PDA

View Full Version : Pacman Jones involved in Las Vegas Shooting?

Dartgod
02-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Vegas Police Want To Talk To Pacman About Shooting

Feb 20, 2007 08:29 AM CST

LAS VEGAS- Police in Las Vegas plan to interview Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, who they believe was present during a shooting at a club over the weekend.

Jones was in town for the NBA All-Star game.

Authorities said that Jones, rapper Nelly and music producer and Janet Jackson's boyfriend Jermaine Dupri reportedly walked into a club called Minxx Gentleman's Club where there was a post-game party.

Several celebrities were present. According to news reports witnesses said celebrities started throwing money at the club's exotic dancers before security kicked patrons out of the business.

Then gunshots were fired outside. Police said that three people were shot including two security guards allegedly by someone in Jones' entourage.

"Las Vegas sports talk host Steve Cofield, citing his own sources, reported that Jones' group incited a commotion after someone threw large amounts of money into the crowd," according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Nevada's largest daily newspaper. "Two security guards were among the injured, said Cofield, a co-host on ‘The Wise Guys' on Fox Sports Radio 1460."

Earlier this month, a judge dismissed an assault charge against him, citing too many inconsistencies in the alleged victim's testimony.
Krystal Webb, a Tennessee State University student who filed the charge, said Jones spit at her at a Nashville night club in October.
Jones testified that the NFL had already fined him $100,000, an amount he hoped to have refunded to him after the dismissal.

At 5 p.m. Tuesday, NewsChannel 5 will provide more details surrounding Jones's latest trouble as well as what Tennessee Titans Head Coach Jeff Fisher said about Jones' future with the team.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=6112582

jspchief
02-20-2007, 08:17 AM
He's a piece of shit.

Guys like that don't deserve the good fortune of being a pro athlete. Hopefully it all gets taken away from him sooner rather than later.

chagrin
02-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Why do these things always involve athletes and rappers? I'm totally serious about that too, is this also somehow the result of racism?

Simply Red
02-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Believable

StcChief
02-20-2007, 08:23 AM
N and 'Hood come to mind.

Dartgod
02-20-2007, 08:31 AM
I've been reading a few articles about Las Vegas and the All-Star weekend. I guess the "thug" element was out in strong force. Sounds like it was a bad weekend to be in Sin City.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6107862

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2007/Feb-19-Mon-2007/news/12680903.html

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2007/Feb-20-Tue-2007/news/12693500.html

dj56dt58
02-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Maybe it was one of the strippers that got pissed off at security for removing the guys throwing all the money at them?

kepp
02-20-2007, 08:59 AM
That guy is trouble. I'd be worried about my investment if I were the Titans...at this pace it won't be long before his number is up.

Cochise
02-20-2007, 09:03 AM
I've been reading a few articles about Las Vegas and the All-Star weekend. I guess the "thug" element was out in strong force. Sounds like it was a bad weekend to be in Sin City.

That's what you get for allowing the NBA into your city.

Phobia
02-20-2007, 09:08 AM
I guess the "thug" element was out in strong force. Sounds like it was a bad weekend to be in Sin City.

Now I can hardly believe that.

Pushead2
02-20-2007, 09:11 AM
This doesn't shock me at all for Jones.

hawkchief
02-20-2007, 09:26 AM
This doesn't shock me at all for Jones.

Agreed, nor does it shock me that a bunch of NBA posse types would be part of it. The NBA is simply pathetic at every level.

ChiefFripp
02-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Typical. Some young dumbshit gets some money thrown at him and he thinks he owns the world and can do anything he wants. I think the law should come down harder on celebrities, not lighter. I mean, what better way to make an example?

Rooster
02-20-2007, 09:42 AM
That's what you get for allowing the NBA into your city.

ROFL :clap:

Eric
02-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Black people shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

chagrin
02-20-2007, 10:13 AM

wow

Dartgod
02-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to access the internet.
Fixed your post.

Phobia
02-20-2007, 10:15 AM

in England. I agree.

