PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Cabbie Charged With Running Over Students After Religious Dispute

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Would a practitioner of any religion other than Islam react this way? WTF.

Muslim Cabbie Charged With Running Over Students After Religious Dispute

Tuesday , February 20, 2007

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252783,00.html

NASHVILLE, Tenn.
A Muslim cabdriver from Somalia ran over two college students near Vanderbilt University after getting into an argument with them about religion, police said.

Ibrahim Ahmed, 37, a driver for United Cab, picked up two men near the Vanderbilt campus early Sunday morning, Capt. Mike Alexander of the Nashville Police Department said, referring to the incident report.

The two men, reportedly college students from Ohio who were visiting Nashville, were on their way back to the campus.

A conversation about religion ensued between the driver and his two fares. The local FOX affiliate in Nashville confirmed from a friend and fellow co-worker that Ahmed is a Sunni Muslim from Somalia.

At some point, according to the police, the two men exited the cab, and the cabbie also got out. They paid him his fare, and then they exchanged words.

According to the incident report, Ahmed then returned to his cab as the students fled on foot. Ahmed then allegedly drove across a parking lot, jumped a curb and struck the two men.

One of the students, identified as Jeremy Invus, was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with critical injuries. The other passenger, Andrew Nelson, avoided the cab.

Hospital spokeswoman Kathy Rivers told FOX News that Invus is recuperating and does not want to talk to the media about the incident.

Ahmed, charged with assault and attempted homicide, is being held on $300,000 bond. He also was also charged with theft because police said the license plate on his cab was listed as stolen.

"We are working with the police to see what happened," United Cab manager Cherrie Machado said.

"I don't believe he will be working here anymore, but that is up to the licensing cab board whether they will pull his permit and the owners of the company."

Machado said she would not feel "comfortable" to have Ahmed back working at the company. She noted that he also teaches English as a second language next door to the cab company.

FOX news' Sharon Fain and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Demonpenz
02-20-2007, 12:03 PM
religion of peace

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Would a practitioner of any religion other than Islam react this way?

OF COURSE NOT

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Would a practitioner of any religion other than Islam react this way?

LOL
Is this question serious?

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
What I find funny is that this is only news because it was a muslim and two christians. If they were fighting about anything else, Fox News wouldn't give a shit.

Ultra Peanut
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Would a practitioner of any religion other than Islam react this way? WTF.Nope, can't think of any (http://armyofgod.com/PHillonepage.html). Only Islam can count lunatics among its followers.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 12:11 PM
LOL
Is this question serious?

Of course it is. And here come the Muslim apologists. I am non-religious, but I find it a little humorous that the biggest bashers of Christians are often the first to come running to defend bad behavior of Muslims. Can't all religions be held to the same standard?

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:12 PM
What I find funny is that this is only news because it was a muslim and two christians. If they were fighting about anything else, Fox News wouldn't give a shit.

I agree...

Christmas is UNDER ATTACK!!!!!

HolmeZz
Of course it is. And here come the Muslim apologists. I am non-religious, but I find it a little humorous that the biggest bashers of Christians are often the first to come running to defend bad behavior of Muslims. Can't all religions be held to the same standard?

I think we're in agreement that all religions have their nutjobs.

crazycoffey
Nope, can't think of any (http://armyofgod.com/PHillonepage.html). Only Islam can count lunatics among its followers.

ROFL

yup, lunatics come in all shapes and sizes, races and religions, sex and age.

but I also agree, if they agrued about politcs this wouldn't be as newsworthy.

FringeNC
Nope, can't think of any (http://armyofgod.com/PHillonepage.html). Only Islam can count lunatics among its followers.

How the **** is that similar..there is no comparison.

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:13 PM

I am a Christian.
I am a Muslim apologist, as well.

Are you seriously under the impression that morons are only confined to Islam?

That is a laughable position to take.

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:14 PM
I think we're in agreement that all religions have their nutjobs.

I don't think Fringe agrees.

crazycoffey
How the **** is that similar..there is no comparison.

your kidding, right?

Ultra Peanut
DAMN SANDNIGGERS!

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:15 PM
DAMN SANDNIGGERS!

ah crap, I'm leaving this thread.....

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:15 PM
your kidding, right?

The funny thing is that I don't think he is.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 12:16 PM
I am a Christian.
I am a Muslim apologist, as well.

