PDA

View Full Version : I joined 24 hour fitness today!!!

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Got a great deal too. 3 years for $499-then $99 a year after that, no extra fees. I can go any time to any location. Hard to beat $14.00 a month-I spend more than that on Net Flix.

Anyone else work out there??

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 06:12 PM
I didn't know you were a fatass.

FAX
02-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Giant Toads vary in color between brown and red and may have darker and lighter spots/marblings

FAX

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 06:20 PM
I didn't know you were a fatass.

Nope never been a fatazz-but need to get in better shape. The older I get the harder it is to keep off the gut. I ride my new mountain bike 3-4 days a week and also jog and play basketball. I also work out 3 times a week at home. But it is just too hard to stay consistent. It will be easier since my friends already hang out up there.

I was at 240 beginning of the year, dropped 10 pounds last week but then gained back 3 from drinking beer for my B-day weekend. Decided it was time to really start taking care of myself after years of abuse.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 06:21 PM
does anyone have some great workout routines for the gym??

FAX
02-27-2007, 06:21 PM
In Mexico, Mr. Halfcan, Giant Toads grow up to 9 inches long from snout to rear end, and can weigh more than two pounds.

FAX

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 06:26 PM
amazing

Rain Man
02-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Just so you know, they don't really mean that you'll achieve fitness in 24 hours. It's kind of false advertising.

FAX
02-27-2007, 06:30 PM
does anyone have some great workout routines for the gym??

Try lifting a couple of Giant Toads, Mr. Halfcan. A couple hundred reps should do it. Or, you can race them for aerobic benefit.

But, the girls at the gym will be fascinated by your Giant Toads, so keep a close eye on them.

FAX

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Yep, tons of Hotties there, nothing like lines of hot sweaty chicks bending over with their asses in the air.

Ari Chi3fs
02-27-2007, 06:34 PM
With a little luck, you could meet a female who will let you do all their remodeling but will give you no pussy for your efforts.

Good times ahead.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Just so you know, they don't really mean that you'll achieve fitness in 24 hours. It's kind of false advertising.

Oh I know it will be hard work to get to 205 my target weight, but this should keep me out of the bars.

Skip Towne
02-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh I know it will be hard work to get to 205 my target weight, but this should keep me out of the bars.
How tall are you?

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 06:39 PM
With a little luck, you could mean a female who will let you do all their remodeling but will give you no pussy for your efforts.

Good times ahead.

ROFL yeah maybe. My new girl is getting too pushy and it is getting on my nerves. We only see each other on the weekends-so we have to get a weeks worth of loving in one night-she is about to kill me. Wakes my ass up every three hours. But now she is too damm clingy, so I think it is time to upgrade. :hmmm:

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
How tall are you?

5'11

I know they say my target should be something crazy like 150 pounds-but I was 170 in HS. I was 195 after my divorce and it was not healthy-205 is a perfect weight for me.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 07:04 PM
I guess none of you guys go there?? More hotties for me I guess-lol

Fairplay
02-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Joining a gym and actively attending for a long period of time is another thing. And i mean three times a week anyways.

Thats how much i go. Mainly to work off stress.

Sully
02-27-2007, 07:16 PM
I work out at 24-Hour Fitness.
I'm trying to get back into it after a few months off. Great place, they have tons of stuff there, just be sure not to go around 4-6pm... everything is full aorund that time.

88TG88
02-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I go there its a pretty nice establishment. The one i go to is actually owned by Magic Johnson. A few days ago i saw a chick with the most IMMACULATE pair of breasts. She was with this big dude with dreads who was benching like 230.

Fairplay
02-27-2007, 07:28 PM
A few days ago i saw a chick with the most IMMACULATE pair of breasts. She was with this big dude with dreads who was benching like 230.

That was me.

Phobia
02-27-2007, 07:30 PM
She was with this big dude with dreads who was benching like 230.
With one arm, right?

Phobia
02-27-2007, 07:31 PM
just be sure not to go around 4-6pm... everything is full aorund that time.
I'm pretty sure that's when he wants to be there.

88TG88
02-27-2007, 07:31 PM
With one arm, right?
He wasn't big as in buff he was just really tall.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty sure that's when he wants to be there.

I was there about 4:30 and it was packed-seems an older just got off of work crowd. I am going tonight with some friends so hopefully will be a younger hotter crowd-lol

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 07:44 PM
I go there its a pretty nice establishment. The one i go to is actually owned by Magic Johnson. A few days ago i saw a chick with the most IMMACULATE pair of breasts. She was with this big dude with dreads who was benching like 230.

I benched 280 machine in college and 250 free weight-but I have a rotator cuff in my shoulder that acts up-doubt I could hit 220 now.

Fairplay
02-27-2007, 07:46 PM
I was there about 4:30 and it was packed-seems an older just got off of work crowd. I am going tonight with some friends so hopefully will be a younger hotter crowd-lol

Heh, if you're not used to working out you will be so sore that you will take the rest of the week off.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Actually been going for free on others passes for a week. I am not going to try and do it all in one night. I have been riding a lot since it has been nice.

ChiefsFire
02-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Yep, tons of Hotties there, nothing like lines of hot sweaty chicks bending over with their asses in the air.

MMMMMMMM......

I can smell her from here...

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Yikes!!!

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't mind having arms like that though-lol

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 08:13 PM
We need to set her/him up with GoChiefs-I bet she/it could pop his cherry but good.

FAX
02-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Betty Bigshoulders. This person has problems, Mr. ChiefsFire.

Her mother must have shoved a Giant Toad up her ass as a child.

FAX

ChiefsFire
02-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Them there would be whatca might call manhands...

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 08:18 PM
She would screw the Jedi out of GC-lol

Donger
02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Betty Bigshoulders. This person has problems, Mr. ChiefsFire.

Her mother must have shoved a Giant Toad up her ass as a child.

FAX

Do you have a bonafide reason for your recent bufonidae penchant?

Phobia
02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
MMMMMMMM......

I can smell her from here...

