PDA

View Full Version : What's your own personal hell?

chagrin
02-26-2007, 09:00 AM
I believe that part of our journey in life is to be saddled with something that we're either supposed to learn from or it's there just as punishment. I seem to have 2 persnoal hells attached to my soul for whatever reason:

1) Black females hate me, I never get along with them - even when I go out of my way to not be sarcastic, just be pleasant, etc. they hate me. I get in more trouble at any job I've ever had, any fast food place, other companies I do business with and even the customer care call centers - it's fuggin driving me NUTS!

2) SLOW people - no matter if I am walking, again at a fast food place, driving down the road or in a train station. I always get behind the slowest dipshit in the area, and it's not just when I am in a hurry either - it's like this on regular days during "off busy" hours.

So what's yours?

Saulbadguy
02-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Let me axe you a queshon? Why you frontin boo?

Nzoner
02-26-2007, 09:09 AM
That's weird that you would post such as a topic as I used that exact phrase this last weekend when having a discussion with the mrs.

Sadly,mine is my family,specifically my parents and some aunts and uncles.I won't get into full details as to why but I'll just say that I'm so glad I opted not to have children because dealing with some of the issues I am right now is comparable to a child who does something over and over again even though they know it's wrong and it will disappoint and anger other family members.

Donger
02-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Pretty much any airport.

DMAC
02-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Don't we live it year after year? :$2500:

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Damn Chagrin, if slow people bother you, Florida might not be the right place for you. ROFL

You might want to consider NY or Chicago, Florida is where all the Blue Hairs go to slow down. ROFL

Pushead2
02-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Living in NYC , Traffic..

Brock
02-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Black females hate me

Compliment their nails.

chagrin
02-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Damn Chagrin, if slow people bother you, Florida might not be the right place for you.

Good point sir, but like I said, it's like this for me everywhere, doesn't matter.

kc rush
02-26-2007, 09:54 AM
You shouldn't say "black" around here, you might get accused of being a racist. :p

ck_IN
02-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Your #1 is interesting because it's a standing joke with the wife that black women love me. I don't do anything to court it but every job I've had there was at least one black woman that considered me a close friend. The same holds for waitress/service situations. The black gals seem to love me. *shrug* Go fig.

By the way I'd consider these to be pet peeves, not a personal hell. I'd reserve that term for a child who's a drug addict or some form of tragedy.

chagrin
02-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Your #1 is interesting because it's a standing joke with the wife that black women love me. I don't do anything to court it but every job I've had there was at least one black woman that considered me a close friend. The same holds for waitress/service situations. The black gals seem to love me. *shrug* Go fig.

bastard, LOL!

By the way I'd consider these to be pet peeves, not a personal hell. I'd reserve that term for a child who's a drug addict or some form of tragedy.

Maybe so, but I don't have kids, so this is how I catergorize it, heh

Fire Me Boy!
02-26-2007, 10:34 AM
1. Crying babies in restaurants.

2. Cell phones in movie theaters.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Skip is my personal Message board demon....

Every thread I open up, There he is....

ChiefButthurt
02-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Don't get me started...this time of the year, I believe that the IRS hates me and wants me poor and homeless.

StcChief
02-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Let me axe you a queshon? Why you frontin boo?
reminds me of big white dude with 80's Lincoln Cont I saw....

Lic.Plate = 'BOO CAR'

ROFL I thought I was going to have to pull over...

Rooster
Usually most anything my wife drags me to. :)

Demonpenz
I had some of those problems until i watched the documentory bringing down the house with Steven martin and queen latifa

CosmicPal
02-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I don't let anything bother me anymore.

(Wait a sec, I got a phone call)

OK...gawdddamnn mudder*****in solicitors always calling me when I'm trying to post on the Planet! Gawdddd, I just wantaaa beat them to China dem bastards!

MichaelH
02-26-2007, 10:46 AM
My personal hells....

1. my 30 year old sister-in-law that came to stay with us for "just a few days" last Monday. She's moving into her apartment Wednesday, thank God. This is the third time since last summer.

