PDA

View Full Version : Best Dolt fan reactions to Norv's hiring

BigRock
02-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Possibly the best reaction is that the message board on the official Chargers site has a petition against hiring Norv.

http://www.petitiononline.com/norv/petition.html LMAO

And a poll there has a 90% "no" vote in asking if people think the hire is a good idea. Feel free to add any good lines you see!

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOooooooooo! :( :( :( :(

God I feel I'm gonna be sick!!!!

Hiring Norv Turner only makes sense if A.J. Smith has a lot of money invested in Norv Turner effigies.

Oh god I feel sick. I need to gather myself here for a second......Im not liking this right now but I have no choice but to give it a chance(if all this is true). Im going to focus on the positives. Take Rivers for example, this should benefit him the most. I can see Rivers really taking it to another level with Norv running the show. Okay I was going to list some more positives but Im not feeling so good again....oh god!

I cant believe we could end up with Cotrell as DC. With all the bright young defensive minds around the NFL, including the ones that were interviewed for HC we could end up with Cotrell in charger of a young Charger defense with so much potential. What a waste.

I thought we were trying to IMPROVE the head coaching position..

I seriously might be ill. Norv Turner, looks like a nice guy. About as inspiring as soggy dog poop. Hello, what a tired, retreaded, been-there-done-that, abysmal failure of a HC as a choice. Unbelievable. If AJ is such a genius, how do you figure this? You have great guys like singletary, Rex Ryan, ron rivera (the last two coached, you know, OK defenses last year), and you wind up with Norv freakin turner? It's like being able to choose any car in the world you want and you pick a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with duct tape holding the door on.

Woopty doo. Troy Aikman had him give his HOF speech. Walter Payton's son gave his acceptance speech...should we give young twenty something year old Jarret Payton an interview on Monday too? I'll let Norv's 59-82 career record be the judge of him

Jerry Rice in his book described Norv as guy who couldn't control the players, and not a good authority figure.

It's a good thing I hadn't had breakfast yet when I heard this litle tidbit on ESPN Radio.

This is an absolutely HORRIBLE decision. I am seriously thinking about canceling my season tickets in protest. What a dumb dumb dumb move.

Norv Turner can kiss my left nut.

I think you guys should give Norv another chance. He is a GREAT coach.

Signed
Mike Shanahan
Head Coach
Denver Broncos

I agree with Mike! Give the guy a chance.

Signed
Herm Edwards
Head Coach
Kansas City Chiefs

Yes, biggest mistake I have ever made was firing Norv Turner. I give you my unqualified support of Norv.

Signed
Al Davis
Oakland Raiders

LMAO LMAO LMAO

tk13
02-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Man, that's too bad, they've lost all their season ticket holders.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-19-2007, 12:22 PM
And beach volley ball returns as king of Sunday afternoons

BigRock
02-19-2007, 12:22 PM
BRING BACK MARTY!!!!!

OH please no. If there is a football god say no to Norv. I don't like this, please let it be really bad reporting.

I have a huge sicking knot in my stomach. Oh man this may really suck !!!

Plunk! Plunk! Plunge! Plunk! Plunk! Woosh! Plunk! Woosh! Plunk!

That's the sound of Charger fans jumping off the Coronado Bridge!

So much for those that siad Spanos and A.J. had a "master plan" when they fired Marty.

OH the raider fans must be so happy. Wait I bet the whole AFC is happy !!!!!! I bet they will drive us to the bridge and watch us jump off.

This dull sad sack of a coach is going to bore us to death. I'm envisioning a 9-7 season, and January at home, next year with Norv.

What a JOKE!!!!!!!

Norv's been our coach for 10 minutes and already the ambivalence is settling in.

What's next? Ryan Leaf for QB's coach??

The domain name www<dot>fireAJSmith.com is still available. Is someone with some web design skills willing to take up the banner?

CoMoChief
02-19-2007, 12:24 PM
i cant believe SD would do that.

AJ Smith is a moron. Marty was a good coach.

DMAC
02-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Eh, they have only been fans for a year or two.

They will get over it.

InChiefsHell
02-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Well, see ya later Dolt fans...we hardly knew ya...

REDHOTGTO
02-19-2007, 12:49 PM
now they know how i felt when the chiefs hired germ :banghead:

Thig Lyfe
02-19-2007, 01:00 PM
That's great! I want to see some reactions on YouTube, ala that video of Chiefs fans reacting to the Tamba Hali pick.

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Well that looks like the ChiefsPlanet when Carl annouced the hire of Herm...

They realized they are completely F*cked now... It took most of us a year to realize we are totally f*cked.

HemiEd
02-19-2007, 01:30 PM

ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Herm wasn't my first choice for HC either but explain to me how the Chiefs are totally ****ed when he got them to the playoffs in his first year.