Mmmmm - cameltoe.

Demonpenz
02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
you could get a bench and a tredmill for like 600 dollars and be able to keep it forever.

Donger
02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
I'd hit it. With my car.

Demonpenz
02-27-2007, 08:21 PM
i hate out sauna like gyms get too. Give me the open air. I walked out in raytown south today.

Donger
02-27-2007, 08:23 PM
you could get a bench and a tredmill for like 600 dollars and be able to keep it forever.

Yes, but women are more expensive. I'd imagine that might be part of the attraction of a health club.

ChiefsFire
02-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Mmmmm - cameltoe.

That takes some serious tucking to get cameltoe outta that thing...

FAX
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Do you have a bonafide reason for your recent bufonidae penchant?

Yes, I do. Mr. Donger.

Currently, only .05 percent of all Giant Toad tadpoles survive. Given the fact that Giant Toads will eat anything, are poisonous as heck, and Giant Toad girls lay 20,000 eggs at a sitting, should the survival rate of Giant Toad babies increase to 2 or (God forbid) 3 percent, we will be up to our navels in Giant Toads before Christmas.

I'm concerned.

FAX

ChiefsFire
02-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Yes, I do. Mr. Donger.

Currently, only .05 percent of all Giant Toad tadpoles survive. Given the fact that Giant Toads will eat anything, are poisonous as heck, and Giant Toad girls lay 20,000 eggs at a sitting, should the survival rate of Giant Toad babies increase to 2 or (God forbid) 3 percent, we will be up to our navels in Giant Toads before Christmas.

I'm concerned.

FAX

mmmmmmm.......toad legs

Donger
02-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Yes, I do. Mr. Donger.

I'm concerned.

FAX

Yes, I believe that qualifies as bonafide.

Demonpenz
02-27-2007, 08:36 PM
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.
Completely.

When I was young I had no sense of myself. All I was, was a product of all the fear and humiliation I suffered. Fear of my parents. The humiliation of teachers calling me "garbage can" and telling me I'd be mowing lawns for a living. And the very real terror of my fellow students. I was threatened and beaten up for the color of my skin and my size. I was skinny and clumsy, and when others would tease me I didn't run home crying, wondering why. I knew all too well. I was there to be antagonized. In sports I was laughed at. A spaz. I was pretty good at boxing but only because the rage that filled my every waking moment made me wild and unpredictable. I fought with some strange fury. The other boys thought I was crazy.

I hated myself all the time. As stupid at it seems now, I wanted to talk like them, dress like them, carry myself with the ease of knowing that I wasn't going to get pounded in the hallway between classes. Years passed and I learned to keep it all inside. I only talked to a few boys in my grade. Other losers. Some of them are to this day the greatest people I have ever known. Hang out with a guy who has had his head flushed down a toilet a few times, treat him with respect, and you'll find a faithful friend forever. But even with friends, school sucked. Teachers gave me hard time. I didn't think much of them either.

Then came Mr. Pepperman, my advisor. He was a powerfully built Vietnam veteran, and he was scary. No one ever talked out of turn in his class.Once one kid did and Mr. P. lifted him off the ground and pinned him to the blackboard. Mr. P. could see that I was in bad shape, and one Friday in October he asked me if I had ever worked out with weights. I told him no. He told me that I was going to take some of the money that I had saved and buy a hundred-pound set of weights at Sears. As I left his office, I started to think of things I would say to him on Monday when he asked about the weights that I was not going to buy. Still, it made me feel special. My father never really got that close to caring. On Saturday I bought the weights, but I couldn't even drag them to my mom's car. An attendant laughed at me as he put them on a dolly.

Monday came and I was called into Mr. P.'s office after school. He said that he was going to show me how to work out. He was going to put me on a program and start hitting me in the solar plexus in the hallway when I wasn't looking. When I could take the punch we would
know that we were getting somewhere. At no time was I to look at myself in the mirror or tell anyone at school what I was doing.
In the gym he showed me ten basic exercises. I paid more attention than I ever did in any of my classes. I didn't want to blow it. I went home that night and started right in.

Weeks passed, and every once in a while Mr. P. would give me a shot and drop me in the hallway, sending my books flying. The other students didn't know what to think. More weeks passed, and I was steadily adding new weights to the bar. I could sense the power inside my body growing. I could feel it.

Right before Christmas break I was walking to class, and from out of nowhere Mr. Pepperman appeared and gave me a shot in the chest. I laughed and kept going. He said I could look at myself now. I got home and ran to the bathroom and pulled off my shirt. I saw a body, not just the shell that housed my stomach and my heart. My biceps bulged. My chest had definition. I felt strong. It was the first time I can remember having a sense of myself. I had done something and no one could ever take it away. You couldn't say shit to me.

It took me years to fully appreciate the value of the lessons I have
learned from the Iron. I used to think that it was my adversary, that I was trying to lift that which does not want to be lifted. I was
wrong.
When the Iron doesn't want to come off the mat, it's the kindest thing it can do for you. If it flew up and went through the ceiling, it wouldn't teach you anything. That's the way the Iron talks to you. It tells you that the material you work with is that which you will come to resemble. That which you work against will always work against you.

It wasn't until my late twenties that I learned that by working out I had given myself a great gift. I learned that nothing good comes without work and a certain amount of pain. When I finish a set that leaves me shaking, I know more about myself. When something gets bad, I know it can't be as bad as that workout.

I used to fight the pain, but recently this became clear to me: pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. But when dealing with the Iron, one must be careful to interpret the pain correctly. Most injuries involving the Iron come from ego. I once spent a few weeks lifting weight that my body wasn't ready for and spent a few months not picking up anything heavier than a fork. Try to lift what you're not prepared to and the Iron will teach you a little lesson in restraint and self-control.

I have never met a truly strong person who didn't have self-respect. I think a lot of inwardly and outwardly directed contempt passes itself off as self-respect: the idea of raising yourself by stepping on someone's shoulders instead of doing it yourself. When I see guys working out for cosmetic reasons, I see vanity exposing them in the worst way, as cartoon characters, billboards for imbalance and insecurity. Strength reveals itself through character. It is the difference between bouncers who get off strong-arming people and Mr.Pepperman.

