PDA

View Full Version : Bronco and Former Mizzou star Damien Nash is dead

shaneo69
02-24-2007, 09:41 PM
according to Fox2 in St. Louis, he collapsed at relatives' house in St. Louis tonight and died around 6:30 p.m. after attending a charity basketball game earlier today.

RIP

SLAG
02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Damn They are dropping Like Flys around a Donkey

shaneo69
02-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Damien Nash Passes Away

Last Edited: Saturday, 24 Feb 2007, 9:09 PM CST
Created: Saturday, 24 Feb 2007, 9:05 PM CST
(KTVI -- MyFOXstl.com) --

FOX 2 has learned that Missouri Football running back and St. Louis native Damien Nash has passed away.

Officials at Christian North East Hospital on Dunn Road say Nash passed away at 6:40 p.m. Saturday.

Nash was in town hosting a fundraiser when he collapsed.

According to NFL.com, Nash was an impact player at tailback who was expected to be the team's heir apparent to take over for MU career leading rusher Zack Abron, who was lost to graduation after 2003.

Off-field issues with the coaching staff proved to be too much to overcome in 2004. After being suspended by head coach Gary Pinkel, Nash decided to test the pro waters instead of returning for the 2005 season.

Nash followed his coach to East St. Louis Senior High School after playing at Riverview Garden High School in St. Louis.

|Zach|
02-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Just terrible.

SLAG
02-24-2007, 09:46 PM
BTW I didnt mean to be insensitive with my post...

Death sucks for anyone

shaneo69
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
"The St. Louis County medical examiner's office has not yet determined the cause of death.

He was scheduled to appear at charity basketball game Saturday afternoon at Riverview Gardens High School. It was to benefit the Darris Nash Find A Heart Foundation, which raises money for heart transplant research. The foundation was established in January after Darris Nash, 25, the older brother of Damien Nash, received a heart transplant."

milkman
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Wow, that's just awful.

Ultra Peanut
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Terrible.

Reaper16
02-24-2007, 09:53 PM
That's awful. He was emerging as a player in the Broncos system.

Denver is having a tragic offseason. When is the last time a team had two starters/significant contributers die in a single offseason?

RIP

RP_McMurphy
02-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Miami lost 3 players in the 80's.......Rusty Chambers, David Overstreet and Larry Gordon.

big nasty kcnut
02-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Holy crap that suck. Rip

Nelson Muntz
02-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Probably karma coming around for all the dickhead donks fans that talked shit about DT dying.

Still sucks that someone so young died. Did he have a wife or kids?

Ebolapox
02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
man, that sucks

Simply Red
02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
SHIT

StcChief
02-24-2007, 10:27 PM
RIP..... but let's wait for autopsy things are not what they may seem.

Pitt Gorilla
02-24-2007, 10:32 PM
RIP..... but let's wait for autopsy things are not what they may seem.What does that mean? RIP Nash.

StcChief
02-24-2007, 10:39 PM
RIP = Rest In Peace.....I just didn't put in the periods.

http://dying.about.com/b/a/000114.htm

ArrowheadHawk
02-24-2007, 10:52 PM
man that sux

DomCasual
02-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Damn They are dropping Like Flys around a Donkey

Pure class, right there. :rolleyes:

Frazod
02-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Shit - another one? Man, that's brutal. Condolances to all concerned. :(

Pitt Gorilla
02-24-2007, 11:07 PM
RIP = Rest In Peace.....I just didn't put in the periods.

http://dying.about.com/b/a/000114.htmI get the RIP part. I don't understand the last part of your post.

DomCasual
02-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Probably karma coming around for all the dickhead donks fans that talked shit about DT dying.

Wow, you have GOT to be kidding.

I know a comment or two aren't representative of all Chiefs fans, just as I would think the smarter people here (quoted poster clearly not in that group) realize ignorant comments about Thomas' death are not representative of all Bronco fans. Seriously, though - what kind of dirtbag do you have to be to make a comment like this about someone's death?

RIP Damien Nash, and RIP Darrent Williams.

boogblaster
02-24-2007, 11:12 PM
RIP...only the good die young.....