Are you seriously under the impression that morons are only confined to Islam?

That is a laughable position to take.

It's a question of conditional probability. Why is it so ****ing hard to understand that while all religions have nutjobs, it is the ratio of such nutjobs that is important.

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:16 PM
DAMN SANDNIGGERS!

Thank you for having the courage and conviction not to be PC in this world of PC!!! ROFL

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:17 PM
It's a question of conditional probability. Why is it so ****ing hard to understand that while all religions have nutjobs, it is the ratio of such nutjobs that is important.

SO what is the ratio of Muslims running over two guys to Muslims?

Ultra Peanut
Thank you for having the courage and conviction not to be PC in this world of PC!!! ROFLI hate them ragheads.

Mile High Mania
wow

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't think Fringe agrees.

Of course there are a lot of Christian nutjobs. But what I think of a Christian nutjob is a person who writes the FCC after a wardrobe malfunction at the Super Bowl. An Islamic nutjob attempts to run over two strangers who he argued religion with.

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 12:19 PM

The first sentence of this thread implied that only somebody who practices Islam could react in that manner.

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Of course there are a lot of Christian nutjobs. But what I think of a Christian nutjob is a person who writes the FCC after a wardrobe malfunction at the Super Bowl. An Islamic nutjob attempts to run over two strangers who he argued religion with.

I think that at ANY point in history, including today, you would find MANY Christians who kill for their beliefs.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I hate them ragheads.

I didn't know religion and race were the same thing you ****ing imbecile.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:21 PM

you said you're not religious, but have you studied these religions?
But the direction you are heading is like a muslim saying that many christians believe in polygamy simply because there are radical Mormons who do and they are on display with the HBO's hit. Mormons are a christian religion, but it is fair to say this practice is a minority of Mormons and virtually all other Christian Demographics. Yet it is all over the news and on TV.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Scientoligists, or something

Donger
02-20-2007, 12:25 PM

How do you know they are Christians?

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 12:25 PM
A cannot believe the head-in-the-sand ignorance amongst you PC left'ers. Talk to someone involved in airport security and ask if all identifiable groups have the same propensity to engage in terrorism?

You ****ers bash Christians constantly (and I agree with you a lot of the time), yet when someone bashes Islam they are a ****ing racist, even if Islam isn't a race.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:26 PM

but the Christian nutjob posted earlier in this thread was a nut that thought killing doctors and patients at an abortion clinic was doing what god wanted him/her to do.

Hence, it was very idiologically similar.

Listen, no arguement there are radical muslims that train to kill based on Religious beliefs. I agree. I know this. I am only saying that there are other religious nuts, even in our own country.

I studied religion and have a solid core belief that the Christian God is the same God as the Jewish and Muslim God, that we (mankind) have preverted the rest and brought about the situation we are in now with such drastic beliefs.

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 12:26 PM
How do you know they are Christians?

Because I saw the report on Fox News. They made damn sure to mention it.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I think that at ANY point in history, including today, you would find MANY Christians who kill for their beliefs.

I prefer living in the twenty-first century, not the seventh century. Thanks for making my point.

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:28 PM
I prefer living in the twenty-first century, not the seventh century. Thanks for making my point.

Which point?
You've changed it three times int his brief thread.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:29 PM

if your point was to jump around and make a bunch of monkey noises without really saying anything of significance, than yes you made your point.

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:31 PM
You ****ers bash Christians constantly (and I agree with you a lot of the time), yet when someone bashes Islam they are a ****ing racist, even if Islam isn't a race.

Trust me... if someone said that only Christians were capable of being insane, and then followed that up with a backpedalling "Most" Christians are insane... I'd be bashing them as well.

An idiotic blanket statement is the refuge of a coward, no matter who the statement is about.

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 12:31 PM
A cannot believe the head-in-the-sand ignorance amongst you PC left'ers. Talk to someone involved in airport security and ask if all identifiable groups have the same propensity to engage in terrorism?

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard on so many levels.

You aren't racist, but you sound silly when you try and make it seem as if Islam is the only religion that could produce someone who'd act like that. It's hard to take a claim like that seriously.

Donger
02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Because I saw the report on Fox News. They made damn sure to mention it.