Muscle mass does not always equal strength. Strength is kindness and sensitivity. Strength is understanding that your power is both physical and emotional. That it comes from the body and the mind. And the heart.

Yukio Mishima said that he could not entertain the idea of romance if he was not strong. Romance is such a strong and overwhelming passion, a weakened body cannot sustain it for long. I have some of my most romantic thoughts when I am with the Iron. Once I was in love with a woman. I thought about her the most when the pain from a workout was racing through my body.

Everything in me wanted her. So much so that sex was only a fraction of my total desire. It was the single most intense love I have ever felt, but she lived far away and I didn't see her very often. Working out was a healthy way of dealing with the loneliness. To this day, when I work out I usually listen to ballads.

I prefer to work out alone. It enables me to concentrate on the lessons that the Iron has for me. Learning about what you're made of is always time well spent, and I have found no better teacher. The Iron had taught me how to live. Life is capable of driving you out of your mind. The way it all comes down these days, it's some kind of miracle if you're not insane. People have become separated from their bodies. They are no longer whole.

I see them move from their offices to their cars and on to their suburban homes. They stress out constantly, they lose sleep, they eat badly. And they behave badly. Their egos run wild; they become motivated by that which will eventually give them a massive stroke. They need the Iron Mind.

Through the years, I have combined meditation, action, and the Iron into a single strength. I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.

The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

FAX
02-27-2007, 08:38 PM
A beautiful sentiment, Mr. Demonpenz.

Homeric.

FAX

|Zach|
02-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Best of luck to you half.

BWillie
02-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Yes, but women are more expensive. I'd imagine that might be part of the attraction of a health club.

I've never understood this fact. I don't even want to see chicks, or any people at the gym when I go. They just get in the way. I'm usually all grody anyway. I put on my paint stained shirt, and shitty green wrinkled shorts. That is why I like 24 hour fitness though because you can go later when it isn't packed. I usually go about 11 PM three nights a week. Can't beat that. I don't know how you are swinging the 14 bucks a month thing, but that is something else. I think I pay 25 for Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday-Sunday. Since I work out so late, I can hit everday. If I want to work out on a monday, I just go at 12:01 AM. Same day really.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 11:43 PM
$499/ 36 months= $13.86 a month.

Halfcan
02-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Best of luck to you half.

Thanks man!

Just got back, damm I am tired. Mostly did cardio. I doubled my runs from last time. I think I am going to get to 190 which is ultra skinny for me, then hit the weights and put about 15 back on in muscle.

Going to have to give up smoking for good. Just about coughed up a lung-lol But everything must change eventually-I owe to myself and my kids to stay around as long as I can.

I have an uphill climb-this shit won't be easy. Its not like I am 21 and can get back in shape in a month, just in time for summer like I used too. Sucks getting old. :)

Silock
02-27-2007, 11:49 PM
How did you swing that deal? They didn't offer me anything remotely close to that last month.

Got a membership at Bally's instead.

SPchief
02-27-2007, 11:52 PM
How did you swing that deal? They didn't offer me anything remotely close to that last month.

He told them that he is a huge Rush fan, and they felt sorry for him.

88TG88
02-27-2007, 11:53 PM
He told them that he is a huge Rush fan, and they felt sorry for him.
ROFL

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 01:24 AM
A beautiful sentiment, Mr. Demonpenz.

Homeric.

FAX

Yeah I can definately identify with that-I used to beat up a lot of kids-lol

But I was only a bully to other bullies. I know how tough it is getting picked on. I got the shit beat out of me everyday from kindergarten til maybe 6th grade. After I damm near killed a few punks-people kinda of stayed clear. Every fight became life or death- I got stabbed with a screw driver in the leg once. Got hit in the side with a bat. Eventually people learned, you will have to kill me if you go there. Then I owned the neighborhood-and little kids didn't have to get abused everyday-if someone beat them up-I would go kick in the bullies door, drag the punk out in the yard and make him eat dirt, then make him apologize to the smaller kid. Punk justice I guess??

As I got older and bigger and drank more, grain, whisky, beer, vodka in the morning-the fights became more frequent. Got my head split open in a bar in Warrensburgh when me and and friend took on a whole fraternity- they threw us out in the street on our asses, after we bashed about 15 guys-but that wouldnt stand. I went home-stitched my head up with a sewing kit-drunk Rambo style-lol Still have the scar above my left eye. I got the bar off of my barbell, Scott got a bat and we went back in there. Unfortunately, there were about 25 more of them. We stormed in there bashing heads and fugging guys up til they managed to get us out in the street-the fight went on for 10 more minutes til they quit and called for the police to help them. I couldnt make a fist for a week. The paper said it was a gang fight-but it was just two of us. I guess I should have felt bad putting so many dudes in critical condition-but they were trying to kill us and leave us for dead. I don't know why we went back-it was nearly fatal for us and them. Stoopid drunk pride I guess.

My last fight, I got drunk in a bar and some drunk ass grabbed my friends (a female friend) ass and when she spurned him slapped her down. The last thing he remembered was a pool stick across his face. After taking on the whole bar and wining, I guess it is wining when you dish out more than you take and nobody else steps up? The cops had the final say-and they always win. I had a 2 month old daughter and here I was drunk, beat up and in jail again for fighting in a public place and several other charges including assault. If you have seen Rageing Bull-that was me-bloody hands-hitting the wall-rageing at the world-daring the cops to come in and fight me. Life meant nothing until the next day I held her with my swollen hands. She looked up at my fugged up face and started crying-I was ugly and mean and scary looking. No punch or bat ever hurt like that. I NEVER drank hard booze again and never fought. Life finally meant something-it wasnt about me anymore. The past couldnt hurt me when I was holding my future. I have come close to getting in some scraps-always defending a friend-but that blank crazy stare and those demons I still have- have been enough to end it without blood shed. Thank God!!

