PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports: We re-signed Huard

BigRock
02-27-2007, 02:43 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/65

Chiefs agree to deal with Huard

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 4 minutes ago

There will be one less quarterback on the open market this off-season.

Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard has told FOXSports.com that he has agreed on a three-year deal to remain in Kansas City. Huard would not discuss terms of the deal, but it is believed to be worth about $7.5 million over the life of the deal.

"This makes so much sense for me," Huard said. "I already know the system. I love the city."

The 33-year-old filled in admirably last season for Kansas City starter Trent Green, who suffered a severe concussion in the team's opener. Huard started eight games for the Chiefs in 2006, leading them to a 5-3 mark during that stretch, while compiling an impressive 98.0 passing rating.

Green's status for 2007 still remains to be seen and the Chiefs also have rookie Brodie Croyle waiting in the wings. But the re-signing of Huard gives the Chiefs a veteran quarterback to fall back on.

"I don't know exactly what's going to happen with our quarterback position, but at least I know I'll be in the mix," Huard said.

Reaper16
02-27-2007, 02:43 PM
QB Controversy! Rah-rah-rah!

Simplex3
02-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Good. Now make him the starter for a year or two and hire Green to be the QB coach for Croyle.

Thig Lyfe
02-27-2007, 02:44 PM
I just bought the plane tickets to Glendale.

Reaper16
02-27-2007, 02:45 PM
But did you print the other tickets? It's a vital step.

58-4ever
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Does this mean we are not drafting Quinn? ROFL

chagrin
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Somewhere Hootie is changing his/her underwear

noa
02-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Glad to hear this...now if we can only talk Trent into restructuring his contract.

InChiefsHell
02-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Wow. Goodbye Trent?

StcChief
02-27-2007, 02:48 PM
we played the Cardinals and NFCW last year :p

Woodrow Call
02-27-2007, 02:49 PM
I was against resigning Huard at the end of the season but after looking back at the season and realizing how badly Green played, I think this is a good move.

Huard is the perfect band-aid till Croyle is ready(fingers crossed). I'd say Trent's days are numbered.

FringeNC
02-27-2007, 02:50 PM
As I and many others have said -- there were no teams in a bidding war to make Huard a starter. That was crazy talk.

tk13
02-27-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm guessing the market for Huard was not that great. This year is probably up in the air, but I can't imagine the plan is for Huard to be the starter three years from now.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Free Agency hasn't even begun. Huard is a moron for not testing the market. At the very least he could have squeezed the Chiefs for more.

Chiefs_Fan
02-27-2007, 02:55 PM
I feel better.

Cochise
02-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Huard played well. But at the end of the year, discounting the game that Green started but Huard played most of, Huard was 5-3 as a starter and Green was 4-3.

Tuckdaddy
02-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I can live with this for now. Green should be hitting the road. Luv the guy and all his class, leadership and good seasons but last year it was obvious he has lost his skills.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm glad this deal got done. After seeing Green come back from his injury last year he certainly wasn't the same. We are in a re-building mode anyway. We should possibly consider trading Green.

Chiefnj
02-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I assume this is the end for Trent.

I'm hoping they view Huard as the backup and try to develop a younger guy like Croyle. I don't really want them building the team around Damon.

Tuckdaddy
Free Agency hasn't even begun. Huard is a moron for not testing the market. At the very least he could have squeezed the Chiefs for more.

Maybe he was told something that we don't know? The world is shady place.

CupidStunt
Huard played well. But at the end of the year, discounting the game that Green started but Huard played most of, Huard was 5-3 as a starter and Green was 4-3.

Not talkin' about the Cincy game, are you?

That shouldn't be discounted. It should be an L for Green.

Huard played great in that game as he did for the majority of his time as the starter.

Simply Red
02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
wow. good, good.

Extra Point
02-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Major step in the right direction. I agree with Simplex about keeping Green around for Croyle's and team's benefit. Can't happen without Green restructuring his deal.

NewChief
02-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Interesting. I just hope the Chiefs release Trent on the first deadline, not the second if they're going to do it.

FringeNC
02-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I assume this is the end for Trent.

I'm hoping they view Huard as the backup and try to develop a younger guy like Croyle. I don't really want them building the team around Damon.

Yeah. I have a feeling Green is not going to restructure this time. I have a hard time believing Washington and Trent haven't been in contact with one another.

Weird money for Huard. Too much to be a backup, and too little to be a starter.

Tribal Warfare
02-27-2007, 03:07 PM
print' em baby :rolleyes:

Pushead2
02-27-2007, 03:09 PM
See ya Green

tk13
02-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Actually, I think Trent would do well in Tampa, too. It's a different system but I think Gruden would get the best out of him.

Cochise
02-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Not talkin' about the Cincy game, are you?

That shouldn't be discounted. It should be an L for Green.

Huard played great in that game as he did for the majority of his time as the starter.

I took out the game where neither QB played the whole game. Yeah.. real biased :rolleyes:

ck_IN
02-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Somewhere Hootie is all a quiver in joy.

Cut Green. He's a system QB and this aint his system. Use Huard as a starter this year and backup to Croyle next year.

Woodrow Call
02-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Interesting. I just hope the Chiefs release Trent on the first deadline, not the second if they're going to do it.

I read on another site that teams can now pick 2 June 1st cuts and release them at the 1st deadline. Anyone know if that's true?

Arrowhead Pride
02-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Is it just more or is that a lot to pay him?

Arrowhead Pride
02-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Is it just me or is that a lot to pay him?

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Cut Green. He's a system QB and this aint his system. Use Huard as a starter this year and backup to Croyle next year.

On February 27th at 3:25 I agreed with ck_IN. The sky is falling. :)

Phobia
02-27-2007, 03:23 PM
I read on another site that teams can now pick 2 June 1st cuts and release them at the 1st deadline. Anyone know if that's true?
Yeah, that's a new dynamic to the CBA.

