PDA

View Full Version : KU Helper , # 1 Wisconsin goes down .........

ROYC75
02-20-2007, 10:04 PM
March is just around the corner boys and girls........

:KU: Rock Chalk Jayhawks :KU:

ROYC75
02-20-2007, 10:06 PM
MU over OU
Tx over TT

Go OSU , beat aTm

Skip Towne
02-20-2007, 10:08 PM
We win! We win!

chiefsfan987
02-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I may be all alone in this but I don't want Kansas to be a #1 seed. Too much pressure.

leviw
02-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I may be all alone in this but I don't want Kansas to be a #1 seed. Too much pressure.

You're right. Make them a 3 or 4 like the last two years, so there's no pressure.

:shake:

Mr. Plow
02-20-2007, 11:03 PM
I'd rather see them a #2.

ROYC75
02-20-2007, 11:05 PM

Unless we do a complete collapse, we have at worst a 3, most likely a 2 seed. FTR, I want a # 1 seed, why not ? But in the end, it doesn't really matter, to be the best you have to beat the best.

leviw
02-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Unless we do a complete collapse, we have at worst a 3, most likely a 2 seed. FTR, I want a # 1 seed, why not ? But in the end, it doesn't really matter, to be the best you have to beat the best.

Which begs the question...who's the best?

chiefsfan987
02-20-2007, 11:19 PM
You're right. Make them a 3 or 4 like the last two years, so there's no pressure.

:shake:

Personally, I'd rather them give us a #16 seed so we'd garuntee ourselves of not losing out to a Bucknell / Bradley etc. If we won, we'd be the first #16 seed to advance :)

ROYC75
02-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Which begs the question...who's the best?

Crap, KU is , we beat ourselves often ! :shrug: ROFL

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2007, 01:21 AM
I would much prefer a 1 seed, for a few simple reasons.

1. the last 15 years 9 number 1 seeds have won it all.

2. no 1 has ever lost to a 16 seed (knock on wood there)

3. little chance of playing a nobody or team that could creep up on us. our MO is to beat the great teams and lose to the crappy ones.

4. 1 seeds are sexier for recruiting and major pub.

Sam Hall
02-21-2007, 01:25 AM
KU needs more help if they want a 1 seed. I don't see Wisconsin falling six or seven spots because they lost tonight. Let's see where KU is after Wisconsin plays Ohio State this weekend.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2007, 01:31 AM
KU needs more help if they want a 1 seed. I don't see Wisconsin falling six or seven spots because they lost tonight. Let's see where KU is after Wisconsin plays Ohio State this weekend.

Seeding is not based on poll votes, nor rpi. Also Tosu and Wiscy won't both be 1 seeds.

Sam Hall
02-21-2007, 01:34 AM
Seeding is not based on poll votes, nor rpi. Also Tosu and Wiscy won't both be 1 seeds.

Those aren't the only two teams KU has to deal with.

SPchief
02-21-2007, 01:35 AM

Add in the fact that KU would probably have to run the table in OKC next month to get a number 1. It's possible, but I don't see it happening.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2007, 01:43 AM
Those aren't the only two teams KU has to deal with.

those are the 2 most logical for the 1 seed in the midwest.

Sam Hall
02-21-2007, 01:46 AM
those are the 2 most logical for the 1 seed in the midwest.

The winner of OSU/Wisc this weekend will get the 1 seed in the Midwest. KU will be the 2 seed in the West.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2007, 01:50 AM
The winner of OSU/Wisc this weekend will get the 1 seed in the Midwest. KU will be the 2 seed in the West.

I don't think it's quite that cut and dried. KU wins out including the big 12 tourney, aTm loses 1 of their next 3 (quite possible) and Tosu wins at home vs wiscy then loses another and I like our chances.

SPchief
02-21-2007, 01:54 AM
I don't think it's quite that cut and dried. KU wins out including the big 12 tourney, aTm loses 1 of their next 3 (quite possible) and Tosu wins at home vs wiscy then loses another and I like our chances.

And if K-state wins out, KU loses out, OK St. loses out, Texas loses out, and mizzou loses to one team, Kstate would be the number one seed in the big 12 tourney.

I have know idea if this is true, but this is how bad you sound right now.

Direckshun
02-21-2007, 05:33 AM
When KU gets a #1 seed, they get the easiest path to the Final Four.

It's that simple.

Guru
02-21-2007, 06:01 AM
When KU gets a #1 seed, they get the easiest path to the Final Four.

It's that simple.

I prefer the 2 seed. Even though they have blown it the past couple years, I feel there is less pressure on a 2 seed than on a 1 seed.

DaKCMan AP
02-21-2007, 07:20 AM
Heh. Probably depends on the outcome of the Wisc/OSU game this weekend, but if they didn't play OSU would probably get jumped again and we'd be #1. May happen anyway if Wisconsin wins Sunday.

Lzen
02-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Lot of speculation right now. Wisconsin losing to MSU definitely helped KU, but there's still a few games of basketball to be played. A lot can happen in the next couple of weeks.

Mr. Laz
02-21-2007, 12:35 PM
i just hope that KU doesn't get moved up the ranking too far.

#6 is just fine for now ....... we don't react well to success.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-21-2007, 12:52 PM
As long as we don't have to play a Div II school with name that begins with the letter B we should be ok.

chiefqueen
02-21-2007, 05:41 PM
And if K-state wins out, KU loses out, OK St. loses out, Texas loses out, and mizzou loses to one team, Kstate would be the number one seed in the big 12 tourney.

I have know idea if this is true, but this is how bad you sound right now.

I think the kitties just need to concentrate securing one of the first four seeds in the Big 12 touney thereby avoiding a potential 5-12 "trap" game losing which would send them directly to the NIT.