Redrum_69
02-20-2007, 10:17 AM

HOLY SHIT

You racist prick, I hope you are reincarnated as a fly and get stuck in fly paper on some trailer trash whores front step...which so happens to be your mom..then you get to watch her screw every tenant in the lot

Redrum_69
02-20-2007, 10:18 AM

I think you are making stellar jumps right up the Banned ladder with each comment

Brock
02-20-2007, 10:18 AM
LOL, I knew it wouldn't take long.

vailpass
02-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Why can't a group of black people get together without a gun going off?
Not a racist statement, police metrics back up the higher level of gun violence within the black community.
Why?

Phobia
02-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Not a racist statement, police metrics back up the higher level of gun violence within the black community.
Why?

I'm guessing your police metrics statment is accurate but the first sentence is a little preposterous. Black folks get together every day in this country, hundreds of thousands of incidents without a gun going off. It's true that there's a thug element within the entertainment industry and that's too bad. But it's not a black problem. It's our problem. Street credibility sells for some reason and it appeals to young males. I don't know how to fix it. My guess is it's going to take some very responsible music executives to fix it, but as long as they money is rolling in and they aren't in the line of fire, why should they care?

Maybe the government will try to pass some creative law about thugging in music videos. Heh. No skin off my back.

Carlota69
02-20-2007, 11:21 AM

Yes, it was a terrible weekend to be here. The Police, and gang units (they needed a lot of those), said it was worse than any New years Eve ever. There were at least 6 shootings reported and a few more not reported. A cabbie was killed, therefore the other cabbies boycotted and you couldn't get a cab to save your life.

It was also reported around town that the Bloods and the Crips from LA were here and that had alot to do with the trouble.

David Stern is now saying he doesn't want to bring the All Star Game back to Vegas, and we say we don't want you back. The thug element that comes with the NBA is unbelievable. I have a hard time believing that this kind of violence would come with the MLB All Star game or Pro Bowl.

I'm not so sure the City of Vegas, who is dying for a pro team, wants that team to be one from the NBA.

SNR
02-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Blah blah blah black people blah blah rappers blah blah blah violence blah blah blah black people blah blah

ChiefFripp
02-20-2007, 11:29 AM
HOLY SHIT

You racist prick, I hope you are reincarnated as a fly and get stuck in fly paper on some trailer trash whores front step...which so happens to be your mom..then you get to watch her screw every tenant in the lot

If he's a fly after reincarnation, how can he have a human mother?

vailpass
02-20-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm guessing your police metrics statment is accurate but the first sentence is a little preposterous. Black folks get together every day in this country, hundreds of thousands of incidents without a gun going off. It's true that there's a thug element within the entertainment industry and that's too bad. But it's not a black problem. It's our problem. Street credibility sells for some reason and it appeals to young males. I don't know how to fix it. My guess is it's going to take some very responsible music executives to fix it, but as long as they money is rolling in and they aren't in the line of fire, why should they care?

Maybe the government will try to pass some creative law about thugging in music videos. Heh. No skin off my back.

Allow me to rephrase;

Young black males make up a documented disproportionate percentage of violent crimes and deaths in our country. The odds of a black male being injured/killed by gunfire are much higher than those of a white male in the same age group. Why?

A gun seems to almost be a status symbol among larege parts of the black populace. When an athlete, entertainer, etc. gets in trouble for carrying a weapon it is a black person the vast majority of the time. Why?

In the "club", on the street, from a car, we almost daily hear about black people opening fire on each other. Why?

way2kalm
02-20-2007, 11:30 AM

As opposed to a racist white man who thinks that ALL black people are evil and out to destroy white womanhood? You tell me. Way, way too much "Birth of a Nation" watching for you, find another movie to watch.

Demonpenz
02-20-2007, 11:31 AM
sources say blinky and pinky were released on bail earlier on monday

Ari Chi3fs
02-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Rae Carruth = Pac Man Jones

FDS
02-20-2007, 11:34 AM

You called blacks people. I guess that's a start. Dipshit.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

way2kalm
02-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Why?