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Herm wasn't my first choice for HC either but explain to me how the Chiefs are totally ****ed when he got them to the playoffs in his first year.

HE KILLED THE OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deevee:

StcChief
02-19-2007, 01:44 PM
excellent....but It never left. ROFL

Surfs UP DUDE.

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM

Herm got them to the playoffs? That is news. How about the most improbable sunday in the history of the NFL had to happen for the Chiefs to make it to the playoffs...

Then watch Herm totally face plant the offense in the Playoffs...

You Cheer for him if you like, I will continue to pile on his every mistake...

|Zach|
02-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Herm got them to the playoffs? That is news. How about the most improbable sunday in the history of the NFL had to happen for the Chiefs to make it to the playoffs...

The playoffs are only decided it one week of play?

Someone should have made a thread.

Those other teams going against us had to win and they didn't. We won.

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 01:53 PM

A lesser coach wouldn't have even had the Chiefs in that position considering all the injuries/retirements. Herm did a good job this year.

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 01:54 PM
The playoffs are only decided it one week of play?

Someone should have made a thread.

Those other teams going against us had to win and they didn't. We won.

Agree Zach, But it is no secret here, I cant stand Herm, thought he was a complete moron and tool bag in NYJ...

I have said it before, I wont give him a fair shake regardless of what he does. Like I told Htismaqe, I will gladly eat crow for an AFC Championship Game or Superbowl appearance. But History and Herm like to repeat themselves, so I am not worried about bellying up to the table for a plate of BBQ Crow and Beer...

Herm is a joke and I will be here leading the charge when you guys decided that his sorry act is wore out, Just let me know when you are ready to run him out of town...

The Bad Guy
02-19-2007, 01:55 PM

They realized they are completely F*cked now... It took most of us a year to realize we are totally f*cked.

Does your world revolve around making posts about Herm Edwards?

The Bad Guy
02-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Agree Zach, But it is no secret here, I cant stand Herm, thought he was a complete moron and tool bag in NYJ...

I have said it before, I wont give him a fair shake regardless of what he does. Like I told Htismaqe, I will gladly eat crow for an AFC Championship Game or Superbowl appearance. But History and Herm like to repeat themselves, so I am not worried about bellying up to the table for a plate of BBQ Crow and Beer...

Herm is a joke and I will be here leading the charge when you guys decided that his sorry act is wore out, Just let me know when you are ready to run him out of town...

See, here is the problem I have with fans like you.

If he doesn't accomplish that goal, you will pound your chest, flood the board with your anti-Herm tripe like you always do.

If we win the SB or go to the SB with Herm, no one will give a flying **** what you said about him because everyone will be too happy to care.

So it's a win/win for you.

Why even root for the team if you're going to root for the HC to constantly fail in just his 2nd year?

Skip Towne
02-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Man, this is great!! It's like watching Mizzou hire Jim Woolridge as BB coach.

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 02:02 PM
See, here is the problem I have with fans like you.

If he doesn't accomplish that goal, you will pound your chest, flood the board with your anti-Herm tripe like you always do.

If we win the SB or go to the SB with Herm, no one will give a flying **** what you said about him because everyone will be too happy to care.

So it's a win/win for you.

Why even root for the team if you're going to root for the HC to constantly fail in just his 2nd year?

I have rooted for them since 1987, I guess it is just family tradition. But I didnt renew my Sunday Ticket for the coming 07 Season... For the first time since Sunday Ticket was created... I havent missed a Chiefs game in years... Even went to away games, fyi....

BTW, Herm has coached alot longer than 2 years, not my fault he is a career coach who hovers around .500....

Also, Win or lose, I will be a happy Chiefs fan when he is gone, regardless of the superbowl or not. Is that better?

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Does your world revolve around making posts about Herm Edwards?

Actually my world revolves around my two kids... I just tea-bag on Herm to watch all you guys come and defend theSavior...

It is pretty funny and gives me something to do when I am bored at work...

Thanks for asking though.

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 02:07 PM
If we win the SB or go to the SB with Herm

That is about as funny as saying Marty will win a Superbowl...

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Actually my world revolves around my two kids... I just tea-bag on Herm to watch all you guys come and defend theSavior...

It is pretty funny and gives me something to do when I am bored at work...

Thanks for asking though.

I've told you this before, but for whatever reason you don't like to listen...

What you like to call "defending" Herm is actually people ATTACKING you for acting like a monotonous retard.

ck_IN
02-19-2007, 02:12 PM
<i>I wont give him a fair shake regardless of what he does.</i>

Wow, and people thought my hate for DV was over the top!

I too think Herm was a mistake but we did get to the playoffs in his first year and he has to spend some time de-DVing this team so I'll cut him some slack for now.