2. left lane drivers that have no concern about the traffic jam behind them

3. women in supermarkets. do they not realize the aisle is not big enough when the stop smack dab in the middle with their carts and stare off into space?

sedated
02-26-2007, 11:35 AM
prison sex

(and I don't mean conjugal visits)

Mr. Plow
02-26-2007, 11:38 AM
The easiest way for me to say it, Stupid People. Doesn't matter who, or where, or what they are doing, if they are stupid, I hate them.

chagrin
02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
prison sex

(and I don't mean conjugal visits)

Dude, I never knew this about you - I'm sorry to hear....

Phobia
02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
The easiest way for me to say it, Stupid People. Doesn't matter who, or where, or what they are doing, if they are stupid, I hate them.

I'm so sorry.

bogie
02-26-2007, 11:45 AM

You wouldn't hate me if you got to know me.
:)

Frazod
02-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Stupid people. Particularly stupid people in authority positions and crowds, which always contain masses of stupid people. Driving in traffic, because I generally get stuck behind stupid people driving stupid and slow.

L.A. Chieffan
02-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Being a Chiefs fan.

Oh, and stupid people.

Fairplay
02-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Chagrin, Im a black female, and im very slow.

I will be the one chosen to torment you in the after life.

Redrum_69
02-26-2007, 12:06 PM
This thread is a great example of my personal hell...

gblowfish
02-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Work.
Today.

Hasn't been fun.

At all.

FringeNC
02-26-2007, 12:44 PM
2) SLOW people - no matter if I am walking, again at a fast food place, driving down the road or in a train station. I always get behind the slowest dipshit in the area, and it's not just when I am in a hurry either - it's like this on regular days during "off busy" hours.

So what's yours?

Related to slow people, I hate when the person in front of you acts surprised when the cashier expects them to pay for their purchases. Fumble through the purse, looking for the checkbook. Take 5 minutes to write out the check, etc. I want to strangle those people. Have your checkbook, cash, or debit card ready!

ck_IN
02-26-2007, 12:48 PM
<i>prison sex</i>

So Sedated are you the pitcher or catcher? And is your problem a function of quality or quantity?

NTTAWWT

I'll second Fringe. I hate it when people wait until the purchase is rung to START writing the check or get out the credit card/cash. I always make it a point to have the entire check filled out except for the amount and signature while I'm waiting. If I'm paying cash I try to estimate the total and have an aproximation of the right amount ready. There's NO REASON to wailt until all is finished to start!

Raiderhader
02-26-2007, 12:52 PM
I am a Chiefs', Royals' and KSU fan, 'nuff said.

luv
02-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Right now, work.

Ari Chi3fs
02-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Sounds like some of you need to see the movie, 'The Secret'.

You get more of what you focus on... if you believe the Black women hate you, you will send out that vibration to get more of the same.

Good luck with that.

Raiderhader
02-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Errr, if there is a mod around could I get my username changed back to raiderhader? I forgot all about that, shows how long it has been since I last logged on.

Thanks.

sedated
02-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Everywhere I am is my own personal hell.

Jayhawkerman2001
02-26-2007, 01:15 PM
I am not racist whatsoever, but black females(the vast majority) have to be the most annoying people ever!! Not all of them. Constantly loud, not carring about anybody but themselves for the most part.

chagrin
02-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Sounds like some of you need to see Oprah's, 'The Secret'.

You get more of what you focus on... if you believe the Black women hate you, you will send out that vibration to get more of the same.

That's absurd, I also believe that most chicks find me attractive, however - I haven't been getting any poon lately, so whatever dude, and how the hell am I sending a signal on the phone by stating my name, last 4 of my social, Date of Birth and account number?

sedated
02-26-2007, 02:15 PM
how the hell am I sending a signal on the phone by stating my name, last 4 of my social, Date of Birth and account number?

when you end each with the phrase, 'did you hear me, spear-chukker?' :shrug:

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Good point sir, but like I said, it's like this for me everywhere, doesn't matter.

When I go south of here, I have to be told by my wife to chill out. It is hard, the pace is not the same.

Baconeater
02-26-2007, 03:27 PM
when you end each with the phrase, 'did you hear me, spear-chukker?' :shrug:
LMAO :shake: Good Lord, I wonder what he said before he edited that post.

|Zach|
02-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Weird phrasing.

I am imagining one person going up to another and asking... "What is your personal hell?"

