PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Donks: Trade Proposal To Texans

Marco Polo
02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Let's see. The Donks will most likely release Plummer so the Texans can grab him. Why would they want Bell when there is a chance AP might slip to them at #8? Good for them proposing it, at least.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5251758

The Denver Post included an interesting trade scenario Sunday: Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell, and a high draft pick for Houston's No. 8 pick in the draft.
Denver's beat writer stops short of saying the deal has been discussed, but oddly leads his article with the scenario. The Broncos manipulate the media and trade market as well as anyone, so this could be a way to get the offers rolling for Bell.

el borracho
02-19-2007, 02:51 PM
There is a reason the Donks do so well, year after year. They are smart and creative in the draft, often giving themselves extra picks and/ or putting themselves in position to grab a standout player. I wish Carl was better at this.

HolmeZz
02-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Bet they're going after AP.

el borracho
02-19-2007, 02:53 PM
By the way, why would you title this news, "Stupid Donks"? I doubt if Houston goes for the trade as it is but it would be a brilliant move for the Donks if it happened.

BigChiefFan
02-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Bet they're going after AP.
I agree. It looks like Adrian Petersen is their target. The Donks may have shown their hand too early by seeking trades for Tatum Bell.

StcChief
02-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Kubiak closet Donx. likely to come back after Houston is sick of him...

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Kubiak is still working for Broncos I see.

htismaqe
02-19-2007, 03:05 PM
We need a collusion investigation...

Halfcan
02-19-2007, 03:06 PM
We would give Houston- Bell, Green,Hicks, Simms and Gwes for their pick.

I thought I would throw that out there to get the ball rolling-lol

King_Chief_Fan
02-19-2007, 03:10 PM
By the way, why would you title this news, "Stupid Donks"? I doubt if Houston goes for the trade as it is but it would be a brilliant move for the Donks if it happened.

yup!

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
There is a reason the Donks do so well, year after year. They are smart and creative in the draft, often giving themselves extra picks and/ or putting themselves in position to grab a standout player. I wish Carl was better at this.

Totally agree. This is why they are a contender every year and we are a pretender.

Halfcan
02-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Totally agree. This is why they are a contender every year and we are a pretender.

Except last year when they choked. Can't forget that EVER!

BigChiefFan
02-19-2007, 03:17 PM
It's funny, but I thought a few weeks ago, how we might try to trade Dante Hall to Houston for one of their picks. Maybe a trade of 1st rounders and Hall for their pick. The Chiefs need to be aggressive in the draft and get the no.1 overall DT. No more ****ing around.

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Except last year when they choked. Can't forget that EVER!

Miracles sometimes do happen

SoCalBronco
02-19-2007, 03:21 PM
If we want AP, he will be long gone by No. 8. He wont get past Cleveland.

Shanny has been working on possible trades so far this offseason, we will see what kind of things he can do.

Buck
02-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Add in Champ Bailey and you got a deal.

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 03:23 PM
If we want AP, he will be long gone by No. 8. He wont get past Cleveland.

Shanny has been working on possible trades so far this offseason, we will see what kind of things he can do.

I like how Shanahan tries to make moves to improve the team while CP stands around with his thumb up his butt or is on vacation.

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 03:29 PM
What players does Carl have that are not only valuable but the that Chiefs can afford to get rid of?

I can't think of any.

88TG88
02-19-2007, 03:31 PM
What players does Carl have that are not only valuable but the that Chiefs can afford to get rid of?

I can't think of any.
true

Deberg_1990
02-19-2007, 03:31 PM

I can't think of any.

I think Whitlock spoke about this the other day in some article that hardly anyone discussed....LOL

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 03:33 PM

I can't think of any.

Possibly Michael Bennett but you probably wouldn't get much.

HMc
02-19-2007, 03:36 PM
i'd give up LJ and our 1st round pick get a top 2 pick.

BigChiefFan
02-19-2007, 03:38 PM

I can't think of any.
Dante Hall
Eric Hicks
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley

Deberg_1990
02-19-2007, 03:38 PM

AS long as we could pick up an extra pick in the 1st or 2nd that could be used to draft another decent RB. Id be all for it actually.