Just found this:

"The ordeal began early Sunday after a conversation about religion ensued between Ahmed and his two fares. The local FOX affiliate in Nashville confirmed from a friend and fellow co-worker that Ahmed is a Sunni Muslim from Somalia. One of the men in the cab was Protestant, while the other was Catholic."

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
By the way.

Can you point out exactly what is "PC" about my view? I'm beginning to think that that phrase doesn't mean what a bunch of you that spew it out think it means.

gblowfish
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Here's another fun story from today. Those Islamic countries are just kooky!
Man, these people all need to get loaded and laid. Seriously.

Islamic spies to snoop on lovers

Tue Feb 20th

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - A Malaysian state plans to recruit "spies" from the public to snoop on unmarried lovers and report them to Islamic religious authorities, a newspaper said Tuesday.

The Terengganu state government plans to enlist the part-time spies to look out for un-Islamic behavior, such as unmarried couples kissing or holding hands, the Star daily said.

"Some of these 'spies' could be waitresses or even janitors at hotels acting as auxiliary undercover agents for our religious department," the head of the state government's Islamic and welfare committee, Rosol Wahid, was quoted as saying.

"Accurate details are required for the enforcement officers to act, otherwise they could be pouncing on married couples."

Last October, religious police in another part of this mainly Muslim country caused an outcry when they mistakenly raided the rented holiday apartment of a Christian American couple on suspicion that they were unmarried Muslims in "close proximity."

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
but the Christian nutjob posted earlier in this thread was a nut that thought killing doctors and patients at an abortion clinic was doing what god wanted him/her to do.

Hence, it was very idiologically similar.

Listen, no arguement there are radical muslims that train to kill based on Religious beliefs. I agree. I know this. I am only saying that there are other religious nuts, even in our own country.

I studied religion and have a solid core belief that the Christian God is the same God as the Jewish and Muslim God, that we (mankind) have preverted the rest and brought about the situation we are in now with such drastic beliefs.

I don't care about any of that stuff. I care about what is the observed behavior of religious practitioners. Sure, we have Christian nutjobs.

Here is a good example. Penn and Teller had a show that just ravaged Christianity and the Bible. And they weren't ****ing scared of the backlash. When asked if they would do a similar episode featuring the Koran, they laughed and said something to the effect "Are you crazy?". And I think we know why.

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Just found this:

"The ordeal began early Sunday after a conversation about religion ensued between Ahmed and his two fares. The local FOX affiliate in Nashville confirmed from a friend and fellow co-worker that Ahmed is a Sunni Muslim from Somalia. One of the men in the cab was Protestant, while the other was Catholic."

Wouldn't surprise me. Fox called'em Christians though.

Donger
02-20-2007, 12:36 PM

I'll bet the Catholic pushed the Protestant into the path of the cab.

Phobia
02-20-2007, 12:37 PM

IRA

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 12:38 PM
An idiotic blanket statement is the refuge of a coward, no matter who the statement is about.

No, us non-PCers believe in Bayesian updating. You guys believe in throwing information away.

Sully
IRA

The more you chase... the more he'll move the goalposts...

Baby Lee
DAMN SANDNIGGERS!
Damn, just flashed to a cartoon image of Wile-E-UPote chasing furiously after the Fringerunner, when he is frozen in midair and the caption 'Tedious in Extremis' flashed onscreen below him.

crazycoffey
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Donger
Just found this:

I thought Protestant and Catholics WERE Christians. Do they or do they not believe in Jesus?

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:39 PM
I'll bet the Catholic pushed the Protestant into the path of the cab.

ROFL

hear the one about the irish catholic and the protestant who went for a cab ride........

Donger
02-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Donger
Just found this:

I thought Protestant and Catholics WERE Christians. Do they or do they not believe in Jesus?

Yes, they both are. Protestants are better Christians, though.

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:41 PM
No, us non-PCers believe in Bayesian updating. You guys believe in throwing information away.

You'll have to help me understand this whole "throwing info away" thing.

Is that like saying only one religion is capable of doing something, regardless of evidence that it is not true, neither 700 years ago, nor today?

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 12:44 PM

There are differences. Saying 'two christians' just hits closer to home with Fox's agenda.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:46 PM
There are differences. Saying 'two christians' just hits closer to home with Fox's agenda.

I don't see the differences as being significant enough to persuade an agenda.