Actually I was hoping they would hire Martz. It would've taken him a few years to self destruct that team. Them hiring Turner is like Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving all rolled into one! It's great news for the Chiefs and the Colts. Now if only New England would do something similar. :cuss:

Mile High Mania
Replace a guy that won over 200 games with someone that hasn't won 60 in 9 years as a head coach at various places (a mere 59).

But, Norv does have a better playoff percentage... he's 1 and 1. So, yeah ... they've upgraded there.

Reerun_KC
I've told you this before, but for whatever reason you don't like to listen...

What you like to call "defending" Herm is actually people ATTACKING you for acting like a monotonous retard.

I dont do well with listening... Sorry.

Besides if you get worked up and pissed about what someone types on ChiefsPlanet, then you need to check yourself and seek therapy...

Lets get together and have a beer. Come on guys, I will buy the first round.

King_Chief_Fan
02-19-2007, 02:14 PM
I wont give him a fair shake regardless of what he does.

Wow, and people thought my hate for DV was over the top!

I too think Herm was a mistake but we did get to the playoffs in his first year and he has to spend some time de-DVing this team so I'll cut him some slack for now.

Actually I was hoping they would hire Martz. It would've taken him a few years to self destruct that team. Them hiring Turner is like Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving all rolled into one! It's great news for the Chiefs and the Colts. Now if only New England would do something similar. :cuss:

truer words have yet to be spoken here. He de-DVed the offense o.k.
Herm gets about as much credit getting this team to the playoffs as Trent Green does.

ChiefButthurt
02-19-2007, 02:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, The west just got easier for the Chiefs.

The Bad Guy
02-19-2007, 02:16 PM
I have rooted for them since 1987, I guess it is just family tradition. But I didnt renew my Sunday Ticket for the coming 07 Season... For the first time since Sunday Ticket was created... I havent missed a Chiefs game in years... Even went to away games, fyi....

BTW, Herm has coached alot longer than 2 years, not my fault he is a career coach who hovers around .500....

Also, Win or lose, I will be a happy Chiefs fan when he is gone, regardless of the superbowl or not. Is that better?

That's pathetic.

That's what it is.

Vermeil was around 500 too. Did you want him run out of town?

Herm has not coached the Chiefs longer than 2 years. I don't give a shit what he did with the Jets.

The fact you let your hatred for a head coach ruin your football experience tells me you're just a miserable SOB in life.

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
truer words have yet to be spoken here. He de-DVed the offense o.k.

Yep it's all Herm. Green missing the most of the season, 4 different tackles, a banged up Waters, no WRs, and Shields being half player he used to be had nothing to do with it.

ck_IN
02-19-2007, 02:21 PM
<i>Vermeil was around 500 too. Did you want him run out of town? </i>

Yes! On a rail!

<i>He de-DVed the offense o.k.</i>

I don't want to turn this into another 'CK bashes DV thread' but DV built a hollow team. It was all based on a win now and to hell with later mindset. With Roaf leaving and Shields being a shadow of himself this offense would've tanked regardless. Herm just happened to be the guy that stepped into it.

Will he improve things? I have my doubts but I'll give him time to cut out the whiny, cry baby, soft as a baby butt culture DV put in place and get some talent that doesn't require a walker.

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 02:22 PM
That's pathetic.

That's what it is.

Vermeil was around 500 too. Did you want him run out of town?

Herm has not coached the Chiefs longer than 2 years. I don't give a shit what he did with the Jets.

The fact you let your hatred for a head coach ruin your football experience tells me you're just a miserable SOB in life.

Actually my mother is not a Bitch, sorry to disappoint you. I gave DV alittle more slack than Herm, DV proved he could build a superbowl team. Sorry he didnt do it here, but he was proven... Herm? He has proved he is Marty...

Miserable SOB? Wow, for someone that has never met me, that is sure a strong opinion of someone based on a disagreement on a message board.

Actually, I am stoked, I have one year left until I finish my BS Degree, Should be flying for an airline in the Fall of 08... 2 great awesome kids and been married to my HS sweetheart for 15 + years... Thanks for the concern, but I am living the American Dream...

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Yep it's all Herm. Green missing the most of the season, 4 different tackles, a banged up Waters, no WRs, and Shields being half player he used to be had nothing to do with it.

True but you can't deny that Herm didn't change the offense because he has admitted as much.

He should have followed his best friend Tony Dungy's lead and not **** with what works.

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 02:23 PM
<i>Vermeil was around 500 too. Did you want him run out of town? </i>

Yes! On a rail!

<i>He de-DVed the offense o.k.</i>

I don't want to turn this into another 'CK bashes DV thread' but DV built a hollow team. It was all based on a win now and to hell with later mindset. With Roaf leaving and Shields being a shadow of himself this offense would've tanked regardless. Herm just happened to be the guy that stepped into it.

Will he improve things? I have my doubts but I'll give him time to cut out the whiny, cry baby, soft as a baby butt culture DV put in place and get some talent that doesn't require a walker.

Nice Post! Rep!

