PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL: Kansas @ Kansas State, ESPN's Big Monday-8 p.m.***

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Lzen
02-20-2007, 10:15 AM
I found this interesting. In the Journal World Chalmers mentions that Huggins' guarantee at their late night, and the pep rally before the game served as "bulletin board" material.

I have no problem with the pep rally, but maybe win a game before you start runnin your yap!

Hmmm. Tell me more. What exactly did he guarantee? Did he guarantee their fans that they would win this game?

RockChalk
02-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Hmmm. Tell me more. What exactly did he guarantee? Did he guarantee their fans that they would win this game?

At their Midnight Madness, he guaranteed that the streak would end on February 19th. THen it would be a rivalry.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 10:26 AM
At their Midnight Madness, he guaranteed that the streak would end on February 19th. THen it would be a rivalry.

you gotta fire up your troops. I don't blame him one bit. The gap is definitely closing.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 10:37 AM
I gotta say, I thought it was pretty fairly officiated. Only one of those times Huggy stomped his feet like a red headed step child and the crowd booed like Hitler just walked in, was it warranted to me. Of course being that William and he were in the stands, with all of the emotion and bias around them, they're sure to pull that card. If they don't I'll be surprised.

The real reason they lost is their complete lack of a post presence, because it seemed (without the stats in front of me) that they shot very well from 3.

Take that back. I challenge you to find a post where I have ever used the officials as a crutch. You won't find it.

The game was great. The atmoshphere was electric. The game even played as I'd hoped. Huggs got them slowed down, had KU playing zone. The three's were going in.

However, worse than having no post presence, is having guards who can't take anybody off the dribble. A guy who can do that is waaaay better than any post presence. Especially in CBB. Collins showed that. He drove and forced help defense and then either finished, dished, or they moved the ball around the perimeter forcing rotation that couldn't catch up.

Second time I've seen Collins live. He's the best player on the court. I hope an agent gets his ear. He could go NBA now.

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Take that back. I challenge you to find a post where I have ever used the officials as a crutch. You won't find it.

The game was great. The atmoshphere was electric. The game even played as I'd hoped. Huggs got them slowed down, had KU playing zone. The three's were going in.

However, worse than having no post presence, is having guards who can't take anybody off the dribble. A guy who can do that is waaaay better than any post presence. Especially in CBB. Collins showed that. He drove and forced help defense and then either finished, dished, or they moved the ball around the perimeter forcing rotation that couldn't catch up.

Second time I've seen Collins live. He's the best player on the court. I hope an agent gets his ear. He could go NBA now.So you admit we have a strong second string?

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 10:42 AM
So you admit we have a strong second string?

You lost your string in your vagina this morning...

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 10:44 AM
You lost your string in your vagina this morning...
You had better quit telling people my dick is salty.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 10:46 AM
So you admit we have a strong second string?

I'll admit you have one of the top players in the conference (the best point guard in conference) coming off the bench.

ChiTown
02-20-2007, 10:47 AM

Second time I've seen Collins live. He's the best player on the court. I hope an agent gets his ear. He could go NBA now.

Agreed WTI, Collins is absolutely amazing. He possess strength, quickness and the shooting ability necessary for a guy at his position. BY FAR, the best athlete and player on the court. I would love to have someone, anyone who could get to the paint like Collins. IMO, he was the difference for KU last night. I can't believe he won't go Pro after his Soph season. Damn, that dude is QUICK!

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 10:55 AM
You lost your string in your vagina this morning

Tim Hardaway is going to show up soon....

DJJasonp
02-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Even though the hawks didnt play their best ball last night...this game says a lot about this team (both teams actually).

Earlier in the season, the hawks would get on a roll, then lose to a Depaul or Tech or A&M at home. This was a prime opportunity - after coming off several impressive blowouts - for the Hawks to blow another game against a team they should beat regardless of the venue.

I think they grew a little last night - and realized they can win ugly also.....I'm a little worried about the frenzied offensive sets, but they calmed down a bit in the 2nd half.

I give it up to Huggins and the fans...they definitely created a hostile/electric environment.

I thought the refs were equally bad for both sides....very inconsistent and missed fouls on both ends of the floor....

A good win for the hawks....and some glimmers of hope for the cat fans....If they can win a couple more games in the conference - they should be a tourney team

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Tim Hardaway is going to show up soon....

No need to worry, Lew Perkins will show up and appologize for all of us...

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I'll admit you have one of the top players in the conference (the best point guard in conference) coming off the bench.
What amazes me is Self's ability to get four guards of that quality to go to KU at the same time. Oh, and Arthur comes off the bench too. The NBA will raid us no doubt. Something that has never been a problem before. But I'm confident Self can go get more to replace them.

SithCeNtZ
02-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Agreed WTI, Collins is absolutely amazing. He possess strength, quickness and the shooting ability necessary for a guy at his position. BY FAR, the best athlete and player on the court. I would love to have someone, anyone who could get to the paint like Collins. IMO, he was the difference for KU last night. I can't believe he won't go Pro after his Soph season. Damn, that dude is QUICK!

Best thing about Collins is there is about a zero percent chance of him going pro early due to him being 5-11. Not many of those players in the NBA right now and I couldn't think of one guard drafted early who was shorter than 6 feet.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
I cant see the NBA raiding the Jayhawks... Our guys can play defense and that is something the NBA seriously avoids.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Best thing about Collins is there is about a zero percent chance of him going pro early due to him being 5-11. Not many of those players in the NBA right now and I couldn't think of one guard drafted early who was shorter than 6 feet.
Allen Iverson. He a shade under 6'0.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Jameer Nelson. Earl Boykins.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 11:05 AM

I will as soon as you quit telling people how much you enjoy getting "Tea Bagged" by William and Saul.

SithCeNtZ
02-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Jameer Nelson. Earl Boykins.

Neither left early. I'll give you Iverson, although a top 50 player of all time seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Neither left early. I'll give you Iverson, although a top 50 player of all time seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
That's true. Just depends on how deep the class is. I don't see him going, to be honest, I don't see any of them leaving. They could stick around and be very dangerous.