Reaper16
02-24-2007, 11:17 PM
RIP...only the good die young.....
Time it waits for no man
My future it is revealed
Time it waits for no man
My fate is sealed

Al Czervik
02-24-2007, 11:25 PM
RIP Damien

Gone but not forgotten....

Rain Man
02-24-2007, 11:32 PM
If his brother had a heart transplant, it makes one wonder if he had an undiagnosed heart problem, too.

It's sad to see a young person die, even more so when they've climbed to such a high level in their profession.

Woodrow Call
02-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Damn

RIP Damien. I enjoyed your time at MU.

noa
02-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Very sad news. RIP

alanm
02-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Sorry to hear about this. He was just starting to make a name for himself in Denver.

StcChief
02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
I get the RIP part. I don't understand the last part of your post.When people die this young it can be from several reasons...

I Didn't know about the brother's problem (so genes)...

Could be drugs. Lin Bias comes to mind.

It will all come out. Hope it's defect or natural causes....

ROYC75
02-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Damn, this sucks. RIP young man with thoughts and prayers to all.

BWillie
02-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Wow, they are really clearing up some cap room up in Denver. I highly doubt this is natural causes. The dude was 25. Most likely steroid abuse, drug abuse, something. You just don't fall over dead at 25. Even though he was a Bronco and a Tigger..my condolences go out to Bronco fans....first choking against 49ers, then losing two of your players.

SPchief
02-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Wow, they are really clearing up some cap room up in Denver. I highly doubt this is natural causes. The dude was 25. Most likely steroid abuse, drug abuse, something. You just don't fall over dead at 25. Even though he was a Bronco and a Tigger..my condolences go out to Bronco fans....first choking against 49ers, then losing two of your players.

Bad taste

Marlboro_Chief
02-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to his family, his friends in St. Louis, the Mizzou faithful and Denver fans. The news is even more sickening when you think of the deeds of goodwill he was doing. God has His ways of doing things that we will never completely understand.

beer bacon
02-25-2007, 01:10 AM

You are certainly building quite a resume. Are you going for the all-time CP dumbass award? Aim for the stars.

Frazod
02-25-2007, 01:11 AM

The pride of Kansas. :shake:

BWillie
02-25-2007, 01:12 AM
You are certainly building quite a resume. Are you going for the all-time CP dumbass award? Aim for the stars.

Why because I am assuming his death may of not just been "natural"? It's just an opinion. He certainly may of just had a bad heart or something, I was just saying that the majority of the time when a 25 year old dies like that there is more too it.

Florida_Bronco
02-25-2007, 01:15 AM
Why because I am assuming his death may of not just been "natural"? It's just an opinion. He certainly may of just had a bad heart or something, I was just saying that the majority of the time when a 25 year old dies like that there is more too it.

As stated in the article, his older brother had a heart transplant, so it's very possible that Damien may have had something wrong with his as well that went without being diagnosed. Also, to my knowledge he has never been in any trouble relating to drug, so I will assume he was clean until it's proven otherwise.

RIP Damien.

ferrarispider95
02-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Dumbass. :banghead:

RIP :(

SPchief
02-25-2007, 01:17 AM

It may be the fact that you said that the Broncos are clearing cap space quickly. And pissing on his grave before an autopsy has been performed.

BWillie
02-25-2007, 01:19 AM
It may be the fact that you said that the Broncos are clearing cap space quickly. And pissing on his grave before an autopsy has been performed.

I guess I look at the business side of things. I didn't mean for it to be disrespectful. I actually think they should give some perks to teams when some unforseen tragedy happens to a player or coach. Something like extra sixth round draft pick or something.

ClevelandBronco
02-25-2007, 01:20 AM

I know where you're coming from, but it's really not the time.

The families and friends (and maybe even the fans) of Mr. Williams and now Mr. Nash deserve sympathy and respect from all decent people in their time of loss.

Sadly, that's about the most we can offer as remote observers of tragic events such as these.

ClevelandBronco
02-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to his family, his friends in St. Louis, the Mizzou faithful and Denver fans. The news is even more sickening when you think of the deeds of goodwill he was doing. God has His ways of doing things that we will never completely understand.

Amen, brother.

SPchief
02-25-2007, 01:23 AM
I know where you're coming from, but it's really not the time.

The families and friends (and maybe even the fans) of Mr. Williams and now Mr. Nash deserve sympathy and respect from all decent people in their time of loss.

