PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sims stays

Steve
02-26-2007, 06:40 PM
I think Ryan will still be in a Chiefs uniform this year.The guy can play,when motivated.If Herm gets rid of him,what does he replace him with?I say Ryan gets another chance after riding the bench for a year to show he what he can do.I could be wrong but I think he stays a Chief at least one more year.

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Are you trying to start a fight?

NJ Chief Fan
02-26-2007, 06:44 PM
I just lost dinner, thanks buddy.

acesn8s
02-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Yep! You are wrong. :p

Steve
02-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I think its true.He is the only tackle on the roster who can provide push.

Woodrow Call
02-26-2007, 06:45 PM
I hope not. He has no motivation or any talent that I have seen. Time to trim the fat and Sims is #1 on that list.

HMc
02-26-2007, 06:46 PM
okaaaaaaay lock it up, nothin to see here

Woodrow Call
02-26-2007, 06:47 PM

Outside of the 1st half against the Jets in 2005, what gives you that idea?

Direckshun
02-26-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm pretty sure Sims is gone.

Not entirely sure, though. I was left with the impression that Herm Edwards was going to clean house with this team and lose all the descending players. I thought for sure that would result in the automatic dismissals of ten to twenty players.

But nobody's been cut loose just yet, so it's hard to say what's going on now.

But I'd say Sims being let go is as close to a sure thing as anything on this team.

ck_IN
02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
<i>He is the only tackle on the roster who can provide push.</i>

Perhaps if he's in a buffet line. On a football field, forget it.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-26-2007, 06:53 PM
The only push Sims got was to push Warfield & Allen to drink to excess

NaptownChief
02-26-2007, 06:56 PM
when motivated.

I must have been channel surfing when that moment happened.

Mr. Laz
02-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Freakin' n00bs :rolleyes:

SPchief
02-26-2007, 06:57 PM

The only push that sims has is when he pushes old ladys over at the grocery store.

Frazod
02-26-2007, 07:03 PM
F#ck that useless piece of shit. Moving up to draft that turd was one of the biggest mistakes in team history.

I hope he dies of something slow and painful. :#

stevieray
02-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Freakin' n00bs :rolleyes:

you've got seven months on him...

HemiEd
02-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Are you trying to start a fight?

F#ck that useless piece of shit. Moving up to draft that turd was one of the biggest mistakes in team history.

:clap:

Ebolapox
02-26-2007, 07:06 PM
...The guy can play...

since when?

HolmeZz
02-26-2007, 07:07 PM

Sims won't even enter through doors he has to push to open. He's a 'pull' guy.

Mr. Laz
02-26-2007, 07:11 PM
you've got seven months on him...
and 31,000 posts

use it or lose it ...... he's a n00b. :harumph:

:p

go bowe
02-26-2007, 07:16 PM
well, maby sims could play safety or something...

hell, maby sims could play left tackle or fullback?

he's probably the highest paid second stringer in the nfl...

Mecca
02-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Even if it's the league min it's to much for Sims.....it's time for this team to distance itself from the overpaid underproducing players.

|Zach|
02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
and 31,000 posts

use it or lose ...... he's a n00b. :harumph:

LMAO

Steve
02-26-2007, 07:22 PM
noob yeah,how many of your post were worth posting?

Mr. Laz
02-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Even if it's the league min it's to much for Sims.....it's time for this team to distance itself from the overpaid underproducing players.
yep ... this year is a perfect year to forget free agency and whack a bunch of guys who aren't performing and just take the cap hits.

Sims
Wesley
Knight
Bell
Hicks
Shields(not that he isn't productive ... but take his retirement hit)
Roaf (take his retirement hit completely)

next year we could be some 30+ million under that cap while all the other teams spent all their cap this year.

We could sign anyone we wanted in 2008.

Ebolapox
02-26-2007, 07:23 PM

yeah, cause posting multiple pics on the girlie jpeg thread isn't worth ANYTHING

Frazod
02-26-2007, 07:23 PM

Not many. :D

the Talking Can
02-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Sims is the biggest piece of shit in the league...we picked up trash off the street last year that took his starting job....he's the laziest most worthless player I've ever seen on the Chiefs....I hope he dies

Mr. Laz
02-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Not many. :D
betrayal , betrayal!!

no good bast#$%^ :cuss:

:moon:

stevieray
02-26-2007, 07:28 PM
and 31,000 posts

use it or lose it ...... he's a n00b. :harumph:

he's no noob.... :)

siberian khatru
02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
I'd actually be willing to trade Damien Nash's life for Ryan Sims' right now.

