PDA

View Full Version : Fish Sandwiches?

CosmicPal
02-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Has anyone noticed the onslaught of fish sandwich commercials lately by every fast food joint?

I can't recall a fish sandwich commercial ever, but lately it seems everyone is doing a fish sandwich commercial.

Here's something for you ad peeps: You can bombard me with as many fish sandwich ads as you wish, but it will never ever ever ever get me to eat one of those nasty god-forbidden sandwiches. You're wasting your money on advertising this crap.

That's all...

CoMoChief
02-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Oh I thought this was gonna be about another type of fish sandwich.

kc rush
02-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Its lent. They are letting the good Catholics know they have a deal on the non-forbidden meat.

vailpass
02-25-2007, 11:43 AM
You are aware of the concept of Lent, aren't you Cosmic?

Delano
02-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Uhh.. open your eyes. They are marketing to the millions of people that are abstaining from meat during lent. Isn't it crystal ****ing clear that these commercials start appearing in late february into march?

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Its lent. They are letting the good Catholics know they have a deal on the non-forbidden meat.
Bingo. Happens every year.

Baby Lee
02-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Has anyone noticed the onslaught of fish sandwich commercials lately by every fast food joint?

I can't recall a fish sandwich commercial ever, but lately it seems everyone is doing a fish sandwich commercial.

Here's something for you ad peeps: You can bombard me with as many fish sandwich ads as you wish, but it will never ever ever ever get me to eat one of those nasty god-forbidden sandwiches. You're wasting your money on advertising this crap.

That's all...
You live in a Christian nation, pal!!!

FDS
02-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Should be lentil sandwiches or soup then.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Baby Lee
02-25-2007, 11:48 AM
It's ****ing Lent!!
I know what Delano didn't give up.

:p

CosmicPal
02-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm aware of Lent, thank you.

But, they've been doing these ads since XMAS

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-25-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm aware of Lent, thank you.

But, they've been doing these ads since XMAS
Marketing to the "healthier meat" crowd. We're a fat nation. It's all the rage.

acesn8s
02-25-2007, 12:03 PM
I will just eat my ribeye.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-25-2007, 12:08 PM
They're still marketing to us fatasses too, haven't you seen the BK stackers commercials? "Just meat 'n' cheese, NO VEGGIES."

RJ
02-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Studies indicate advertising can be an effective means of attracting customers to a business or selling specific items not previously purchased to existing customers.

StcChief
02-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Fried Fish sandwiches - I'll pass.

Deberg_1990
02-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Fried Fish sandwiches - I'll pass.

Agreed...i saw the ad for a McFish the other day...looked disgusting..

Herzig
02-25-2007, 01:21 PM

It's not just the 1 billion Catholics(like me) that observe Lent...other denominations are

Eastern Orthodox (pretty much Catholic)
Anglicans/Episcopal (pretty much Catholics that allow divorce, women priests and homos)
Presybertians
Methodists

Bob Dole
02-25-2007, 01:23 PM
It's not just the 1 billion Catholics(like me) that observe Lent...other denominations are

Anglicans/Episcopal (pretty much Catholics that allow divorce, women priests and homos)
Presybertians
Methodists

Bob Dole appreciates all the attention every year, but you guys can stop giving stuff up any time.

Ultra Peanut
02-25-2007, 01:26 PM
PORK CHOP SANDWICHES PORK CHOP SANDWICHES

Herzig
02-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Bob Dole appreciates all the attention every year, but you guys can stop giving stuff up any time.

Maybe you could give up fish sandwiches!
ROFL

Sully
02-25-2007, 01:28 PM

Presybertians
Methodists

Disciples of Christ (not at all Catholic)

Simply Red
02-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I will just eat my ribeye.

egotistical BASTARD!! :)

Herzig
02-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Disciples of Christ (not at all Catholic)

Never heard of them...it's amazing to me that there are over 1500 Christian denominations in the world. It's interesting to me see what some have kept and left from Catholicism.

Sully
02-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Never heard of them...it amazing to me that there are over 1500 Christian denominations in the world. It's interesting to me see what some have kept and left from Catholicism.

Makes sense, though, when you consider that Catholicism was the original "church," and still considers itself as such.

Disciples of Christ is pretty big, their churches are usually named "______ Christian Church." One example is that church by the plaza with the huge spotlight coming out of the top.