With the response being "Black women don't like me."

The confused look on the first person's face would be priceless.

chagrin
02-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Weird phrasing.

I am imagining one person going up to another and asking... "What is your personal hell?"

With the response being "Black women don't like me."

The confused look on the first person's face would be priceless.

They do look at me like I'm insane, for the most part, until they hear me arguing with a black chick; like this morning for example - for absolutely no reason this one gal was a complete bitch to me, so I reacted - probably poorly, so I reported her to her boss, as she did mine. AHH, but then I had my manager and her manager listen to the calls, they both agreed with ME...dat's right biatch!

|Zach|
02-26-2007, 03:49 PM
I live with a black guy. The first time we hung out at the house together me and him and his girlfriend all ate fried chicken together.

We laugh about it to this day.

sd4chiefs
02-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Usually most anything my wife drags me to. :)

Last summer my wife dragged me to something called 'Pagent of the Masters' She has been bugging me for years to go and I finally caved in. :whip: I thought maybe it was not as bad as it sounded.

What is it?

Ninety minutes of "living pictures" - incredibly faithful art re-creations of classical and contemporary works with real people posing to look exactly like their counterparts in the original pieces. An outdoor amphitheater, professional orchestra, original score, live narration, intricate sets, sophisticated lighting, expert staff, and hundreds of dedicated volunteers have won recognition for the Pageant as the best presentation of its kind.

Everyone but me in the audience seemed to really enjoy it. I was in total Hell. Its a good thing I did not have a knife on me or I may have cut my own throat. I did not have a clue as to what art work they were re-creating. I think half of the people there were gay.

Mr. Plow
02-26-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm so sorry.

No problem. I don't hold it against you, but understand that I don't like you....

Count Alex's Losses
02-26-2007, 04:19 PM
They do look at me like I'm insane, for the most part, until they hear me arguing with a black chick; like this morning for example - for absolutely no reason this one gal was a complete bitch to me, so I reacted - probably poorly, so I reported her to her boss, as she did mine. AHH, but then I had my manager and her manager listen to the calls, they both agreed with ME...dat's right biatch!

Black women are notoriously stubborn. One time I was in a parking lot, waiting for some stupid bitch to pull out of her space. She was taking forever. Looking in the mirror, talking on her cell phone, etc.

A few minutes later this car pulls up behind me with two black women in it. They start honking at me! There's nowhere to go, bitches! Shut the **** up! They wouldn't stop honking.

After a couple of minutes of honking, I finally gave up and left the parking lot. Guess who got the parking space? Those black bitches.

Lesson learned. Black women are incredibly stubborn. You've got to fight back!!! TAKE A STAND! And marry a white woman.

Extra Point
02-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Every time I buy a vehicle, the trip to the DMV is always fun. No matter if they have 5 or 25 people working behind the windows, the wait is always at least 25 minutes, no matter what!

gblowfish
02-26-2007, 04:57 PM
If you don't like black chicks with attitudes...
Don't go to Gates BBQ.

Reaper16
02-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Sensory deprivation. Sight, hearing, and taste are so vital to my existence for the purposes of reading/writing, listening to music, and eating, respectively. I couldn't bear to go through without each of those.

Adept Havelock
02-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Sensory deprivation. Sight, hearing, and taste are so vital to my existence for the purposes of reading/writing, listening to music, and eating, respectively. I couldn't bear to go through without each of those.

So you are saying you want to be the lead in the Living Art Pagent's (as mentioned by sd4chiefs) reenaction of that classic work of literature "Johnny Got His Gun"?

Halfcan
02-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Being a Chiefs fan.

Rain Man
02-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Black women are notoriously stubborn. One time I was in a parking lot, waiting for some stupid bitch to pull out of her space. She was taking forever. Looking in the mirror, talking on her cell phone, etc.

A few minutes later this car pulls up behind me with two black women in it. They start honking at me! There's nowhere to go, bitches! Shut the **** up! They wouldn't stop honking.

After a couple of minutes of honking, I finally gave up and left the parking lot. Guess who got the parking space? Those black bitches.

Lesson learned. Black women are incredibly stubborn. You've got to fight back!!! TAKE A STAND! And marry a white woman.