I was a stoopid kid, that is very lucky to be here. But I have used more than my nine lives- and God only gives you so many chances.

Don't know why I shared that-I guess Demons story-or whoevers that is-touched a nerve and opened a door that has been closed awhile-Thankfully!

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 01:34 AM

I am a salesmen-and if they wanted my business they would take my deal. I had a friend that used to work there-so I knew they would wave all the BS fees and other crap, if you gave some money up front and haggled with them. I put $125 down- and made them take the rest in two payments with no interest. Couldn't get the sales tax lifted-so that sucked. After the 3 years it is on $99 a month for life-which works out to $8.25 a month. I can go to any location and go whenever I want.

My friends got stuck with a $79 activation fee- $60 initiation fee-which sounds like the same bs to me-and pay $22 a month. They can only work out 4 days a week after 6:00 pm. It is month to month forever. Crappy deal-and there was no way I was taking that. Other plans were $45 a month plus the fees to get what I wanted.
Or $55 for 5 weeks-$11 a week-what a ripoff-that was the special they were pushing.

Guru
02-28-2007, 01:38 AM
I am a salesmen-and if they wanted my business they would take my deal. I had a friend that used to work there-so I knew they would wave all the BS fees and other crap, if you gave some money up front and haggled with them. I put $125 down- and made them take the rest in two payments with no interest. Couldn't get the sales tax lifted-so that sucked. After the 3 years it is on $99 a month for life-which works out to $8.25 a month. I can go to any location and go whenever I want.

My friends got stuck with a $79 activation fee- $60 initiation fee-which sounds like the same bs to me-and pay $22 a month. They can only work out 4 days a week after 6:00 pm. It is month to month forever. Crappy deal-and there was no way I was taking that. Other plans were $45 a month plus the fees to get what I wanted.
Or $55 for 5 weeks-$11 a week-what a ripoff-that was the special they were pushing.
Not a great deal if they go out of business on ya.

BWillie
02-28-2007, 01:42 AM

I wonder why you guys with houses even buy gym memberships. You can buy some cheap weights nowadays. All you need is a squat rack, barbell, the weights, a treatmill, and a bench. That's it. You can even get adjustable dumbells nowadays, I hear all the way up to 125 lbs/dumbell. When I get a house, I won't have a need to go to a gym ever again. I can work out, surf chiefsplanet, watch TV, do whatever. And I'd be alot more motivated because it would be right there. I could work out 4-5 days a week if I wanted to at shorter duration and high intensity.

Guru
02-28-2007, 01:43 AM
I wonder why you guys with houses even buy gym memberships. You can buy some cheap weights nowadays. All you need is a squat rack, barbell, the weights, a treatmill, and a bench. That's it. You can even get adjustable dumbells nowadays, I hear all the way up to 125 lbs/dumbell. When I get a house, I won't have a need to go to a gym ever again. I can work out, surf chiefsplanet, watch TV, do whatever. And I'd be alot more motivated because it would be right there. I could work out 4-5 days a week if I wanted to at shorter duration and high intensity.
Been there done that. I do better with a membership.

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 01:50 AM

I have some equipment-if you call two 25 pound barbells equipment-lol

Their stuff is high dollar-plus I work out with a group of friends-all with the same goal in mind. I love to play basketball and swim too. It was just a choice I needed to make-not that I am in terrible shape-but I have drank since I was 12 and smoked pot since I was 18. I have spent years abusing my body with drugs and booze. Turning 40 and seeing my friends that still tear it up-having declining health-it really shook me. Life is short. I never thought I would make it this far-and now that I have-want to stick around.

My luck I will make that last payment and get hit by a bus on the way to the gym-but at least I tried huh?

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Not a great deal if they go out of business on ya.

Or I have a heart attack on that fuggin stairmaster.

Guru
02-28-2007, 01:53 AM
Or I have a heart attack on that fuggin stairmaster.
Go with the elliptical.

BWillie
02-28-2007, 01:55 AM
I have some equipment-if you call two 25 pound barbells equipment-lol

Their stuff is high dollar-plus I work out with a group of friends-all with the same goal in mind. I love to play basketball and swim too. It was just a choice I needed to make-not that I am in terrible shape-but I have drank since I was 12 and smoked pot since I was 18. I have spent years abusing my body with drugs and booze. Turning 40 and seeing my friends that still tear it up-having declining health-it really shook me. Life is short. I never thought I would make it this far-and now that I have-want to stick around.

My luck I will make that last payment and get hit by a bus on the way to the gym-but at least I tried huh?

I think I am the only person on the face of the planet that loses weight when they go party and drink. When I drink, I don't have time, nor care about if I'm hungry. The Keystone Ice does it's job, and fills me up. Must be in my genes. My uncle lost 120 pounds drinking only beer and green beans.

Phobia
02-28-2007, 02:04 AM
My uncle lost 120 pounds drinking only beer and green beans.
That's impressive. He could be Miller Lite's version of Jarred.

Phobia
02-28-2007, 02:06 AM
FWIW, Balleys keeps sending me annual renewal cards for like $79. They know I'll pay the money and never show up. I dropped $600 there one year for a family membership with childcare. I went twice. My ex-wife had some boyfriends there. Boy did she start to look good for a while. Heh. What a difference a decade makes.

el borracho
02-28-2007, 02:06 AM
Uh, you are forgetting the smith machine, the incline bench, a full set of dumbbells, a cable crossover machine, a pullup bar, a dip bar, the pulldown machine, a machine or two for seated rows, a leg press machine, a leg curl machine (or two), a leg extension machine, a hack squat machine, a machine for your calves, a preacher bench, a triceps pushdown machine, all the assorted bars, belts and grips and a room full of spotters and inspiration. I get way more out of a gym membership than the few things you listed and I don't have to dedicate 800 sq. ft. of my home to equipment.