Brock
02-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Dante Hall
Eric Hicks
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley

LOL, yeah right.

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Dante Hall
Eric Hicks
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley

LMAO

Are you serious?

LMAO

ROFL

Woodrow Call
02-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Dante Hall
Eric Hicks
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley

You might get a team to bite on Wesley for a 5th or 6th but the rest of them I don't see any trade value. Hall has no value at WR or at KR/PR anymore, Knight is old and slow, and Hicks is Hicks.

HMc
02-19-2007, 03:47 PM
where do you guys get the idea we've got anyone (besides LJ) who's worth anything? Hicks would be lucky to get work somewhere else if we <b>cut</b> him!

Mile High Mania
02-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Well, if Houston actually took this deal... then they'd classify as stupid, not Denver.

And, this is just some guy making a guess about trade talks. Everyone with the ability to type something on the Internet has connected Plummer with Houston in 2007. Everyone realizes that Bell is expendable as well.

So, why not throw something out there and see what sticks...

I'm sure Denver will do a trade or two this offseason, but I certainly can't see them pulling this type of deal off. Kubiak took a beating for not taking Young or Bush. Now, if he were to deal away the 8th overall to Denver for picks, Plummer and Tatum... good lord, put him on 24/7 security watch.

I'm not saying those guys won't end up there, but how could you sell that trade to the fans and media? It's un-possible...

Direckshun
02-19-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't get it. Do you think we'd get somebody better than LJ?

keg in kc
02-19-2007, 03:57 PM
It's funny, but I thought a few weeks ago, how we might try to trade Dante Hall to Houston for one of their picks. Maybe a trade of 1st rounders and Hall for their pick. The Chiefs need to be aggressive in the draft and get the no.1 overall DT. No more ****ing around.Dante Hall wasn't worth 15 spots in the first round back in the days when he was actually a threat in the return game. He's a marginal player at best now who can't contribute at all on offense, doubtful he'd even get us a first day pick in a straight-up trade.

Mile High Mania
02-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Dante Hall wasn't worth 15 spots in the first round back in the days when he was actually a threat in the return game. He's a marginal player at best now who can't contribute at all on offense, doubtful he'd even get us a first day pick in a straight-up trade.

Well, to be fair... he lost his burst.

keg in kc
02-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Well, to be fair... he lost his burst.F*cking nachos, do it every time.

HMc
02-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't get it. Do you think we'd get somebody better than LJ?

Joe Thomas has the genuine potential (yeah, i know) to be a genuine LT for 10 or more years. LJ is gonna be done in 2 or 3. Do you see the chiefs going deep into the playoffs in the next 2 years?

Logical
02-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Dante Hall
Eric Hicks
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley
ROFL

I assume you were being sarcastic.

BigRock
02-19-2007, 04:09 PM
If they actually thought for a second that this trade could happen, then they're stupid. But I don't know if it's just something the writer is floating or if Denver is seriously trying to make it.

At the absolute max, Jake Plummer might be worth a 4th round pick. The same goes for Tatum "butterfingers" Bell. Only if they packaged those 2 guys with every single one of their draft picks would they have enough ammo to move up into Houston's spot.

Mile High Mania
02-19-2007, 04:12 PM
This is fodder from the beat writer...

Deberg_1990
02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Houston would be dumb to pass up Adrian Peterson at # 8

But then again, they passed on Young and Bush...

Mile High Mania
02-19-2007, 04:20 PM
If they can somehow work Dan Snyder into the equation... then anything is possible.

vailpass
02-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Well, if Houston actually took this deal... then they'd classify as stupid, not Denver.

And, this is just some guy making a guess about trade talks. Everyone with the ability to type something on the Internet has connected Plummer with Houston in 2007. Everyone realizes that Bell is expendable as well.

So, why not throw something out there and see what sticks...

