PDA

View Full Version : K-State stunt angers PETA

sedated
02-23-2007, 08:45 AM
K-State stunt angers PETA
Associated Press

Posted Friday, February 23, 2007

Manhattan — International animal rights organization PETA has made public a letter it sent to Kansas State President Jon Wefald complaining about throwing of live chickens on the basketball court prior to Monday’s game against Kansas University at Bramlage Coliseum.

Jackie Vergerio, who wrote the letter on behalf of PETA, asked the school to ban the use of live animals at all school events.

Vergerio cited reports that at least three chickens were thrown onto the court during player introductions.

Describing chickens as “very intelligent and inquisitive animals,” Vergerio said the chickens appeared to have been subjected to “deafening noise, bright lights, terror, abusive handling and likely death for the sake of amusement,” a practice the group characterized as “needless and deplorable.”

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/feb/23/kstate_stunt_angers_peta/?mens_basketball

god I hate these f*cking people

Extra Point
02-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Very intelligent and inquisitive. And delicious fried or grilled.

Rooster
02-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Only K-State would bring barnyard animals to a basketball game. :p

Skip Towne
02-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I hear they are "quite close" to their animals. Especially the sheep.

Brock
02-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Peta members need to be rounded up and put into camps.

DMAC
02-23-2007, 09:35 AM
I love KSU bball fans

Silock
02-23-2007, 09:41 AM
As much as I dislike KSU, I really, REALLY hate PETA.

Reerun_KC
02-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Queue up William and Saul in defense of sexual exploitation of farm animals...

This could turn out to be a quality debate....

Cochise
02-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Chickens are "very intelligent"?

ChiTown
02-23-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm all for PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

sedated
02-23-2007, 09:56 AM
the chickens appeared to have been subjected to “deafening noise

PETA subjects the world to defeaning stupidity.

I wish for all of them to be eaten by lions

Archie F. Swin
02-23-2007, 09:58 AM
umm...why did they throw chickens?

Reerun_KC
02-23-2007, 09:59 AM

Bingo, Post of the Day!

My only concern about the Chickens being tossed on the floor, is the rubbers that followed...

Chickens + Rubbers = National attention agianst sex with barnyard animals...

Only at KSU?

ROYC75
02-23-2007, 10:02 AM
umm...why did they throw chickens?

Chickens wasn't the only thing on the floor that night........ a bunch of Purple Pussies followed them. :D

Braincase
02-23-2007, 10:03 AM
There's two kinds of animals - Predators and Food.

Hound333
02-23-2007, 10:18 AM
I was watching this nature show and there was a lion that wasn't being very ethical towards this zebra. I think PETA should get involved.

noa
02-23-2007, 10:31 AM
PETA blows goats

Duck Dog
02-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I think in honor of PETA being the idiots they are, I'll go kill something after work.

Reerun_KC
02-23-2007, 10:53 AM
I think in honor of PETA being the idiots they are, I'll go kill something after work.

Very nice! I have always wanted to hunt Canadians in the upper midwest..

Do you do the blind hunts, where you are sitting or laying down in the fields?

Sending you a PM...

Archie F. Swin
02-23-2007, 11:10 AM

mmmmm...Canada fried chicken!

Reerun_KC
02-23-2007, 11:34 AM
This thread isnt much fun without William and Saul....

Come on guys, come out and play...

Duck Dog
02-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Very nice! I have always wanted to hunt Canadians in the upper midwest..

Do you do the blind hunts, where you are sitting or laying down in the fields?

Sending you a PM...

Heck yeah, we killed a whole hockey team just week. ROFL

I mostly hunt from a layout blind unless I'm hunting in Rochester, then it's pits.

Reerun_KC
02-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Heck yeah, we killed a whole hockey team just week. ROFL

I mostly hunt from a layout blind unless I'm hunting in Rochester, then it's pits.

After spending a week north of Schefferville QC this last fall, I would of love to have shot a couple that is forsure...

Bowser
02-23-2007, 11:44 AM
"There's room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes!"

banyon
02-23-2007, 11:49 AM
These people only make sane environmentalists' work that much more difficult. f*** them.