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 02:25 PM
True but you can't deny that Herm didn't change the offense because he has admitted as much.

He should have followed his best friend Tony Dungy's lead and not **** with what works.

Regardless of Herm ****ing with what worked or not, But both Carl and Herm burried their heads in the sand and left us raped at LT....

If Herm didnt buttsex the offense, we would of went through 4+ QB's last year...

banyon
02-19-2007, 02:28 PM
It's like being able to choose any car in the world you want and you pick a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with duct tape holding the door on.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Regardless of Herm ****ing with what worked or not, But both Carl and Herm burried their heads in the sand and left us raped at LT....

If Herm didnt buttsex the offense, we would of went through 4+ QB's last year...

No question that CP didn't plan for the future at LT or if he did he sorely misjudged some talent.

With that being said they should have gone back at looked at last years tape and see what they did when Roaf was gone for 6 games.

I don't remember them pressuring the QB much in '05 when Roaf was gone but I could be wrong.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-19-2007, 02:30 PM
HE KILLED THE OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deevee:
I'm sure Trent being out much of the year and Willie Roaf being gone had nothing to do with it.

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 02:30 PM

I know he did but how could he not? An offense is only as good as the line and the Chiefs line was one of the worst in the NFL. The Chiefs had one strength and it was the power running game. Herm used it and I don't blame him for it; hell he got 9 wins out of it.

If in year 3 and 4 the Chiefs are still in run, run, pass mode then I complain like everyone else.

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 02:31 PM
The fact you let your hatred for a head coach ruin your football experience.

Actually I finally live back in the midwest, so most of the games where on Locals last fall and the ones that arent, I will just drive up to Parsons KS and watch them with my uncle's...

No need to spend the money for something that I wont hardly use...

I just threw that in there to kick the sand at you....

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm sure Trent being out much of the year and Willie Roaf being gone had nothing to do with it.

I was playing the role of Reerun and Fringe. See my other posts in this thread.

Skip Towne
02-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Replace a guy that won over 200 games with someone that hasn't won 60 in 9 years as a head coach at various places (a mere 59).

But, Norv does have a better playoff percentage... he's 1 and 1. So, yeah ... they've upgraded there.
I wonder how long it will take Norv to de-Martify the Chargers. I hope he gets started right away.

HemiEd
02-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I wonder how long it will take Norv to de-Martify the Chargers. I hope he gets started right away.

so Skip, how do you feel about this? You switched after the Cleveland game right?

Skip Towne
02-19-2007, 02:42 PM
so Skip, how do you feel about this? You switched after the Cleveland game right?
Yep. But I jumped off the Charger bandwagon before it stopped rolling. I'm a Marty fan really. Not a Charger fan.

The Bad Guy
02-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Actually I finally live back in the midwest, so most of the games where on Locals last fall and the ones that arent, I will just drive up to Parsons KS and watch them with my uncle's...

No need to spend the money for something that I wont hardly use...

I just threw that in there to kick the sand at you....

How can you kick sand when your head is constantly buried in it?

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 02:55 PM
How can you kick sand when your head is constantly buried in it?

Its not easy, but very funny as well...

I would say try it, but your unconditional love for Herm is close enough.

HemiEd
02-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Yep. But I jumped off the Charger bandwagon before it stopped rolling. I'm a Marty fan really. Not a Charger fan.

Damn that was a short ride, welcome back.

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Damn that was a short ride, welcome back.

Skip is use to short rides....

King_Chief_Fan
02-19-2007, 03:01 PM

And didn't we hear him how many times say that he hasn't changed the offense? Herm denied it. But we all know he did.

Buck
02-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Heres my reaction: Meh.

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 03:11 PM
And didn't we hear him how many times say that he hasn't changed the offense? Herm denied it. But we all know he did.

Technically the offense is the same it's just called different due to Solari, Herm, and the personel.

When Herm got the job I honestly don't think he wanted to change it but alot of things changed between then and now.

Buck
02-19-2007, 03:15 PM
http://i2.chargers.com/assets/172/32316.jpg
"I'm the new coach of the Chargers. My Goal is to reach a 2nd playoff game this year."

Fruit Ninja
02-19-2007, 03:16 PM

you realized it, not me. i actually like Herm. Herm can be sucessful soon as he realizes not to run the clock out at 15.00 to go in the first quarter lol

Fruit Ninja
02-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Technically the offense is the same it's just called different due to Solari, Herm, and the personel.

When Herm got the job I honestly don't think he wanted to change it but alot of things changed between then and now.
Yep, our Offenslive line was horrible, He had no choice but to play conservative. Just take alook at how many sacks we gave up. Oline was that bad.

King_Chief_Fan
02-19-2007, 03:22 PM

I can buy that. He changed how the offense was run. They have a 5 inch binder full of plays and he chose about 4 plays out of the book to use. I guess we can say he change the offensive philosophy.