Mr. Laz
he's no noob.... :)

The plot thickens :hmmm:

stevieray
Sims is the biggest piece of shit in the league...we picked up trash off the street last year that took his starting job....he's the laziest most worthless player I've ever seen on the Chiefs....I hope he dies

he definitely got over.

Mr. Laz
02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
I'd actually be willing to trade Damien Nash's life for Ryan Sims' right now.

oh noes yous didn' :eek: :eek:

i'm going to hell ROFL

Steve
02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
I have watched every game for last at least ten years.The guy can play.I am not saying he has earned his money or lived up to what he can do.I think he has been lazy.In his mind he thinks he has tried hard but he has been allowed to do this.This guy can push when he tries.He has been immature about his work ethic.He needs a slap in the fave to wake him up and start acting like a man.Maybe Herm started this when he benched him and maybe he can keep up the heat on him this off season.How many of you truly think you could stay truly motivated after being given several million dollars?

HolmeZz
02-26-2007, 07:34 PM

Steve - 1
Laz - 0

Mr. Laz
02-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Steve - 1
Laz - 0
steve likes Ryan Sims - (-1,000,000)
Laz doesn't - +1,000,000

|Zach|
02-26-2007, 07:38 PM
I have watched every game for last at least ten years.The guy can play.I am not saying he has earned his money or lived up to what he can do.I think he has been lazy.In his mind he thinks he has tried hard but he has been allowed to do this.This guy can push when he tries.He has been immature about his work ethic.He needs a slap in the fave to wake him up and start acting like a man.Maybe Herm started this when he benched him and maybe he can keep up the heat on him this off season.How many of you truly think you could stay truly motivated after being given several million dollars?
Seems our run defense improved without him.

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I have watched every game for last at least ten years.The guy can play.I am not saying he has earned his money or lived up to what he can do.I think he has been lazy.In his mind he thinks he has tried hard but he has been allowed to do this.This guy can push when he tries.He has been immature about his work ethic.He needs a slap in the fave to wake him up and start acting like a man.Maybe Herm started this when he benched him and maybe he can keep up the heat on him this off season.

Sims sucks, plain and simple. There's no potential - he hit his ceiling when he was playing next to Julius Peppers in college. He's a bust - there's no other way to describe it. Period.

How many of you truly think you could stay truly motivated after being given several million dollars?

Are you implying that once someone makes "several million dollars", they're not motivated to make more money? That makes no sense, whatsoever.

milkman
02-26-2007, 08:06 PM
yep ... this year is a perfect year to forget free agency and whack a bunch of guys who aren't performing and just take the cap hits.

Sims
Wesley
Knight
Bell
Hicks
Shields(not that he isn't productive ... but take his retirement hit)
Roaf (take his retirement hit completely)

next year we could be some 30+ million under that cap while all the other teams spent all their cap this year.

We could sign anyone we wanted in 2008.

I could not agree any more with this worthless post.

DaFace
02-26-2007, 08:07 PM

If by "push" you mean that he provides "a fat ass that takes up roster space," then I agree.

Mr. Laz
02-26-2007, 08:11 PM
I could not agree any more with this worthless post.
maybe a mod should move it to the girly thread then

88TG88
02-26-2007, 08:23 PM
ADD A QUESTION MARK TO THE TITLE !

milkman
02-26-2007, 08:23 PM
maybe a mod should move it to the girly thread then

Why?

We've already established that all your posts are worthless.

That worthless post just happened top be dead on correct.

gblowfish
02-26-2007, 08:27 PM
I have also seen every game Ryan Sims has played. For the position in the draft in which he was taken, he as been an utter and complete waste of skin.

Let's look at his stats:

Ryan Sims - KC
POS: DT
HT: 6-4 WT: 315
DOB: 5/4/1980
COLLEGE: North Carolina

Contract Info
Signed a seven-year deal in August 2002.
Year G Sck INT TKL TD
2002 3 0 0 5 0
2003 16 3 1 39 0
2004 15 2 0 15 0
2005 6 0 0 8 0
2006 16 0 0 7 0

Last year in 16 games he had SEVEN tackles. SEVEN.

5 sacks in six years. DT had seven in ONE GAME.

He was supposed to be all the good traits of Chester McGlocklin, Dan Williams and Dan Saleamua rolled into one.

Turned out he jumped offside a lot like McGlocklin;
Was hurt all the time like Wiliams,
And ate himself out of shape like Saleamua.

For his position in the draft, he should have been all-pro two or three times by now. He can't even crack the starting lineup behind two journeymen DTs who started in front of him. He can't even beat single blocking schemes. Jimmy Wilkerson has shown much more promise in the last two years. Very average players like James Reed and Lionel Dalton have flat out-played him.

I hope he ends up on the Raiders like the POS Terdell Sands.