Thinking about this situation, it's obvious that the first woman was calling the other women to tell them that she was about to leave a good parking spot, and then you showed up and tried to horn in.

ck_IN
02-27-2007, 08:32 AM
<i>A few minutes later this car pulls up behind me with two black women in it. They start honking at me! There's nowhere to go, bitches! Shut the **** up! They wouldn't stop honking.

After a couple of minutes of honking, I finally gave up and left the parking lot. Guess who got the parking space? Those black bitches.</i>

Sorry no sympathy here. Whenever someone comes behind me and honks in that type of situation I just look back at them smile as sweet as I can and wave. Often times that stops the honking because they know nothing they can do will bother me. Other times it just irks them more so it's a win for me either way. ROFL

What are all you palefaces doing to these black women? I rarely have a problem that way. I have a f*ck it attitude, I let just about anyone around me know it and people typicaly don't start stuff with me. Except for management. They typically don't see my brilliance and glory. :cuss: For some reason though black women seem to appreciate it. As an example the other night at Aldi's a black woman saw I had 5 items and let me cut in front of her. That's rare for anyone at Aldi's.

Funny that someone should mention the DMV. That and the post office are the two places I typically have trouble. I had to renew my license in December so I took a newpaper in anticipation of a wait. I walked in and didn't even have to sit down. The woman at the desk was very nice, got me right through, even joked with me when I read the wrong line on the eye test. The whole experience maybe lasted 10 minutes.

Maybe it's just an Indy thing. :)

chagrin
02-27-2007, 08:40 AM
<What are all you palefaces doing to these black women? I rarely have a problem that way.

As for me, I am just being my loveable self, for some reason that bothers them, I don't know

boogblaster
02-27-2007, 08:43 AM
A spinal-injury took away my manly-hood .. dont get me wrong Ill still ballbat your ass.. but before KingKong didn't scare me ....

Simplex3
02-27-2007, 08:56 AM
I don't let anything bother me anymore.

(Wait a sec, I got a phone call)

OK...gawdddamnn mudder*****in solicitors always calling me when I'm trying to post on the Planet! Gawdddd, I just wantaaa beat them to China dem bastards!
I solved that with an old PC and about $120 worth of new hardware. For years I've had a phone system at my house. When you call me you get a message "You've reached the Simplex3 residence. If this is a telemarketer hang up now. All other callers press 1 to continue." If they press nothing it hangs up on them in 5s. It isn't legal for telemarketers to press keys to speak to someone (businesses lobbied the govt years ago because telemarketers would hammer their phone systems), so the rare telemarketer that does get through gets an earful about talking to my lawyer.

It had the unforeseen additional benefit that dumber family members can't figure it out and stopped calling, too.

Simplex3
02-27-2007, 09:03 AM
If you don't like roaches and rats...
Don't go to Gates BBQ.
FYP

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Skip is my personal Message board demon....

Every thread I open up, There he is....
Am not.

Redrum_69
02-27-2007, 09:10 AM
My personal hell is this.

Work...corporate america....cubicles...the office...water cooler....7:30-4:00 with a two hour lunch and 5 weeks of vacation....not including sick days...Zune player drowning out the mundane existence of keyboard crunching number thumping lunch munchers surrounding my domain...staring at the clock wondering how the hell I got to this point...realizing its been only two minutes since I looked at the clock last wondering why the day isnt over....corporate suck asses running amuck backstabbing two facing demons of denizens...the only breath of fresh air are the interns learning how to climb the corporate rung by dressing provacatively and pretending to care and setting others up for disaster and divorces...headaches stir my mind calling forth the alcohol and all I have to look forward to is getting home and fishing.

This is my personal hell...welcome...to..the...rest.....of....your......life.

boogblaster
02-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Boy doesn't that fishin-trip sound good this time of year ....

Phobia
02-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Okay, I'm being honest this time. My own personal hell is tobacco. I've been tobacco-free for 2 years now.

I'm lying. Everytime I spend more than a day with a tobacco user I bum a dip from him (or her). The next thing I know I'm buying a can. Then I'm buying the 3 for $10 special at QT. Then I have to quit all over again. Usually it's a week or two that I fall off the wagon. Most recently it has been 3 weeks off the wagon. This has happened 3x since I quit. Personal. Hell.