My favorite philosophy is the "you don't try to outscore your opponent on the road" one.

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 03:24 PM
My favorite philosophy is the "you don't try to outscore your opponent on the road" one.

Find me a coach that wants to get into a shootout on the road.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:24 PM

Dick Vermeil.

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 03:27 PM

Mike Martz.....

Wait they have both coached in superbowls....

Why hasnt Marty and Herm?

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Mike Martz.....

NFC West <<<<< AFC East and AFC West

Reerun_KC
02-19-2007, 03:29 PM
NFC West <<<<< AFC East and AFC West

Damn, Good point.

Bill Parcells
02-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Yep, our Offenslive line was horrible, He had no choice but to play conservative. Just take alook at how many sacks we gave up. Oline was that bad.
It's more about being predictable rather than being conservative..the Chiefs didn't try anything different until they were behind by more than 2 scores late in the 3rd quarter(all they did was spread them out and did more play action)..and then they zoomed down the field to score a touchdown..then,thats when Herm said ''we can't block them'' in obvious passing situations..I saw no play action passing until they were behind late in the 3rd quarter of that game..so..Herm or the OC(whatever) put the Chiefs in a position to where ''they couldn't block them''.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:43 PM
It's more about being predictable rather than being conservative..the Chiefs didn't try anything different until they were behind by more than 2 scores late in the 3rd quarter(all they did was spread them out and did more play action)..and then they zoomed down the field to score a touchdown..then,thats when Herm said ''we can't block them'' in obvious passing situations..I saw no play action passing until they were behind late in the 3rd quarter of that game..so..Herm or the OC(whatever) put the Chiefs in a position to where ''they couldn't block them''.

Playaction passes only work when the other is reacting to the run. Indy's base defense had Sanders in the box, so running playaction probably wouldn't have been the panacea it's being made out to be...

Bill Parcells
02-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Playaction passes only work when the other is reacting to the run. Indy's base defense had Sanders in the box, so running playaction probably wouldn't have been the panacea it's being made out to be...
It worked when they got behind by more than 2 scores late in the 3rd quarter(they were still in the base defense until the Chiefs spread them out)..they had Gonzalez running routes instead of blocking and the Chiefs went right down the field..and..if you supposedly can't block these guys head on(which I've heard hundreds of times),why run right into a 9 man wall?We all know that didn't work.

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 03:53 PM

It wasn't just run, run, pass, punt like everyone makes it out to be. The Chiefs tried to throw early on half of its 1st half series and that didn't work either.

Was it a great gameplan? No

Was it executed well? No

The players deserve as much of the blame as Herm.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20070106_KC@IND

2nd series

1-10-KC17 (8:34) T.Green pass short right to T.Gonzalez to KC 21 for 4 yards (N.Harper, C.June).
2-6-KC21 (7:57) L.Johnson up the middle to KC 22 for 1 yard (A.McFarland, G.Brackett).
3-5-KC22 (7:18) T.Green pass incomplete short left to E.Kennison.
4-5-KC22 (7:13) D.Colquitt punts 47 yards to IND 31, Center-K.Gammon, out of bounds.

5th series

1-10-KC14 (6:23) T.Green pass incomplete short left to T.Gonzalez.
2-10-KC14 (6:18) D.Hall right end to KC 22 for 8 yards (M.Jackson).
3-2-KC22 (5:34) T.Green pass incomplete short right to D.Hall.
4-2-KC22 (5:27) D.Colquitt punts 66 yards to IND 12, Center-K.Gammon. T.Wilkins to IND 31 for 19 yards (K.Fox).

6th series

1-10-KC14 (1:40) T.Green pass incomplete short right to T.Gonzalez (G.Brackett).
2-10-KC14 (1:35) (Shotgun) L.Johnson up the middle to KC 18 for 4 yards (R.Mathis, C.June).
3-6-KC18 (1:13) (Shotgun) T.Green pass short left to L.Johnson to KC 16 for -2 yards (Da.Reid).
4-8-KC16 (1:03) D.Colquitt punts 54 yards to IND 30, Center-K.Gammon. T.Wilkins to IND 35 for 5 yards (W.Kershaw).

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:55 PM
It worked when they got behind by more than 2 scores late in the 3rd quarter(they were still in the base defense until the Chiefs spread them out)..they had Gonzalez running routes instead of blocking and the Chiefs went right down the field..and..if you supposedly can't block these guys head on(which I've heard hundreds of times),why run right into a 9 man wall?We all know that didn't work.

They went right down the field because it was garbage time and the game was already in hand...Indy was in a soft zone defense.

Gonzo was running routes in the FIRST quarter, but nobody could hang on to the damn ball.

Baby Lee
02-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Mike Martz.....

They didn't get to run teams that finally took advantage of a decade of teh suckage and multiple top 5 draft picks.
Could you imagine if Marty had the benefit of 10-12 DTs and TGs?