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Is it just more or is that a lot to pay him?

Do you always repeat yourself? :D

sedated
02-27-2007, 03:25 PM

no, it was the first guy too

Phobia
02-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Do you always repeat yourself? :D
The server was lagging quite a bit when he posted that.

Sure-Oz
02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Very suprised by this, no way we pay him that much to backup, right?! Croyle probably gets another year of seasoning and trent retires? hmm

King_Chief_Fan
02-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I took out the game where neither QB played the whole game. Yeah.. real biased :rolleyes:

Let the stats below eliminate the bias

Green
121/198 - completion/attempts
1342 yards
61% completion
7/9 TD/INT
24/127 sacks/lost yards
74.1 Rating

Huard
148/244 - completion/attempts
1878 yards
60% completion
11/1 TD/INT
16/106 sacks/lost yards
98.0 rating

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 03:29 PM
The server was lagging quite a bit when he posted that.

I assumed as much, just ****ing with him.

Lzen
02-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I was against resigning Huard at the end of the season but after looking back at the season and realizing how badly Green played, I think this is a good move.

Huard is the perfect band-aid till Croyle is ready(fingers crossed). I'd say Trent's days are numbered.

That's pretty much the way I see it, as well. :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Good. Now make him the starter for a year or two and hire Green to be the QB coach for Croyle.

I wish the mods would put up a sticky that reads "GREEN WILL NEVER COACH IN THE NFL".

He'll have made over $35 million in his career, has a hot wife, children at home and already stated he'd never be a coach. Plus, why? Please name another ex-NFL QB who's made in excess of $10 million playing that's now a coach?

Trent's post NFL career is broadcasting.

DaneMcCloud
02-27-2007, 03:33 PM
As I and many others have said -- there were no teams in a bidding war to make Huard a starter. That was crazy talk.

Free agency hasn't even started so it's difficult to gauge interest in Huard. But I find it hard to believe that teams like Chicago, Dallas, SF, Carolina and even Tamba Bay wouldn't have taken a long, hard look at Huard as either a starter or extremely reliable backup.

GoHuge
02-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Yeah. I have a feeling Green is not going to restructure this time. I have a hard time believing Washington and Trent haven't been in contact with one another.

Weird money for Huard. Too much to be a backup, and too little to be a starter.I seem to remember when Trent was on with Keitzman and he was pretty clear that he wasn't planning on being a back up. Should be interesting. I think this is a finger in the damn move by Carl. In two years he'll be as old as Trent. I am sick to death of signing these old guys.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Free agency hasn't even started so it's difficult to gauge interest in Huard. But I find it hard to believe that teams like Chicago, Dallas, SF, Carolina and even Tamba Bay wouldn't have taken a long, hard look at Huard as either a starter or extremely reliable backup.

Some other genious mentioned this earlier.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I assumed as much, just ****ing with him.

We don't really allow that here.

Chiefnj
02-27-2007, 03:40 PM
It means Huard's agent went to Indy for the weekend and nobody would speak to him.

Coogs
02-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Use Huard as a starter this year and backup to Croyle next year.

I's rather use Croyle as the starter this year. If he does not pan out, the Brian Brohm of Louisville would be square in the sights in the 2008 draft.

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 03:47 PM
I wish the mods would put up a sticky that reads "GREEN WILL NEVER COACH IN THE NFL".

He'll have made over $35 million in his career, has a hot wife, children at home and already stated he'd never be a coach. Plus, why? Please name another ex-NFL QB who's made in excess of $10 million playing that's now a coach?

Trent's post NFL career is broadcasting.

Can we add the spelling of Welbourn and Sims to the *sticky?*

Chiefnj
02-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I's rather use Croyle as the starter this year. If he does not pan out, the Brian Brohm of Louisville would be square in the sights in the 2008 draft.

I agree. The thought of having an average vet babysit the team for a year, doesn't make much sense to me.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 03:54 PM
wow ....... that's a lot for a backup.

2.3 million per year for a 30+ yr old journeyman QB

todd collins made 1 million per yr for us.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm :hmmm:

BigChiefFan
02-27-2007, 03:54 PM
I agree. The thought of having an average vet babysit the team for a year, doesn't make much sense to me.It does if they don't think Croyle is ready,yet.

dirk digler
02-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Blah move IMO. We need to get younger not older.

ChiefsCountry
02-27-2007, 03:56 PM
This means two things, Croyle isnt ready expected that and the Chiefs are still concerned about Green. I still think Green will be the starter though.

Chiefnj
02-27-2007, 03:57 PM
It does if they don't think Croyle is ready,yet.
The kid went to a big school, with a big program, and he was a first day draft pick - he should be ready.

el borracho
02-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Blah move IMO. We need to get younger not older.
33 is younger than 37.

Rooster
02-27-2007, 03:59 PM
It means Huard's agent went to Indy for the weekend and nobody would speak to him.

That's what I think too.

dirk digler
02-27-2007, 04:00 PM
33 is younger than 37.

That is if we let Green go.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
02-27-2007, 04:01 PM

he got a deal he liked worth millions, loves the city, knows the system.
what's moronic about that?

Chief Chief
02-27-2007, 04:01 PM
This DOES NOT necessarily mean the end for Trent.

He WILL be offered a restructured contract. If he agrees to it, Trent will most likely be the starting QB next year (unless he gets out-performed in training camp). If he doesn't agree to less pay then he'll be let go. At least we'll have Huard to start some games while Croyle and possibly other younger QBs get ready to take over.

Woodrow Call
02-27-2007, 04:02 PM

Weird money for Huard. Too much to be a backup, and too little to be a starter.

I just don't see Washington making a move for him. Campbell did OK and was a 1st rd pick, Brunell is restructuring, a good old t0dd is still around.

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2007, 04:03 PM
That's alot of money for The Butcher of the NFC West.

htismaqe
02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
wow ....... that's a lot for a backup.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm :hmmm:

Not really. And it's WAY less than the average starter makes...