Baby Lee
02-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Man shot in argument over James Brown's height

Two Atmore men exchanged gunfire Monday, injuring one of them when the friends got into an argument about how tall the recently deceased soul singer James Brown was, police said.

Officers said David James Brooks Jr. walked into the police station Monday, saying he had been shot. Paramedics rushed to the office and took Brooks to a local hospital. Minutes later, Dan Gulley Jr. walked into the police station, saying that he had shot Brooks.

Information on Brooks' condition was not immediately available today.
Would persons knowledgeable about the height of any other celebrity react this way? WTF.

Donger
02-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Can anyone remember the name of the movie which had a scene of a Muslim cabbie crying over some song playing on his radio? I think it was a comedy.

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't see the differences as being significant enough to persuade an agenda.

It hits closer to home with most of their audience than 'a catholic and a protestant'. :p

Simply Red
02-20-2007, 12:49 PM
I love this thread!

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 12:51 PM
You'll have to help me understand this whole "throwing info away" thing.

Is that like saying only one religion is capable of doing something, regardless of evidence that it is not true, neither 700 years ago, nor today?

I don't care about whether Christianity is morally superior to Islam. What I care about is today's behavior. Christian fundamentalist can be very irritating, especially the Southern Baptist variety. Yet I would never fear engaging one in a discussion. They are not going to run over me. Sure, there are abortion clinic related Christian murders. Not many. But a few. Those are the premeditated action of a few crazies. Here, we have a guy that was so tied to his religion, that he attempted to kill a stranger in a crime of passion. 21st century Christianity just does not encourage such behavior.

Sully
02-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Sure, there are abortion clinic related Christian murders. Not many. But a few. Those are the premeditated action of a few crazies. Here, we have a guy that was so tied to his religion, that he attempted to kill a stranger in a crime of passion.

Explain to me how these two things are different... at all... in any way.

Unless I missed the part of the story where there is a GROUP of muslim cabbies running over Christian guys who dare engage them in conversation about religion.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I don't care about whether Christianity is morally superior to Islam. What I care about is today's behavior. Christian fundamentalist can be very irritating, especially the Southern Baptist variety. Yet I would never fear engaging one in a discussion. They are not going to run over me. Sure, there are abortion clinic related Christian murders. Not many. But a few. Those are the premeditated action of a few crazies. Here, we have a guy that was so tied to his religion, that he attempted to kill a stranger in a crime of passion. 21st century Christianity just does not encourage such behavior.

I fear you non-religious types more than the muslims. There is no code to study, or book to read to understand your moral stance, I can only go off of your words and actions.

jiveturkey
02-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Fat suburban moms will try and run you over if you take their "close" spot at the mall. They hate going to the mall and having to walk.

Fat Suburban Moms are DANGEROUS!!!

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Explain to me how these two things are different... at all... in any way.

Unless I missed the part of the story where there is a GROUP of muslim cabbies running over Christian guys who dare engage them in conversation about religion.

The point is that the Abortion bombers are the Christian equivalent of "Al-qaida". It is not some run-of-the-mill Christian that does that. You can bet the Christian is part of some radical sect. Here, we have a guy that just snaps over a religious conversation.

Simply Red
02-20-2007, 01:02 PM
we need Believer to post threads again to help us with our frivolous behavior.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 01:02 PM
I fear you non-religious types more than the muslims. There is no code to study, or book to read to understand your moral stance, I can only go off of your words and actions.

Yeah, those atheistic Swedes are a menace, aren't they?

Sully
02-20-2007, 01:05 PM
The point is that the Abortion bombers are the Christian equivalent of "Al-qaida". It is not some run-of-the-mill Christian that does that. You can bet the Christian is part of some radical sect. Here, we have a guy that just snaps over a religious conversation.

LOL

This is a ridiculous conversation.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 01:06 PM
LOL

This is a ridiculous conversation.

By the way, why do you think Penn and Teller declined to do the show on the Koran?

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah, those atheistic Swedes are a menace, aren't they?

Are you Swedish?

Sully
02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
By the way, why do you think Penn and Teller declined to do the show on the Koran?

Because people are sensitive to it right now.

Does that have anything to do with what we are talking about?

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Are you Swedish?

Nope. Just used Swedes as an example of a non-religious group.

Reaper16
02-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Htismaqe -- how many complaints have been filed about this thread already?