BTW, this wasn't mentioned by anybody but Mon. night's win by KU mathematically clinched a 1st round bye in the Big 12 tourney for KU (the fifth place team in the conference currently has 6 losses).

Bearcat
02-21-2007, 06:03 PM
A #1 would be nice.. I don't think it would be any more pressure... it might actually be bad to have this team thinking a #16 has never won. When they made it to the NC game against Syracuse, they almost lost to #16 Utah State.

However, I'd rather be a #2 playing in Chicago and then St. Louis or even Lexington/San Antonio than a #1 playing in Sacramento/San Jose or NC/NY.

DJay23
02-21-2007, 06:54 PM
A #1 would be nice.. I don't think it would be any more pressure... it might actually be bad to have this team thinking a #16 has never won. When they made it to the NC game against Syracuse, they almost lost to #16 Utah State.

However, I'd rather be a #2 playing in Chicago and then St. Louis or even Lexington/San Antonio than a #1 playing in Sacramento/San Jose or NC/NY.
I'm fairly certain we were the #2 or 3 seed that year.

I think it was Arizona the #1, # 2 Duke, then us. That would be right. We had to beat Duke to get to the Elite 8 (on our same side of the bracket) then Arizona to get to the Final 4.

Anyway, that would have Made Utah State a 14.

leviw
02-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm fairly certain we were the #2 or 3 seed that year.

I think it was Arizona the #1, # 2 Duke, then us. That would be right. We had to beat Duke to get to the Elite 8 (on our same side of the bracket) then Arizona to get to the Final 4.

Anyway, that would have Made Utah State a 14.

Almost correct.

KU was the No. 2, which made Utah State a 15. Duke was a 3.

KU beat USU in the first, Arizona State in the second, Duke in the sweet 16, Zona in the Elite 8, Marquette in the Final Four.

chiefsfan987
02-21-2007, 07:01 PM
I prefer the 2 seed. Even though they have blown it the past couple years, I feel there is less pressure on a 2 seed than on a 1 seed.

I prefer the 2 seed as well and the 2 seed has the possibility of facing a less tough opponent in the second round than the #1 seed. Every year at least one 10 seed advances. It seems that of all the upsets in the first round, you can always count on at least one 10 advancing and many times its 2 or 3 of them. I'd rather face a #15 followed by a #10 than a #16 followed by an #8.

kstater
02-21-2007, 07:07 PM
So, with Wisconson losing KU still has a shot to be the first team to lose to a 16 seed?

leviw
02-21-2007, 07:17 PM
So, with Wisconson losing KU still has a shot to be the first team to lose to a 16 seed?

Wow, poor timing for a "kstater" to talk smack on the Hawks.

DJay23
02-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Wow, poor timing for a "kstater" to talk smack on the Hawks.
Go easy on him. We're here talking about the NCAA tournament which K-State fans have limited knowledge of.

DJay23
02-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Almost correct.

KU was the No. 2, which made Utah State a 15. Duke was a 3.

KU beat USU in the first, Arizona State in the second, Duke in the sweet 16, Zona in the Elite 8, Marquette in the Final Four.
I knew it was one of those and that we weren't a 1. I remember a lot of us were pissed that:

A) we didn't get a number 1 and...
2) we were put in the "bracket of death."

Worked out alright for us in the end.

See, it's discussions like this that Mizzou and K-State fans just don't get. They like to poke fun at us because we lost in the first round the last 2 years, but back to back final 4's and an overtime from a 3rd in a row are still pretty fresh in everyone's minds.

Pants
02-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I knew it was one of those and that we weren't a 1. I remember a lot of us were pissed that:

See, it's discussions like this that Mizzou and K-State fans just don't get. They like to poke fun at us because we lost in the first round the last 2 years, but back to back final 4's and an overtime from a 3rd in a row are still pretty fresh in everyone's minds.

Shit, the championship game is still pretty fresh in my mind. We could have had Syracuse... dammit.

leviw
02-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Shit, the championship game is still pretty fresh in my mind. We could have had Syracuse... dammit.

Free throws: 12 of 30

DJay23
02-21-2007, 07:56 PM
The Lee shot was GOING IN. I could feel it. Warrick made an unbelievable play to block that shot.

When Hinrich got that 3 at the end to tie, I thought for sure it was going in. Our luck just ran out that year.

If's and but's don't win you shit, but IF we had made 4 more FT's or IF Gerry McNamara hadn't gone absolutely berserk from NBA range, we'd have won it.

Bearcat
02-21-2007, 09:21 PM
I remember I was driving back from spring break in Florida when I got the call "holy shit, we might lose to Utah State"... maybe I'm mixing it up with Holy Cross, because that was pretty close game, too.

Eh... I didn't drink the night of Kansas/Syracuse because I had to drive back from Maryville that night, but I wish I had done something in order to forget it. Warrick was 30 feet in the air.

Skip Towne
02-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Need I remind you that your pathetic POS of a team has lost to KU TWENTY-FOUR straight times? ON YOUR HOME COURT? Shut up you idiot n00b. And it is spelled Wisconsin you retarded prairie dweller.

chiefqueen
02-21-2007, 10:44 PM

KU wasn't a 1 that year b/c the director of the selection committee thought TX beat KU (they hadn't) he also put BYU in a regional playing a Sun. final.

ROYC75
02-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Free throws: 12 of 30

That was the ball game right there............ just a bad night at the line.

ROYC75
02-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Need I remind you that your pathetic POS of a team has lost to KU TWENTY-FOUR straight times? ON YOUR HOME COURT? Shut up you idiot n00b. And it is spelled Wisconsin you retarded prairie dweller.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Get him Skip ..... :D