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 04:04 PM
If Trent Green doesn't restructure it's because he doesn't like playing for the new coaches.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 04:07 PM
we should trade Trent Green to Chicago .....

they would take him. He's a definite upgrade over what they have now. They are close enough to winning a super bowl that it could be worth overpaying.

dirk digler
02-27-2007, 04:08 PM
If Trent Green doesn't restructure it's because he doesn't like playing for the new coaches.

I bet Trent really loves to play for the genious QB coach known as Dick Curl and the offensive genious known as Herm Edwards.

Woodrow Call
02-27-2007, 04:09 PM

I'd agree with that.

we should trade Trent Green to Chicago ..... .

I'm thinking Miami with Shea

JBucc
02-27-2007, 04:10 PM
I hope we get rid of Trent one way or the other. Feels terrible to say that but Trent needs to be on a contending team before his time runs completely out if it hasn't already.

Frazod
02-27-2007, 04:12 PM
we should trade Trent Green to Chicago .....

they would take him. He's a definite upgrade over what they have now. They are close enough to winning a super bowl that it could be worth overpaying.

We play Chicago this year. That would certainly make things interesting.

But the Bears already have Greasy (and damn well should have went to him when Grossman imploded), so I doubt if Trent would land there.

Chiefnj
I bet Trent really loves to play for the genious QB coach known as Dick Curl and the offensive genious known as Herm Edwards.
You forgot Black and Turley and Sampson at tackle.

NewChief
Re: Trent trade talk.

I've talked about in the past how NFL QB is all about the connections you have. Here are teams, with QB needs, that Trent has connections with at this point in time:

Miami (Shea)
Oakland (Norv) (wouldn't be a trade, but could happen if he's released)
Chicago (Lovie)
Washington (Al)

I'm not saying that there's anything ongoing with any of those, but it's possible.

penchief
02-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Very suprised by this, no way we pay him that much to backup, right?! Croyle probably gets another year of seasoning and trent retires? hmm

Very interesting. This move could signal faith in Croyle's future as much as it does Huards performance or Green's age. When one considers all three it looks like a pretty safe bet, IMO.

We won't have to worry about quarterback for a couple of years. We have two that can play well within our system. Plus, it will give us time to get a better read on Croyle. It would be nice to believe that this decision was based on optimism about Croyle's ability (inspiring the front office to opt for a more affordable bridge to the future).

Direckshun
02-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Starting in the 2008 Super Bowl for the Chicago Bears, in their much-publicized rematch with the Indianapolis Colts.... TRENT GREEN!

Colts 33 Bears 27

Reerun_KC
02-27-2007, 04:18 PM

You know how painful it is to watch on TV or Live.

Jut imagine trying to run that cluster f*ck of an offense? With the genious we have coach the team, We will be hard pressed to have an offense in the top 25...

KevB
02-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know the specifics of Green's deal currently? That answer could disrupt any talk of trading or cutting him.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 04:20 PM
We play Chicago this year. That would certainly make things interesting.

But the Bears already have Greasy (and damn well should have went to him when Grossman imploded), so I doubt if Trent would land there.
yea ... but if they thought that much of Greasy they would already made the change.

i think Green's leadership, character and several 4,000 yrd seasons would make him ideal for a team needing the final piece for a super bowl.

he would bring an instant confidence boost to the bears offense.

The bears 1st round pick is almost a 2nd anyway.

dirk digler
02-27-2007, 04:22 PM
You forgot Black and Turley and Sampson at tackle.

Thanks for depressing me. How far the mighty have fallen

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know the specifics of Green's deal currently? That answer could disrupt any talk of trading or cutting him.
i believe the new CBA allows a team to trade one player each season and still treat it like a post June 1st cut as far as the salary cap is concerned.

Direckshun
This DOES NOT necessarily mean the end for Trent.

He WILL be offered a restructured contract. If he agrees to it, Trent will most likely be the starting QB next year (unless he gets out-performed in training camp). If he doesn't agree to less pay then he'll be let go. At least we'll have Huard to start some games while Croyle and possibly other younger QBs get ready to take over.
A+

dirk digler
You know how painful it is to watch on TV or Live.

Jut imagine trying to run that cluster f*ck of an offense? With the genious we have coach the team, We will be hard pressed to have an offense in the top 25...

Yep. The more I think of Herm as our coach the more I want to puke.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Wow the news out of One Arrowhead Drive gets worse by the day...

We need to get younger and build a team, Signing this asscap does nothing but keep the Chiefs at .500...

Somewhere Hootie is still jacking off to the news.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Yep. The more I think of Herm as our coach the more I want to puke.

Many on here will disagree with you..

The love for Herm is strong with the ChiefsPlanet.

Oh Herm, 1988 called and wants their offense back!

htismaqe
02-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Many on here will disagree with you..

The love for Herm is strong with the ChiefsPlanet.

Oh Herm, 1988 called and wants their offense back!

Name one person that loves Herm.

Just one.

The Bad Guy
02-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Name one person that loves Herm.

Just one.

He can't. I just have severe disdain for any fan that won't give a coach any chance and even says that he'll never give him a fair shake.

Herm hampered the offense no doubt. But the offense was hampered much more by age, retirement and lack of a true wideout. This offense was setup to fail last year even if Vermeil came back.

nychief
02-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Croyle is not ready. I think this is smart. Looks like Green will either have to take a huge pay cut - or find somewhere else to play.

nychief
02-27-2007, 04:31 PM
It is time to rebuild with a young core - built through the draft.

Woodrow Call
02-27-2007, 04:31 PM
He can't. I just have severe disdain for any fan that won't give a coach any chance and even says that he'll never give him a fair shake.

Herm hampered the offense no doubt. But the offense was hampered much more by age, retirement and lack of a true wideout. This offense was setup to fail last year even if Vermeil came back.