I'm around large groups of black people all of the time and a gun never goes off. My community is black, we don't have violence in our neighborhood. Don't lump all of us in the same category. There are good black people and there are bad black people, there are good white people and there are bad white people. I don't lump all white people in the same category, although the history of this country gives me every right to hate white people, I choose not to take the ignorant route. With me, you are a good person until proven otherwise.

Chiefnj
02-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Football is the teflon sport.

A shooting involving the possee of an NFL player takes place and the NBA gets a black eye for it. In football you take roids and you get a 4 game suspension and then you can go to the Pro Bowl etc. In baseball you take roids and get caught and you are blackballed for life. If you took all of the criminal violations of the Bengals of the last year and put them on the Knicks and the whole world would be in an uproar over the NBA and its thug element; in the NFL it is brushed off and forgotten.

vailpass
02-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm around large groups of black people all of the time and a gun never goes off. My community is black, we don't have violence in our neighborhood. Don't lump all of us in the same category. There are good black people and there are bad black people, there are good white people and there are bad white people. I don't lump all white people in the same category, although the history of this country gives me every right to hate white people, ROFL I choose not to take the ignorant route. With me, you are a good person until proven otherwise.

Do you know what the statistical probability of a black man being involed in gun violence is vs. that of a white male?

Hint: a WHOLE lot higher.

I'm not making any judgement, I'm asking why it is so.

way2kalm
02-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I do agree that Pac Man Jones is a piece of work. He needs to separate himself from the leeches that he calls his "boys" and find more positive people to be around. Of course those leeches will remind him at every turn that he should not forget where he comes from. I call that the "Crab Effect". Although he's making money hand over fist now, with the way it looks, he'll be broke by the 3rd year after his retirement.

Phobia
02-20-2007, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=way2kalm]although the history of this country gives me every right to hate white people [QUOTE]

Actually, you're only allowed to hate really old white people who have long since been buried in the ground. ;)

You're a good guy, man. I'm probably gonna bail on football this year. My knees are about shot.

ChiefFripp
02-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Thugz 4 Life!

FDS
02-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Pacman should have been a Bengal. He has earned his stripes.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

way2kalm
02-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Do you know what the statistical probability of a black man being involed in gun violence is vs. that of a white male?

Hint: a WHOLE lot higher.

I'm not making any judgement, I'm asking why it is so.

Yes, I am aware of that statistic. If f**king stupid and I don't understand it, but then again when dealing with a group of people who've been told since they've been here that they are not s**t, and they worth nothing, you get this thing called self hate. When that creeps in, human life means nothing to them. It's very psycolocical, it's been around since slavery but now it's coming to a head. The solution is to think of yourself as worth something.

Take a kid out of the "hood" give him the same opportunies and he'll excel, you can check your statistics for that one. Of course you'll have a few stragglers, like with any group of people, but overall, they excel.

The problem is very very deeply rooted and will be very hard to overcome, however it can be done with the help from ALL people.

way2kalm
02-20-2007, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=way2kalm]although the history of this country gives me every right to hate white people [QUOTE]

Actually, you're only allowed to hate really old white people who have long since been buried in the ground. ;)

You're a good guy, man. I'm probably gonna bail on football this year. My knees are about shot.

Do what you gotta do to keep those knees healthy, you only get 2 of them!!! We'll miss you, I mean, somebody has to talk s**t out there!! :)

Eric
02-20-2007, 11:53 AM

It's not the music. It's art that imitates life.

way2kalm
02-20-2007, 12:15 PM
It's not the music. It's art that imitates life.

Wrong!! It's the art that imitates imitated life! Think about it, if most of those who are rapping actually did what they were rapping about, they would be either dead or in jail and we wouldn't have to worry about gangsta rap. Most rappers who made it big,wake up in a $1,000,000 house in the hills, drive that 2007 escalade down the $3,000,000 studio, rap(lie) about their life on the street, and go back home.

These cats haven't seen the streets in years. They hire body guards, they have deep entarages(sp), and they are married with kids. The problem is, like Phobia pointed out, the rich music exceutive lets this stuff out because it sells like hotcakes. And we all know who buys 70% of all rap albums...suburban white kids...which is a blessing and a curse.