RockChalk
02-20-2007, 11:12 AM
you gotta fire up your troops. I don't blame him one bit. The gap is definitely closing.

i don't blame him for saying that at all. i would think any coach would do the same.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 11:13 AM
That's true. Just depends on how deep the class is. I don't see him going, to be honest, I don't see any of them leaving. They could stick around and be very dangerous.

Money is very tempting for many young kids... Alot of them have families that are leaches and those kids are the only thing that can keep them from starving to death...

Really leaving college early, rarely helps in the long run. Sure they get their money now, but in 5 years they are broke and playing in a some CBA or Europe league...

Drew Gooden should of never left Kansas early, what has he done in the NBA?

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Money is very tempting for many young kids... Alot of them have families that are leaches and those kids are the only thing that can keep them from starving to death...

Really leaving college early, rarely helps in the long run. Sure they get their money now, but in 5 years they are broke and playing in a some CBA or Europe league...

Drew Gooden should of never left Kansas early, what has he done in the NBA?

Gooden signed a gazillion $ contract. Plays next to Lebraun. He's never going to be broke.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Gooden signed a gazillion $ contract. Plays next to Lebaraun. He's never going to be broke.

Thats true, I am just not a big fan of the water down product of the NBA... Actually is there anything worse than watching an NBA game?

You cant blame them for leaving. I would do the same thing if that kind of Jack was waved infront of me.

Woodrow Call
02-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Actually is there anything worse than watching an NBA game?

Nope. Not since Jordan left anyway.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I have become a fan of the NBA again. Especially watching the Suns. That's a great product.

Also, I'd pay to see Gilbert Arenas light the place up too.

Woodrow Call
02-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I have become a fan of the NBA again. Especially watching the Suns. That's a great product.

Every year I try to get back into it but I can't. I loved it back in 90's but either I changed or the product did.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Every year I try to get back into it but I can't. I loved it back in 90's but either I changed or the product did.

I think when Jordan left, many fans left...

The product is all about Thugs and Drugs to me... I did like the Mavericks and Suns playoffs last year...

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 11:41 AM

Same here. So much talent compared to just 10 years ago.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Same here. So much talent compared to just 10 years ago.

You cant deny the talent that is forsure.

But you can question the heart, on floor actions and off court thuggery of these guys.. Not like the NFL or any others is better. But the NBA seems to be all about the Rapper/Gang image, more than the product on the floor...

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 11:45 AM
You cant deny the talent that is forsure.

But you can question the heart, on floor actions and off court thuggery of these guys.. Not like the NFL or any others is better. But the NBA seems to be all about the Rapper/Gang image, more than the product on the floor...
Ever been to an NBA game recently? I'd rather take a kid to an NBA game than an NFL game.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Ever been to an NBA game recently? I'd rather take a kid to an NBA game than an NFL game.

yeah actually Chris Paul hooked the family and I up with some sweet Hornets tickets recently... We actually enjoyed the timeouts and halftime shows more than the game... It was cool to watch Chris play though.

Your right about NFL, My son wants to go to Arrowhead for a game and I am having serious reservations about it... Too many idiots getting tanked up and feeling they can say and do what they want, because they pay for season tickets...

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Decent game up until Huggins got that T..then I knew it was over.

Great crowd, loved the deadbeat daddy chant and the "Hardaway hates you". It was pretty loud in there, nearly as loud as I have ever heard it. During the KU player announcements their were at least 3 chickens thrown on the floor. There weren't many KU fans in the building at all, which is a big change from years past. I'd say under a few hundred.

We played like shit on defense in the 2nd half, and generally played like shit on offense the entire game.

We simply do not have the athletes to gun with KU at this time, which was evident in the 2nd half. Collins just blew by our defenders with ease.

Anyways, this doesn't hurt our tourney chances too much since KU has such a high RPI. I think if we win @CU and vs Oklahoma, we are in with 10 wins. That is the ultimate goal.

Dead Beat Daddy was LOUD. I listened to it come through loud and clear on the TV replay when I got home. Hilarious. I got the idea that Franklin and Fran were a little surprised by it. They were silent and it just rang through the telecast.

You know I really wanted to see chickens tossed, but when it happened...it was like...hmmm. Not as hilarious as it used to be. Still funny. But not as funny.

And there were very few sparrow fans in attendance. Maybe 300? Spread out all over. There was one guy in my row. He was right in the middle of the row. Decent enough fellow. Didn't say too much.

Damn. Started the 2nd half 1-12. That was a real bear. Got it tied. But couldn't overcome in the last 6 minutes.

Lzen
02-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Tossing chickens is not funny. It's lame. But I guess ya gotta have your traditions. The wearing black thing wasn't a bad idea. Much better idea than the player unis a few years ago when the lavender shade of the shorts didn't match the jersey. That was terrible. Good game, good rivalry. The Sunflower showdown should finally have some significance in the years to come.

Ari Chi3fs
02-20-2007, 12:26 PM
maybe I'm out of touch here, but ... who was Dead Beat Daddy in reference too?

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 12:45 PM

Brandon Rush. It seems he was taken to Jackson Co. court for 'baby daddy' irresponsibility.

http://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do?searchType=name

Click on the case # to get the details.

You will see that the date of disposition was 10/18/06 which means the case has been decided.

Click on the Civil Judgements tab and you will see that the judgement was entered against: RUSH, BRANDON L

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 12:47 PM

Pretty sure they were talking to Thuggins, for setting an example that DUI's are okay...

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Brandon Rush. It seems he was taken to Jackson Co. court for 'baby daddy' irresponsibility.

http://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do?searchType=name

Click on the case # to get the details.

You will see that the date of disposition was 10/18/06 which means the case has been decided.

Click on the Civil Judgements tab and you will see that the judgement was entered against: RUSH, BRANDON L

So what is the scoop? Does he have to pay or what?

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 12:56 PM
So what is the scoop? Does he have to pay or what?
Whatever it is, don't post anything about it on Phog. You will get banned, even if you are a KU fan. Just a friendly FYI.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Whatever it is, don't post anything about it on Phog. You will get banned, even if you are a KU fan. Just a friendly FYI.

