PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else fighting this sick crap going around

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
02-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Been sick all week; infected throat, fever, body aches, cold sweats and horrible headaches. Hell had to go get an antibiotic shot on Wed. it was so bad. And I am still feeling like shit.

:(

el borracho
02-23-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm not sick but I did notice that the Spring winds arrived today bringing my allergies with them.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
02-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Well I am glad I don't ever have to worry about allergies.

Ultra Peanut
02-23-2007, 09:23 PM
What, you wanna fight about it?

Chiefs Pantalones
02-23-2007, 09:30 PM
I only get sick when the seasons transition from one to the other. It's weird. It's not bad, but it's annoying. Sinuses or something. I started feeling ill last week when it was cold, and what do you know, the next week was nice and in the 50s.

If anyone ever wants to know when the seasons are officially changing, just holla at me.

el borracho
02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Well I am glad I don't ever have to worry about allergies.
I never did until moving to Albuquerque. Now early Spring and late Summer I sniffle and sneeze and my eyes burn. A small price to pay, really, considering how much I love it here.

Phobia
02-23-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm not going to say one way or the other. If I said I've not had the bug I'm sure to be bedridden tomorrow.

SLAG
02-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Yes... Exactly as you have discribed...

Itchy Sore Throat... Cough.. Congetstion.. Feaver Chills.. its lasted since monday but i'm still not 100% yet

RJ
02-23-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm not sick but I did notice that the Spring winds arrived today bringing my allergies with them.

Allergies, sand in the teeth, auto accidents, tumbleweeds......and the windy season isn't even here yet!

noa
02-23-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll sick you good!

DMAC
02-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Getting sick is for pansies.

el borracho
02-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Allergies, sand in the teeth, auto accidents, tumbleweeds......and the windy season isn't even here yet!
I hadn't noticed... are auto accidents a late winter/ early spring thing?

RJ
02-23-2007, 10:04 PM
We enrolled my 3 y/o daughter in pre-school last September. Since then someone in the house has been sick more often than not. Last week we all got hit with the crud at the same time.....sore throat, fever, chills, cough......I'm about ready to take her out of the school. We don't need it for day care, it was really for education and, mostly, socialization. But for three days a week at a cost of $400 per month and a never-ending case of the common cold I'm thinking there are better ways for my little girl to socialize.

RJ
02-23-2007, 10:11 PM
I hadn't noticed... are auto accidents a late winter/ early spring thing?

It's all the sand blowing around messing with the visibility. Combine that with all the tumbleweeds and trashcans and such blowing in the roads and then street signs getting blown over and traffic lights getting knocked out/down.....I guess it's just starting, probably will be the norm for the next two months.

But I agree with you, it's a small price to pay for all the advantages of living in New Mexico.

FDS
02-24-2007, 02:15 AM
Been taking the generic form a DayQuil. My mind is operating like a person trying to walking in waist high jello. Work was brutal, they probably thought I was stoned.

FDS
02-24-2007, 02:17 AM
oh...

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Reerun_KC
02-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Add me to the list...

This crap sucks!!!

tiptap
02-24-2007, 07:47 AM
My wife and I have had this for a week now. She is 2 days ahead in the cycle. Flu shots didn't help with this virus. As such, we have been treating symptoms. That is because viruses are not affected by antibiotics. Some antiviral drugs might help but not antibiotics.

It is actually a bad practice to use antibiotics for viral infection because this non productive use of antibiotics contributes to the haste in which bacteria evolve resistance to antibiotics. Reducing the number of effective antibiotics for bacterial infections.

Skip Towne
02-24-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't allow sickness.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
02-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Feel alot better this morning; now just dealing with this unbelievable congestion........ this Mucinex shit better work at $25 a box.

Fat Elvis
02-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Been sick all week; infected throat, fever, body aches, cold sweats and horrible headaches. Hell had to go get an antibiotic shot on Wed. it was so bad. And I am still feeling like shit.

My wife has it, and yes, we are in Topeka.

alanm
02-24-2007, 08:52 AM
I don't allow sickness.I really haven't been sick since I had some sort of asian flu in 1972. I figure I must have some sort of cold if my nose is running. Other than that I feel normal.
I just don't get sick. I can't explain it. :hmmm:

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
02-24-2007, 08:55 AM
My wife has it, and yes, we are in Topeka.

I know my Dr.'s assistant that saw me on Wed. siad there is alot this shit around right now. Of course if there is a throat infection to be had I will contract it somehow. I really need to have my tonsils removed.

MOhillbilly
02-24-2007, 08:59 AM
yup, im about ****ing tired of it.

SNR
02-24-2007, 11:05 AM
My wife and I have had this for a week now. She is 2 days ahead in the cycle. Flu shots didn't help with this virus. As such, we have been treating symptoms. That is because viruses are not affected by antibiotics. Some antiviral drugs might help but not antibiotics.

It is actually a bad practice to use antibiotics for viral infection because this non productive use of antibiotics contributes to the haste in which bacteria evolve resistance to antibiotics. Reducing the number of effective antibiotics for bacterial infections.I've heard about that problem in tuberculosis patients, but not in the flu. With a virus that's ever-changing anyway, I fail to see why ABs should be needed anyway, but whatever.

KurtCobain
02-24-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm sick, the kid's sick, the whole damn family is sick. It's so awful.

SLAG
02-24-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm sick, the kid's sick, the whole damn family is sick. It's so awful.

I'm still feeling like Shyt here too

and no OTC meds are working..

The thing that has given me the most relief is.. hot Tea with Honey..

and Whiskey

greg63
02-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Anyone else fighting this sick crap going around

...To a much lesser degree; yes.

Phobia
02-25-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm not going to say one way or the other. If I said I've not had the bug I'm sure to be bedridden tomorrow.

Awesome. I caught it just in time for my birthday. I surely hope it isn't a week. I hurled nearly the moment I arrived home from church this afternoon and have been wrapped in blankets the remainder of the day.

The body aches are no fun either. Hopefully I have a 24 hour bug because this is NOT fun.

FDS
02-25-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm freezing. No I'm burning up. No I'm freezing.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Chief Henry
02-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I've rescheduled all my apointments today for later in the week. My head feels like a 50 lb. bowling ball.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 10:08 AM
I just sharted. Fortunately it didn't make the briefs though. Three days of this bug isn't fun. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Donger
02-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Looks like influenza is peaking right now: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivity.htm

With all the traveling I do, I watch this like a hawk during flu season and take extra precautions when the level is high.

Just wash your hands more often, you nasty freaks.

Redrum_69
02-27-2007, 10:23 AM

Sounds like you got the mysterious ailment Tommy Morrison has been fighting for the last 11 years.