My feelings exactly.

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2007, 04:32 PM
I love Herm.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2007, 04:33 PM
The Bad Guy and SplatBass...

Bad Guy? How come the Jets didnt give Herm a fair shake?

Reerun_KC
02-27-2007, 04:33 PM
I love Herm.

Thanks Go Chiefs!

dirk digler
02-27-2007, 04:34 PM

I gave Herm a chance last season and I won't be making that mistake again.

IMHO this team is about to implode I haven't heard so much negativity from inside the Chiefs locker room in a long time. I thought Herm was a players coach?

htismaqe
02-27-2007, 04:35 PM
GoChiefs is a moron.

Other than him, there isn't a single person here that loves Herm.

Just because people don't want to join you in acting like a repetitive buffoon doesn't mean they approve of this coaching staff.

Reerun_KC
02-27-2007, 04:37 PM
GoChiefs is a moron.

Just because people don't want to join you in acting like a repetitive buffoon doesn't mean they approve of this coaching staff.

I actually could care less what you think to be honest with you..

And I dont care if people like Herm or not.

And if you dont agree? Put me on ignore and stop being a defensive whiney bitch!

htismaqe
02-27-2007, 04:41 PM
I actually could care less what you think to be honest with you..

And I dont care if people like Herm or not.

And if you dont agree? Put me on ignore and stop being a defensive whiney bitch!

1) If I'm calling you a buffoon, I'm being OFFENSIVE. Get it straight.

2) You're constant drivel about Herman Edwards is the EPITOME of whining.

Chiefnj
02-27-2007, 04:43 PM

IMHO this team is about to implode I haven't heard so much negativity from inside the Chiefs locker room in a long time. I thought Herm was a players coach?

They aren't "his" players yet. But, I do agree that the team is in shambles.

Woodrow Call
02-27-2007, 04:45 PM

With the hand he was dealt this year he had no chance and still got the Chiefs 9 wins. Was it pretty? No it wasn't but it worked. Next year is going to be rough 6 or 7 wins probably but I expect big things in years 3 and 4.

IMO you can't judge a coach until his 3rd or 4th year. By then he has gutted the roster and replaced them with his guys. If by then the Chiefs are hovering .500 then I will sour on Herm as well

Most of the negativity is coming from the DV guys in the locker room and by the looks of things they are on their way out. Herm is the coach and if they don't like it they should be let go. It's not fair to them or Herm.

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2007, 04:49 PM
With the hand he was dealt this year he had no chance and still got the Chiefs 9 wins. Was it pretty? No it wasn't but it worked. Next year is going to be rough 6 or 7 wins probably but I expect big things in years 3 and 4.

IMO you can't judge a coach until his 3rd or 4th year. By then he has gutted the roster and replaced them with his guys. If by then the Chiefs are hovering .500 then I will sour on Herm as well

Most of the negativity is coming from the DV guys in the locker room and by the looks of things they are on their way out. Herm is the coach and if they don't like it they should be let go. It's not fair to them or Herm.

Whatever, moron.

crazycoffey
02-27-2007, 04:49 PM
GoChiefs is a moron.

he loves herm cause he wants to see what jungle fever is....
or herm is a nickname for his chihuahua.

however I am still willing to give Herm Edwards a chance, I don't think ill of him.

Woodrow Call
02-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Whatever, moron.
:D

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 04:52 PM
GoChiefs is a moron.

the only reason Goatcheese like Herm is because everyone else doesn't.

when we first traded for Herm everyone like it and Goatcheese hated it.

he goes opposite of public opinion to fit his attention whore needs.

unlike you who goes opposite so he can be an argumentative ass. :D

88TG88
02-27-2007, 05:07 PM
So what time is the parade scheduled ?

Short Leash Hootie
02-27-2007, 05:10 PM
because not everyone is greedy? Because he likes KC? Because he had a great year in this system? Because 7.5 million dollars is plenty of money?

Short Leash Hootie
02-27-2007, 05:16 PM
I made a bet with someone that Huard would be our starting QB next year.

Why am I always right?

Seriously guys...from now on, if you want to know what's going to happen with a Chiefs player, shoot me a PM or instant message and I'll let you know.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2007, 05:33 PM
I hope we cut Green and start Croyle with Huard backing him up this year.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Also, Clayton on ESPN said that Green is still the starter in KC. I hope it's usual stupid talk and we go with Croyle.

Direckshun
02-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Too soon for Croyle.

Edit: oh and your and idiot etc

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Too soon for Croyle.

Edit: oh and your and idiot etc

I know, it's too soon to start rebuilding. Lets continue the 40 year mediocrity plan.

bogie
02-27-2007, 05:54 PM

I agree, and am glad he's a moron.

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 05:56 PM
I know, it's too soon to start rebuilding. Lets continue the 40 year mediocrity plan.

Hey it has only been 18, they were sub-mediocre and pretty bad, for the 17 before that.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 05:58 PM
because not everyone is greedy? Because he likes KC? Because he had a great year in this system? Because 7.5 million dollars is plenty of money?

Those are all good reasons, but I'd have still tested free agency. Who amongst us would settle for $7.5 Mill when $10 Mill could be had if you wait 2 weeks?

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 06:03 PM
That's alot of money for The Butcher of the NFC West.

LMAO He did carve them up.

FAX
02-27-2007, 06:10 PM
The distinguishing characteristic of the Giant Toad is the enlarged parotoid gland. These immense glands extend far down the sides of the body.

They also secrete highly toxic substances that can poison and even kill dogs and other animals that happen to bite into them.

FAX

HemiEd
02-27-2007, 06:14 PM
The distinguishing characteristic of the Giant Toad is the enlarged parotoid gland. These immense glands extend far down the sides of the body.

They also secrete highly toxic substances that can poison and even kill dogs and other animals that happen to bite into them.

FAX

Finally some light has been shed on the subject.