Really? Phog.net can be a bunch of whiney bitchs sometimes.... They cry when we blow people out, cry when someone doesnt do this or that...

I think I will post it to see what happens....

Ari Chi3fs
02-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Heh. Weird. Thanks for the 411. I had no idea what it was in reference to.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Well so far, I havent been banned for bringing it up. I just wonder if it is true or not?

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Well so far, I havent been banned for bringing it up. I just wonder if it is true or not?

are you calling the State of Missouri a liar? ;)

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
are you calling the State of Missouri a liar? ;)

No Sir, I am not..

Just wondering if it is legit or not? Still not banned from Phog.net here is the link

http://mb24.scout.com/fkansasinsiderfrm3.showMessage?topicID=81324.topic

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
They locked my thread! LOL!

rockchalkgirl
02-20-2007, 02:12 PM
I love that the kitties are pointing to the court filing as "proof" that Brandon Rush is a deadbeat. All it proves is that there has been a paternity action filed against a Brandon Rush in court. The fact that a paternity case is filed is not proof that the parent isn't supporting his or her child; it simply means that the child was born out of wedlock. Legally, a paternity case is then required to name the father and mother. Gee, any K-State fan ever have a baby outside the bounds of marriage? If...

1) This is actually the "Brandon Rush" that plays for KU;
2) There is an order requiring him to pay current child support in the case;
and
3) There is documentation that he is indeed ignoring his obligation;

then the Kitties can say what they want, because he will deserve it. Until y'all have that proof, STFD and STFU.

leviw
02-20-2007, 02:13 PM
My thoughts:

- Sherron Collins is freakishly good. Has a chance to be the best guard in KU history if he plays even just three years.

- The blackout worked well.

- The student section was good, but not great. I thought throughout the night the booing was much louder than the cheering. I thought Bramlage was louder for the Mizzou game. Throwing stuff is embarrassing. Overall, a fine atmosphere, but for some reason I was expecting better.

- Besides officiating, the big excuse I'm hearing on campus today is that Hoskins had a bad game. "If he would have played better, we would have won"- KSU fan. Well, the problem with that is KU had the personell to defend Hoskins better than anyone else this year. Wright, with his length and quickness, is the perfect defender for him. Arthur, too.

- I thought the officials were poor, but not overwhelmingly poor in favor of either team.

- Bottom line: KU had players to step up and score down the stretch. KSU didn't.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 02:27 PM
They locked my thread! LOL!
Yeah. I guess they didn't want to be too harsh. Post it again...try it ;)

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 02:31 PM
My thoughts:

- Sherron Collins is freakishly good. Has a chance to be the best guard in KU history if he plays even just three years.

- The blackout worked well.

- The student section was good, but not great. I thought throughout the night the booing was much louder than the cheering. I thought Bramlage was louder for the Mizzou game. Throwing stuff is embarrassing. Overall, a fine atmosphere, but for some reason I was expecting better.

- Besides officiating, the big excuse I'm hearing on campus today is that Hoskins had a bad game. "If he would have played better, we would have won"- KSU fan. Well, the problem with that is KU had the personell to defend Hoskins better than anyone else this year. Wright, with his length and quickness, is the perfect defender for him. Arthur, too.

- I thought the officials were poor, but not overwhelmingly poor in favor of either team.

- Bottom line: KU had players to step up and score down the stretch. KSU didn't.
1. Agreed.
2. Agreed, especially for not giving away the shirts.
3. Agreed. It was louder for the Mizzou game, but that was because we came back from behind. I only saw one cup hit the floor, and of course, 3 chickens.
4. We didn't play very well, and when we don't play well, we don't have the athleticism that KU has to keep up w/ them. Next year we should.
5. Meh, whoever blames losses on officiating is a pussy (Djay23). Or the USA basketball silver medalists.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 02:31 PM
OMG. Arthur Brown wore black!!

:) :) :)

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah. I guess they didn't want to be too harsh. Post it again...try it ;)

Nope, Once is enough... I dont want banned...

leviw
02-20-2007, 02:35 PM
OMG. Arthur Brown wore black!!

:) :) :)

Ron Prince didn't.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Ron Prince didn't.
Have you seen the Ron Prince "email"?

leviw
02-20-2007, 02:37 PM
3. Agreed. It was louder for the Mizzou game, but that was because we came back from behind. I only saw one cup hit the floor, and of course, 3 chickens.

The cup that hit the floor in the middle of the second half (I think?) was just one of a flurry of things at that time...most of it was trash.

GARTH WAS FUMING!

Then right at the final buzzer, more trash came flying.

leviw
02-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Have you seen the Ron Prince "email"?

The Wefald one?

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 02:39 PM

The chicken thing concerns me? Why in Gods name would you want to bring a live chicken to the game then kill it before you throw it on the floor? or even a live one?

Do they have sex with them before they throw them on the court? I heard there was a mix of chickens and rubbers hitting the floor....

DJJasonp
02-20-2007, 02:47 PM
NOt sure if mentioned previously..(I'm at work and cant review 38 pages of this thread)...

But why is Bob Huggins trying to (with the slick black vest) impersonate:

A) Doc Holliday
B) A black jack dealer at Harrah's
C) A suit salesman at Harold Pener

?????

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 02:49 PM
NOt sure if mentioned previously..(I'm at work and cant review 38 pages of this thread)...

A) Doc Holliday

?????

Or Barney after a long night with a bottle?

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 02:53 PM

A) Doc Holliday

?????
I don't know, why don't you ask some of the male fashion experts on Phog.net?

DJJasonp
02-20-2007, 02:56 PM

Just havin' some fun!

C'mon...please tell me you cant be proud of that look for your coach!???

I'd be embarassed if it was my coach.

:)

Al Czervik
02-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Wow....looks like we touched a nerve...

DJJasonp
02-20-2007, 03:06 PM

For what it's worth...

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 03:07 PM
No Sir, I am not..

Just wondering if it is legit or not? Still not banned from Phog.net here is the link

well, the address listed as his is also the same address for one Glenda Rush, which coincidentally is the name of the player's mother.