Skip Towne
02-23-2007, 12:00 PM
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

HemiEd
02-23-2007, 12:03 PM
They should visit some of those Chicken farms down in Georgia. The KState fans were giving the Chickens a treat.

Tactical Funky
02-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Much like a few of the posters in this thread have said, I dislike KSU but hold PETA in the depths of my hatred. PETA is much too radical and irrational to be an effective organization; groups such as the ASPCA, however, have my full support.

Sydd
02-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Here is to peta.

Lzen
02-23-2007, 01:49 PM
Chickens are "very intelligent"?

In comparison to PETA members. ;)

PastorMikH
02-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Describing chickens as “very intelligent and inquisitive animals,” Vergerio said the chickens appeared to have been subjected to “deafening noise, bright lights, terror, abusive handling and likely death for the sake of amusement,” a practice the group characterized as “needless and deplorable.”

Yeah!!!

I think it's terrible that someone would put a live animal through that much torture. KSU fans, please do me and other caring people a favor and break the chicken's neck before throwing it out onto the floor so it doesn't have to suffer.

PastorMikH
02-23-2007, 01:57 PM
I'll say this for chickens and "intelligent". In one of our churches we had an older widow lady that I went to help get some firewood. She had chickens running all around the yard and around us. I went to split some of the wood we brought to her house and with the first swing of the splitting maul chickens dispersed and before I could swing the maul a second time, there wasn't a chicken one in sight.

Jenson71
02-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Describing chickens as “very intelligent and inquisitive animals,”

LMAO

This shows you how much PETA actually knows about the animals they so desperately defend.

luv
02-23-2007, 02:19 PM
PETA subjects the world to defeaning stupidity.

I wish for all of them to be eaten by lions
Why would you want to subject the lion to such torture?

Oh. Wait....

redbrian
02-23-2007, 02:33 PM

With your little clip, I thought you would be all for people eating tasty ass!

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Just imagine PETA's uproar if KU threw kittens on the floor the next time KSU gets beat at Allen Field House.

ChiTown
02-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Just imagine PETA's uproar if KU threw kittens on the floor the next time KSU gets beat at Allen Field House.

That would be cool. That said, they would just end up landing on their feet and sprint off the court..................

Saulbadguy
02-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Needless and deplorable.

I love it, fits in with our whole "Classless Cats" theme.

Reerun_KC
02-23-2007, 08:13 PM
That would be cool. That said, they would just end up landing on their feet and sprint off the court..................

Damn cats always land on their feet!

Joie
02-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Are we talking about the same PETA that gassed 30 dogs in the back of a van? The same PETA that sent one of my friends little sister (she was 13) a bunch of graphic brochures after she rescued a cat from a test facility? Great, animal loving people. I'm a vegetarian by the way, so if I hate PETA you know they're screwed up.

Bwana
02-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Peta members need to be rounded up and put into camps.

Or there should be a PETA member season where your average Joe could go to the local sporting goods store and buy a "PETA tag" What a group of useless humps. :shake:

Reerun_KC
02-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Maybe the KSU fans can sexual molest the PETA members like they do the Chickens before the game?

Ultra Peanut
02-24-2007, 09:03 AM
As God as my witness, I thought chickens could fly.

alanm
02-24-2007, 09:11 AM
What's the world coming to when you can't throw chickens on a basketball court. :shake:

Bwana
02-24-2007, 09:21 AM
As God as my witness, I thought chickens could fly.

ROFL

“It's a helicopter, and it's coming this way. It's flying something behind it, I can't quite make it out, it's a large banner and it says, uh - Happy... Thaaaaanksss... giving! ... From ... W ... K ... R... P!! No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this!”

alanm
02-24-2007, 09:52 AM
ROFL

“It's a helicopter, and it's coming this way. It's flying something behind it, I can't quite make it out, it's a large banner and it says, uh - Happy... Thaaaaanksss... giving! ... From ... W ... K ... R... P!! No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this!”
Man... I loved that show.ROFL

Skip Towne
02-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Man... I loved that show.ROFL
Jennifer Marlow and Bailey Quarters were great eye candy. Just a great show. I wish I got re-runs.

