PDA

View Full Version : No more of my money NFL

Steve
02-27-2007, 05:11 AM
If we each signed over our paycheck directly to the NFL they still would want more.I have been mad about the money for a while now but the nfl was my biggest hobby.I heard Orlando Pace wanted 23 miilion for a bonus to sign a long term contract.After being franchised for years he finally signed long term last year.I dont even want to know how much.Now Dwight Freeney wants 30 million.From now on I will still watch,on tv,and support the Chiefs in every way except my money.No more game tickets,merchadise or any of my money to the nfl.Players must start being more reasonable and then we could put pressure on the owners.

Guru
02-27-2007, 05:23 AM
And then they will up and move to where they can make money.

IT is good you are standing your ground but unfortunately they have fans over a barrel.

Steve
02-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Move where? Europe,Mexico?Good luck.I know I won't make a difference.It sucks really.Where does it end?The worst part about it is Nfl doesnt care one bit about anything but money.How many regular fans get superbowl ticket each year?Fans make it worse to.Remember when king carl said season ticket holders were the only true chiefs fans?How many season ticket holders buy them just to resell them on ebay?Is that the true chiefs fan king carl was talking about?The nfl has a long way to go IMHO.

dave0320
02-27-2007, 06:05 AM
It's all about supply and demand. With the renovations expected to be completed in 2010, don't expect to see any empty seats anytime soon.

InChiefsHell
02-27-2007, 06:26 AM
Look how much baseball players and basketball players make...shit, the NFL is like the bottom of those 3, and NFL players have a much higher risk of injury. It is pretty ridiculous how much they make, but the money is there and they want it. The NFL has come a long way in compensating players, IMO. It's pretty hard to feel sorry for a dude who gets cut after 3 seasons, because he's already made more money that I would in 20 years. Of course, if he's blown it all on strippers and cars, that's his own stupidity.

I feel sorry for the old guys who paved the way in this league 30 years ago. They gave the same of their bodies, maybe more because medical advances have been made, than their modern counterparts. And they didn't make jack shit.

BigRedChief
02-27-2007, 06:47 AM
If we each signed over our paycheck directly to the NFL they still would want more.I have been mad about the money for a while now but the nfl was my biggest hobby.I heard Orlando Pace wanted 23 miilion for a bonus to sign a long term contract.After being franchised for years he finally signed long term last year.I dont even want to know how much.Now Dwight Freeney wants 30 million.From now on I will still watch,on tv,and support the Chiefs in every way except my money.No more game tickets,merchadise or any of my money to the nfl.Players must start being more reasonable and then we could put pressure on the owners.
I guess your not a baseball fan then huh?
Football players careers could be over on every snap of the ball and they don't get chit except the signing bonus. Baseball players get it all even if they are injured or just quit.

Bugeater
02-27-2007, 07:26 AM
There's going to come a day when you won't even be able to do that for free. Enjoy it while you can.

boogblaster
02-27-2007, 07:32 AM
I live in bum-f*ck I pay to watch NFL games now...

Simplex3
02-27-2007, 07:43 AM
There's going to come a day when you won't even be able to do that for free. Enjoy it while you can.
The day the NFL charges me to watch a game on TV is the day it's over between them and I.

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 07:49 AM
The day the NFL charges me to watch a game on TV is the day it's over between them and I.
Me too.

jlscorpio
02-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Stop going to movies, while you're at it. Jim Carey makes shooting one movie, whether it sucks or not, what Peyton Manning makes in 3 years playing foosball.

Steve
02-27-2007, 08:49 AM
You know that is a good point I had not thought of.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Stop going to movies, while you're at it. Jim Carey makes shooting one movie, whether it sucks or not, what Peyton Manning makes in 3 years playing foosball.
The entertainment industry is out of control.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Well if you want the NFL to have no money from you better not buy beer, pop, chips, car, cell phones, watch tv at all, and lot of other things.

InChiefsHell
02-27-2007, 09:32 AM

That day is coming. Consider the NFL network. You have to have cable to watch those games. Over then next few years, I can see a bunch of games begin moved to that network...or pay per view.

...thank God I can get the Chiefs radio network here in Omaha.

Nzoner
02-27-2007, 10:34 AM

That day has already come for some of us

thurman merman
02-27-2007, 11:30 PM
No more game tickets,merchadise or any of my money to the nfl.Players must start being more reasonable and then we could put pressure on the owners.

so you are going to make players more reasonable by not buying anything. okay. that should do it.

Guru
02-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Yeah, that will pretty much be my story too. I will go to the bars then, until they charge a cover to watch the PPV game on their TV.

Fruit Ninja
02-27-2007, 11:45 PM
I beenpaying to watch the Chiefs play on tv for the last 7 years. the 200 or so bucks i pay to me is well worth it. I could always not pay and watch the 16 Raider games *Puke*

cdcox
02-27-2007, 11:59 PM
I agree.

I tore down my DirecTV dish and am mailing it to Roger Goodell one piece at a time.

If I notice a bar with more than one TV, I make it a point to cruise by on a Sunday. If they are showing an NFL game, they get a molotov cocktail. Damn profiteers.

Not to mention TV manufacturers. Them damn bastards are making millions selling TVs to people just so they can watch NFL football. I'm going to mail my TV to Roger Goodell one piece at a time just to teach him a lesson.

The only reason I watch the NFL at all is to decide which advertisers I'm going to boycott. It's getting more difficult though, since I don't have a dish, a TV or any bars in my town to see the games.

Guru
02-28-2007, 12:06 AM
I agree.

I tore down my DirecTV dish and am mailing it to Roger Goodell one piece at a time.

If I notice a bar with more than one TV, I make it a point to cruise by on a Sunday. If they are showing an NFL game, they get a molotov cocktail. Damn profiteers.

Not to mention TV manufacturers. Them damn bastards are making millions selling TVs to people just so they can watch NFL football. I'm going to mail my TV to Roger Goodell one piece at a time just to teach him a lesson.

The only reason I watch the NFL at all is to decide which advertisers I'm going to boycott. It's getting more difficult though, since I don't have a dish, a TV or any bars in my town to see the games.
Looks like you have your shit together. Or apart.