And the state website shows a judgment was made against the Rush in question in a paternity suit (meaning he is the father and liable for support)

DJay23
02-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Leave Saul alone. He's probably a little upset that he didn't wait till next year to totally commit to being a K-State fan.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:10 PM
well, the address listed as his is also the same address for one Glenda Rush, which coincidentally is the name of the player's mother.

And the state website shows a judgment was made against the Rush in question in a paternity suit (meaning he is the father and liable for support)

Sad that young people make mistakes and then have to live with it being public knowledge, because of what college team they play for...

Thanks for the info though...

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Just havin' some fun!

C'mon...please tell me you cant be proud of that look for your coach!???

I'd be embarassed if it was my coach.

:)
I don't care what he wears, really.

I'd care if he was a 400 lb fatass, though.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Maybe Huggy can try this one? A white out next year?

http://www.akrondesign.com/foundation/images/items/SaturdayNightFever.jpg

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Sad that young people make mistakes and then have to live with it being public knowledge, because of what college team they play for...

Thanks for the info though...
Pretty funny, actually.

Kinda makes you think about the "Thuggy" label. Pot and kettle kind of situation.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 03:12 PM
I love that the kitties are pointing to the court filing as "proof" that Brandon Rush is a deadbeat. All it proves is that there has been a paternity action filed against a Brandon Rush in court. The fact that a paternity case is filed is not proof that the parent isn't supporting his or her child; it simply means that the child was born out of wedlock. Legally, a paternity case is then required to name the father and mother. Gee, any K-State fan ever have a baby outside the bounds of marriage? If...

and

then the Kitties can say what they want, because he will deserve it. Until y'all have that proof, STFD and STFU.

I posted that info as proof that Rush does indeed appear to have fathered a child. There has been much denial by squawks on the matter, going as far as to say that that was CJ Giles not Rush.

I am not sure where the insinuation that he was a deadbeat dad was, but I'll play along and assume there was something that started it, but I admit not having seen it myself. I think the DBD thing was kind of crass, but then again, it's not quite to the same level as those who started COMPLETELY unfounded rumors that Bill Walker raped a girl.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:12 PM

Easy now, Magino is a heart attack waiting to happen... Any moment he is going to collapse, bounce, injury someone and die...

His time on this planet is short, lets not make fun of him...

DJJasonp
02-20-2007, 03:13 PM

I take it that is in reference to Mangino...

The fat man gets his power from his girth.....the only thing I fear is a mid-game bout with cardiac arrest.

To quote a great SNL skit..

"About how many heart attacks is that????"

"That makes a baker's dozen Bob!"

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Maybe Huggy can try this one? A white out next year?

http://www.akrondesign.com/foundation/images/items/SaturdayNightFever.jpg

I wonder if Bill Self can get a toupee in that style? He'd look justh fantasthic with that open button chest look.

oh wait, that's pretty much what it already looks like isn't it?

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Easy now, Magino is a heart attack waiting to happen... Any moment he is going to collapse, bounce, injury someone and die...

His time on this planet is short, lets not make fun of him...
Or choke to death on a glazed ham, or a chicken bone.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Pretty funny, actually.

Kinda makes you think about the "Thuggy" label. Pot and kettle kind of situation.

Rush is or was and late teen/early 20's kid, They make mistakes...

Teen pregnancies arent life threatening...

Huggins was/is an adult in a very high profile position. Chose to take his and many others lives into his hands while driving drunk...

BIT of a BIG difference there Saul... You cant compare the two..

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 03:15 PM
I take it that is in reference to Mangino...

The fat man gets his power from his girth.....the only thing I fear is a mid-game bout with cardiac arrest.

To quote a great SNL skit..

"About how many heart attacks is that????"

"That makes a baker's dozen Bob!"

mid-game? why so specific....face it:

it could be mid-game, mid-step, mid-donut, mid-grunt, mid-day, mid-week, mid-west.....BUT HE'S BOUND TO BLOW OUT THAT TICKER SOMETIME

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:16 PM
I wonder if Bill Self can get a toupee in that style? He'd look justh fantasthic with that open button chest look.

oh wait, that's pretty much what it already looks like isn't it?

Would be sweet to see Self sporting that out for a game.. I would pay to see it... I think it would be a great joke and charity event for something...

Nice call....

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 03:17 PM

Huggins was/is an adult in a very high profile position. Chose to take his and many others lives into his hands while driving drunk...

I don't think anyone will disagree that it was a horrible decision for Huggins, but it'd be hypocritical to argue that a great number of people on this very board haven't been guilty of a similar choice at some point in their life. Huggs just got caught

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM

My reference was to the kind of kids that play for "Thuggy" and hairhat.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM
mid-game? why so specific....face it:

it could be mid-game, mid-step, mid-donut, mid-grunt, mid-day, mid-week, mid-west.....BUT HE'S BOUND TO BLOW OUT THAT TICKER SOMETIME

I agree, My uncle wants to catch a KU football game this fall. I told him no way, I am scared that Magino will exploded and innocent people will get hurt...

Dude scares me... He really needs to go on a diet!

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't think anyone will disagree that it was a horrible decision for Huggins, but it'd be hypocritical to argue that a great number of people on this very board haven't been guilty of a similar choice at some point in their life. Huggs just got caught

Agree, I think we have all done it...

mikeyis4dcats.

don't undersell it...thats a hairhelmet

Reerun_KC

Follow you....

Hairhat? funny!

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Still I would rather have Hairhat/helmet over Thuggy....

No offense..

Braincase
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM

Yeah, man. Making a baby is an act of love... although it might have been just spontaneous getcher-freaky-on-up game of "Hello Mr. Johnson".

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Still I would rather have Hairhat/helmet over Thuggy....

No offense..
:shrug:

Okay?

Both are great recruiters, both are solid X/O guys. Huggins has just won more games. ;)

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I agree, My uncle wants to catch a KU football game this fall. I told him no way, I am scared that Magino will exploded and innocent people will get hurt...