Dark Horse
02-24-2007, 10:32 AM
I was watching a documentary a while back and these idiots were in Africa trying to save elephants. These elephants were getting out of the preserve and destroying farmers entire crops in a single night, we're talking about a families entire living. The people were out trying to shoo the elephants away with sticks cause they are not allowed to kill them, and being trampled to death and all these morons could care about were the stupid elephants they had absolutely no compassion for the people. Thats why I hate PETA.

RP_McMurphy
02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I would pay money to see some stupid PETA spokeswoman go splat on the floor.

ChiefsFanatic
02-24-2007, 01:07 PM

That is pretty rude, they are not barnyard animals. They are dates.

greg63
02-24-2007, 01:14 PM
A true crying shame would be if a bus load of PETA reps went off a steep 400 foot ravine, and there was an empty seat.

Malcor
02-28-2007, 07:24 AM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/feb/28/rulers_road/?mens_basketball

No chickens, please: Kansas State’s athletic department has written an open letter to fans in response to KSU fans throwing live chickens on the court before the KU game in Manhattan. Here’s the letter that appears on the school’s official Website:

“Dear K-Staters: Kansas State is known for having the best fans in the nation and the University appreciates the enthusiasm with which K-Staters support their athletics programs. However, at the recent KSU-Kansas basketball game on Feb. 19, there were several instances of the mistreatment of animals. These acts cannot and will not be condoned or tolerated.

“These actions severely tarnish the image of our University, its athletics teams and the majority of our outstanding fans and supporters and while viewed by many as harmless pranks, these acts are likely illegal.

“The University has a long-standing policy that considers live animals (except guide animals) at athletics events to be contraband. Kansas State University forbids fans from throwing any object on the playing surface at athletics contests. Failure to comply with these policies subjects offenders to ejection from the facility and possible prosecution under applicable penalty of law.

“Kansas State has high standards for the behavior of its students, fans and supporters at athletics events and encourages all of our patrons to strive to exceed those expectations and represent the University in a positive manner.”

KC Kings
02-28-2007, 08:15 AM
As soon as there is no more child abuse,
As soon as there are no more sexual predators,
As soon as the international poverty level isn't $1 per day,
As soon as (millions of other issues more important than animals) disappear,
I might support PETA.

Until then, I don't see how a person can be so delusional to actually care more about a chicken than about the abused impoverished human babies in Manhatten. Some people have their priorities completely screwed up.

Raiderhader
02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2007/feb/28/rulers_road/?mens_basketball

No chickens, please: Kansas State’s athletic department has written an open letter to fans in response to KSU fans throwing live chickens on the court before the KU game in Manhattan. Here’s the letter that appears on the school’s official Website:

“Dear K-Staters: Kansas State is known for having the best fans in the nation and the University appreciates the enthusiasm with which K-Staters support their athletics programs. However, at the recent KSU-Kansas basketball game on Feb. 19, there were several instances of the mistreatment of animals. These acts cannot and will not be condoned or tolerated.

“These actions severely tarnish the image of our University, its athletics teams and the majority of our outstanding fans and supporters and while viewed by many as harmless pranks, these acts are likely illegal.

“The University has a long-standing policy that considers live animals (except guide animals) at athletics events to be contraband. Kansas State University forbids fans from throwing any object on the playing surface at athletics contests. Failure to comply with these policies subjects offenders to ejection from the facility and possible prosecution under applicable penalty of law.

“Kansas State has high standards for the behavior of its students, fans and supporters at athletics events and encourages all of our patrons to strive to exceed those expectations and represent the University in a positive manner.”

Ugh, some PETA dickweed writes a letter and the University steps all over tradition. What a shame. :shake:

I remember my dad saying that when he was at KSU a bunch of students snuck into Allen Field House the night before a game and stuck a bunch of live chickens in a banner that was to be unrolled before the game. The next day they let the banner down and chickens went every where.

PETA needs to stay the hell out of school rivalries.