PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the Super Bowl show about the '80 Raiders on NFL Network?

Rain Man
02-20-2007, 10:21 PM
If you didn't hate the Raiders before, you would certainly hate them afterwards. Matt Millen was talking about how the "Raider rule" was essentially "Figure out how to cheat and then do it". He blatantly said it. He also talked about how he was told to hit the Eagles' Harold Carmichael early in the game, and was told, "Don't worry about an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty".

I really, really, really, really, really hated those old Raiders teams. I possibly hated them more than I've hated the Broncos these past few years.

crazycoffey
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
missed it, but hate the raiders and the broncos equally.

ChiTown
02-20-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm still not fully convinced that Matt Millen isn't retarded.....

Baconeater
02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
If you're not cheating you're not trying. And it's only cheating if you get caught.

Rain Man
02-20-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm still not fully convinced that Matt Millen isn't retarded.....

He was one of the key interviewees, and he did nothing to dispel the notion on this show.

jlscorpio
02-20-2007, 11:59 PM
as long as Millen's employed, at least we only have the 2nd worst GM in the league...

Baby Lee
02-21-2007, 08:30 AM
I hated the one on Madden's Raiders more.
Even taking out the hatred I have as a Chiefs fan, it was objectively embarassing the things they admitted to in that show.
They had a guy whose specialty was turning hands into clubs, hiding hard material under wrapping and taping. Some guy on the team had a 'broken finger' the entire 5 years he was in the league that he'd 'tape' up then jam into opposing player's sternums just below their pads.
And the footage didn't even look like they were interested in playing football. Just wanted to run around and throw their club arms at people's heads.

Redrum_69
02-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Football is supposed to be a rough sport, you pansies need to go play an easier sport..say..Nascar. Well, Nascar isnt considered a sport, all you do is drive around in a circle.

StcChief
02-21-2007, 09:12 AM
The cheatin' catches up to you.

Millen with Lions. has done a whole lotta nothing.

Let's go into Detroit this year and kick their butt.

Rain Man
02-21-2007, 10:50 PM
I hated the one on Madden's Raiders more.
Even taking out the hatred I have as a Chiefs fan, it was objectively embarassing the things they admitted to in that show.
They had a guy whose specialty was turning hands into clubs, hiding hard material under wrapping and taping. Some guy on the team had a 'broken finger' the entire 5 years he was in the league that he'd 'tape' up then jam into opposing player's sternums just below their pads.
And the footage didn't even look like they were interested in playing football. Just wanted to run around and throw their club arms at people's heads.

I haven't seen that one, but it sounds like it would make me mad to see it. Who were the three hooligans that they interviewed?