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Nope. Just used Swedes as an example of a non-religious group.

but you said you were non-religious.

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 01:12 PM

Do people really fill out complaints?

I'd love to hear some of'em. ROFL

bogie
02-20-2007, 01:16 PM

ROFL

StcChief

I'd love to hear some of'em. ROFLYeah. good reading.

I'm probably on the NON-PC list. :rolleyes: DILIGAF.

FringeNC
Because people are sensitive to it right now.

Does that have anything to do with what we are talking about?

Yes. It's central to what we are talking about. We'd all agree that all religions have their crazies. Yet Penn and Teller feel free to ridicule Christians, but not Muslims. Why? I think they'd feel free to ridicule Pagans, too. Or Buddhists. Etc.

One religion does not seem to understand that ridicule is a component of freedom of expression. If this were an anomaly, fine. It's not. Danish cartoon brewhaha, Rushdie bounty, Van Gogh murder in Holland. The guy at UNC running over a bunch of students...

bogie
02-20-2007, 01:26 PM

Im guessing because their writers thought it was a good joke. I'm guessing the question was a total set up for a great punch line.

Sully
02-20-2007, 01:27 PM
How many people died due to the Danish Cartoon controversy, and the Rushdie thing?

It seems that the majority understand it's just speech, and react accordingly, regardless of what some whacko leader says. Otherwise, as Islam is one of the larger religions in the world, there would be piles of dead MFers. Unless you are stating on one hand that we should only fear Muslims, and on the other that they, as a group, are incredibly inept at following through on their uniquely evil intentions.

...Or could it be that this is simply the story of one lone whacko, who happens to be Muslim, and also happens not to have the ability to deal with a few words being thrown his way?

Donger
02-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Okay, this is driving me nuts. Does anyone know what film that is from?

Sully
02-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Okay, this is driving me nuts. Does anyone know what film that is from?

It sounds familiar... but I can't place it.

InChiefsHell
02-20-2007, 01:37 PM
THAT dude sounds like a lot of fun at parties...

Reaper16
02-20-2007, 01:38 PM

I'd love to hear some of'em. ROFL
Apparently Parker has been inundated with complaints lately. People are too quick to get their panties twisted up.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 01:46 PM
How many people died due to the Danish Cartoon controversy, and the Rushdie thing?

It seems that the majority understand it's just speech, and react accordingly, regardless of what some whacko leader says. Otherwise, as Islam is one of the larger religions in the world, there would be piles of dead MFers. Unless you are stating on one hand that we should only fear Muslims, and on the other that they, as a group, are incredibly inept at following through on their uniquely evil intentions.

...Or could it be that this is simply the story of one lone whacko, who happens to be Muslim, and also happens not to have the ability to deal with a few words being thrown his way?

You don't think those events have a chilling effect on freedom of expressions? Since no one died (which isn't the case in the cartoon fiasco) it is no big deals?

And there are hundreds of thousands (perhaps more than 1 million) of MFers dying in Sudan at the hands of Muslim aggressors.

InChiefsHell
02-20-2007, 01:48 PM
:rolleyes:
...yer going to hell...

:p

Sully
02-20-2007, 01:50 PM
no... i don't think people using free speech is bad for free speech.

InChiefsHell
02-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Mr. Cab Drivuh...**** you, I'm a survivor!

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 01:53 PM
You don't think those events have a chilling effect on freedom of expressions? Since no one died (which isn't the case in the cartoon fiasco) it is no big deals?

And there are hundreds of thousands (perhaps more than 1 million) of MFers dying in Sudan at the hands of Muslim aggressors.

you're right, blanket statements over all muslims is the way to go. I now agree with you and will prove it with my own blanket statement.

if you call yourself christian in anyway (even Catholic) than we should not try to talk with an islamic person, we should just run them over before they have a chance to run us over.

Oh and make fun of them more at your respected posts of duty, magazine, print, video, where ever you work.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 01:57 PM
no... i don't think people using free speech is bad for free speech.

What? We are talking about a film-maker being viscously murdered in broad daylight because a Muslim didn't like his film. Regarding the cartoon thing, we had embassies torched. Is that exercising free speech? What about Khomeni's death bounty on Salman Rushdie? Khomeni was simply exercising his 1st amendment rights?

Laughing at the cabby's religious beliefs IS certainly lawful activity. Running down passengers isn't.