Redrum_69
02-27-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm going on Friday and taking my digital camera.

I'm not sure how to post pictures on this site so I'll email them to one of the mods. Plus I cant view them at work..

Anyways...Friday...should get in a good 6 or 7 pound bass.

Redrum_69
02-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Okay, I'm being honest this time. My own personal hell is tobacco. I've been tobacco-free for 2 years now.

I'm lying. Everytime I spend more than a day with a tobacco user I bum a dip from him (or her). The next thing I know I'm buying a can. Then I'm buying the 3 for $10 special at QT. Then I have to quit all over again. Usually it's a week or two that I fall off the wagon. Most recently it has been 3 weeks off the wagon. This has happened 3x since I quit. Personal. Hell.

I feel for ya.

I mean, i dont have an addiction like that to chewing tobacco. My grandpa did..and it was always a plug or Redman. At least two packages a day.

My other personal hell is...MMORPGS. I'm addicted to video games.

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 09:26 AM
A spinal-injury took away my manly-hood .. dont get me wrong Ill still ballbat your ass.. but before KingKong didn't scare me ....
You ain't so tough. Have you met Mo Hillbilly? He shoots his furniture.

boogblaster
02-27-2007, 09:29 AM
They won't let me have guns, Skip ...SOBs...

Mr. Plow
02-27-2007, 09:42 AM

I'm a pussy. I've chewed since I was 15. I quit several times for short periods, but never could quit. Finally, I went and got a shot that is supposed to kill any withdrawals. Surprisingly enough, it worked like a charm. No problems quitting. Quit for a year. Then I started working with my brother. I love my brother, but man, he's a freaking idiot sometimes. Drives me up the wall. Better yet, drove me to start chewing again. Going to go back and gonna get the shot again.

Kraut
02-27-2007, 09:45 AM
My personal Hell is my boss. This guy is in a totally different world. He is the biggest dickhead I have ever met. To me he is down right evil.

Redrum_69
02-27-2007, 09:50 AM
My personal Hell is my boss. This guy is in a totally different world. He is the biggest dickhead I have ever met. To me he is down right evil.

Is it Kevin Bacon?

Kraut
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Is it Kevin Bacon?
:) Noo actually much worse then Kevin. I'm almost sure of that.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Is it Kevin Bacon?

That's a pretty good guess. I'll bet he indirectly knows Kevin Bacon though.

Kclee
02-27-2007, 10:00 AM

Heh. That's been my last 6 years. I do ok for a while then softball season starts and the whole team is chewing. It starts off by just bumming one, then it's all downhill from there. Off and on. Then I quit for a good two months and a new family moves in right next door. I go to introduce myself while he's moving in and he's got a chew in. Our familys hang out a lot now and he's got a chew in 24/7 it seems. That got me started for for a few more months. But have chewed not once since new years.

Simply Red
02-27-2007, 10:03 AM
You ain't so tough. Have you met Mo Hillbilly? He shoots his furniture.

ROFL ROFL

Phobia
02-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Heh. That's been my last 6 years. I do ok for a while then softball season starts and the whole team is chewing. It starts off by just bumming one, then it's all downhill from there. Off and on. Then I quit for a good two months and a new family moves in right next door. I go to introduce myself while he's moving in and he's got a chew in. Our familys hang out a lot now and he's got a chew in 24/7 it seems. That got me started for for a few more months. But have chewed not once since new years.
Yup. I had the good sense to tell my neighbor to hit me if I ever asked him for a dip when I first met him. I'm not sure I'd want one from him anyway. He dips some nasty wintergreen crap. He drinks crappy beer too.

Simply Red
02-27-2007, 10:06 AM
That's a pretty good guess. I'll bet he indirectly knows Kevin Bacon though.

Wow, to know an Icon...???...

Best I can do is a ChiefsPlanet Icon! :banghead:

Kclee
02-27-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm not sure I'd want one from him anyway. He dips some nasty wintergreen crap.

That actually saved me too. He dips so much that he switched to that really cheap stuff that costs like less than $2 a can. I tried that once, not again.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 10:15 AM
I dipped that cheap crap for about a year. I think it was Grizzly. In the year I dipped it my gums were torn up more than the previous decade from Copenhagen.

