PDA

View Full Version : GUITAR CREW

God of Thunder
02-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Some of you may remember me posting a thread awhile back about me playing guitar, and how I was learning on my own..........Well, I am still learning on my own, but I think its gotten drastically better!! I just made this one minute sample for you guys, please listen and let me know what you think. Remember, I have not had ONE lesson from anyone, and learned everything all by myself!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3NOOFE1Y

Jenson71
02-24-2007, 10:48 PM
"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

God of Thunder
02-24-2007, 10:52 PM
maybe try again? I just clicked it and it worked?

God of Thunder
02-24-2007, 10:53 PM
other forums are having no trouble.........anyway for those who are also interested, this is how is used to sound ALONG time ago.

Bowser
02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Link doesn't work, but it did re-direct me to ebay.

Jenson71
02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Must be just my computer. Well, it's probably pretty good, God of Thunder. Keep up the nice work.

Bob Dole
02-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Bob Dole can't get to it either.

Can't you attach .WAV files to a post on here?

Braincase
02-25-2007, 06:56 AM
Looks like it links to this neat tool to trace cell phone calls.

Phobia
02-25-2007, 07:34 AM
It's the worst I've ever heard. You should probably burn your guitar and chop off all your digits immediately. Seriously.

God of Thunder
02-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Bob Dole, I will see if I can attach it as a wav.

God of Thunder
02-25-2007, 12:17 PM
OK, I think its attached.

Lzen
02-25-2007, 02:54 PM
How long have you been learning?

DRU
02-25-2007, 04:15 PM
If you wanna get opinions on your progress that's fine but I'd lay off on the "remember i've never had a lesson...this is all me." Nobody cares about that, and it's not that hard to learn tablature and start playing songs anyway.

Also, it's hard to say how good that is without knowing how long you've been at it. Honestly, I didn't think it was very good. But if you haven't been at it long then, sure, good progress. You can at least tell what it is.

Braincase
02-25-2007, 04:18 PM
For a beginner, you have accomplished something. A year from now, share with us your opinion on what you've recorded, as that will be a better judge of your growth.

God of Thunder
02-26-2007, 04:48 PM
I have been playing for 5 months.

rageeumr
02-26-2007, 05:06 PM
I'd lay off on the "remember i've never had a lesson...this is all me."

That's because I'm the best guitar player in the world. Yeah! Self-taught! No lessons, thank you very much, Pop.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/cf/17/85_1.JPG

Lzen
02-26-2007, 10:14 PM

That's pretty good for 5 months. Keep practicing. Remember, it can taks years to become really good. Guitar playing is a way of life. 1-2 hours of practice 7 days a week is better than 7 hours a day 1-2 days a week. ;)

Phobia
02-26-2007, 10:27 PM
You're getting a lot better Mr. Hung.

ChiefFripp
02-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Your timing is off. That riff has percussive string scrathes that will help you keep time. The way you play it almost makes it sound like a Metallica riff, try a looser feel.

Wa-Z
02-27-2007, 12:56 AM

Then you shouldn't post it online yet! :p

There's enough guitar players that post their beginner stuff on youtube...not sure why though...

You got work to do my friend...but lessons wouldn't hurt...as to seeing the right way it's played. Can't teach yourself if you don't know, you know?

Kerberos
02-27-2007, 06:18 AM
My dad always told me to never brag about:

"your Kids"

"Your Pets"

and NEVER "Your guitar Skills"

chagrin
02-27-2007, 06:24 AM
If someone would have told me how bad I was when I first started playing drums, when I was 10, I'd have never kept practicing; having said that - you suck :p

not entirely being serious there, please don't go killing yourself

Kraut
02-27-2007, 06:27 AM
That's because I'm the best guitar player in the world. Yeah! Self-taught! No lessons, thank you very much, Pop.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/cf/17/85_1.JPG
ROFL :clap:

kepp
02-27-2007, 07:03 AM
maybe try again? I just clicked it and it worked?
I'm Ron Burgandy?

God of Thunder
02-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Who's Rob Burgandy?

ChiefFripp
02-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Hey he's been playing for 5 months, Ive been playing for 17 years and I'm still no Yngwie. Just keep at it and use whatever constructive critisism you want.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey GOT, I want you to know I'm kidding. I don't want to discourage anybody from pursuing their passion and it's obvious the guitar is yours. I don't know anything about it so my comments are just dicking around.

wilas101
02-27-2007, 10:22 AM

I thought it sounded pretty good for 5 months.

KC Kings
02-27-2007, 12:51 PM
It isn't bad for 5 months, but I would suggest to stay away from tablature. If you want to learn how to play a song, figure it out by ear. The first song I learned to play was the accoustic version of Hotel California. That was in 93, and I can still play most of it today from memory. Right after I learned that song I found Guitar World and Guitar One magazine, and started wasting my time on tablature. Tablature is the worse thing that can happen to a guitarist because 1. You don't get to figure it out on your own so you never get it memorized. Most of the shredders can not play that fast reading the music, they commit the piece to memory and once you know the note you can just kind of get a spasm going and it all comes out, and 2. Tablature is not notation. That should be pretty obvious but unless you memorize scales and learn notation you are never going to be able to jam on your own solo, unless you are one of those guys that memorizes one key and goes off of that.

God of Thunder
02-27-2007, 04:30 PM
It isn't bad for 5 months, but I would suggest to stay away from tablature. If you want to learn how to play a song, figure it out by ear. The first song I learned to play was the accoustic version of Hotel California. That was in 93, and I can still play most of it today from memory. Right after I learned that song I found Guitar World and Guitar One magazine, and started wasting my time on tablature. Tablature is the worse thing that can happen to a guitarist because 1. You don't get to figure it out on your own so you never get it memorized. Most of the shredders can not play that fast reading the music, they commit the piece to memory and once you know the note you can just kind of get a spasm going and it all comes out, and 2. Tablature is not notation. That should be pretty obvious but unless you memorize scales and learn notation you are never going to be able to jam on your own solo, unless you are one of those guys that memorizes one key and goes off of that.

can you tell me what I should learn by ear? Your opininos on it anyway? I have heard from people "oh learn the notes, don't learn from ear" and then others say "learn from ear! its closer"