FringeNC
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM

Yeah, unless he is still offered a big premium to play here. If the Chiefs ask him to restructure and he thinks he could get anyone near as much with another team, he's gone in my opinion. Edwards has made it crystal clear the type of offense he is going to run, and it is going to get Trent killed throwing only on third and long.

I guess we can look it at as good news if Trent does restructure, because it gives a whiff of hope that Herm might have had a leash put on him by Carl.

the Talking Can
02-27-2007, 07:00 PM

exactly, no sane Franchise would put their future in Damon Huard.....except the Chiefs, of course....

anyways, this is good news...we'll play Huard and get the #1 draft pick next year and rebuild for real....

Manila-Chief
02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Those are all good reasons, but I'd have still tested free agency. Who amongst us would settle for $7.5 Mill when $10 Mill could be had if you wait 2 weeks?

I agree!!! When I first read it I was delighted, but, like you Phil, I've got questions.

I first read this on the Star site and it is reported that Huard was not even promised he would be given a chance to start. As well as he play and with the stats he had this year, it seems several teams would be camping out at his door, and for him to sign for that little this early raises serious questions about his fire/confidence/etc. Seems he is too ready to settle for being a back-up.

And, as Phil said, if he is aware that he has a great shot of starting (which he said he didn't have) then seems he would have asked for more money or tested the FA market.

Maybe he knows he is only a back-up and he is in a comfortable spot. Or, maybe he knows Brodie has what it takes and knows Herm will start the young guys????

Now, with that being said, I'm happy he signed. I feel he can be a winning QB in Herm's system. Trent is probably the better QB in D.V.'s system but Herm doesn't want to take chances, thus, Green has been handcuffed.

I think Kingless should cut Trent ... not because of lack of talent ... but, because I think we need to be building for 2008 or 2009 and Trent will not help us do that. If Brodie needs a year or 2 then Huard gets us to his time.

milkman
02-27-2007, 08:36 PM
I agree!!! When I first read it I was delighted, but, like you Phil, I've got questions.

I first read this on the Star site and it is reported that Huard was not even promised he would be given a chance to start. As well as he play and with the stats he had this year, it seems several teams would be camping out at his door, and for him to sign for that little this early raises serious questions about his fire/confidence/etc. Seems he is too ready to settle for being a back-up.

And, as Phil said, if he is aware that he has a great shot of starting (which he said he didn't have) then seems he would have asked for more money or tested the FA market.

Maybe he knows he is only a back-up and he is in a comfortable spot. Or, maybe he knows Brodie has what it takes and knows Herm will start the young guys????

Now, with that being said, I'm happy he signed. I feel he can be a winning QB in Herm's system. Trent is probably the better QB in D.V.'s system but Herm doesn't want to take chances, thus, Green has been handcuffed.

I think Kingless should cut Trent ... not because of lack of talent ... but, because I think we need to be building for 2008 or 2009 and Trent will not help us do that. If Brodie needs a year or 2 then Huard gets us to his time.

I'd would imagine that agents begin to guage interest in their clients before the free agency market opens, and Huard's agent probably realized that the interest wasn't there.

On the NBC pregame show in the latter stages of the season, Charlie Casserly said that the GMs he talked to had little interest in Huard as a starter when free agency rolled around after the season.

Manila-Chief
02-27-2007, 08:37 PM
anyways, this is good news...we'll play Huard and get the #1 draft pick next year and rebuild for real....

Can you Talked a positive line of thinking with that statement. Be nice if it happens, coz we get better by going down. But, I'm afraid we are doomed to mediocrity until Kingless' contract runs out... 9 to 11 wins each season and maybe even a playoff win ... but, no commitment to a championship.

But, I disagree with you over Huard's potential. He can win in Herm's system .... now, I do believe Herm's system will never even get close to playing in a championship team. He doesn't like to score points or he is too conservative.

Manila-Chief
02-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I'd would imagine that agents begin to guage interest in their clients before the free agency market opens, and Huard's agent probably realized that the interest wasn't there.

A very good possibility that his agent did some scouting, but still seems to me he jumped really quickly and real winner would have sought a starting job ... especially after he did so well this year.

Bwana
02-27-2007, 08:53 PM
SWEET!

the Talking Can
02-27-2007, 09:01 PM
if Huard thought there was the slightest chance that any team was dumb enough to make him the starter he would not have signed this contract....

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I wonder how much money Huard has made over the course of his career prior to this contract.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2007, 09:09 PM
I heard Clayton on ESPN radio and he said the Chiefs won't ask Green to restructure.

NewChief
02-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I wonder how much money Huard has made over the course of his career prior to this contract.

Not sure, but I imagine he's been pretty conservative with it. The guys who start out as backups and make low figures for quite a few years probably end up better off monetarily in the long run than the people that come out and get the big salaries from the get go. The backups learn to live within their means and their cashflow only increases, whereas the bigtimes start out living crazy with a crazy salary and their cashflow only decreases over time.

NewChief
02-27-2007, 09:11 PM
I heard Clayton on ESPN radio and he said the Chiefs won't ask Green to restructure.

Interesting. That would indicate cut or trade to me.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-27-2007, 09:13 PM

The way he talked on the radio and earlier on SportsCenter was that Green will be the starter, they have enough money to not ask him to restructure, etc.

NewChief
02-27-2007, 09:14 PM
The way he talked on the radio and earlier on SportsCenter was that Green will be the starter, they have enough money to not ask him to restructure, etc.

Weird. We'll see. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it goes down like that, though the idea of Trent having to deal with the BS of fans boooing him and constantly calling for Huard doesn't appeal to me that much.

milkman
02-27-2007, 09:16 PM

I would think that cutting or trading him at this point in his contract (based on my memory of discussions of said contract) would really take a bite out of the cap.

More likely that they'd keep him another season, then cut him.