Dude scares me... He really needs to go on a diet!

everytime I see him on TV, all I can think of is http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/images/be/violet/balloon2.jpg

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
No Sir, I am not..

I posted a follow up for you...

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I posted a follow up for you...

Noticed, it is locked...

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Dude, I am worried about what you guys are doing to Chickens?

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Dude, I am worried about what you guys are doing to Chickens?
Throw them on the court? Are you listening to Kietz or something?

It's been going on for years. Usually they spray paint them blue and throw them on the court.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Noticed, it is locked...

it's like Soviet Russia on phog.net Total informational blackout and a state spin on everything.

In Soviet Russia, thread lock you!

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Throw them on the court? Are you listening to Kietz or something?

It's been going on for years. Usually they spray paint them blue and throw them on the court.

Yeah listening to the Cheerleader today.... I understand it has been going on for years...

I think it is pretty funny myself. But wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt become an issue with the animal lovers at some point..

paint them blue? Nice.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:33 PM
it's like Soviet Russia on phog.net Total informational blackout and a state spin on everything.

In Soviet Russia, thread lock you!

Same on the K-state boards. You disagree that the ref's didnt cost KSU the game? Instant Delete...

Tried posting there several times today and everyone has been deleted within 5 minutes.

hawkchief
02-20-2007, 03:33 PM
:shrug:

Okay?

Both are great recruiters, both are solid X/O guys. Huggins has just won more games. ;)

Don't forget what a great PR guy THuggins is for KSucks to people outside Manhattan, across the country. Quite impressive hire.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Same on the K-state boards. You disagree that the ref's didnt cost KSU the game? Instant Delete...

Tried posting there several times today and everyone has been deleted within 5 minutes.
That board is just as bad if not worst than Phog.net. I avoid it at all costs. I help run the "brand X" board.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Yeah listening to the Cheerleader today.... I understand it has been going on for years...

I think it is pretty funny myself. But wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt become an issue with the animal lovers at some point..

paint them blue? Nice.
It's Kansas. Does PETA even exist out here?

I wonder if they care what Tyson does to their chickens. Surely they wouldn't dare do such a thing like throwing them on a basketball court. :)

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 03:38 PM

which board? Kstatefans is pretty fair in moderation, unless a poster is obviously baiting or being a complete douche. In fact right now there are several posts and threads solely saying the refs weren't the problem.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
which board? Kstatefans is pretty fair in moderation, unless a poster is obviously baiting or being a complete douche. In fact right now there are several posts and threads solely saying the refs weren't the problem.

It was earlier in the day.... No biggie...

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
kstatefans.com is a piece of shit.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:40 PM
That board is just as bad if not worst than Phog.net. I avoid it at all costs. I help run the "brand X" board.

Link?

mikeyis4dcats.
02-20-2007, 03:42 PM

it's not the best, but it's better than gopowercat. I don't mind KSUfans, but for my taste it's too unfocused sometimes. Half the posts sometimes are complete fabrications by both sides just to taunt and goof off.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Link?
http://www.ksufans.com

If I were you, I wouldn't post. You'd get eaten alive.

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:43 PM

Cool thanks, will go check it out...

Reerun_KC
02-20-2007, 03:50 PM

OMG, talking about throwing chickens and shotguns, this is like reading a page out of the movie script for Deliverance...

This site is awesome, I have to sign up...

Thanks Saul....

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 04:54 PM
If KSU suddenly got hot and won every game with KU until they evened up the series, I would be 103 years old. That is why they hired a coach not another school in the nation would touch.

Ari Chi3fs
02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Come on, guys. Let's talk about 24 times in a row at YOUR house. It brings me joy.

ROYC75
02-20-2007, 05:20 PM

Uh Hm, somebody could use a drink . :D

ArrowheadHawk
02-20-2007, 05:46 PM
i just wanted to say that was a great game yesterday, the only thing I don't understand is that if you are going to have a blackout why didn't the team wear their black jerseys? doesn't the home team determine what jerseys they wear?

ArrowheadHawk
02-20-2007, 05:48 PM
one more thing

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dc01b3127cce81ea996aa60d00000016108AaMXDJw1bM0

hawkchief
02-20-2007, 05:50 PM
i just wanted to say that was a great game yesterday, the only thing I don't understand is that if you are going to have a blackout why didn't the team wear their black jerseys? doesn't the home team determine what jerseys they wear?

I'm more curious how they were able to come up with 13,000 pairs of black bib overalls (size XXXXXL), on such short notice.

Thuggins sure looked classy in his slimming blackjack dealer get-up.

ArrowheadHawk
02-20-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm more curious how they were able to come up with 13,000 pairs of black bib overalls (size XXXXXL), on such short notice.

Thuggins sure looked classy in his slimming blackjack dealer get-up.don't hate on huggy he is a PIMP

ROFL

KevB
02-20-2007, 06:08 PM
If KSU suddenly got hot and won every game with KU until they evened up the series, I would be 103 years old. That is why they hired a coach not another school in the nation would touch.

KSU is only 6 games behind KU in the overall series?

KevB
02-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Don't forget what a great PR guy THuggins is for KSucks to people outside Manhattan, across the country. Quite impressive hire.

I was under the impression that he was hired to win basketball games, not be a "PR guy".

KevB
02-20-2007, 06:13 PM
one more thing

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dc01b3127cce81ea996aa60d00000016108AaMXDJw1bM0

That picture is misleading. She heard the theme to the game was "blackout", so she watched the entire game this way.

hawkchief
02-20-2007, 06:17 PM
I was under the impression that he was hired to win basketball games, not be a "PR guy".

At KSU, evidently that's apparently all that matters.

ArrowheadHawk
02-20-2007, 06:51 PM
At KSU, evidently that's apparently all that matters.so it seams

KevB
02-20-2007, 07:44 PM
At KSU, evidently that's apparently all that matters.

Good point, whereas at KU, you and all the other Jayhawk fans really only care about the student athlete and their maturation into well-adjusted members of society. Those meaningless basketball victories are a mere footnote.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Good point, whereas at KU, you and all the other Jayhawk fans really only care about the student athlete and their maturation into well-adjusted members of society.
Hell, they can't even get that right.