The problem is the white kids hear it and enjoy it, but they know that if you do most of the crap that gangsta rapper is talking about, they are going to jail, and jail is bad. The young poor black kid hears it, and for him it's ALMOST reality. I say Almost, because you can't walk around town shootin' folks and not get in trouble for it. So it's the lying that is getting most young poor black children in trouble.

You've probably noticed that I keep saying POOR black children, because like with any other race of people there are dynamics within the race. There are Poor, Middle Class, and Rich black people as we all should know and each class brings up their children differently. This is why I say don't lump all black people in the same category. Poor doesn't mean bad, but to a lot of poor black children, they feel that they have to do what they have to do, which is why you see what you see on the news every night. If you want to know more, pick up a book every once in awhile...I do.

Ultra Peanut
02-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Would a member of any other race have reacted this way?N and 'Hood come to mind.WTF.

Phobia
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I've enjoyed your contributions to this thread, way2calm - not just because we know one another but because you've educted me on your perspective - the perspective of an informed black man. Thanks for taking the time to talk about it so clearly.

Mile High Mania
02-20-2007, 12:49 PM
The world would be a much better place if hair metal would make a triumphant return... well, as long as Vince Neil doesn't get loaded and behind the wheel.

way2kalm
02-20-2007, 12:53 PM
I've enjoyed your contributions to this thread, way2calm - not just because we know one another but because you've educted me on your perspective - the perspective of an informed black man. Thanks for taking the time to talk about it so clearly.

No problem :thumb:

Life is a huge lesson book and we all have so much to learn from each one another. Again sorry about the knees, man.

vailpass
02-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Yes, I am aware of that statistic. If f**king stupid and I don't understand it, but then again when dealing with a group of people who've been told since they've been here that they are not s**t, and they worth nothing, you get this thing called self hate. When that creeps in, human life means nothing to them. It's very psycolocical, it's been around since slavery but now it's coming to a head. The solution is to think of yourself as worth something.

Take a kid out of the "hood" give him the same opportunies and he'll excel, you can check your statistics for that one. Of course you'll have a few stragglers, like with any group of people, but overall, they excel.

The problem is very very deeply rooted and will be very hard to overcome, however it can be done with the help from ALL people.

Okay, you point out some contributing factors that go to the point of my question. That makes sense.
Thanks.

kepp
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm around large groups of black people all of the time and a gun never goes off. My community is black, we don't have violence in our neighborhood. Don't lump all of us in the same category. There are good black people and there are bad black people, there are good white people and there are bad white people. I don't lump all white people in the same category, although the history of this country gives me every right to hate white people, I choose not to take the ignorant route. With me, you are a good person until proven otherwise.
I'm not trying to stir the pot here...trying to figure out how to word this question correctly...

Seems to me that that perceived "right" probably contributes a lot to the marketablility of the gangsta rap industry...do you think? Just out of curiosity, why/what/who do you think influenced you to see that view as ignorance and caused you to take a different mindset?

Fruit Ninja
02-20-2007, 01:49 PM
same can be said for white kids shooting up schools.

Deberg_1990
02-20-2007, 01:58 PM

Well said Phil

Ebolapox
02-20-2007, 02:00 PM
wow, real shocker right there

way2kalm
02-20-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm not trying to stir the pot here...trying to figure out how to word this question correctly...

Seems to me that that perceived "right" probably contributes a lot to the marketablility of the gangsta rap industry...do you think? Just out of curiosity, why/what/who do you think influenced you to see that view as ignorance and caused you to take a different mindset?

Upbringing, morality, age, and wisdom. Upbringing and morality early on and of course wisdom came with age. I guess the fact the prison scares me also helps. Scared not of people in prison, but scared of my freedom being striped and having to carry that burden my whole life. Not to say I haven't done stupid stuff at a younger age, but if things seemed too over the top, you could count me out.

chagrin
02-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Of course, I didn't hear anything about Jason Seahorn, Alex Smith or Rex Grossman hip hopping it up at a party and shooting up the joint while hanging out with Linkin Park, and they are young males with alot of money too.