Sully
02-20-2007, 02:03 PM
You are doing a great job of pointing out Muslim whackos.

You simply aren't helping your point that only Islam has whackos. For every whacko you can point out, I can name someone of anothe rreligion.

Unless you are changing the point, again.

RJ
02-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Yep, definitely gotta watch out for the fat women. There's religion, but then there's double cheeseburgers.

http://www.wayodd.com/revengeful-woman-hits-mcdonalds-patrons-with-car/v/3818/

An angry McDonald's customer ran her car over two other customers following a dispute over who was next in line. Police are looking for the woman who is still at large.

Melinda Ann Thomas, 34, and Linda Ann Thomas, 51, were standing in a crowded line at McDonald's early Saturday morning as they waited to order breakfast, police told Athens Banner-Herald.

A cashier opened a new line and they stepped to the front of it, a move that angered another customer who was waiting to order.

According to the Poilce report, the unidentified woman started yelling at them and threatened to kill them.

The woman then left the restaurant before the Thomases and waited for them in her dark blue Jeep Cherokee in the parking lot, witnesses told police. As the Thomases made their way to their car, witnesses said the woman pulled out of her parking space and sped toward the women, striking them both with the passenger side of the Jeep.

Neither woman was badly injured, the report said.

The woman is being sought by police on charges of aggravated assault.

Donger
02-20-2007, 02:07 PM
My head is going to f*cking explode.

Where's Baby Lee when one needs him?

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 02:07 PM
you're right, blanket statements over all muslims is the way to go. I now agree with you and will prove it with my own blanket statement.

if you call yourself christian in anyway (even Catholic) than we should not try to talk with an islamic person, we should just run them over before they have a chance to run us over.

Oh and make fun of them more at your respected posts of duty, magazine, print, video, where ever you work.

Didn't know I was advocating a policy position. Thought I was just pointing out that Islam has a proclivity to engage in violence against non-believers. Evidently, if I were to make the statement that "Men are taller than women" you'd respond with the simpleton "How can you say that. Not all men are taller than all women." Okay. Whatever.

Pitt Gorilla
02-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Didn't know I was advocating a policy position. Thought I was just pointing out that Islam has a proclivity to engage in violence against non-believers. Evidently, if I were to make the statement that "Men are taller than women" you'd respond with the simpleton "How can you say that. Not all men are taller than all women." Okay. Whatever.I'm guessing that logic isn't your strong point.

Sully
02-20-2007, 02:11 PM
You didn't say "Men are taller than women."

You said "No woman is taller than a man."

chagrin
02-20-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm guessing that logic isn't your strong point.

You're a short person aren't you... :p

j/k dude

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm guessing that logic isn't your strong point.

No. I am guessing you've never been exposed to statistical analysis. Everyone knows that all men are not taller than all women, but saying "Men are taller than women" is statistical shorthand for saying that the mean height of men is larger than the men height of women.

Randomly choose a man and a women. The probability is far greater that the man will be taller.

My guess is that inductive logic is an unknown concept to you.

Pitt Gorilla
02-20-2007, 02:24 PM
No. I am guessing you've never been exposed to statistical analysis. Everyone knows that all men are not taller than all women, but saying "Men are taller than women" is statistical shorthand for saying that the mean height of men is larger than the men height of women.

Randomly choose a man and a women. The probability is far greater that the man will be taller.

My guess is that inductive logic is an unknown concept to you.
Actually, I teach inductive and deductive logic. I'm no expert, but the concepts are far from unknown.

Perhaps you should revisit your initial statement: Would a practitioner of any religion other than Islam react this way?

Are you suggesting the answer is no?

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 02:24 PM
You didn't say "Men are taller than women."

You said "No woman is taller than a man."

Yes, and in a world without perfect information, all we can do is talk about probabilities.

Baby Lee
02-20-2007, 02:27 PM

Only crying in cars to music I can recall at present is Magnolia. Don't recall any Muslim cabbies in that scene, though.

Pitt Gorilla
02-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Yes, and in a world without perfect information, all we can do is talk about probabilities.What percentage of Islamic cabbies run over people after religious arguments? What percentage of non-Islamic cabbies run over people after religious arguments? Is there a significant difference?

