PDA

View Full Version : 1st Anniversary Question (Especially ladies, please respond)

pr_capone
02-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Got my 1st wedding anniversary comming up in a month and I could use your advice on one particular matter. We agreed that I would alternate planning the days events from year to year.... this first year is all mine.

My question is:

I will be sending her and one other person to a day spa for a 1 hour massage, manicure, and other goodies.

This "other person", should I send her with her best friend, or should I go with her?

If I wind up sending her friend, I want to have flowers delivered to the spa so either way she will be forced to think of me. LOL

Wot you all think?

Baby Lee
02-26-2007, 03:33 PM
According to tradition, first anniversary is anti-freeze.

Count Alex's Wins
02-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Send the friend. Use the free hour for wild masturbation, so you feel like a stud that night.

Fish
02-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Send the friend.... the "day spa" is a chick place anyway, and nothing against you... but she'd probably have more fun doing her girl chatter with a friend throughout the process. Good idea with the flowers...

Sit home and have a beer and be all Fonzie when she gets home...

Pushead2
02-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Send the friend. Use the free hour for wild masturbation, so you feel like a stud that night.
ROFL

BucEyedPea
02-26-2007, 03:45 PM
I did not understand the thread starter's original post.
I don't think the "other" person should be included at all. wtf is that all about?

So I'll just say this:
According to traditional the first anniversary is paper.
Send her paper flowers or an origami bird. :p
She should buy you stationery. Or you could buy her that too.

Modern anniversary is clocks.

I think an elegant or novelty clock and some stationery,dinner by candlelight and personally deliver bubble bath would be nicest. You could dry each other off with paper towels if no stationery, paper flowers or origami. :p

Or try this Gift Wizard (http://www.findgift.com/Services/Gift-Wizard/?occid=936&CID=10009&PID=7&AID=Anniversary&VID=9&SID=12&ppc_kw=anniversary&ppc_type=2)

pr_capone
02-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I did not understand the thread starter's original post.
I don't think the "other" person should be included at all. wtf is that all about?

I'm not really big on tradition.

As to the other person, sending her to the spa alone could be rather boring, no? Send her with her best gal pal.

Gonzo
02-26-2007, 03:48 PM

I'll bet you're glad you gave that up.

BucEyedPea
02-26-2007, 03:52 PM

As to the other person, sending her to the spa alone could be rather boring, no? Send her with her best gal pal.
Well, that wouldn't bother me. I like to think and reflect in such a place. So I'd prefer going alone. There's also the masseuse to talk to anyhow.
But I'm very independent and am not afraid to do some things alone.
It just seems to me to not involve each other when it's your anniversary.JMO
You know her better than I do though. It's very generous of you anyhow.

ck_IN
02-26-2007, 03:57 PM
I tend to agree with BEP on this one. I've done the spa thing for my wife several times and I always send her alone. She gets nice and relaxed and has lots of time to lie there and think of me while she's getting her rub down.

You say you're not big on tradition but don't knock it. Send her some paper flowers and inside tuck a hand written love letter. Go to the library and find something from Shelly, Keats or Byron unless you have a fav poet. Women love flowers and they love mushy poetry. Combine that with the spa treatment and she'll probably be more then ready to pay you back that night. ;) :evil:

BucEyedPea
02-26-2007, 03:58 PM
I just noticed you're into Swing music and dancing.
I'm assuming she likes that too as it's a two-person activity.
Very cool. Very romantic.
Why not a night out with dinner and dancing if they have that near you?

acesn8s
02-26-2007, 03:59 PM

As to the other person, sending her to the spa alone could be rather boring, no? Send her with her best gal pal.Send her alone a be ready for the mushy stuff afterward. I recently did this myself (sent the woman to a dayspa) and she will be a totally different woman aferward. Her friend might ruin the relaxed feeling afterward. IMO

BucEyedPea
02-26-2007, 04:00 PM
She gets nice and relaxed and has lots of time to lie there and think of me while she's getting her rub down.
:LOL:

ck_IN
02-26-2007, 04:02 PM
And exactly who else would she be thinking of BEP. After all she's married to me. What else could the woman possibly want?!