I know I am the unpopular vote here, but even though in spirit it is in fact "our problem" being America, I doubt for a second that the hip hop crowd and/or black athlete is going to listen to white people try and come up with a way to prevent or curb this, or even go for a "group effort", the hardcore folks want it done their way, with their people, we all know this for pete's sake - am I a rcist for pointing that out? NO, it's the truth but I have to admit, I don't know the stats for Black Gun Violence, I am just as concerned about white Child Predators, both topics are a hot button here in Florida right now because too many of both groups seem to want to live here lately.

Iowanian
02-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Hope JayZ's bitch, LJ is paying attention.

He might as well be hanging onto his outturned front pocket in the yard.

vailpass
02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Of course, I didn't hear anything about Jason Seahorn, Alex Smith or Rex Grossman hip hopping it up at a party and shooting up the joint while hanging out with Linkin Park, and they are young males with alot of money too.

I know I am the unpopular vote here, but even though in spirit it is in fact "our problem" being America, I doubt for a second that the hip hop crowd and/or black athlete is going to listen to white people try and come up with a way to prevent or curb this, or even go for a "group effort", the hardcore folks want it done their way, with their people, we all know this for pete's sake - am I a rcist for pointing that out? NO, it's the truth but I have to admit, I don't know the stats for Black Gun Violence, I am just as concerned about white Child Predators, both topics are a hot button here in Florida right now because too many of both groups seem to want to live here lately.

Yep. The turth of the matter is the hip-hop culture attracts thugs and gangbangers and breeds violence in the streets. Check this out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070220

Iowanian
02-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Artist/Band: Cash Johnny
Lyrics for Song: Don't Take Your Guns to Town
Lyrics for Album: 16 Biggest Hits

A young cowboy named Billy Joe
Grew restless on the farm
A boy filled with wanderlust
Who really meant no harm
He changed his clothes and shined his boots
And combed his dark hair down
And his mother cried as he walked out;

Refrain:
"Don't take your guns to town, son
Leave your guns at home, Bill
Don't take your guns to town."

He sang a song as on he rode,
His guns hung at his hips
He rode into a cattle town,
A smile upon his lips
He stopped and walked into a bar and laid his money down
But his mother's words echoed again;

Refrain:

He drank his first strong liquor then to calm his shaking hand
And tried to tell himself at last he had become a man
A dusty cowpoke at his side began to laugh him down
And he heard again his mother's words;

Refrain:

Bill was raged and Billy Joe reached for his gun to draw
But the stranger drew his gun and fired before he even saw
As Billy Joe fell to the floor the crowd all gathered 'round
And wondered at his final words;

Refrain:

Deberg_1990
02-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Hope JayZ's bitch, LJ is paying attention.

Ive yet to hear one negative story about LJ and JayZ hanging out together. As long as LJ continues to put up 1700 yard seasons and keeps his nose clean, he can hang out with Charles Manson for all i care....

stevieray
02-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I think the "thug" bankroll will eventually fade away...more dads than fathers.

great replies, way2kalm..kudos for your honesty.

Iowanian
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM
I hadn't heard a story about Nelly and Packman shooting it out with Tupac until today either.

LJ DID pistol whip his lady friend a couple of years ago.(allegedly)

Las Vegas must be turning into the Tombstone or Deadwood for rappers and wealthy athletes.

Deberg_1990
02-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I hadn't heard a story about Nelly and Packman shooting it out with Tupac until today either.

LJ DID pistol whip his lady friend a couple of years ago.(allegedly)

Pacman has had a history of this stuff....LJ seems like a level headed guy to me. He just wants to have some fun and of course get paid. Who doesnt??

Ultra Peanut
02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
wow, real shocker right therePacman, or the racism?

Ebolapox
02-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Pacman, or the racism?

I'll take both for 1000 please, alex

[alex trabek] and that's our daily double today, folks