Torry Holt, Dre Bly, Grant Wistrom, Robert Holcombe, Leonard Little, Az Hakim, Orlando Pace, Eddie Kennison, Ernie Conwell, Kevin Carter, Wayne Gandy, Isaac Bruce. Not to mention getting a disgruntled Marshall Faulk for next to nothing.

Compare that to DV's draft history with the Chiefs.

Bill Parcells
02-19-2007, 04:00 PM
It wasn't just run, run, pass, punt like everyone makes it out to be. The Chiefs tried to throw early on half of its 1st half series and that didn't work either.

Was it a great gameplan? No

Was it executed well? No

The players deserve as much of the blame as Herm.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20070106_KC@IND

2nd series

1-10-KC17 (8:34) T.Green pass short right to T.Gonzalez to KC 21 for 4 yards (N.Harper, C.June).
2-6-KC21 (7:57) L.Johnson up the middle to KC 22 for 1 yard (A.McFarland, G.Brackett).
3-5-KC22 (7:18) T.Green pass incomplete short left to E.Kennison.
4-5-KC22 (7:13) D.Colquitt punts 47 yards to IND 31, Center-K.Gammon, out of bounds.

5th series

1-10-KC14 (6:23) T.Green pass incomplete short left to T.Gonzalez.
2-10-KC14 (6:18) D.Hall right end to KC 22 for 8 yards (M.Jackson).
3-2-KC22 (5:34) T.Green pass incomplete short right to D.Hall.
4-2-KC22 (5:27) D.Colquitt punts 66 yards to IND 12, Center-K.Gammon. T.Wilkins to IND 31 for 19 yards (K.Fox).

6th series

1-10-KC14 (1:40) T.Green pass incomplete short right to T.Gonzalez (G.Brackett).
2-10-KC14 (1:35) (Shotgun) L.Johnson up the middle to KC 18 for 4 yards (R.Mathis, C.June).
3-6-KC18 (1:13) (Shotgun) T.Green pass short left to L.Johnson to KC 16 for -2 yards (Da.Reid).
4-8-KC16 (1:03) D.Colquitt punts 54 yards to IND 30, Center-K.Gammon. T.Wilkins to IND 35 for 5 yards (W.Kershaw).
OK..we will have to agree to disagree..I still think they were being predictable..but..I don't want to hijack this thread anymore.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
OK..we will have to agree to disagree..I still think they were being predictable..but..I don't want to hijack this thread anymore.

You're not wrong.

The problem is that the coaches didn't START the game being predictable. They started the game by trying to do some things and the players couldn't execute.

If you want to blame Herm for something, blame him for buckling and crawling into a shell when things weren't working. But he TRIED to give it a shot and the bums we put out there on the field weren't up to it.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:09 PM
I was impressed by Norv's press conference.

Fruit Ninja
02-19-2007, 04:12 PM
You're not wrong.

The problem is that the coaches didn't START the game being predictable. They started the game by trying to do some things and the players couldn't execute.

If you want to blame Herm for something, blame him for buckling and crawling into a shell when things weren't working. But he TRIED to give it a shot and the bums we put out there on the field weren't up to it.
yup, exactly.

Bill Parcells
02-19-2007, 04:14 PM
You're not wrong.

That's a good point,well said.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Nobody is mentioning that Norv mentored Cam Cameron and they run the same offense. Also Ted Cottrell was mentored by Wade Phillips (or vice versa not sure which one) and they have the same defensive playbook.

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Nobody is mentioning that Norv mentored Cam Cameron and they run the same offense. Also Ted Cottrell was mentored by Wade Phillips (or vice versa not sure which one) and they have the same defensive playbook.

LMAO

Norv is a total failure as a head coach. He is a very good OC but that is it.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I've been a Skins Fan just as long as I've been a Bolts fan.

Who the hell did the Skins ever have when Norv was the Head Coach?

Lets see...Gus Frerotte, Trent Green, Heath Shuler, Brad Johnson

What about the Raiders? Kerry Collins.

Maybe it was the players, not the coach.

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 04:26 PM

Who the hell did the Skins ever have when Norv was the Head Coach?

Lets see...Gus Frerotte, Trent Green, Heath Shuler, Brad Johnson

What about the Raiders? Kerry Collins.

Maybe it was the players, not the coach.

It is not like he didn't have enough time to straighten out the Redskins.

In seven seasons with the Redskins, he went 49-59-1

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:27 PM
It is not like he had enough time to straighten out the Redskins.

In seven seasons with the Redskins, he went 49-59-1

He didnt have the players. Its not like he was the GM too.

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 04:30 PM
He didnt have the players. Its not like he was the GM too.