Count Alex's Losses
02-27-2007, 09:16 PM
It would kinda suck if Green's KC career was bookended by boos.

penchief
02-27-2007, 09:18 PM
if Huard thought there was the slightest chance that any team was dumb enough to make him the starter he would not have signed this contract....

While there's a lot of truth to what you say I think that other large factors are at play, too.

Considering Trent's age, his performance last year, and his health concerns, it's reasonable to believe that Huard's chances of starting for the Chiefs are almost as good as they would be anywhere. Especially since he already knows the offense and has thrived in it.

Chief fans love him. He already has a built-in following. So instead of having to deal with other fans questioning the signing of Damon Huard, he knows he has KC rooting for him.

A simplified offense with a dominant running back is more suitable to the play-action pass and an accurate deep passer. Huard exhibited that deep touch, IMO.

The team really seemed to rally around him when he played last year. To me, the offense appeared more effective under Huard than it did under Green. He acted like a leader, IMO.

So while your assessment is a good one, I believe that it is possible he chose KC because it is likely his best chance to start in the NFL.

the Talking Can
02-27-2007, 09:25 PM
So while your assessment is a good one, I believe that it is possible he chose KC because it is likely his best chance to start in the NFL.

which is the point I made in my first point...no one but the Chiefs are dumb enough put their franchise in the hands of Damon Huard......

Logical
02-27-2007, 09:53 PM
3 years 7.5 Mil plus incentives. I must say I am suprised. Wonder if this is good bye to Trent.

Short Leash Hootie
02-27-2007, 10:11 PM
lol @ the talking can...you're a ****ing idiot.

Perhaps people, Huard was happy in KC, starting job or backup job. To question his heart and desire to be starting QB is silly...when he came in and started in Green's relief, he was a definite leader.

Deberg_1990
02-27-2007, 10:13 PM
3 years 7.5 Mil plus incentives. I must say I am suprised. Wonder if this is good bye to Trent.

We can only hope....hes definately not worth 9 mil against the cap.

Direckshun
02-27-2007, 10:30 PM
It would kinda suck if Green's KC career was bookended by boos.
Extremely bright assessment. I think it would suck, too. Unfair, even.

But we've gotten to know him for five years, and the guy is the consummate pro. He's one of the smartest quarterbacks to have played in the modern era and he knows sports. Winning, losing, he's been a part of it all and he's well aware of the consequences. He's loved his days in Kansas City and continues to embrace the community to this very day, even when he's on the hotseat with many Chiefs fans. Surely he knows Old Trent will be missed, but New Trent's not going to work.

I root for Trent in all his future endeavors, whether or not it includes the Chiefs. But ultimately he had an all-world coach put him in a picture-perfect system for five years and he was a Pro Bowler. I don't feel too sorry for the guy.

Extra Point
02-27-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm going to miss the gutter rain guard ads in the paper.

Mecca
02-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Nothing beats the "win 8 games to keep the stadium full" approach, man I love it.......Carl Peterson is the ultimate GM he knows how to keep his job without really doing much.

dirk digler
02-27-2007, 10:40 PM

I honestly don't believe that for a second. Green is schedule to make $9 million this year there is no way we should pay that.

Mecca
02-27-2007, 10:42 PM
I honestly don't believe that for a second. Green is schedule to make $9 million this year there is no way we should pay that.

I wonder if Trent knows how much he's suppose to make with his jello head these days....

boogblaster
02-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Somehow there's goin to be a Hootie-Huard wedding in the future ...

KcMizzou
02-27-2007, 11:14 PM
I honestly don't believe that for a second. Green is schedule to make $9 million this year there is no way we should pay that.The easy answer is that they plan to let him go.

booger
02-28-2007, 12:08 AM

Yep, that's what I'd guess.

Restructuring in his case would only push the Cap problem back. I think he wanted to do this last offseason or the year before to help the club out but was rejected by the team.

stevieray
02-28-2007, 12:44 AM
I wonder if Trent knows how much he's suppose to make with his jello head these days....

"jello" head twice in one night...

hes made millions..has a beautiful wife and a family...can still play professional football ...and you're here livng vicariously through a college you never graduated from....pretty safe to say who has jello for brains.

Guru
02-28-2007, 12:46 AM

hes made millions..has a beautiful wife and a family...can still play professional football ...and you're here livng vicariously through a college you never graduated from....pretty safe to say who has jello for brains.

ROFL

BWillie
02-28-2007, 01:33 AM
If we keep Green, Huard, and Croyle next year..then I will finally say that this was a bad move by Carl. It looks that the Chiefs are going to try to move Green, cut, or ask him to restructure. My guess would be try to trade him first, then ask him to restructure at a ridiculously low amount of money, if not, cut him. We would have an awful lot of money tied up on QB if none of those happen. If we can get Green traded for his value, and then start Huard for 2 mill a year to patch in until Brodie time..then this is a great move.

Phobia
02-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Weird. We'll see. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it goes down like that, though the idea of Trent having to deal with the BS of fans boooing him and constantly calling for Huard doesn't appeal to me that much.

I don't think they'll boo him much in Miami, NewDolphin. ;)

RedThat
02-28-2007, 02:22 AM
If the Chiefs were to trade Trent Green, I wonder what his trade value would be?

I know Trent has made a name for himself in the league, but, do you think that, the fact that he is 37 years of age, and came off an injury plagued season last year, will somewhat affect his trade value?

Do you think Trents 2 probowls, 3+ 4000 yard seasons will outweigh his injury plague poor season last year? Do you think teams will look at those positives and forget about his age, injury, and poor year last year, and just say, screw it, you know what? He is a good QB, we will take a chance on him. Basically, can we trade him? Will teams give up something to get him? Especially the teams that are in dire need of QB, ala Chicago, Tampa, Miami.

*Didn't Herm Edwards also say, there were going to be some unpopular off-season moves this year? hmmmm Maybe Trent will get traded?

Phobia
02-28-2007, 02:24 AM
If the Chiefs were to trade Trent Green, I wonder what his trade value would be?