Braincase
02-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Hell, they can't even get that right.

Meh. Saul will be back peddling when the next K-Stater gets his name in the paper for the wrong reasons. And it's not a matter of if so much as when.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Meh. Saul will be back peddling when the next K-Stater gets his name in the paper for the wrong reasons. And it's not a matter of if so much as when.
Hell, I think it's already happened. Cartier was busted for smoking weed. Whoop-dee-doo, I just don't like the "our shit doesn't stink atittude" when you have boys from the south side of Chicago on your team.

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Huggins is a bottom feeder. He gets the decent players that are not wanted by most schools for other reasons.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Come on, guys. Let's talk about 24 times in a row at YOUR house. It brings me joy.

What would you like to know about it?

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 08:54 PM

A) Doc Holliday

?????

If he wins games he can go "Bruce Pearl" for all I care.

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 08:54 PM
What would you like to know about it?
Is it as funny to you as it is to me?

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Huggins is a bottom feeder. He gets the decent players that are not wanted by most schools for other reasons.

Let's see:

1) Huggins isn't coming to KSU.

2) Can't recruit to Manhattan.

3) He won't win.

4) If he wins, he'll move on to another gig.

Take another toke, Spicolli.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Is it as funny to you as it is to me?

Yes. And no.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 08:58 PM

No problem. Lzen's FIL will be out there to protest.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 09:00 PM

and

I'm sorry Brandon didn't tell you about the other woman. Finding out by way of a BB can be so harsh.

Just ask Gunther.

CoMoChief
02-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Let's see:

1) Huggins isn't coming to KSU.

2) Can't recruit to Manhattan.

3) He won't win.

4) If he wins, he'll move on to another gig.

Take another toke, Spicolli.

KSU isn't somewhere a coach would want to end his bball coaching career. If he has some success at KSU, some bigger program will pick him up. You can almost count on that.

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm not seeing much of Chiefaroo. Looks like he turned tail and ran away (I would too if I were a WSU fan)

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 09:04 PM
KSU isn't somewhere a coach would want to end his bball coaching career. If he has some success at KSU, some bigger program will pick him up. You can almost count on that.

Huggins had ample opportunity to leave Cinci. He never left.

He's 50+. He stays 8 years and retires.

leviw
02-20-2007, 09:07 PM

He likes the people.

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 09:07 PM

Ample opportunity like when he sat for 7 months and nobody hired him?

CoMoChief
02-20-2007, 09:09 PM

In terms of College Basketball:
Cincy>>>>>>>>>>>>KSU

Wasn't Huggins fired? Because if he was thats different. Had he not been fired I'm pretty sure he would have stayed there until he retired.

I'm sure he coaches more than 8 seasons given he has good health. He won't be at KSU in 8 seasons though.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 09:14 PM
KSU isn't somewhere a coach would want to end his bball coaching career.
Neither is KU.

Quick, name the last coach to retire at KU.

Braincase
02-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Hell, I think it's already happened. Cartier was busted for smoking weed. Whoop-dee-doo, I just don't like the "our shit doesn't stink atittude" when you have boys from the south side of Chicago on your team.

I never said the shit @ KU doesn't stink. It's just more fertile than the stuff at KSU's barn. :)

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I never said the shit @ KU doesn't stink. It's just more fertile than the stuff at KSU's barn. :)
Not until we get our boy Tyree Evans. ;)

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Don't get in a shit slinging contest with Saul and William, Braincase. They have way more shit than we do. They have barns full of it. The campus smells like it.

CoMoChief
02-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Neither is KU.

Yes it is, and about 95% of all basketball coaches in the NCAA will tell you that. The same goes with UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

Ted Owens - Did he coach somewhere else after KU? I dont remember I'm not old enough.

Larry Brown - I wouldnt count Larry Brown because we can all agree that he has never stayed anywhere during his career.

Roy Williams - UNC is the only job he would have left KU for. He did it because his family is out there and he couldnt tell Dean Smith "no" twice. This wasn't a basketball issue. UNC is in that group of elite programs and it just happened that his alma mater was UNC.

Bill Self - The only way Self leaves KU is if he gets fired.

CoMoChief
02-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Don't get in a shit slinging contest with Saul and William, Braincase. They have way more shit than we do. They have barns full of it. The campus smells like it.

Manhattan does smell like a turd covered in burnt hair.

hawkchief
02-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Neither is KU.

Let's see genius, how do the names James Naismith and Phog Allen work for you. Only two of the most famous names in college hoops.

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes it is, and about 95% of all basketball coaches in the NCAA will tell you that. The same goes with UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kentucky, and a few others I can't think of at the moment.

Ted Owens - Did he coach somewhere else after KU? I dont remember I'm not old enough.

Larry Brown - I wouldnt count Larry Brown because we can all agree that he has never stayed anywhere during his career.

Roy Williams - UNC is the only job he would have left KU for. He did it because his family is out there and he couldnt tell Dean Smith "no" twice. This wasn't a basketball issue. UNC is in that group of elite programs and it just happened that his alma mater was UNC.

Bill Self - The only way Self leaves KU is if he gets fired.Ted Owens coached at Oral Roberts after KU. He was awful.

KevB
02-20-2007, 09:31 PM

I realize you're probably just trying to get a rise out of people, but that's one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this board....and that's saying something.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 09:32 PM

The answer is Phog Allen.

I thought it was the end all be all of all college basketball jobs? Larry got the program put on probation and left, and Roy left for a bigger and better job.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Ample opportunity like when he sat for 7 months and nobody hired him?

You seem extremely fixated on this portion of his career.

Do you know when he was fired?

KevB
02-20-2007, 09:34 PM

Funny, people said the same thing about Bill Snyder once upon a time...

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 09:34 PM

Now that's gold.

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Neither is KU.

Although no coach has retired from KU recently, Bill Self is only the eighth coach KU has ever had. In more than 100 years. If you're going to tell the story, Saul, tell the WHOLE story.

CoMoChief
02-20-2007, 09:37 PM

I thought it was the end all be all of all college basketball jobs? Larry got the program put on probation and left, and Roy left for a bigger and better job.