I'm sure Denver will do a trade or two this offseason, but I certainly can't see them pulling this type of deal off. Kubiak took a beating for not taking Young or Bush. Now, if he were to deal away the 8th overall to Denver for picks, Plummer and Tatum... good lord, put him on 24/7 security watch.

I'm not saying those guys won't end up there, but how could you sell that trade to the fans and media? It's un-possible...

All true except that Kubes had nothing to do with the draft wherein they passed on Young & Bush. Charlie Casserly pulled that brillian move before he snuck off in the night.

Count Zarth
02-19-2007, 04:47 PM
What did all of Denver's wheeling and dealing net them last year?

No playoffs.

Shanahan wasn't this trade happy earlier in his Bronco career. He's getting desperate.

vailpass
02-19-2007, 04:49 PM

No playoffs.

Shanahan wasn't this trade happy earlier in his Bronco career. He's getting desperate.

Take your ass to the little kids table with the rest of the clowns who talk just to get attention.
Come back when you have a ****ing clue about professional football.

the Talking Can
02-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Let's see. The Donks will most likely release Plummer so the Texans can grab him. Why would they want Bell when there is a chance AP might slip to them at #8? Good for them proposing it, at least.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5251758

The Denver Post included an interesting trade scenario Sunday: Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell, and a high draft pick for Houston's No. 8 pick in the draft.
Denver's beat writer stops short of saying the deal has been discussed, but oddly leads his article with the scenario. The Broncos manipulate the media and trade market as well as anyone, so this could be a way to get the offers rolling for Bell.

how ****ing stupid do you have to be to trade FOR the starting QB and RB off a shitty offense that didn't make the playoffs?

good god....they should have their Franchise revoked if they do that

Marlboro_Chief
02-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Bill Williamson is not exactly Will McDonough. I wouldn't give more than ten seconds thought to this potential trade.

dirk digler
02-19-2007, 05:45 PM

No playoffs.

They got their QBOTF and was a loss at home on the last night of the season away from going to the playoffs.

That after switching QB's in week 11-12 or whatever week it was.

At least Shanahan tries something while CP takes a vacation.

Halfcan
02-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Carr is better than Jake the fake-why in the world would anyone want that loser??

Mr. Laz
02-19-2007, 06:48 PM
at least Denver is trying ... what's stupid about that.

Peterson is in scotland or some silly shit

RJ
02-19-2007, 06:49 PM
It's funny, but I thought a few weeks ago, how we might try to trade Dante Hall to Houston for one of their picks. Maybe a trade of 1st rounders and Hall for their pick. The Chiefs need to be aggressive in the draft and get the no.1 overall DT. No more ****ing around.

we'd need to add quite a bit more than Hall for Houston to trade 1st round picks. Having said that, I agree about needing to be more aggressive. I'm not a draftnik so I don't know what's likely to be available with Houston's pick but I like the idea of trading up and taking some chances. I'm tired of somewherearound500 football.

Frazod
02-19-2007, 06:54 PM
at least Denver is trying ... what's stupid about that.

Peterson is in scotland or some silly shit

Yep. Seems like every year the Donx are wheeling and dealing while Carl just sits on his hands and raises ticket prices. :shake:

HMc
02-19-2007, 06:57 PM
at this stage i doubt hall would get you a one position rise up the order

Mr. Laz
02-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Yep. Seems like every year the Donx are wheeling and dealing while Carl just sits on his hands and raises ticket prices. :shake:
ain't that the truth :(

seriously even when we do something ... we get bent over just trading up 2 slots.

we even get shorted trading down.

there is a reason why some teams always seem to have extra draft picks while we are short on picks.

Mile High Mania
02-19-2007, 09:26 PM

No playoffs.

You don't often type things that make me smile, but this was one of those moments... you're retarded.

Count Zarth
02-19-2007, 09:37 PM
You don't often type things that make me smile, but this was one of those moments... you're retarded.

The feeling is mutal dipshit.

alanm
02-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Houston would be dumb to pass up Adrian Peterson at # 8

But then again, they passed on Young and Bush...As much as I like AP I've a feeling he'll be spending more time in the trainers room than on the field. The guy's too injury prone.