Sadly, that's about the most we can offer as remote observers of tragic events such as these.

Is the mane down tonight? I can't get on it at all to offer my condolences to the fans.

Florida_Bronco
02-25-2007, 01:26 AM
Is the mane down tonight? I can't get on it at all to offer my condolences to the fans.

Yes, it is down.

acesn8s
02-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Time it waits for no man
My future it is revealed
Time it waits for no man
My fate is sealed

:rockon:Eddie!!!:rockon:

ClevelandBronco
02-25-2007, 01:28 AM

I can't get it on my screen either. Probably too much traffic trying to log on tonight.

I'm sure everyone there will appreciate your thoughts when you are able to access the site.

ClevelandBronco
02-25-2007, 01:32 AM
denverbroncos.com has set up a dedicated forum here:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

The site can't hold a candle to orangemane, but it's well visited by a younger and less football-savvy crowd.

Buck
02-25-2007, 01:38 AM
Wow that sucks. RIP.

CoMoChief
02-25-2007, 02:42 AM
That sucks.

Kaylore
02-25-2007, 04:44 AM

Classy. So he deserved to die because of something some other stupid fans said? You're a classless prick.

Same goes for the "Donkey flies" guy.

kepp
02-25-2007, 07:38 AM
I just read it on CNN's site...this is terrible. I was happy that a former MU player was "making it." My condolences to his family and, once again, to the Broncos.

Ari Chi3fs
02-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Damn. Anyone else playing in Denver have a first name that starts with a "D"? If so, they better be careful.

How tragic.

Braincase
02-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Heartfelt sympathies to the Denver Broncos and the Missouri Tigers. Damn. Just damn.

Slick32
02-25-2007, 08:10 AM

I know a comment or two aren't representative of all Chiefs fans, just as I would think the smarter people here (quoted poster clearly not in that group) realize ignorant comments about Thomas' death are not representative of all Bronco fans. Seriously, though - what kind of dirtbag do you have to be to make a comment like this about someone's death?

Classy. So he deserved to die because of something some other stupid fans said? You're a classless prick.

It seems like there is a dual set of rules for NFL teams that have players that die. When DT died there was deep grief felt in KC and they seemed to be dancing in the streets in Denver. Now the situation has reversed and the Denver fans have the gaul to hammer some payback, even if it is unneeded and distasteful to many.

The facts are that when DT died bronco fans from all over visited here and other Chiefs sites saying some of the most classless stuff ever.

Get of your cases of rage and move on.

Nelson Muntz
02-25-2007, 09:00 AM

Thats not the way I meant it. It seems in life things have a way of evening out. You talk shit about something that happens to someone else and eventually chances are it will happen to you. I'm not saying he deserved to die. I'm pretty sad that he died because apparently he was a good kid as far as I know. Thats why I said it sucks that someone so young had to die in my previous post.

HMc
02-25-2007, 09:02 AM
RIP. they say these things happen in threes. Better check your brake fluid nalen.

<small>this is satirical i've no intention of draining tom nalen'sbrake fluid</small>

Nelson Muntz
02-25-2007, 09:04 AM

RIP Damien Nash, and RIP Darrent Williams.

Maybe you should have been around here when DT died to know all the shit a majority of donks fans put on here. There were a few that didn't, and I do mean a few. So maybe until you become more informed on the subject you should keep your mouth shut.

I never said I was happy that Nash died. I said it sucked that someone so young died and wondered whether he had a wife and kids. I don't let the fact that its a player for a rival team cloud my judgement about the fact they died.

HMc
02-25-2007, 09:08 AM
dudes get a bit sensitive around death. don't take it personally.

morphius
02-25-2007, 10:46 AM
That is really a shame, dying after doing some work for a charity. Best wishes to his family.

vailpass
02-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Maybe you should have been around here when DT died to know all the shit a majority of donks fans put on here. There were a few that didn't, and I do mean a few. So maybe until you become more informed on the subject you should keep your mouth shut.

I never said I was happy that Nash died. I said it sucked that someone so young died and wondered whether he had a wife and kids. I don't let the fact that its a player for a rival team cloud my judgement about the fact they died.

He had a wife and 7 month old daughter.