BWillie
02-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Uh, you are forgetting the smith machine, the incline bench, a full set of dumbbells, a cable crossover machine, a pullup bar, a dip bar, the pulldown machine, a machine or two for seated rows, a leg press machine, a leg curl machine (or two), a leg extension machine, a hack squat machine, a machine for your calves, a preacher bench, a triceps pushdown machine, all the assorted bars, belts and grips and a room full of spotters and inspiration. I get way more out of a gym membership than the few things you listed and I don't have to dedicate 800 sq. ft. of my home to equipment.

Why would you need a smith machine, a cable crossover machine, or any machine period? How hard is it to get a bar to do pull ups? Machines aren't worthless, but they do not compare to free weights, and never will. Spotters aren't necessary if you have a squat rack either. You can do squats, deadlifts, bench press, shoulder press, and many other exercises and use a lockout bar if you can't get it up. Most of the time a spotters will ruin my lift and give me way to much assistance than I need. How many times have you seen douchebags doing way more weight with a spotter pulling the bar up than they actually could? Why not just do less weight, and use proper form w/out a spotter.

Research has shown that free weights promote quicker strength gains and they require more balance and coordination than machines do. Free weights use more muscle groups than the resistance machines. Machines also isolate muscle more neglecting stabilizer muscle. Isolating isn't good for adding muscle mass.

Free weights are more versatile too because they allow for more variations in range of motion. Free weights require balance, promote more activity of the joint stabilizer muscles. You can perform a complete strength training routine with a few dumbbells if you wanted to, without barbells even. Truthfully, you could probably just do squats, deads, bench presses, shoulder presses, rows, pull-ups, and a only a few sets of isolation exercises such as curls, abs, and tricep pushdowns and be fine. All compound movements hitting more muscle groups at one time, and getting more bang for your time.

Machines are good for those rehabilitating from injury, or those who are too lazy to put the weights on the barbells or put the dumbells back in their place. Machines can speed your workout too and you don't need as much imagination. I guess it's all what you prefer. IMO, I see almost no point in working out with very many machines if you are trying to increase your Lean Muscle Mass.

macdawg
02-28-2007, 02:34 AM
damn you got a good deal.

i paid $799 for a 3 year deal and thereafter its $30 a year.

I workout at the one off of north oak, I've seen a few amazingly attractive girls there but I usually go when its dead (anytime other than 4-8 p.m.)

I'm thinking about taking a field trip to the one off shawnee mission pkwy about 6-7 p.m. someday to see how many hotties go to that location.

Phobia
02-28-2007, 02:38 AM
How is 5'11, 240 not fat? Are you freaking kidding me?

I'm 6' 225 and I'm fat. He's fat. I don't know who he's kidding.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2007, 02:40 AM

Damn, you guys are quick! Sorry, Halfcan. And that's the ONLY apology you'll ever get from me :)

Good luck, Slim.

el borracho
02-28-2007, 02:41 AM
Why would you need a smith machine, a cable crossover machine, or any machine period?
Dude, I love free weights and recognize that they have several advantages over machines in many instances. However, there are numerous machines that give advantages over free weights in many instances, as well.

Several machines allow one to do excercises that cannot be done with free weights (leg extentions, for example). Sometimes machines make movements more controlled and/ or more comfortable (leg presses, for example). Sometimes machines allow one to better isolate specific muscles (triceps pushdowns, for example) and sometimes machines do a better job of keeping tension on the muscle (any fly, lateral or curling motion). Machines can also be safer since they usually include a method of supporting the weight when one becomes fatigued.

DaneMcCloud
02-28-2007, 02:44 AM

Yeah, it sucks getting old. I'm 41 and my waist has gone from a 32 to a 34. I'm 6'1, 205, workout 5 times a week, lift, bike and run. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Unless I want to eat 1,000 calories a day (and I don't), I don't know if I'll ever work it off and have 32 waist again. It blows.

BWillie
02-28-2007, 03:12 AM
Yeah, it sucks getting old. I'm 41 and my waist has gone from a 32 to a 34. I'm 6'1, 205, workout 5 times a week, lift, bike and run. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Unless I want to eat 1,000 calories a day (and I don't), I don't know if I'll ever work it off and have 32 waist again. It blows.

Beer and green beans my friend. Beer and green beans, that's it.

http://www.murphguide.com/images/pitcher-of-beer.gif

+

http://www.survivalunlimited.com/survivalfoods/mountainhousefoods/images/GreenBeans-lg.jpg
=
http://www.kulturistika.com/gallery/1142353481_arnold.jpg

:)

SPchief
02-28-2007, 03:15 AM
Or do the Paris diet. Beer and Blow.

greg63
02-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Got a great deal too. 3 years for $499-then $99 a year after that, no extra fees. I can go any time to any location. Hard to beat $14.00 a month-I spend more than that on Net Flix.

I was working out, but then I got this monster cold I can't seem to shake hangin on for dear life. I joined the Hospitals fitness center for $15.00 dollars a month, which they just automatically deduct from my check, and if I was to utilize it everyday they would, after a while, not charge me at all.

Redrum_69
02-28-2007, 08:59 AM

LOL WHAT A DEAL!!

I work out in a gym in the town I live and only have to pay $24.75...for a couple. Its $20 bucks for a single.

I used to work out at Lawrence Athletic CLub and this new gym I'm in doesnt have a pool...but it has everything else.

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Beer and green beans my friend. Beer and green beans, that's it.

http://www.murphguide.com/images/pitcher-of-beer.gif

+

http://www.survivalunlimited.com/survivalfoods/mountainhousefoods/images/GreenBeans-lg.jpg
=
http://www.kulturistika.com/gallery/1142353481_arnold.jpg

:)

Beer is what got me in this shape to start with. :)

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 01:59 PM

Sounds like it is time to let out the Peter Pan costume a bit-lol

But I hear ya- I used to spend 3 weeks before summer working out and be in great shape-now it seems it hardly puts a dent on my gut.

L.A. Chieffan
02-28-2007, 02:00 PM

Yeah, I have a membership to 24 hour too but I pay $9.99 a month. :)
Only catch is my wife and I have to go together. :banghead:

Rooster
02-28-2007, 02:01 PM
I have been doing the beer work out too. Woring out with 12 OZ curls all winter and plan to move to the tall boys this spring, 16 OZ.