Redrum_69
02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
This "other person", should I send her with her best friend, or should I go with her?

Send her best friend with her...and if her best friend is hot...offer them both drinks when they get home. They both will be in a relaxed state of mind. Maybe rent a dvd or two. Cook them both dinner. Get them shitfaced drunk on the wine you bought..or champagne and then have a threesome.

BucEyedPea
02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
I never did that. I used to empty my mind out at spas or even just during a massage. Infatuation is only a phase anyway. Love is work.

pr_capone
02-26-2007, 04:04 PM

That is on the list of things to do. Every Sunday night in Wichita there is a dance that takes place. We've been going there for years but have trailed off recently.

I know the DJ so that will help matters. I'll have him play our reccesional, What a wonderful world. :D

Thanks for the tips!

Last question BEP. Should I get her a gift cert to the place and she can go when she wants, or should I just book the thing and have her go on the anniversary day?

*edit

Should I also pick out what to have done (I know her well enough, I think, to be successful), or just give her a blank check?

sedated
02-26-2007, 04:05 PM
I got the day spa thing for my last g/f for Xmas.

right before she dumped me.

hope you have better luck

BucEyedPea
02-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Personally, I'd prefer the certificate.

acesn8s
02-26-2007, 04:07 PM
That is on the list of things to do. Every Sunday night in Wichita there is a dance that takes place. We've been going there for years but have trailed off recently.

I know the DJ so that will help matters. I'll have him play our reccesional, What a wonderful world. :D

Thanks for the tips!

Last question BEP. Should I get her a gift cert to the place and she can go when she wants, or should I just book the thing and have her go on the anniversary day?

*edit

Should I also pick out what to have done (I know her well enough, I think, to be successful), or just give her a blank check?Gift cert. and let her decide when she wants to go.

Redrum_69
02-26-2007, 04:07 PM

They are married...you dont date when you are married, unless you go to a swingers club.

That another option...take her to a swingers club..like Club Envy. Have her wear a wristband from the start....not you...just her. Then prepare for the flock of lesbians buying your wife drinks all night...great thing is that you dont pay for the drinks, you get to watch your wife make out with hot lesbians, and then the dancing...oh damn...the grinding on the dancefloor surrounded by nothing but good ol splittail...

Club Envy...down town KC...every third friday of the month is girls night. Check it out sometime.

BucEyedPea
02-26-2007, 04:08 PM

Ah! Ever hear of the self-fulfilling prophecy?
If you didn't talk about _ _ _ _ s so much it may have worked out! :p

pr_capone
02-26-2007, 04:08 PM
They are married...you dont date when you are married, unless you go to a swingers club.

That another option...take her to a swingers club..like Club Envy. Have her wear a wristband from the start....not you...just her. Then prepare for the flock of lesbians buying your wife drinks all night...great thing is that you dont pay for the drinks, you get to watch your wife make out with hot lesbians, and then the dancing...oh damn...the grinding on the dancefloor surrounded by nothing but good ol splittail...

Club Envy...down town KC...every third friday of the month is girls night. Check it out sometime.

LMFAO

nice

Redrum_69
02-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Theres also another swingers club downtown KC at a hotel I wont mention.

Youd be surprised what your own city has...its all about who you know...networking..friend of a friend.

The midwest is full of freaks

pr_capone
02-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Theres also another swingers club downtown KC at a hotel I wont mention.

Youd be surprised what your own city has...its all about who you know...networking..friend of a friend.

The midwest is full of freaks

Not that kind of swing. LOL

Lindy Hop - 30's/40's dance set to period Jazz music.

BucEyedPea
02-26-2007, 06:43 PM
*edit

Should I also pick out what to have done (I know her well enough, I think, to be successful), or just give her a blank check?
Missed the edit:

If you know what she likes for certain then pick it....but t'is always safer to leave it blank as we women can change our minds. :p

Vegas_Dave
02-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Strip Club!

Halfcan
02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Just don't make the same mistake I did. Don't give her a set of pots and pans.

BucEyedPea
02-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Well if they're special and gourmet I'd love a set.
Not for an anniversary per se but as a gift in general.