RJ
02-25-2007, 01:49 PM
PORK CHOP SANDWICHES PORK CHOP SANDWICHES

I will never give up barbecued pork chop sandwiches!

If you want my pork chop sandwich you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead, hardened arteriies!

vailpass
02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Makes sense, though, when you consider that Catholicism was the original "church," and still considers itself as such.

Disciples of Christ is pretty big, their churches are usually named "______ Christian Church." One example is that church by the plaza with the huge spotlight coming out of the top.

"We aren't the Judean People's Front, we're the Peoples Front of Judea"

"Then where's the Judean People's Front?"

"He's over there. SPLITTER!"

StcChief
02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Maybe you could give up fish sandwiches!
ROFL

That's what I gave up for lent, along with lint...

penchief
02-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Whenever I go through a drive thru I ask if they have fish sandwiches. If they say, "no," I tell them that they should consider it.

Maybe my strategy is finally working.

SNR
02-25-2007, 05:29 PM
PORK CHOP SANDWICHES PORK CHOP SANDWICHESOH SHIT GET THE **** OUT

Easy 6
02-25-2007, 05:56 PM
If there is only 1 thing in life that i am sure about, its that Mickey D's fish sammich is the KING of the fast food fish sammiches, same goes for their tartar sauce.

MichaelH
02-25-2007, 06:25 PM

Presybertians
Methodists

Was born a Methodist and never heard of or orbserved the silly practice of not eating meat during Lent. I never got hit by a lightning bolt either.

Delano
02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
I know what Delano didn't give up.

:p

It's Sunday. The priest said I could do whatever the **** I want from sun down on saturday til sunrise on monday. So... there!

:)

Delano
02-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Was born a Methodist and never heard of or orbserved of the silly practice of not eating meat during Lent. I never got hit by a lightning bolt either.

Self-sacrifice is silly? Even though it is a simple act, giving up meat is a great, pratical and symbolic gesture. You also must remember that some catholics give up eating between meals.

Sully
02-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Was born a Methodist and never heard of or orbserved the silly practice of not eating meat during Lent. I never got hit by a lightning bolt either.
Like many things that we do for any religion, often the ritual has far less to do with what keeps God from getting pissed, and much more to do with what helps us feel God's presence. Of course it's all ritual, and the acts by themselves are nothing special, but the meaning we place on those actions are what make them what they are.

BWillie
02-25-2007, 06:48 PM
http://www.ravecentral.com/ladiesman00.jpg

You know who's gonna be happy about this? The Ladies Man "Leon Phelps".

Hey there sweet thang, can I buy you a fish sandwhich?

Now that is a way to impress a lady.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2007, 10:05 PM
i went out with a girl once that smelled like a fish sandwich.

Herzig
02-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Self-sacrifice is silly? Even though it is a simple act, giving up meat is a great, pratical and symbolic gesture. You also must remember that some catholics give up eating between meals.

Exactly. It is more about thinking and preparing one's self for Easter. The self sacrifice(though small) helps you think about the huge sacrifice that was made for all of us. When I was younger and didn't really understand what Lent was all about, I used to think it was silly too.

Skip Towne
02-26-2007, 05:59 AM
Presbyterians observe Lent? They didn't when I was a member 40 years ago.

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 06:49 AM
fish = meat

boogblaster
02-26-2007, 06:51 AM
Never eat the fish..just lick around the edges ...

SLAG
02-26-2007, 06:54 AM
fish = meat

Technically the point of eating fish was to eat the common food for the day and age... it was to humble yourself and not order a fancy meal.

Its sad that is been skewd and people now eat Lobster tail and expenisve seafood dinners just to say they didnt eat meat on friday.

In reality we (People practicing this ) should all be eating the cheapest beef found as beef is now the common mans food.

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Technically the point of eating fish was to eat the common food for the day and age... it was to humble yourself and not order a fancy meal.

Its sad that is been skewd and people now eat Lobster tail and expenisve seafood dinners just to say they didnt eat meat on friday.

In reality we (People practicing this ) should all be eating the cheapest beef found as beef is now the common mans food.
Exactly - but then when would these people get nasty fish sandwiches?

Guru
02-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Long John Silvers? Healthy? ROFL

SLAG
02-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Exactly - but then when would these people get nasty fish sandwiches?

Its not the Fish they like

its the Tar-Tar Sauce