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 02:01 PM
I was working out, but then I got this monster cold I can't seem to shake hangin on for dear life. I joined the Hospitals fitness center for $15.00 dollars a month, which they just automatically deduct from my check, and if I was to utilize it everyday they would, after a while, not charge me at all.

Dang that is cheap-good luck and keep us posted on your success.

Maybe we could have a Planet Biggest Weight Loser game? I am shooting for 50 pounds.

Rooster
02-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Only catch is my wife and I have to go together. :banghead:

I hear ya. I hate that. She is always wanting to work out together and that is my time to 1) not talk 2) lift free weights & 3) sneak a peek at some women in tight work out clothes.

BIG_DADDY
02-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I pay $29 a year for all clubs. LMAO

I rarely use it though, I go to a different club.

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 02:09 PM

I have never been considered fat- so when my doctor told me I was in the obesse category and a prime canidate for a heart attack-I took it pretty hard. I have always worked out with free wieghts and ran a couple of times a week, but it is just not enough. One weekend bender and I put on 5 pounds easy-and over my Bday party weekend, ballooned to 240 the heaviest I have ever been.

My diet sucked-usually skipped breakfast, fast food for lunch, then a very late dinner-wings or nachos. So he put me on a nutrition plan which seems to give me a bit more energy.

Hopefully this will help bring down my blood pressure also-I am hoping.

Redrum_69
02-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Antifreeze fixes everything...

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Antifreeze fixes everything...

ROFL yeah I would lose the fat fast.

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 02:36 PM
I hear ya. I hate that. She is always wanting to work out together and that is my time to 1) not talk 2) lift free weights & 3) sneak a peek at some women in tight work out clothes.

Yep there are some real cuties there-but also some others that will blind you if you look too long.

el borracho
02-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Redrum 69's mother is like antifreeze- strangely appealing to many animals yet toxic even in the smallest doses. People think she can solve their problems but, more likely, the situation will only become worse and you will feel guilty for ever using her.

Dave Lane
02-28-2007, 04:15 PM

230 is for light weights. I do 225-250 most days...

Dave

BIG_DADDY
02-28-2007, 04:18 PM

Dave

We're not talking about the size of your boy friends dude.

Silock
02-28-2007, 05:27 PM

It's your diet, dude. You don't have to eat like a rabbit or eat 1,000 calories. You just need to eat the right kind of calories. More protein, less sugar and fat. Don't eat carbs at night.

Either that, or you're just not pushing yourself at the gym.

Fairplay
02-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I have never been considered fat- so when my doctor told me I was in the obesse category and a prime canidate for a heart attack -I took it pretty hard.

Interpreted the doctor was saying, hey lard ass, get your heart attack waiting to happen body to the gym and start eating right or you will wind up in the morgue, now get out you're an embarrassment to my office, got that?

Nzoner
02-28-2007, 07:30 PM
This thread has inspired me,I just got back from our gym downstairs,4 miles in 58 minutes on the treadmill,a few free weights and a few crunchies.

Now I'm having a bottle of water and a cigarette.

Hey it's a start.

DomerNKC
02-28-2007, 10:02 PM
I have never been considered fat- so when my doctor told me I was in the obesse category and a prime canidate for a heart attack-I took it pretty hard. I have always worked out with free wieghts and ran a couple of times a week, but it is just not enough. One weekend bender and I put on 5 pounds easy-and over my Bday party weekend, ballooned to 240 the heaviest I have ever been.

My diet sucked-usually skipped breakfast, fast food for lunch, then a very late dinner-wings or nachos. So he put me on a nutrition plan which seems to give me a bit more energy.

Hopefully this will help bring down my blood pressure also-I am hoping.according to their charts, i am over 100 lbs obese. i'll be just fine. Those charts are not for everyone.

BWillie
02-28-2007, 11:14 PM

Dave

And just think, in the NFL combine there are guys that do over 50 reps of 225. If you don't do over 15 at 225 no matter what position you are mocked and considered a pussy...even if ur a kicker. Amazing. I've been in the combine mood lately. Been doing a bunch of sets with 225 to see how much I can do. I got an even 11 up the other day, on the rep chart that says I should bench over 300, but unfortunately that is not quite the case. Don't think I'll ever get there

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Interpreted the doctor was saying, hey lard ass, get your heart attack waiting to happen body to the gym and start eating right or you will wind up in the morgue, now get out you're an embarrassment to my office, got that?

Well I suppose, but heart trouble runs in my family.

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 11:18 PM
This thread has inspired me,I just got back from our gym downstairs,4 miles in 58 minutes on the treadmill,a few free weights and a few crunchies.

Now I'm having a bottle of water and a cigarette.

Hey it's a start.

Rock on dude-I didn't get to go tonight. Didn't want to drive in this hail storm, plus leave my kids at home. So I will have to do a few things at home

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 11:20 PM
And just think, in the NFL combine there are guys that do over 50 reps of 225. If you don't do over 15 at 225 no matter what position you are mocked and considered a pussy...even if ur a kicker. Amazing. I've been in the combine mood lately. Been doing a bunch of sets with 225 to see how much I can do. I got an even 11 up the other day, on the rep chart that says I should bench over 300, but unfortunately that is not quite the case. Don't think I'll ever get there

300 is a tough number just like in bowling-takes a lot of dedication. Never got there.

DomerNKC
02-28-2007, 11:30 PM
300 is a tough number just like in bowling-takes a lot of dedication. Never got there.try 400.

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 11:41 PM
according to their charts, i am over 100 lbs obese. i'll be just fine. Those charts are not for everyone.

Yep I have always been stocky. I think my target weight on there is like 160-I weighed that in 9th grade.

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 11:42 PM
try 400.

Holy shit that is impressive. I would pull my shoulders out of their sockets with that much weight.

