PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket pitch on KCChiefs.com

InChiefsHell
02-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Check out the CHiefs TV add on kcchiefs.com hawking season tickets. Man, they sound a bit desperate to me. I don't remember them producing something like this before...

...I don't know how to link the video, so you have to go to the homepage and click on the video.

...are they losing a bunch of season ticket holders?

chiefqueen
02-19-2007, 02:50 PM
They probably losing season tix, yet they may not let me add the 2 seats next to me.

:banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:

StcChief
02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Rumor ~ 10K

Scaga
02-19-2007, 03:08 PM
I signed up with kcchiefs.com a while back...
I bet I've gotten 6-8 emails from them talking about all the "great deals" they've got going on for season tickets.
Hope they choke on the fockers for a while.

:banghead:

InChiefsHell
02-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Seems like they are definately trying to pimp them, and kiss up to the fans to do it. We already know we are the best toughest stadium in the NFL...we know our fans are the most loyal, and have the best tailgaiting in the nation. Too bad our team has been killing us...but not at home...

dave0320
02-19-2007, 03:37 PM
It is really going to interesting next month for those of us who have signed up for the "season ticket upgrade program". :LOL:

kc rush
02-19-2007, 04:26 PM
We dumped 2 of our 4 tickets.

Stinger
02-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Rumor ~ 10K

Link???

kc rush
02-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Link???

I've heard that rumor too. I heard someone talking about it on the radio...can't remember which host.

Deberg_1990
02-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Man this smacks of past Royals ticket promotion desperation...

shaneo69
02-19-2007, 05:31 PM
That video commercial mentions that there are 69,000 season ticket holders. I know a couple years ago, it was at 73,000. I'm one of the 4,000 who has told Carl to f*ck off.

StcChief
02-19-2007, 05:37 PM
That video commercial mentions that there are 69,000 season ticket holders. I know a couple years ago, it was at 73,000. I'm one of the 4,000 who has told Carl to f*ck off.

I'm Leaning real hard that way.....my ticket partner is not.

Halfcan
02-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Just about everybody I know has dumped their tickets. We used to have about 10 or more at our tailgates then it dwindled down to 4.

Season Tickets are just not worth it.

Cochise
02-19-2007, 07:44 PM
I don't know, I have gotten phone calls every offseason for 3-4 years about season ticket plans, it doesn't seem to be new this year.

TinyEvel
02-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Who needs Season Tickets when you've got NFL Sunday Ticket? (plus, if you live 1700 miles from Arrowhead, it just makes sense)

InChiefsHell
02-20-2007, 07:32 AM
I don't know, I have gotten phone calls every offseason for 3-4 years about season ticket plans, it doesn't seem to be new this year.

Oh, I agree. I always get the emails on season tix, half season tix etc. I just don't remember the big production of the commercial before...are they running this add on TV down in KC?

jspchief
02-20-2007, 08:26 AM
We already know we are the best toughest stadium in the NFL...we know our fans are the most loyal, and have the best tailgaiting in the nation. Too bad our team has been killing us...but not at home...If our fans were really the most loyal, they wouldn't be having a marketing blitz coming off a 9-7 play-off season preceded by a 10 win season.

Chiefs fans need to stop acting like they are the best or they have the loudest stadium. They are just as fair-weather as the rest of the league, and Arrowhead isn't the loudest anymore.

dirk digler
02-20-2007, 08:32 AM
If our fans were really the most loyal, they wouldn't be having a marketing blitz coming off a 9-7 play-off season preceded by a 10 win season.

Chiefs fans need to stop acting like they are the best or they have the loudest stadium. They are just as fair-weather as the rest of the league, and Arrowhead isn't the loudest anymore.

I definitely think apathy has started to seep into Chief fans and as long as they keep raising ticket prices for a mediocre product this will happen.

Pushead2
02-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Arrowhead is alot louder then most stadiums I've been to , and it's because of the structure of the stadium, Qwest stadium is like Arrowhead with it's solid and cup structure, hence the "12th man" but it's mostly physics.

InChiefsHell
02-20-2007, 10:40 AM
If our fans were really the most loyal, they wouldn't be having a marketing blitz coming off a 9-7 play-off season preceded by a 10 win season.

Touche...but I think it has to do with YEARS of dissapointment, capped off by a miserable horrible embarassing playoff appearance. Just maybe.

Nzoner
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I made a $20 bet before the '06 season ended that '07 would include the first black-out in like 16 years.In all seriousness I'd just as soon lose the bet as to see that happen but as a former season ticket holder myself I know all too well what fans are feeling.

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 11:32 AM
I think KC fans are the most loyal in the sense that for the most part, you guys have put up with a lot of crap and stuck with the team a hell of a lot greater than fans of say... the Lions, Cardinals, etc.

So, yeah - in that sense, definitely the most loyal.

Overall though, there's not much difference with the fan base for the majority of teams in the league. You have a few teams with fans that are just fans b/c a team happens to be in their town.

InChiefsHell
02-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I can't afford season tickets anyway, but I make an annual pilgrimage to at least one game. I gotta. Nothing beats the Arrowhead Experience.

Halfcan
02-20-2007, 11:51 AM

You must not have went to the Thanksgiving game last year. It was freakin LOUD!!!

kc rush
02-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I made a $20 bet before the '06 season ended that '07 would include the first black-out in like 16 years.In all seriousness I'd just as soon lose the bet as to see that happen but as a former season ticket holder myself I know all too well what fans are feeling.

There won't be a blackout, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a true sellout. Whichever TV station has the broadcasting rights to that game will buy up the unsued tickets because they know that ratings and ad revenue will more than offset the cost of the tix. It may not always be that way, but for at least 2007 there will be no blackouts.