He had 7 freaking seasons and only went to the playoffs once. Are you telling me he had 0 input on personnel? You know that is BS.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:37 PM
He had 7 freaking seasons and only went to the playoffs once. Are you telling me he had 0 input on personnel? You know that is BS.

Even if he did, its not like he has to build up the personnel on this team. The keys are already in the ignition here. All he has to do is coach, not bring in anybody.

HemiEd
02-19-2007, 04:40 PM

So there is two of you? My BIL is a Skin's/Raider's fan. Fortunately there are not many tall bridges in Wichita.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:42 PM
So there is two of you? My BIL is a Skin's/Raider's fan. Fortunately there are not many tall bridges in Wichita.

I forgot to mention that I've always been about 1000x more a Chargers fan than a Skins fan.

dirk digler
Even if he did, its not like he has to build up the personnel on this team. The keys are already in the ignition here. All he has to do is coach, not bring in anybody.

Well he has sucked at that as well. Just face it he is a horrible head coach. Marty is a million times better.

Buck
Well he has sucked at that as well. Just face it he is a horrible head coach. Marty is a million times better.

Amen to that.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Hey dirk, how did Marty do in Washington himself?

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 04:47 PM

Well he started off slow 0-5 or something like that but he turned it around and ended up 8-8 in his 1st year until he got fired and replaced by Spurrier.

Alot of the players were pissed too when they fired him because he was finally winning the players over.

Adept Havelock
02-19-2007, 04:47 PM

He got canned after winning 8 of his last 11 games, with a train-wreck of a team.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Well he started off slow 0-5 or something like that but he turned it around and ended up 8-8 in his 1st year until he got fired and replaced by Spurrier.

It shows that you cant win without the talent, and we definitely have the Talent here in SD.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
He got canned after winning 8 of his last 11 games, with a train-wreck of a team.

So its okay to overlook the first 5 games?

banyon
02-19-2007, 04:50 PM

Coaches don't get any time to turn things around?

HemiEd

Marty was only given one year IIRC. He inherited a team full of rich, lazy, over the hill players like Deon Sanders. They were not happy that he wanted them to work. It was Daniel Snyder's finest work putting that group together. I think Marty went .500 and then was fired in favor of Steve Spurrier, the genious.
Is there a dumber ****ing owner in the NFL?

dirk digler

It was only his first and last year. Norv had 7 years.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Marty was only given one year IIRC. He inherited a team full of rich, lazy, over the hill players like Deon Sanders. They were not happy that he wanted them to work. It was Daniel Snyder's finest work putting that group together. I think Marty went .500 and then was fired in favor of Steve Spurrier, the genious.

Exactly. We don't have rich over the hill players here. Norv Turner has never had such a talented, young team. I don't think you can really knock him for his previous HC stints.

Mile High Mania
02-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Well, if Norv fails to win 9 games with that team in 2007 (barring injury to an LT or similar)... he does suck greatly as a head coach.

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Exactly. We don't have rich over the hill players here. Norv Turner has never had such a talented, young team. I don't think you can really knock him for his previous HC stints.

He had Collins, Moss, Porter and LaMont Jordan as his offensive weapons which isn't too horrible.

In his last season with the Raiders there were big expectations for Turner to produce an immediate turnaround, but it didn't happen. Oakland's ineffective offense managed only 51 points and six touchdowns in its last five games and the Raiders failed to win a division game for the first time in Davis' tenure as owner. They were 1-11 against the AFC West during Turner's two seasons.

Think about that BK; 1-11 in the AFC West in 2 years.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Brad Johnson
Terry Allen/Stephen Davis
Michael Westbrook
Stephen Alexander

Those were Norv's best players ever in Washington
Philip Rivers
LaDainian Tomlinson
Vincent Jackson
Antonio Gates

Now other than Jackson, Turner already has his best players at those positions. Hell, maybe Jackson is already better than Michael Westbrook.

HemiEd
02-19-2007, 04:58 PM

I think Marty followed Turner, an interm coach was involved IIRC. I would think that it was under Turner's watch that the team was put together. Maybe that is where he got the rap of not being able to control his players.
I still remember some of the interviews of players complaining about Marty and his "old school" (work) ways.

Buck
02-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Think about that BK; 1-11 in the AFC West in 2 years.

OMG your seriously implying that the Raiders of then can even sniff the jock straps of the Chargers of now?

Theres not enough > signs in the world to show you how much better the Chargers are than Turner's Raiders.

Baby Lee
02-19-2007, 04:59 PM
It shows that you cant win without the talent, and we definitely have the Talent here in SD.
He went 8-3 with the same talent that went 0-5 before they got into his mode of thinking/playing.

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 05:00 PM

San Diego's is giving him a run for his money.

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 05:01 PM
OMG your seriously implying that the Raiders of then can even sniff the jock straps of the Chargers of now?

Theres not enough > signs in the world to show you how much better the Chargers are than Turner's Raiders.