I'd guarantee he wouldn't have left KU for UNC if that wasn't his alma mater.

CoMoChief
02-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Funny, people said the same thing about Bill Snyder once upon a time...

Funny, this isn't football and Snyder is old as shit.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I'd guarantee he wouldn't have left KU for UNC if that wasn't his alma mater.
What if his alma mater was KU? Didn't seem to matter to another famous head coach...

CoMoChief
02-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Now that's gold.

It's true though. Larry Brown has been known to coach a team for a couple of years then moves on to something different, not necessarily a better job either.

KevB
02-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Funny, this isn't football and Snyder is old as shit.

You really don't understand the parallel? Snyder was a hot commodity back in the '90s (when he wasn't "old as shit" as you so eloquently stated) on a team w/ much less tradition in football than they have in basketball.

The KSU football program wasn't considered a destination job, but Snyder fell in love with the city and people, so he stayed. As Leviw mentioned below, Hugs really likes the people. Can you connect the dots?

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 09:43 PM
It's true though. Larry Brown has been known to coach a team for a couple of years then moves on to something different, not necessarily a better job either.

I'm well aware of Larry Brown's history. It's just funny as hell that you try to make a point about coaches staying/retiring, and trying not to use Brown.

KevB
02-20-2007, 09:43 PM

Hmm, I had no idea that's the book on LB.

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 09:44 PM
What if his alma mater was KU? Didn't seem to matter to another famous head coach...
Except KU wouldn't hire that guy KU alum or not.

CoMoChief
02-20-2007, 09:45 PM

If it was KU then Roy would have stayed at KU. Roy was quoted many times stating that UNC was the ONLY job on this planet he would have left KU for.

Did KU ever offer a job to Smith? You would seem to think so. But I'm not saying that UNC isn't a mecca program because it is. I'm just saying that Roy would have stayed at KU until retirement if Smith didn't ask him to come back to coach his alma mater. It was a loyalty issue, not a bball issue. Remember Roy rejected that job once before, but Roy couldnt say no twice to Big Poppa Smith.

CoMoChief
02-20-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm well aware of Larry Brown's history. It's just funny as hell that you try to make a point about coaches staying/retiring, and trying not to use Brown.

Maybe it's because he's never been able to make up his mind on his career ever since he started coaching.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Except KU wouldn't hire that guy KU alum or not.
That seemed to work out well.

leviw
02-20-2007, 09:54 PM
If it was KU then Roy would have stayed at KU. Roy was quoted many times stating that UNC was the ONLY job on this planet he would have left KU for.

Did KU ever offer a job to Smith? You would seem to think so. But I'm not saying that UNC isn't a mecca program because it is. I'm just saying that Roy would have stayed at KU until retirement if Smith didn't ask him to come back to coach his alma mater. It was a loyalty issue, not a bball issue. Remember Roy rejected that job once before, but Roy couldnt say no twice to Big Poppa Smith.

Roy's head is so far up Dean's ass, it's not even hetero.

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
That seemed to work out well.
I'd rather talk about Kansas A&M's dismal failure as a sports school.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 10:01 PM
You seem extremely fixated on this portion of his career.

Do you know when he was fired?

Spiccoli, are you going to answer?

Braincase
02-20-2007, 10:04 PM

They were naming the freakin' arena after him Saul... gees...

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Spiccoli, are you going to answer?
Do you talk to yourself often? You may want to seek professional help.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Do you talk to yourself often? You may want to seek professional help.

I knew that would get your attention. So, I'll ask you again. Why do you think Huggins sat idle for 7 months?

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 10:23 PM
I knew that would get your attention. So, I'll ask you again. Why do you think Huggins sat idle for 7 months?
Because he did. Even Mizzou passed on him. Where were you when we talked about this when KSU hired him?

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Because he did. Even Mizzou passed on him. Where were you when we talked about this when KSU hired him?

Because he did? Why, that's brilliant. You must have a psych. degree from Kansas.

ChiTown
02-20-2007, 11:14 PM
I'll trust my knowledge and sources on this sort of thing over any KU guy that "thinks" he knows what he's talking about. You're praying that Huggins leaves for somewhere else. But, in the back of your mind, you know he's going to be here for a long time.

Let me just finish with this. There is a small contingent of KSU supporters (and HUGE Bob Huggins fans, I might add) that have been assembled by the KSU AD. They will make it financially possible for Huggs to stick around in Manhattan until he retires, if he should so choose. In other words, if this thing (in the future) comes down to economics, that issue is already being addressed and properly funded. He loves the town, the people, the administration and the Program. So, you can stop concerning yourselves with Huggs leaving because it's too "small-time" for him.

If you are actually interested in knowing the "facts" over guessing and making up BS, please feel free to ask. I'm always here to help enlighten the misguided KU fans. ;)

ROYC75
02-20-2007, 11:29 PM
I'll trust my knowledge and sources on this sort of thing over any KU guy that "thinks" he knows what he's talking about. You're praying that Huggins leaves for somewhere else. But, in the back of your mind, you know he's going to be here for a long time.

Let me just finish with this. There is a small contingent of KSU supporters (and HUGE Bob Huggins fans, I might add) that have been assembled by the KSU AD. They will make it financially possible for Huggs to stick around in Manhattan until he retires, if he should so choose. In other words, if this thing (in the future) comes down to economics, that issue is already being addressed and properly funded. He loves the town, the people, the administration and the Program. So, you can stop concerning yourselves with Huggs leaving because it's too "small-time" for him.

If you are actually interested in knowing the "facts" over guessing and making up BS, please feel free to ask. I'm always here to help enlighten the misguided KU fans. ;)

Shit, I want him to do well, we need the toughness of our league games to get ready for the Big Dance each year.

CoMoChief
02-20-2007, 11:30 PM

Nobody is praying that Huggins will leave. I could care less whether he stays or leaves. Having that said I think he will leave for a bigger and better program with bigger boosters ect.

ChiTown
02-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Nobody is praying that Huggins will leave. I could care less whether he stays or leaves. Having that said I think he will leave for a bigger and better program with bigger boosters ect.