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Didn't know I was advocating a policy position. Thought I was just pointing out that Islam has a proclivity to engage in violence against non-believers. Evidently, if I were to make the statement that "Men are taller than women" you'd respond with the simpleton "How can you say that. Not all men are taller than all women." Okay. Whatever.

no, you're right, I don't know what I was thinking..... oh wait, here it is....

Would a practitioner of any religion other than Islam react this way? WTF.

stevieray
02-20-2007, 02:29 PM
it doesn't matter what religion the parties involved believed in, just that the topic of religion instigated the incident.

lots of people out there searching for the truth.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Actually, I teach inductive and deductive logic. I'm no expert, but the concepts are far from unknown.

Perhaps you should revisit your initial statement: Would a practitioner of any religion other than Islam react this way?

Are you suggesting the answer is no?

Of course I am not saying "no". All I am saying is that the probability to react that way varies across contemporary religious denominations. And somehow saying that appears to be very controversial.

seclark
02-20-2007, 02:32 PM
it doesn't matter what religion the parties involved believed in, just that the topic of religion instigated the incident.

bottom line is a couple students were foolish enough to take strong words to a cab fight.
sec

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 02:33 PM

lots of people out there searching for the truth.

amen, brother

stevieray
02-20-2007, 02:34 PM
bottom line is a couple students were foolish enough to take strong words to a cab fight.
sec

:clap:

Sully
02-20-2007, 02:34 PM
sec

I very rarely laugh "out loud" at something on the internet... but this one did it.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 02:35 PM
no, you're right, I don't know what I was thinking..... oh wait, here it is....

Okay. So there was some exaggeration in my initial post, but that hasn't been what we have been arguing about since then.

That a contemporary Muslim is more likely to engage in religion-inspired violence than a Christian...will you buy that form of the argument?

Rooster
02-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Speaking of tall women, did you know all women in the WNBA are lesbian?

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 02:38 PM

The tall lesbians are more likely to run you down with a car than the short ones.

FringeNC
02-20-2007, 02:39 PM
sec

I dunno. The guy attempted to kill 'em with his cab. Seems a little bit more than a typical fight.

Rooster
02-20-2007, 02:45 PM
The tall lesbians are more likely to run you down with a car than the short ones.

I've heard that.

HolmeZz
02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
I've heard that.

I assume because they have a much easier time reaching the pedal.

Donger
02-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Only crying in cars to music I can recall at present is Magnolia. Don't recall any Muslim cabbies in that scene, though.

Damn. IIRC, the actor is going through some tough emotional times and hops into a cab. The cabbie is Arabic and is listening to some kind of Arabic music while crying his eyes out. The actor says, "Ummm, are you okay?" The cabbie stops crying and says, "Yes, I am fine." Then loses it to the music again.

For some reason, I picture Ben Stiller in my head, but I'm not sure.

Frazod
02-20-2007, 02:52 PM

I don't think Parker's seen this one yet - he must be busy today.

I also figure UP will be getting a week-long time out as soon as Parker sees post 15.

bogie
02-20-2007, 02:58 PM

Was it When Harry met Sally? Seems like I remember something about that.

Sully
02-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Damn. IIRC, the actor is going through some tough emotional times and hops into a cab. The cabbie is Arabic and is listening to some kind of Arabic music while crying his eyes out. The actor says, "Ummm, are you okay?" The cabbie stops crying and says, "Yes, I am fine." Then loses it to the music again.

Could it have been "Quick Change" with Bill Murray, and Gina Davis?
Tony Shalhoub played a pretty funny cabbie in that one.

Donger
02-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Was it When Harry met Sally? Seems like I remember something about that.

No. It was more recent, within the last few years.

Donger
Could it have been "Quick Change" with Bill Murray, and Gina Davis?
Tony Shalhoub played a pretty funny cabbie in that one.

No. The cabbie wasn't someone that I can name.

bogie
40 year old virgin?

bogie
02-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Wizard of Oz? No that was the gate keeper that cried. He looked kind of Muslimish.

Iowanian
02-20-2007, 03:08 PM
DAMN SANDNIGGERS!

I guess the Tranny gets a pass........

RJ
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM

I've also heard that all lesbians play basketball.