I know Trent has made a name for himself in the league, but, do you think that, the fact that he is 37 years of age, and came off an injury plagued season last year, will somewhat affect his trade value?
Carl Peterson is the only guy who gives up first round picks for unproven and aging quarterbacks.

SPchief
02-28-2007, 02:28 AM
Carl Peterson is the only guy who gives up first round picks for unproven and aging quarterbacks.

I'm amazed at 2 things.

1. You are still up. You and Pink must have had a fight.

2. It's 2:30 in the morning and there is still football talk.

Guru
02-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Joe Montana wasn't unproven.

BWillie
02-28-2007, 02:31 AM

Do you think Trents 2 probowls, 3+ 4000 yard seasons will outweigh his injury plague poor season last year? Do you think teams will look at those positives and forget about his age, injury, and poor year last year, and just say, screw it, you know what? He is a good QB, we will take a chance on him. Basically, can we trade him? Will teams give up something to get him? Especially the teams that are in dire need of QB, ala Chicago, Tampa, Miami.

*Didn't Herm Edwards also say, there were going to be some unpopular off-season moves this year? hmmmm Maybe Trent will get traded?

If we can get rid of the 9 million dollars we are set to pay trent, and avoid a cap hit, I would trade Trent for 23 bags of funyuns, and a few nutty bars. I wouldn't even care if we got anything in return. We re-signed Huard, and it would be stupid to tie up a ton of money in old QB's.

Count Alex's Losses
02-28-2007, 02:32 AM

Damn, I hadn't considered this. I was hoping one of NewChief's relatives would marry Brodie Croyle.

luv
02-28-2007, 02:36 AM
I'm amazed at 2 things.

I didn't think Phil ever slept.

RedThat
02-28-2007, 02:38 AM
If we can get rid of the 9 million dollars we are set to pay trent, and avoid a cap hit, I would trade Trent for 23 bags of funyuns, and a few nutty bars. I wouldn't even care if we got anything in return. We re-signed Huard, and it would be stupid to tie up a ton of money in old QB's.

Thats another thing too, and I agree with you, it would be stupid to just tie up a ton of money in an old QB like Trent. It's Pointless.

Unless, the Chiefs still believe in him, and still think he is their starter? I dont know. But, it'd prolly be wise to just clear that cap space, and make room to add other players that can upgrade your roster, or try to trade him for some draft picks? I hope they can get something for Trent if they trade him.

Phobia
02-28-2007, 02:40 AM
Joe Montana wasn't unproven.

And Trent Green wasn't aging at the time. Perhaps I could have said "or".

Phobia
02-28-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm amazed at 2 things.

Nah, no fight. Been sick for days and it destroyed my sleep patterns. Plus I'm trying to get my daughter's little race car done in time for weigh-in tomorrow night. I kinda procrastinated that one.

Mecca
02-28-2007, 04:09 AM

And here is Stevie to jump out to personally insult me for making a Trent Green comment as if I insulted him........should have seen that one coming.

It's to bad the Chiefs future isn't as bright as you'd like to believe it is.

splatbass
02-28-2007, 05:47 AM
The Bad Guy and SplatBass...

Bad Guy? How come the Jets didnt give Herm a fair shake?

I don't care what the Jets did. I think it takes more than one year, especially when that year is plagued by injuries, old age, and retirements, to judge a coach. In other words, I'm neutral on Herm at this point. I don't love him, I don't hate him. That seems to be a pretty reasonable stance to take. If we haven't made any progress by year 3 then I will turn against him.

It is unreasonable for you to write him off and refuse to even give him a chance. That is your right, but when you take an unreasonable stance you can't complain when people call you on it.

NewChief
02-28-2007, 05:50 AM

Hmmmm... Christmas in South Beach.

The Bad Guy
02-28-2007, 07:58 AM

So in his first year, with his starting QB knocked out in the first half of the first game, his stud OT retires on the eve of training camp, installing a totally new defense with 4 new starters and rookies playing and he musters a 9-7 record, goes to the playoffs and loses to the SB champ and you won't make the "mistake" again of giving him a chance?

Negativity in the locker room? I guess you missed when LJ was really a big baby and the coaching staff had to call him out for it 3 years ago.

If I didn't know any better, I would say some of you think that the Chiefs were year in, and year out, viable SB contenders the way people think that Herm was just going to come in here with a garbage O-line, no defensive tackles, no receivers and turn chicken scratch into chicken salad.

dirk digler
02-28-2007, 08:22 AM
So in his first year, with his starting QB knocked out in the first half of the first game, his stud OT retires on the eve of training camp, installing a totally new defense with 4 new starters and rookies playing and he musters a 9-7 record, goes to the playoffs and loses to the SB champ and you won't make the "mistake" again of giving him a chance?

Negativity in the locker room? I guess you missed when LJ was really a big baby and the coaching staff had to call him out for it 3 years ago.

If I didn't know any better, I would say some of you think that the Chiefs were year in, and year out, viable SB contenders the way people think that Herm was just going to come in here with a garbage O-line, no defensive tackles, no receivers and turn chicken scratch into chicken salad.

Bad Guy it was the way they played in the playoffs that made me realize that Herm isn't a good coach at all. The Chiefs didn't even look like they belonged there and they lucked into it. They were clearly the worst playoff team this year and they totally look unprepared, unfocused, and got so out-coached it was pathetic.

Reerun_KC
02-28-2007, 08:41 AM
I don't care what the Jets did. I think it takes more than one year, especially when that year is plagued by injuries, old age, and retirements, to judge a coach. In other words, I'm neutral on Herm at this point. I don't love him, I don't hate him. That seems to be a pretty reasonable stance to take. If we haven't made any progress by year 3 then I will turn against him.

It is unreasonable for you to write him off and refuse to even give him a chance. That is your right, but when you take an unreasonable stance you can't complain when people call you on it.