Good Riddance. The sooner we get him out the door the better.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-26-2007, 08:33 PM
So, if gone, it took a fourth round pick to replace a second round pick to get rid of the first round pick

-my head spins

Cave Johnson
02-26-2007, 08:36 PM

He was in a contract year in 2006 and made a grand total of <u>7 tackes</u>.

Going from #6 pick money to the unemployment line will sure be a slap in the face.

15 posts in the last 5+ years and this is what you come up with? Un-freaking believable.

Halfcan
02-26-2007, 09:04 PM

That was going to be my post word for word-well except the dieing part, the part about the biggest mistake-Trezell the gazelle Jenkins gets that honor.

How many chances does that fat azz get??? He should have been cut two years ago. He shows up fat every camp, has made millions for averaging 24 tackles a year, and has had multiple games without even having a single tackle. I would trade him for a 7th if another team was dumb enough.

Extra Point
02-26-2007, 09:21 PM
From "Chiefs Management for Dummies:"

"Rule #1: Never draft a lineman in the first round, be it offense or defense."

Sure-Oz
02-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Ryan Sims has the heart of a Krispy Kreme.

dj56dt58
02-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Go **** yourself

Deberg_1990
02-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I have also seen every game Ryan Sims has played. For the position in the draft in which he was taken, he as been an utter and complete waste of skin.

Well said...Ive seen just about all i can take of him in 5 seasons.

He raped the Chiefs for some serious $$$$$$$ and gave nothing in return. I cant think of one single series the guy ever dominated??

If nothing else Carl probably cant wait to kick this piece of trash out of Arrowhead forever...

NaptownChief
02-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Sims is a steaming pile of a 1st and 3rd round pick. This bag of dung did something that most of us never thought possible.....make the Trezelle Jenkins pick look good by comparison. Granted they were equally worthless but a late first round pick compared to the 6th overall plus a 3rd rounder is great value by comparison.

I hope he is still good friends with Julius Peppers. If so he might be able to get hired doing what most really big, overweight guys do...work as a body guard. I can't imagine he would be effective but he could at least look the part....just hope Julius doesn't need him to tackle more than 7 guys in a year.

chiefforlife
02-26-2007, 09:45 PM
How about a question mark in the title? You know, ...one of these...?

Halfcan
02-26-2007, 09:50 PM
He was in a contract year in 2006 and made a grand total of <u>7 tackes</u>.

Going from #6 pick money to the unemployment line will sure be a slap in the face.

15 posts in the last 5+ years and this is what you come up with? Un-freaking believable.

He must be Simms agent-lol

Halfcan
02-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Sims is a steaming pile of a 1st and 3rd round pick. This bag of dung did something that most of us never thought possible.....make the Trezelle Jenkins pick look good by comparison. Granted they were equally worthless but a late first round pick compared to the 6th overall plus a 3rd rounder is great value by comparison.

I hope he is still good friends with Julius Peppers. If so he might be able to get hired doing what most really big, overweight guys do...work as a body guard. I can't imagine he would be effective but he could at least look the part....just hope Julius doesn't need him to tackle more than 7 guys in a year.

He showed up out of shape to sign his contract-that should have been a clue.

88TG88
02-26-2007, 10:25 PM
He must be Simms agent-lol
I was gonna say hes the Ryan Sims of Chiefsplanet but urs was funnier

Mr. Kotter
02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Sims is gone.

SLAG
02-26-2007, 11:52 PM
http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2007/01/31/tribute-to-ryan-sims/

Tribute to Ryan Sims

Posted Jan 31st 2007 11:05AM by Phil Yoon
Filed under: Chiefs, AFC West
Sometimes, you just hate to see a player leave the team with whom he started his professional career. In New York, Yankees' fans are languishing over the fact that Bernie Williams is unlikely to return. In Detroit, Steve Yzerman leaves as one of the biggest legends in a city full of legends.

And then there is Ryan Sims.

Longtime Chief, yes. Bigtime bust, definitely.

Sims' whopping statistics as a Chief:
2002 thru 2006: 59 games, 64 tackles, 10 assisted tackles, 5 sacks, 1 interception.

Ryan Sims makes a rare tackle

Yup, these are the numbers of a 6th overall pick. Barely a tackle per game, one sack per season. Granted, defensive tackles rarely have sexy stats, but it's hard to put a good spin on these numbers. Especially when that player signed a $25 million contract before his rookie year. Especially when the Chiefs traded up to get him.