RJ
02-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Sounds like a Jim Jarmusch movie. Could it be this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102536/

RJ
02-20-2007, 04:09 PM
More info.....

http://www.sensesofcinema.com/contents/directors/03/jarmusch.html

An excerpt from that link:

While he does avoid major Hollywood studios, Jarmusch has no problem collaborating with well known actors. His first experiment was with Night On Earth (1992), which featured famous movie stars, Winona Ryder, Gena Rowlands, and Rosie Perez. Jarmusch returned to the structure he used so well in Mystery Train, but expanded its scope. Night On Earth is broken up into five stories that all occur at the same time but in different cities all over the world with the action restricted to taxi cab rides. Jarmusch uses these encounters as springboards for interesting, often hilarious, sometimes tragic discussions ranging from acting in movies to circus clowns to sex with farm animals.

Donger
02-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Nope. This film was within a few years of present.

Baby Lee
02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
More details, was it a comedy a dramedy, action flick?
When you say actor, you mean the character was an actor, or are you referring to the fact that the person playing the passenger is an actor in real life [duh]?
Other scenes? Where was the cab going? Where were they coming from?
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY!!!

jidar
02-20-2007, 04:45 PM
lol. Fringe is a moron

38yrsfan
02-20-2007, 04:46 PM
I've heard that.

recent scientific discovery about gay dinosaurs - the lickalotapus.

bogie
02-20-2007, 04:46 PM
When you say actor, you mean the character was an actor, or are you referring to the fact that the person playing the passenger is an actor in real life [duh]?

I've described the scene around my office and no one has been able to think of it.

Baby Lee
02-20-2007, 04:47 PM
recent scientific discovery about gay dinosaurs - the lickalotapus.
And the megasoreass.

Baby Lee
02-20-2007, 04:49 PM
I've described the scene around my office and no one has been able to think of it.
'But what does it do?'
'It doesn't DO anything. That's the beauty of it!'

Donger
02-20-2007, 05:26 PM

It was a comedy. I don't know the answers to the other questions.

Ultra Peanut
02-20-2007, 05:49 PM
All Nigerians are scammers.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvyrzQldOKE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvyrzQldOKE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

RJ
02-20-2007, 05:58 PM

Then I'll be no help, as I have a kid who was born within a few years of present......unless it's a Pixar movie, those I know real well. Real, real well.

Rain Man
02-20-2007, 08:53 PM

Cab on a Hot Tin Roof?
The Taxi's Chain Saw Massacre?
20,000 Meters Beneath the Sea?
Fare-is Bueller's Day Off?

mdstu
02-20-2007, 09:16 PM
If you play that scene in your head, with the car going across a parking lot and over a curb, do you think that you could keep from being hit by the car.

For some reason I don't think he could hit me. I would have to be caught off guard, but the story says they fled on foot as he returned to the car.

alanm
02-20-2007, 10:08 PM
I've also heard that all lesbians play basketball.I thought that was golf.

boogblaster
02-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Put him on a camel, send him down a two-mile train-tunnel, with a freight train coming with a ten mile head of steam...

Rain Man
02-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I thought that was golf.

I thought it was naked oil wrestling.

Or are those just actresses pretending to be lesbian...?

HolmeZz
02-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Cab on a Hot Tin Roof?
The Taxi's Chain Saw Massacre?
20,000 Meters Beneath the Sea?
Fare-is Bueller's Day Off?

How'd you miss Cabby Shack?

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2007, 12:17 AM
This thread reinforces why i am not proud of the human race as a whole. The dumbassery is simply astounding, now if you will scuse me i have some abortion doctors to take care of.

RedDread
02-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Are we in DC yet?

Baby Lee
02-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Gah!! (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/21/nmuslim21.xml)

chagrin
02-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Gah!! (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/21/nmuslim21.xml)

That's sad, but could we please move this to DC already?

StcChief
02-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Put him on a camel, send him down a two-mile train-tunnel, with a freight train coming with a ten mile head of steam...
In Iraq

Dave Lane
02-22-2007, 12:53 PM

So 2.3% crazy is much better than 3.2% crazy. OK got it...

Dave

Inspector
02-22-2007, 01:49 PM

Is it All lunatics are Muslims - or - all Muslims are lunatics?
Or Some muslims are lunatics and some lunatics are muslim??

This is so confusing.

Duck Dog
02-22-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't know who to laugh at more. The Muslim apologists or the hall monitors begging for the thread to be moved to DC.

Every religion has their nut cases, that's a fact. But no religion can top Islam, they have the most and the biggest.