You know it really doesnít matter what we all say about him, Love him or hate him, we are stuck with the toolbox.

After watching him prepare the Chiefs for the epic face plant in the playoffs, with Zero in game adjustments, which was enough for me. I have seen and read enough of the last 6 years to know what we have in our coach.

Just like you guys donít like Parker, or Green, or Black, or Hicks, or Gunther, or the Raiders, I donít like Herm. I have to be honest, the only time I liked Herm was when he was the coach of the Jets, Why? Because he wasn't our coach!

I do think Herm has a mess on his hands right now. Players are revolting, calling each other out. Now is the time to rebuild, cut vets and structure this team in his image... Not resign 33 year old QB's! So we will wait and see. This could be Herms defining moment as the coach of the Chiefs.

Lastly, I donít have to give the guy a fair shake. That is what makes us fans. If you guys want to that is fine. Plus, I like posting crap about him and watch a lot of people come to his defense and get upset about it. Especially Htismaqe, who I can always count on too ride in on his white stallion to tell me how much a dufus I am for not drinking Herms Kool-aid. It is just a message board and to see you guys get so bent out of shape about something as trivial as Herm... It makes me laugh and provides good entertainment.

Direckshun
02-28-2007, 08:45 AM
You're truly an evil genius, Reerun.

Except the things you cackle at are trivial, and you're not so much evil as you are just small.

Reerun_KC
02-28-2007, 08:47 AM
You're truly an evil genius, Reerun.

Except the things you cackle at are trivial, and you're not so much evil as you are just small.

Or extremely bored...

I know they are trivial, but someone always takes the bait.. It is like fishing for bass in a stocked pond. One of those little suckers is going to bite.

stevieray
02-28-2007, 09:21 AM
And here is Stevie to jump out to personally insult me for making a Trent Green comment as if I insulted him........should have seen that one coming.

I bet Trent can spell the word "too", Mr. Jello Pudding Pop.

Brock
02-28-2007, 09:24 AM

According to you, nearly every team in the league is head and shoulders better than KC. You're not objective at all. You laugh at the homers, but you're just the other side of a ****ed up coin.

htismaqe
02-28-2007, 09:47 AM
You know it really doesnít matter what we all say about him, Love him or hate him, we are stuck with the toolbox.

After watching him prepare the Chiefs for the epic face plant in the playoffs, with Zero in game adjustments, which was enough for me. I have seen and read enough of the last 6 years to know what we have in our coach.

Just like you guys donít like Parker, or Green, or Black, or Hicks, or Gunther, or the Raiders, I donít like Herm. I have to be honest, the only time I liked Herm was when he was the coach of the Jets, Why? Because he wasn't our coach!

I do think Herm has a mess on his hands right now. Players are revolting, calling each other out. Now is the time to rebuild, cut vets and structure this team in his image... Not resign 33 year old QB's! So we will wait and see. This could be Herms defining moment as the coach of the Chiefs.

Lastly, I donít have to give the guy a fair shake. That is what makes us fans. If you guys want to that is fine. Plus, I like posting crap about him and watch a lot of people come to his defense and get upset about it. Especially Htismaqe, who I can always count on too ride in on his white stallion to tell me how much a dufus I am for not drinking Herms Kool-aid. It is just a message board and to see you guys get so bent out of shape about something as trivial as Herm... It makes me laugh and provides good entertainment.

You truly are a moron.

Let me explain this to you one more time:

NOBODY HERE IS DRINKING THE "HERM KOOL-AID".

However, the GREAT MAJORITY are sick of hearing you whine about it.

The fact that you don't care what people think about your posts tells me everything I need to know:

You're an ATTENTION WHORE and you're only here to annoy people.

So annoy away, GoReerun.

Reerun_KC
02-28-2007, 09:55 AM
You truly are a moron.

Let me explain this to you one more time:

NOBODY HERE IS DRINKING THE "HERM KOOL-AID".

However, the GREAT MAJORITY are sick of hearing you whine about it.

The fact that you don't care what people think about your posts tells me everything I need to know:

You're an ATTENTION WHORE and you're only here to annoy people.

So annoy away, GoReerun.

Truly a Moron? What does that make you for constantly replying to all my moronic posts?

The Great Majority? Well that is strange, the more I read here each day, the more I find that less and less people are liking Herm.. But yet you only single me out, there are plenty of people you can call out. I would have to say you are drinking the Kool-aid, otherwise you would just ignore my posts and move on...

Actually, Htismaqe, I really dont care what YOU think about me. Attention Whore? Who is the one that always has to bash me at every little Herm post? If I was an attention whore, I would have 56K plus posts.

So stop crying about it, It is just a freaking message board. BTW, thanks for the smack talk... Makes the day go faster.

htismaqe
02-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Truly a Moron? What does that make you for constantly replying to all my moronic posts?

The Great Majority? Well that is strange, the more I read here each day, the more I find that less and less people are liking Herm.. But yet you only single me out, there are plenty of people you can call out. I would have to say you are drinking the Kool-aid, otherwise you would just ignore my posts and move on...

Actually, Htismaqe, I really dont care what YOU think about me. Attention Whore? Who is the one that always has to bash me at every little Herm post? If I was an attention whore, I would have 56K plus posts.

So stop crying about it, It is just a freaking message board. BTW, thanks for the smack talk... Makes the day go faster.

I've already pointed out the few people here like Herm, me included. This has nothing to do with Herm, but you can continue to act like it does if that helps you sleep at night.

I like to respond. I love reading every day, multiple times, about how intellectually superior you are because you hate Herm so much more than the Kool-Aid drinkers here.

We get the fact that you're the ultimate Herm hater. Nobody can hate Herm as much as you do. What do you want, a cookie? Or do you fancy yourself a martyr?

And yes, I have 56,000 posts. I know that's hard for you to fathom because you so rarely post anything with value or substance. Try it for a change, you might enjoy it more.