Simplex3
02-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Whatever you do don't forget to get your final blow job. It's the last night those will be available until after you get a divorce.

BWillie
02-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Got my 1st wedding anniversary comming up in a month and I could use your advice on one particular matter. We agreed that I would alternate planning the days events from year to year.... this first year is all mine.

My question is:

I will be sending her and one other person to a day spa for a 1 hour massage, manicure, and other goodies.

If I wind up sending her friend, I want to have flowers delivered to the spa so either way she will be forced to think of me. LOL

Wot you all think?

I hear the dollar menu at McDonalds is callin' your name. You can even let her order something other than a water. That's a step up from the Wendy's 99 cent menu. Good luck

StcChief
02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Dude you know her better than anyone (I hope)....

Take care of her. She should take care of you.

Guru
02-26-2007, 11:04 PM

My question is:

Wot you all think?

Dinner at a Japanese steakhouse and love story. Why spend your first anniversary apart? That makes ZERO sense.

Save the spa thing for a spur of the moment surprise on an important day for her that she does not realize you know about, or at least does not realize you care.

Rausch
02-26-2007, 11:14 PM

My question is:

To remember the day you two decided to spend the rest of your lives together you decided to send her somewhere else to have her pampered by someone else?

NEIN!

If you decided to dump paycheck into something special it should be to remind you BOTH why your gooned-out lust caused you to be locked at the hip for life.

Or something, put in a more romantic and meaningful way...

Guru
02-26-2007, 11:23 PM
To remember the day you two decided to spend the rest of your lives together you decided to send her somewhere else to have her pampered by someone else?

NEIN!

If you decided to dump paycheck into something special it should be to remind you BOTH why your gooned-out lust caused you to be locked at the hip for life.

Or something, put in a more romantic and meaningful way...
Well said.

Rain Man
02-26-2007, 11:30 PM
On your anniversary, you're sending her to a place that she'll get naked with another woman?

Good move. Positioning yourself for the anniversary threesome.

Redrum_69
02-27-2007, 09:03 AM
On your anniversary, you're sending her to a place that she'll get naked with another woman?

Good move. Positioning yourself for the anniversary threesome.

WTF....taking advice from a lowland gorilla?!?!

trndobrd
02-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Since the first anniversary is "paper", a $20 check would seem appropriate.

If you are sending her to a day spa for a massage, you should treat yourself to a massage also, but not at a girly day spa. There are a couple massage parlors on North Broadway that come highly recommended.

luv
02-27-2007, 11:01 AM

My question is:

Wot you all think?
It's your first anniversary, and you're thinking of pawning her off on someone else for an hour? Definitely go with her. I've never gotten one, but, from what I hear, you'll love it too.

EDIT: Keep in mind that I've never been married, so what do I know?

luv
02-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Dinner at a Japanese steakhouse and love story. Why spend your first anniversary apart? That makes ZERO sense.

Save the spa thing for a spur of the moment surprise on an important day for her that she does not realize you know about, or at least does not realize you care.
This is also a good idea.

chagrin
02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
How about some Lubrication this time, she'd probably appreciate that, during the next HRA session, gigitty giggitty Goo!!

Jilly
02-27-2007, 11:49 AM
You should go with her to the spa. I really feel like for an anniversary, the best present is for you two to be together. I wouldn't want to spend my anniversary with a friend - I'd want to spend it with my best friend, my husband. And it would be even more special to see him do something out of the ordinary for my sake. That's just my perspective.

crazycoffey
02-27-2007, 12:20 PM
yeah, go to the spa with her, it's an anniversary, so no man card points will be deducted. Then when you're both clean and relaxed, get home and wrap your dick in a box for her. (I usually just do the red bow, but the song is popular now, so go with it.....)

crazycoffey
02-27-2007, 12:24 PM

ROFL Whoops..... I mean, sorry to hear that.

funny response though.

Whatever you do don't forget to get your final blow job. It's the last night those will be available until after you get a divorce.

Too late, one year anniversary, they already wed, he got the last BJ (maybe) the day he proposed, or on his last birthday before they got married.