True, the Chiefs have not officially cut Sims, but the writing is on the wall, and they just started etching the letters. With the solid play of Ron Edwards, the rise of Jimmy Wilkerson, and the likelihood of the Chiefs drafting or obtaining a defensive tackle, Sims has virtually no role left on the team. It's hard to imagine that the Chiefs will miss him very much, either. You don't really hear about what a great teammate he is, or that he sacrifices his numbers to help the others do their jobs. That's not to say he's a bad guy either; I don't recall hearing any reports about his being a bad guy (other than a fight with Eric Hicks once), and he was always a pretty solid player on the Madden NFL games. But when you're a player with huge expectations, and you play as, for lack of a better word, "mediocrally" as he did, you just cannot expect any favors, or a fond farewell, when your time is up.

So here's to you, Mr. Sims. Hopefully Jesus, and another NFL team, loves you more than you will know.

Short Leash Hootie
02-27-2007, 12:05 AM
lmfao!

StcChief
02-27-2007, 12:11 AM
Sims may have cost the Chiefs alot of $$$$ and coulda,shoulda had a better pick.... but got a better backup now. ????

I would shed him if we could. Doubts on overall depth

ChiefaRoo
02-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Sims is as gone as Eric Warfield and Julian Battle

Believe_Me
02-27-2007, 03:22 AM
Sims will stay because he beliefs.. In the savior.....

Guru
02-27-2007, 03:47 AM
Sims will stay because he beliefs.. In the savior.....
That belongs in the spelling thread.

Steve
02-27-2007, 06:00 AM
I still say Ryan can provide push.I can't argue some of your points but I have a gut feeling he stays.It wouldn't bother me one way or the other.He deserves the bad stuff said about him especially since he could be so much better.

boogblaster
02-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Replace him with "Diet-Pepsi Machine" it gets more push plus you can unplug it at nite ....

ROYC75
02-27-2007, 11:17 AM
I think Ryan will still be in a Chiefs uniform this year.The guy can play,when motivated.If Herm gets rid of him,what does he replace him with?I say Ryan gets another chance after riding the bench for a year to show he what he can do.I could be wrong but I think he stays a Chief at least one more year.

Dude, Sims is gone. The only way to motivate Sims is offering him free food for every sack he gets, that didn't get him too far last year either ?

jlscorpio
02-27-2007, 11:35 AM
So here's the good news...after extensive research, I found someone with a lower Post Per Day count than I.

Dave Lane
02-27-2007, 01:23 PM
<i>He is the only tackle on the roster who can provide push.</i>

Perhaps if he's in a buffet line. On a football field, forget it.

Tape a chicken leg to the QB and he's good to go.

Dave

CoMoChief
02-27-2007, 01:25 PM

Hmmm, this comment makes me wonder whether you even watch Chiefs football or not.

Steve
02-27-2007, 01:31 PM
I wish we could get a coach that coaches Ryan thoughts.I know he can push but the effort level has not been there very often.I have watched him alot.He would not have lasted this long if the ability wasn't there.

Deberg_1990
02-27-2007, 05:13 PM
I wish we could get a coach that coaches Ryan thoughts.I know he can push but the effort level has not been there very often.I have watched him alot.He would not have lasted this long if the ability wasn't there.

Agreed....he probably does have talent...thats why he was drafted so high........but what good is it to have all that talent if you are NOT motivated to use it??

Sims should be and will be as good as gone....

Chief Faithful
02-27-2007, 05:18 PM
That was going to be my post word for word-well except the dieing part, the part about the biggest mistake-Trezell the gazelle Jenkins gets that honor.

I feel your pain, but I would label Jenkins the biggest mistake in the CP reign with Sims coming in second. The biggest overall draft bust has still got to be Brian Jozwiak.

siberian khatru
02-27-2007, 05:28 PM
I feel your pain, but I would label Jenkins the biggest mistake in the CP reign with Sims coming in second. The biggest overall draft bust has still got to be Brian Jozwiak.

I still say Blackledge was worse, considering the stakes. Whiffing on a 1st-round QB sets your franchise back more than a guard, and it's especially egregious considering all the other decent-to-great QBs who were available in that draft. Typically, we picked the worst one.

L.A. Chieffan
02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Are they handing out free crack today?

supercoupe91
02-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Ryan Sims is a joke, toss his ass out of here. We could have drafted Freeney instead we get to see Sims ass every week loafing around reminding us of our stupidity. I still think we should draft a DT with our first pick. Or steal Minnesota's...

FAX
02-27-2007, 06:08 PM
The Giant Toad is primarily a native of tropical America.

The Florida population probably results from both introductions and pet trade escapes.

FAX

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 06:24 PM
I still think we should draft a DT with our first pick.

I hope you are not serious.

FAX
02-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Signs of Giant Toad poisoning include profuse salivation, twitching, vomiting, shallow breathing, and collapse of the hind limbs. Death may occur by cardiac arrest within 15 minutes.

FAX