PDA

View Full Version : Toughest Division In Football...

Direckshun
02-19-2007, 01:11 PM
...is no longer the AFC West, I think. At least not this oncoming season.

The four toughest divisions this past year, and likely this upcoming year, are the AFC divisions. The NFC East was the only light of their entire conference and the Giants and Redskins floudered terribly.

I think the toughest division this upcoming year has to be the AFC East. The competition is incredibly tight between the four AFC divisions, but each division except the East has a goat. (The North have the Browns, the South have the Texans, and the West have the Raiders.)

But Buffalo's on the upswing, as will be Miami after they get a coach who's serious. The Jets will be formidable and the Patriots are always league frontrunners. It's conceivable that they won't have a single team worse than 7-9 next year, and it's possible they won't have anyone under .500.

Kind of sad, though, that the AFC West's passed the torch here. Maybe JaMarcus Russell will Vince Youngify that terrible offense in Oakland and propel us back to prominence. For those of us who care about that kind of stuff.

SNR
02-19-2007, 01:16 PM
...is no longer the AFC West, I think. At least not this oncoming season.

The four toughest divisions this past year, and likely this upcoming year, are the AFC divisions. The NFC East was the only light of their entire conference and the Giants and Redskins floudered terribly.

I think the toughest division this upcoming year has to be the AFC East. The competition is incredibly tight between the four AFC divisions, but each division except the East has a goat. (The North have the Browns, the South have the Texans, and the West have the Raiders.)

But Buffalo's on the upswing, as will be Miami after they get a coach who's serious. The Jets will be formidable and the Patriots are always league frontrunners. It's conceivable that they won't have a single team worse than 7-9 next year, and it's possible they won't have anyone under .500.

Kind of sad, though, that the AFC West's passed the torch here. Maybe JaMarcus Russell will Vince Youngify that terrible offense in Oakland and propel us back to prominence. For those of us who care about that kind of stuff.Who gives a shit? This isn't college for crying out loud. The NFL is all about your team and dominating your division, not just simply being a part of the toughest division. We hate the Raiders. We loathe them. I hope they remain the worst team in football for as long as they exist. For that matter, I hope the Donks and Chargers suck ass as well.

King_Chief_Fan
02-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Who gives a shit? This isn't college for crying out loud. The NFL is all about your team and dominating your division, not just simply being a part of the toughest division. We hate the Raiders. We loathe them. I hope they remain the worst team in football for as long as they exist. For that matter, I hope the Donks and Chargers suck ass as well.

I hope they all are sucking each others arses

DJ_is_the_realdeal
02-19-2007, 01:21 PM
THE AFC WEST is always the toughest. Imagine if Seattle was still in this division. The Raiders are a bunch of losers that live in the past. Just Win Baby? Win a freakin game of importance before you repeat that old crap. Al Davis is killing that organization. I feel bad for the rookies that have to report to camp as a Raider.

HemiEd
02-19-2007, 01:34 PM
I would be pleased if the Raiders never won another game, ever.

Did I say never? I mean 0 wins for those despicable worthless *******s.

CoMoChief
02-19-2007, 01:40 PM
My roomate who's a huge Rams fan thinks the NFCW is one of the hardest. His football talk has absolutely no credibility to me.

I still think the AFCW is the toughest. There is only one team who sucks and thats OAK. Norv Turner is a TERRIBLE hire, but we still don't know what the Chargers are gonna do because they have loads of talent on that team. Denver is always decent at worst and we usually are always in the thick of things.

You could make an argument though for the AFCS or N. I still think the Steelers are a much better team than how they played last season. And in the south, the Texans are the only team who isn't worth a damn.

I dont think any division in the NFC should be in the top 3. thats just my opinion though.

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I hate the Raiders as much as the next guy but they scare the crap out of me. That D is young, nasty, and well coached. The offense has some talent and a offensive coach that might know what works in the modern era. Plus they get the 1st pick in every round this year.

If Kiffin can get rid of the cancers, I think they will turn it around quick.

StcChief
02-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Every division has a 1 or more < .500 dog it's just how bad are they.....

AFC W - now Raiders but could change.
AFC E - Buffalo
AFC N - Browns
AFC S - Texans

NFC W - Cardinals
NFC E - Washington
NFC N - Lions
NFC S - Tampa

NFL = Not For Long

Direckshun
02-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Out of those teams, though, it's not contest. Buffalo's the cream of that depleted, awful crop.

Buck
02-19-2007, 03:19 PM
AFC E- Miami, not Buffalo

StcChief
02-19-2007, 04:09 PM
AFC E- Miami, not Buffalo
I was thinking that too. just should have put Buffalo/Miami...

Despite what others think about SoS...that is factor yearly.

keg in kc
02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Hard to really say who's going to be tough or not until free agency and the draft have concluded. The landscape could change a bit in two weeks once the cuts start.

cdcox
02-19-2007, 04:15 PM
The SEC is so strong, they could easily dominate any NFL division.

Direckshun
02-19-2007, 05:02 PM
It feels weird now that we're all talking football again.