Hey now! You had an opportunity to be enlightened and you chose ignorance. You silly KU fans...........

Mr. Plow
02-20-2007, 11:57 PM
I'd like to see the Big 12 overall improve. But I'd like to see the most improvement out of the North.

It hurts to say, but I see KSU being a big part of that with Huggins at the helm. The Kitties, I thought, looked decent last night - I did not see the game in Lawrence. I was surprised to see the conference win total so high for them. They desperately need some sort of inside presence. If they had that, I think they would have won last night.

hawkchief
02-21-2007, 07:41 AM

I highly doubt a quality program would want Thuggins as the face of their program.

Skip Towne
02-21-2007, 07:57 AM
I highly doubt a quality program would want Thuggins as the face of their program.
I agree. Nobody but K-State would hire him while he was unemployed for 7 months.

Saulbadguy
02-21-2007, 08:09 AM
I agree. Nobody but K-State would hire him while he was unemployed for 7 months.
Thank goodness they didn't!

ChiTown
02-21-2007, 08:38 AM

Did you have a head injury or are you just naturally retarded?

Saulbadguy
02-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Anyone going to the Michael Beasley showcase on Sunday?

I've been reading some things and heard Notre Dame Prep isn't running the offense through him to try to showcase the other kids abilities as well. I hope they change that on Sunday and run it all through him.

ChiTown
02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Anyone going to the Michael Beasley showcase on Sunday?

I've been reading some things and heard Notre Dame Prep isn't running the offense through him to try to showcase the other kids abilities as well. I hope they change that on Sunday and run it all through him.

I've got tickets, but I'm on hold as to whether I will be able to go. My son is playing in a BBall tourney this weekend. If they win out on Saturday, they would play in the Championship on Sunday afternoon.

It's a kiss me, kick me sort of thing.....

mikeyis4dcats.
02-21-2007, 09:10 AM

that's almost a lock in a couple of years

Brock
02-21-2007, 09:18 AM
that's almost a lock in a couple of years

Along with your children being born wall-eyed.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Along with your children being born wall-eyed.

why...are you suggesting you want to have my children?

Lzen
02-21-2007, 10:25 AM
No problem. Lzen's FIL will be out there to protest.

Damn, you have a memory like an elephant. Funny thing is I was giving him crap about that the other night when the wife and I were over at his house watching the game. He won't outright admit it, but I think he's warmed up to Huggins. Hey, what can you say? The guy can flat out recruit and coach.

Lzen
02-21-2007, 10:30 AM

Really, Saul? You aren't this dumb. Are you? Roy would not have left for any other job in the country. As has been pointed out, Roy only left because UNC was his home and he still had family back there.

milmil13
02-21-2007, 10:41 AM
I can't wait till Beilein is done at West Virginia, opening the door for Huggins to go back home and coach. Don't get me wrong, Huggins is great for K-State basketball, but how long is he really going to be there?

Lzen
02-21-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm not seeing much of Chiefaroo. Looks like he turned tail and ran away (I would too if I were a WSU fan)

Any bets on how quickly he will show up if or when KU loses another game this year?

Saulbadguy
02-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Really, Saul? You aren't this dumb. Are you? Roy would not have left for any other job in the country. As has been pointed out, Roy only left because UNC was his home and he still had family back there.
No, but it is fun to **** with "CoMoKaunSucksChief"

Saulbadguy
02-21-2007, 10:45 AM
I can't wait till Beilein is done at West Virginia, opening the door for Huggins to go back home and coach. Don't get me wrong, Huggins is great for K-State basketball, but how long is he really going to be there?
He had the same opportunity at UC and turned it down.

Not saying KSU is better than UC, but he has alot more support by the administration than he ever did at UC, and the fan support is coming...quickly. I don't see him leaving, and he has said himself this is his last job.

milmil13
02-21-2007, 10:46 AM
So do you think he would turn down the opportunity to go back to West Virginia, if he can turn K-State into a real competitor?

Saulbadguy
02-21-2007, 10:48 AM
So do you think he would turn down the opportunity to go back to West Virginia, if he can turn K-State into a real competitor?
In my eyes, he has already turned them in to a competitor. Barring a complete meltdown, I think we will be in the Tourney..hence, competing for the title. Now i'm nowhere delusional enough to think we will even sniff the Sweet Sixteen, but we should be in the mix.

Besides, where is Beilein going? Didn't he just sign an extension?

milmil13
02-21-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not saying he is going anywhere, I'm just saying if the opportunity arises for him to go to W. Virginia would he take it. I would agree also that they have become a competitor, but then need to learn to play in the post.

Lzen
02-21-2007, 10:51 AM

Heh heh, I had a feeling that's what you were doing. Carry on.

Saulbadguy
02-21-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm not saying he is going anywhere, I'm just saying if the opportunity arises for him to go to W. Virginia would he take it. I would agree also that they have become a competitor, but then need to learn to play in the post.
Well, the answer is no, then.

Lzen
02-21-2007, 10:54 AM
He had the same opportunity at UC and turned it down.

Not saying KSU is better than UC, but he has alot more support by the administration than he ever did at UC, and the fan support is coming...quickly. I don't see him leaving, and he has said himself this is his last job.

I'm not saying Huggins won't stay at KSU. He probably will be there for a few years. But wouldn't it be funny if he left KSU (after stating that he would stay at KSU until he retires) to go coach his alma mater? Roy told us he would never leave KU. I guess he just couldn't resist the Dean.

Saulbadguy
02-21-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm not saying Huggins won't stay at KSU. He probably will be there for a few years. But wouldn't it be funny if he left KSU after stating that he would stay to go coach his alma mater? Roy told us he would never leave KU. I guess he just couldn't resist the Dean.
It wouldn't be funny, it would suck. But i'm not worried about it, really.

CoMoChief
02-21-2007, 11:11 AM

LOL

Kaun does suck!!!

ROYC75
02-21-2007, 11:15 AM
It wouldn't be funny, it would suck. But i'm not worried about it, really.

Beer 30 ?