Halfcan
02-28-2007, 11:59 PM
I have been doing the beer work out too. Woring out with 12 OZ curls all winter and plan to move to the tall boys this spring, 16 OZ.

I have pretty much cut out the beer-well except last weekend. :)

DomerNKC
03-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Holy shit that is impressive. I would pull my shoulders out of their sockets with that much weight.unfortunately i am 5'10" and 305#. Stocky doesn't even describe it.

Jenson71
03-01-2007, 01:27 AM
http://www.bumperart.com/ProductImages/2004011520_Display-25.gif

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2007, 02:14 AM
It's your diet, dude. You don't have to eat like a rabbit or eat 1,000 calories. You just need to eat the right kind of calories. More protein, less sugar and fat. Don't eat carbs at night.

Either that, or you're just not pushing yourself at the gym.

Well, considering that I had an EKG this year and my blood pressure and heart are perfect, that's not a problem. I ride the exercise bike at a minimum of 120 rpm for 30 minutes - I usually do 11 miles in that time. I'll do another 15 minutes on the treadmill, 400 situps, and free weights (arms) every other day. I'm definitely completely covered in sweat from head to toe and bust my a*s.

As far as diet, I eat a protein bar and a yogurt for breakfast, a salad or soup for lunch and at least four times a week, a chicken salad for dinner. On weekends, my wife and I "indulge" in sushi and other healthy fare.

I've never been accused of being fat or overweight and on my recent "high dollar" life insurance policy, I passed every category with flying colors (except BMI). The problem is age and body type. I basically have to wear custom clothing - I have broad shoulders and a thinner waist. I'm also very leggy-36" length jeans are my norm.

My metabolism has slowed down, plain and simple. With reasonable exercise (5 days week) and a reasonable diet (no fast food or chips, unhealthy snacks, etc.), my waist has grown. Now 32" to 34" inches isn't that bad for most, but it's troubling for me. But again, it's a sign of age.

The worst sign of age though to this point is the possible use of reading glasses. Every time my wife and I go to these "hip, trendy" restaurants, in LA and NY, they have menus by candlelight with I swear, 6 point fonts. That's more annoying than 2" around the waist!

Thanks for the input though!

Jenson71
03-01-2007, 02:18 AM
As far as diet, I eat a protein bar and a yogurt for breakfast, a salad or soup for lunch and at least four times a week, a chicken salad for dinner. On weekends, my wife and I "indulge" in sushi and other healthy fare.

It's really time to cut down, Dane. I'm worried about you. Perhaps the Gandhi Diet is something you need to look into.

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2007, 02:28 AM
It's really time to cut down, Dane. I'm worried about you. Perhaps the Gandhi Diet is something you need to look into.

Dude, I know. It sounds ridiculous. But the only alternative for me is to get fat. And that's NOT happening.

They always say that with age comes wisdom. What they forget to tell you is that wisdom is fattening.

acesn8s
03-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Dude, I know. It sounds ridiculous. But the only alternative for me is to get fat. And that's NOT happening.

They always say that with age comes wisdom. What they forget to tell you is that wisdom is fattening.So THATS my problem!!!

Silock
03-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Well, considering that I had an EKG this year and my blood pressure and heart are perfect, that's not a problem. I ride the exercise bike at a minimum of 120 rpm for 30 minutes - I usually do 11 miles in that time. I'll do another 15 minutes on the treadmill, 400 situps, and free weights (arms) every other day. I'm definitely completely covered in sweat from head to toe and bust my a*s.

120 rpm at what kind of resistance? I can bust out over an hour at 140 rpm with little resistance. Just because you're covered in sweat doesn't mean you're working your body hard. It just means you're hot. However, don't take that as an insult, because I don't know you or how you work out. I'm just listing it as a possible cause of why you're not losing weight. It's all about intensity as far as calorie burning is concerned.

BTW, why all the situps? 400 at one time is pretty excessive. You can't target fat loss, so doing situps without burning the fat could make your gut bigger because you're building up the muscle underneath.

What's the rest of your diet like? Snacks? Maybe you're not eating ENOUGH. But, like I said before, when you eat certain things also plays a big part in your diet. For example, your body handles carbs much better after you just wake up than it does at night.

My metabolism has slowed down, plain and simple. With reasonable exercise (5 days week) and a reasonable diet (no fast food or chips, unhealthy snacks, etc.), my waist has grown. Now 32" to 34" inches isn't that bad for most, but it's troubling for me. But again, it's a sign of age.

It's a pretty simple formula, though, and I'm sure you're well aware of it: Burn more calories than you take in, and you'll lose weight. If you're doing all of that and it's still not happening for you, you might need to see a doctor because you have a genuine medical problem. Unlikely, but that could be it.

It's just a basic fact of exercise that, unless something is medically wrong with you, if you burn more calories than you take in, you're going to lose weight. Have you considered a personal trainer and a nutritionist? The combination of those two things should be able to get your metabolism fired up again.

Again, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, so if you are familiar with what I've said, then no harm done. Just trying to be helpful. But, if you're eating right and working hard and not seeing any gains, it's probably time to seek professional help.

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.bumperart.com/ProductImages/2004011520_Display-25.gif

That's a hell of an attitude. Just lost a friend at 38 who would probably be alive if he hadn't gained so much weight. Tell that to his wife and 6 year old daughter.

Halfcan
03-01-2007, 04:43 PM
That's a hell of an attitude. Just lost a friend at 38 who would probably be alive if he hadn't gained so much weight. Tell that to his wife and 6 year old daughter.

Yep just lost one of my best friends-he was 46. We had talked for months about joining the gym, but it never worked out. Lets just say I learned a hard lesson by that.

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Yep just lost one of my best friends-he was 46. We had talked for months about joining the gym, but it never worked out. Lets just say I learned a hard lesson by that.

It's the slackers mentality. I got a guy in Jiu-Jitsu pushing 70. Tough ol goat. Probably make it to a 100. Training his whole life has paid off big time. While many at his age are dead or disabled a mere shell of their former self he can still take down the mass majority of 20 year olds. He's like an old Anaconda. I hope I can do the same. The only thing holding me back is I drank way too much for way too long in my lifetime. Having a kid on the way is really sobering me out.