Redrum_69
02-27-2007, 10:31 AM
I hate automatic flushers

MOhillbilly
02-27-2007, 10:34 AM
broken wings.:deevee:

Simplex3
02-27-2007, 12:25 PM
broken wings.:deevee:
On your maxi pads? :shrug:

Simply Red
02-27-2007, 12:28 PM

Dude your going to get torched for fuggin w/ MOhillbilly. Everbody knows he's a ninja!

58-4ever
02-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Dude your going to get torched for fuggin w/ MOhillbilly. Everbody knows he's a ninja!

People that don't use the correct form of your and you're. Their and they're gets to me too.

ChiefFripp
02-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Not being rich and self-empowered enough to start my own business.

StcChief
02-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Ditto. or just stop working all together. :) :banghead:

Phobia
02-27-2007, 01:04 PM
You don't have to be rich. Just ballsy. Just do it.

ck_IN
02-27-2007, 01:05 PM
<i>Their and they're gets to me too.</i>

I have several of these that just put me on edge.

1. Too, two and to.
2. They're, their, and there
3. You're and your
4. Hear and here

It just annoys me when I read emails that have these butchered. And for some reason this seems to be par for the course among young people. I got an email from a nephew a while back that was almost unreadable due to these. And he's a college graduate and working on a Masters!

Bowser
02-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Just do it.

Represenatives with Nike will be in contact with you shortly.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 01:09 PM
<i>Their and they're gets to me too.</i>

I have several of these that just put me on edge.

1. Too, two and to.
2. They're, their, and there
3. You're and your
4. Hear and here

It just annoys me when I read emails that have these butchered. And for some reason this seems to be par for the course among young people. I got an email from a nephew a while back that was almost unreadable due to these. And he's a college graduate and working on a Masters!

It really bothers me as well. I have zero college and I was a public school screwup. I never paid attention, got below average grades, and attended public school to boot.

If I can get it right the majority of the time there's no reason college grads can't.

ck_IN
02-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Amen Phil.

I'm a product of the St. Joseph public skewl system myself. These things were covered somewhere in 4-6th grade English. Yet I see people all the time who just can't get them straight. I have no idea why.

Another one is improper pluralization, e.g., womens, mens, shrimps. My wife has a friend that constantly does this. It hurts my ears to listen to her. It just isn't that hard.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a grammar nazi. I know it requires effort for some people and we're not being graded for our posts on a stupid BB.

But there are a lot of well educated people who don't get it - yet they were given college degrees. Why are degrees so important if anybody who forks over $40k can have one?

Simply Red
02-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a grammar nazi. I know it requires effort for some people and we're not being graded for our posts on a stupid BB.

But there are a lot of well educated people who don't get it - yet they were given college degrees. Why are degrees so important if anybody who forks over $40k can have one?

I agry withhe tha edjakasion phahrt awn thiss pohst.

Jilly
02-27-2007, 01:35 PM
sometimes I think my own personal hell is me....these stupid flaws in my personality that I have to face every day. Most days, I can look past them; but I just think every day the most suffering I ever have comes from my own stupidity.

That and clowns...

StcChief
02-27-2007, 01:37 PM

No guarantee's there either. Or that you can get a good job with it.

crazycoffey
02-27-2007, 02:20 PM
My personal hell is this.

Work...corporate america....cubicles...the office...water cooler....7:30-4:00 with a two hour lunch and 5 weeks of vacation....not including sick days...Zune player drowning out the mundane existence of keyboard crunching number thumping lunch munchers surrounding my domain...staring at the clock wondering how the hell I got to this point...realizing its been only two minutes since I looked at the clock last wondering why the day isnt over....corporate suck asses running amuck backstabbing two facing demons of denizens...the only breath of fresh air are the interns learning how to climb the corporate rung by dressing provacatively and pretending to care and setting others up for disaster and divorces...headaches stir my mind calling forth the alcohol and all I have to look forward to is getting home and fishing.

This is my personal hell...welcome...to..the...rest.....of....your......life.

You get two hours for lunch, AND have provacatively dressed interns???? Can I have an application, sounds great!

