PDA

View Full Version : Black Donnellys

Sully
02-26-2007, 09:37 PM
This premier was great. Directed by Paul Haggis, it wa sort of a mix between "The Departed" and "The Sopranos."

Yes, I understand that's a mouthfull, but the opener was just that good. I wonder, however, if they will be able to keep i tup as well. We'll see. But so far it seems great.

Nightwish
02-26-2007, 09:49 PM
That last thug that Tommy shot, was he the husband of Tommy's lady friend? I remember that he came into the scene right after she confessed that she loved him but that nothing would happen because she's "a married woman," but I wasn't clear on whether that walking side of beef was the husband or not.

HMc
02-26-2007, 10:02 PM
No no no. Frank told Arlene that Will had sold the boat that his grandfather had left him, and Julie attempted to seduce John because he has the key to the safe deposit box. Of course Craig has already emptied the box, being the holder of the 2nd key that everyone thought was destroyed in the big house fire of '85.

Believe_Me
02-27-2007, 02:27 AM
Just a bunch of sinners so far!

Its your choice.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2007, 03:10 AM
**** this show. Studio 60 4 Lyfe. :(

oaklandhater
02-27-2007, 03:13 AM

RIP Studio 60 we hardly knew ye.

oaklandhater
02-27-2007, 03:18 AM

this ought to piss you off ultra Entertainment Weekly name Studio 60
worst show of the year.

oaklandhater
02-27-2007, 03:20 AM
Here is there review ultra.

Studio 60 speechifies endlessly about politics, race and religion. But this Aaron Sorkin drama has become an exercise in equivocations: The Midwestern guy may have idiot-cliche parents, but he also has A Brother in the Military He Won't Exploit. And don't believe that the tokenism of evangelical Christan Harriet is excused just because Sorkin ackowledges it. Studio 60 is so determined not to be "red state" or "Blue state," it's an appeasing, icky shade of purple."

Kraut
02-27-2007, 05:21 AM
This show wasn't that bad. I wasn't even going to give it a chance after I read a few reviews. A lot of the major papers across the country were calling it rubbish. Then I checked out Rolling Stone and they said it was pretty good so I figured I would look into it myself. I will come back to it next week.

chagrin
02-27-2007, 05:27 AM
Ahh yes, the one market left that TV hasn't tapped into, the gangsta thug Irish Market, YAY!

no thanks

Sully
02-27-2007, 07:59 AM
That last thug that Tommy shot, was he the husband of Tommy's lady friend? I remember that he came into the scene right after she confessed that she loved him but that nothing would happen because she's "a married woman," but I wasn't clear on whether that walking side of beef was the husband or not.

I forgot the details, but at the beginning of the show the "narrator" (the guy being interrogated) was discussing how her husband had gotten into some shit and been killed, and everyone knew, but no one had the heart to tell her. So she was just waiting for him to return from wherever.
The last guy Tommy shot was the Irish boss of the neighborhood, and he killed him because Tommy had figured out that he had made a deal to have his brother killed.