2007, 06:39 PM
ok now, guys...

let's not quarrel about overworking the mods...

we likes 'em around here (except for that zach kid)...

careful how you fly this thing. or it'l overheat and crash on you, like actually fall on you...

major bummer, the left wing just fell off...

oh wait, we're still on the ground waiting to take off where rainman left us... (boo boo booo-boo)

but we can't wait, the left wing just fell off...

i think we may be in trouble here...

that is all...

mods=good job...

now where do i pick up my check?

Numbah One
02-18-2007, 07:10 PM
http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/2670/ndredd22aog5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Calcountry
02-18-2007, 07:33 PM
All you have to do is right click on the sig,and hit properties..it will give you the pixel dimensions...what software do you need?Or, a person(not you Bill) could be totally cool, avoid being an attention whore, and not even have a sig. Besides, it will help reduce global warming.

DenverChief
02-18-2007, 08:53 PM
WTF is going on here?

Iowanian
02-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Oversized, gaudy sigs are the stupidest affliction on the internet halfbirdman.

morphius
02-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Oversized, gaudy sigs are the stupidest affliction on the internet halfbirdman.
Are you sure it isn't rep? Either way...

Bowser
02-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Are you sure it isn't rep? Either way...

Never question the rep system. Neg rep for you.

|Zach|
02-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Are you sure it isn't rep?
amen

HolmeZz
02-18-2007, 09:38 PM
I never got a chance to change my sig. It just got locked. I'd change it if somebody would give me my privileges back.

Bowser
02-18-2007, 09:38 PM
amen

.....and you.

Haters.

Bowser
02-18-2007, 09:39 PM
I never got a chance to change my sig. It just got locked. I'd change it if somebody would give me my privileges back.

And you as well. Wrong place, wrong time......

FAX
02-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Be brave. Go sigless in the daylight.

FAX

CHENZ A!
02-19-2007, 02:34 AM
yo, I want to be able to make my own "sig" too.. "sigs" are the shit... if theyre not real big though.... I promise I'll only put words, or pictures or boobs with nipples covered, or asses with the killzone* under control. thanks in advance. 1 love.

*taco