Since leaving the Police depatment in a Dallas / Ft. Worth area city, I have worked in three corp. america gigs, man, I felt like I've been put in prision. cubicle life stinks, the first one was Physician Recruiting, so I needed to be a soliciter with 125 calls a day. (I may have called the Simplex household, because I remeber one just like that, I thought it was cool)

Right now, I'm alone most the day, and that feels great, but it's lonely. I want to get back outside, I can't wait.

Simplex3
02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
As for the grammar by college graduates bit, I REALLY hate that. I was a public school screw off, I couldn't diagram a sentence to save my life. However, I manage to keep those 8 or 9 f**king words straight.

The thing that kills me is this: Don't you SPEAK English? Haven't you spoken it all your life? How the hell do you live here, speaking this language, all of your life and not just know what does and doesn't sound/look right?

Even better are the people that have been through (and paid for) years of higher education. What the hell did you do for all of those years?

Now, it's ugly but not unexpected on a board like this. However, I see more and more of this crap in business communications every day. Do you really expect me to take you seriously if you can't even manage to master the language you've been learning since birth?

MOhillbilly
02-27-2007, 03:23 PM

no gaymo i went to a little shindig down south and my ace broke his wing. won but broken wings get culled.
****ing shame!:deevee:

Simplex3
02-27-2007, 03:32 PM
no gaymo i went to a little shindig down south and my ace broke his wing. won but broken wings get culled.
****ing shame!:deevee:
I still don't have a clue what you're talking about. Is this related to birds of some sort?

Redrum_69
02-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Hes a pigeon racer

MOhillbilly
02-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I still don't have a clue what you're talking about. Is this related to birds of some sort?

yes

http://www.loc.gov/about/awards/legends/biopics/Big_Bird.jpg

seclark
02-27-2007, 03:37 PM
yes

http://www.loc.gov/about/awards/legends/biopics/Big_Bird.jpg
heavyweight class?
sec

MOhillbilly
02-27-2007, 03:38 PM
heavyweight class?
sec

5.4 up to shakes.

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 03:54 PM

The grammar nazis were responsible for the Vowelocaust.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 03:58 PM
That's horrible. Delightful but horrible.

chagrin
02-27-2007, 03:59 PM

And Israel remains under a consonant threat from Iran, Iraq and the Palestine to this date

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 04:03 PM
And Israel remains under a consonant threat from Iran, Iraq and the Palestine to this date

How ironic that they're also under consonant threat from A-fghanistan, E-gypt, I-ran, O-sama, U-zbekistan, and sometimes Y-raq.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 04:56 PM
How ironic that they're also under consonant threat from A-fghanistan, E-gypt, I-ran, O-sama, U-zbekistan, and sometimes Y-raq.
You should be captured, bottled, and sold as an anti-depressant.

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 09:08 PM
You should be captured, bottled, and sold as an anti-depressant.

I'm already partway there, because a lot of women abuse me.

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2007, 09:09 PM

Hahaha!!! AMAZING.

boogblaster
02-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Foul-vowel award headed your way ...

ChiefFan31
02-28-2007, 12:06 AM
As for the grammar by college graduates bit, I REALLY hate that.
Yes, yes you do. I will admit to ****ing up they, their ,they're often. Oddly enough it wasn't until I started posting on the Internet forums about three years ago that I realized this. I don't have a problem with grammer, but those get me for some reason.

On the intraweb, my feeling is who gives a shit, and if a Nazi gets upset by it, **** em. But I agree with what you said below. In the business world you cannot afford to come off sounding like an idiot. It's amazing, that some of the biggest bosses in my company can't spell for shit. They use crackberries with no spell checker.

I was a public school screw off, I couldn't diagram a sentence to save my life. However, I manage to keep those 8 or 9 f**king words straight.

The thing that kills me is this: Don't you SPEAK English? Haven't you spoken it all your life? How the hell do you live here, speaking this language, all of your life and not just know what does and doesn't sound/look right?

Even better are the people that have been through (and paid for) years of higher education. What the hell did you do for all of those years?

Now, it's ugly but not unexpected on a board like this. However, I see more and more of this crap in business communications every day. Do you really expect me to take you seriously if you can't even manage to master the language you've been learning since birth?