PDA

View Full Version : How much longer do we carry Willie Roaf?

GoHuge
02-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I know that he is showing against the salary cap right now for the Chiefs to the tune of about 5 million. Please tell me it's not because the Chiefs are carrying him hoping he is coming back. It says reserved-retired, which if I understand right means it goes off the cap as soon as they declare him retired. I really hope they don't plan on holding out hope wasting all that money. He made it pretty clear he wasn't coming back, and if he does it means we have another past 35 year old pro bowler coming back on a team that isn't really a contender. Roaf is no longer the missing peice of the puzzle we thought he was when he left, nor is Huard IMO. He is great don't get me wrong, but on the O-line alone we've got to find a Rt guard, Rt tackle, and possibly a center so if we plug the Lt tackle back in it's far from problem solved. After giving Huard 2.5 million a season to be the back up (which I guess is the plan, maybe not??) we need access to all the cap room available. Wasting it on old guys we hope might make a come back after being out for over a year like Roaf and Holmes is getting stupid. That is alot of money just sitting there doing nothing.

Mr. Laz
02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
he's gone or back this year ..... we won't carry him after this training camp.

crazycoffey
02-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't know, but my back hurts.....

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Wait a minute. Willie Roaf is coming back?

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't know of anyone who can carry Willie Roaf.

Crashride
02-27-2007, 03:59 PM
This is like the beginning of the season all over again

jspchief
02-27-2007, 04:02 PM
The longer we carry him the more we get to spread out his signing bonus.

If we let him officially retire last year, it would have hit our cap for the rest of his ammortized signing bonus. Keeping him on the roster allows us to spread that hit out.

I believe we may be doing the same with Holmes.