They are alot better but Turner is so bad as a head coach plus add the fact they will be playing a 1st place schedule with all new coaches and I smell disaster.

keg in kc
02-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I don't get why people still talk about xx-place schedules anymore. Since the new format started, the difference between schedules for all the teams in a division is only 2 games.

Mile High Mania
02-19-2007, 05:05 PM
The only tenure you can really use to judge is the time spent in Washington, he was there from 1994 to mid 2000. So, he was there long enough to put his stamp on the team.

They picked some guy named Shuler that didn't work out at all. Then you had Gus Frerotte and some lame ass named Trent Green? Then, Brad Johnson.

Terry Allen and Stephen Davis did well with him...

Ellard, Shepherd & Westbrook were the best WRs.

The bad thing was that for the majority of time in WAS... his defenses were statistically pretty bad, like KC from the last few years kinda bad. (sorry)

Anyway, you never know - overall, it's by far the most talented team he's had. I'm curious to see who he hires for OC and DC.

keg in kc
02-19-2007, 05:07 PM
There wasn't much talent on either side of the ball on those teams, as I recall, although it's been nearly a decade since I moved away from Virginia. All a little fuzzy...

Buck
02-19-2007, 05:13 PM
He went 8-3 with the same talent that went 0-5 before they got into his mode of thinking/playing.

He went 8-8..

Look at the teams he beat.

Panthers (1-15 That Season)
Giants (7-9)
Seahawks(9-7)
Broncos (8-8)
Eagles (11-5)
Cardinals (7-9)
Saints (7-9)
Cardinals (7-9)

They beat 2 teams with a winning record that year, the Seahawks, and the Eagles.

Buck
02-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Anyway, you never know - overall, it's by far the most talented team he's had. I'm curious to see who he hires for OC and DC.

The OC is Clarence Shelmon, the Chargers RB coach since 2001.

The DC is Ted Cottrell

Baby Lee
02-19-2007, 05:25 PM
He went 8-8..

Look at the teams he beat.

Panthers (1-15 That Season)
Giants (7-9)
Seahawks(9-7)
Broncos (8-8)
Eagles (11-5)
Cardinals (7-9)
Saints (7-9)
Cardinals (7-9)

They beat 2 teams with a winning record that year, the Seahawks, and the Eagles.
Your point was you live or die by your talent, but Schotty offers the clear demarkation between a team not used to playing his way and then buying in to playing his way, with the exact same talent.

Not Schott - 0-5
Schott - 8-3
All the stuff about how good their competition was is irrelevant to the point at issue.

Buck
02-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Your point was you live or die by your talent, but Schotty offers the clear demarkation between a team not used to playing his way and then buying in to playing his way, with the exact same talent.

Not Schott - 0-5
Schott - 8-3
All the stuff about how good their competition was is irrelevant to the point at issue.

So you really believe that the team didn't buy into his stuff until after he, as their head coach, lost the first 5 games of the year? Wouldn't that discourage the players even more and alienate the head coach? Your explination has no logic behind it.

Baby Lee
02-19-2007, 05:32 PM
So you really believe that the team didn't buy into his stuff until after he, as their head coach, lost the first 5 games of the year? Wouldn't that discourage the players even more and alienate the head coach? Your explination has no logic behind it.
Yeah, my thesis is that they lost those first 5, then sat down, reassessed, and said "hey! let's follow this guy."

C'mon you dope.

My point is that they took time to resolve themselves to the fact that he was in charge, and when they did, and started cohering, the same TALENT ended up playing much better FOOTBALL.

Buck
02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah, my thesis is that they lost those first 5, then sat down, reassessed, and said "hey! let's follow this guy."

C'mon you dope.

My point is that they took time to resolve themselves to the fact that he was in charge, and when they did, and started cohering, the same TALENT ended up playing much better FOOTBALL.

So you dont think that they sat down in the beginning of the season and thought the same thing?

I went to their first game that season, as it was being played in San Diego. They sucked.

Also, you know Marty, he is one of the most intense coaches in the league. I cant believe that you think that he didn't get their attention at Training Camp and the preseason.

The Bad Guy
02-19-2007, 05:51 PM
The Chargers went from having the best 2 coordinators in the NFL to having 2 of the worst.

This is great.

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't get why people still talk about xx-place schedules anymore. Since the new format started, the difference between schedules for all the teams in a division is only 2 games.

Granted it is not that big of an issue as it used to be but those 2 games could decide the division.

Buck
02-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Granted it is not that big of an issue as it used to be but those 2 games could decide the division.

True.

Buck
02-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh My Lord...They just announced its a 4 year deal.

Reaper16
02-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Oh My Lord...They just announced its a 4 year deal.
ROFL That must have been one Hell of an interview.

Direckshun
02-19-2007, 07:02 PM
LMAO

Buck
12-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Wow, I just read this thread, I look like and Idiot.