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Again, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, so if you are familiar with what I've said, then no harm done. Just trying to be helpful. But, if you're eating right and working hard and not seeing any gains, it's probably time to seek professional help.

Thanks for your input and concern. I am pushing myself very hard at the gym, doing 5 mile walks through the hills, etc. It's not that I'm gaining weight it's that I'm not losing weight. I'm sure that if I had more time than one hour a day to commit to training, I'd lose the pounds that caused my waist to go from 32" to 34". It's just that since I've turned 40, I need to excercise quite a bit more to be the same size as pre-40.

Getting old sucks. I just had Lasik eye surgery yesterday and my vision is now 20/20! Great, right? Well, the doctor told me that in the next few years, I'll need reading glasses, because that's what happens to people over 40.

Things just aren't the same as when I was in my 20's and 30's.

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks for your input and concern. I am pushing myself very hard at the gym, doing 5 mile walks through the hills, etc. It's not that I'm gaining weight it's that I'm not losing weight. I'm sure that if I had more time than one hour a day to commit to training, I'd lose the pounds that caused my waist to go from 32" to 34". It's just that since I've turned 40, I need to excercise quite a bit more to be the same size as pre-40.

Getting old sucks. I just had Lasik eye surgery yesterday and my vision is now 20/20! Great, right? Well, the doctor told me that in the next few years, I'll need reading glasses, because that's what happens to people over 40.

Things just aren't the same as when I was in my 20's and 30's.

You're singing to the choir dude. I may give up on trying to hit 203. I am 220 at 20% body fat now. I would have to hit 12% body fat to pull that off in the next 4 weeks. Pretty tough.

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2007, 06:16 PM
You're singing to the choir dude. I may give up on trying to hit 203. I am 220 at 20% body fat now. I would have to hit 12% body fat to pull that off in the next 4 weeks. Pretty tough.

Good luck, man. I know how tough it is to lose weight once you're over 40. 20's? Forget it. I could gain 10 pounds and lose it two weeks with simple cardio. 30? I would eat two double cheeseburgers and a bag of Lays plus 6 beers a night and my waist would never get above a 31" in jean size, without ever hitting a gym.

35? Well, I had to start working out 5 times a week, doing at least 45 minutes hour of cardio each session just to keep my waist at 32". And that with eating Atkins bars, rice cakes, soup and salad five days a week (then on the weekend, my wife and I would go out to restaurants, but mostly healthy eating-chicken, fish, salads, etc.)

Now at over 40, I have to not only watch my caloric intake, excerise more but also cut down on the amount of beers that I have a week.

Like I said earlier, getting older blows.

BIG_DADDY
03-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Good luck, man. I know how tough it is to lose weight once you're over 40. 20's? Forget it. I could gain 10 pounds and lose it two weeks with simple cardio. 30? I would eat two double cheeseburgers and a bag of Lays plus 6 beers a night and my waist would never get above a 31" in jean size, without ever hitting a gym.

35? Well, I had to start working out 5 times a week, doing at least 45 minutes hour of cardio each session just to keep my waist at 32". And that with eating Atkins bars, rice cakes, soup and salad five days a week (then on the weekend, my wife and I would go out to restaurants, but mostly healthy eating-chicken, fish, salads, etc.)

Now at over 40, I have to not only watch my caloric intake, excerise more but also cut down on the amount of beers that I have a week.

Like I said earlier, getting older blows.

When I was 160 back in high school my waist was 32". I have to get down under 215 to pull that off right now although I have pulled it off when I was lifting all the time instead of doing Jiu-Jitsu before at 220. 32" is perfect for me although 34" isn't bad. I'm a slim 34" now. I was 230 a month ago and quit drinking. If I can't hit 212 by the end of next weekend I am going to enter tournament at 218 like I did last time. YOur beer thing is killing you dude. When I do drink it's vodka or some wine. Now that I'm gonna be a poppa my intent is to cut WAY back. I have already drank enough booze for 3 lifetimes so I better chill. I rarely drink beer though, I train too hard to do that to myself.

Calcountry
03-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Remember this axiom too. While at the gym, never take advice from someone who is fatter than you. There are all kinds of experts there, so listen to the ones who obviously exhibit success.

BIG_DADDY
03-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Remember this axiom too. While at the gym, never take advice from someone who is fatter than you. There are all kinds of experts there, so listen to the ones who obviously exhibit success.

Hell that's great advice right here at the planet. I have never seen so many experts in my entire life on health and fitness yet everytime I see pictures of BB members it looks like we could start our own KC version of the biggest loser.

DaneMcCloud
03-02-2007, 01:00 PM
YOur beer thing is killing you dude. When I do drink it's vodka or some wine. Now that I'm gonna be a poppa my intent is to cut WAY back. I have already drank enough booze for 3 lifetimes so I better chill. I rarely drink beer though, I train too hard to do that to myself.

I know. I'll probably have to go back to my "no drinking during the week" rule. For years, I avoided any alcohol from Sunday-Friday, then allowed myself to drink Friday and Saturday. I don't really like any alcohol other than beer (and a shot of Whiskey) and there's nothing like cracking open a beer around 11pm, just before bedtime. But you're right - if I truly want to burn off the two extra inches, I have to cut it out.

Good luck with your training!

BIG_DADDY
03-02-2007, 01:03 PM
I know. I'll probably have to go back to my "no drinking during the week" rule. For years, I avoided any alcohol from Sunday-Friday, then allowed myself to drink Friday and Saturday. I don't really like any alcohol other than beer (and a shot of Whiskey) and there's nothing like cracking open a beer around 11pm, just before bedtime. But you're right - if I truly want to burn off the two extra inches, I have to cut it out.

Good luck with your training!

Yea I'll have to take a pic if I make it to to 203, probably be the last time I make it till I'm a shriveled up, crusty ol Al Davis