PDA

View Full Version : Mach 3

Mr. Laz
02-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Gillette Mach 3 Power ......

http://piechdibi.net/blog/media/mach3_power.jpg

nice, best disposable razor I've tried so far ... the side-to-side battery power movement does just enough to prevent the occasional snag on a barbed wire beard like mine. Good shape to hold and not heavy at all every though it takes a AAA battery.

Also love how flat the the blades can go with help avoid nicks. The back of the blade head is completely open so you can clean out the muck by running some water down on it.

i have a very difficult beard to shave .. usually dulls a disposable razor about half way through. The Mach 3 made it all the way and seem to have a little more left in it.

yay :clap:

2 thumbs up for this product

Brock
02-28-2007, 10:33 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930

Kraut
02-28-2007, 10:38 AM
I will say that the 5 blade crap really does work. Best one I have used.

siberian khatru
02-28-2007, 10:44 AM
I've been using it since it first came out a few years ago and have been very satisfied. Blades are hella expensive, though.

recxjake
02-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I've been using it since it first came out a few years ago and have been very satisfied. Blades are hella expensive, though.

We did a case study on it... they lose money on the initial purchase of the razor but make it all back plus a lot more on the blades

StcChief
02-28-2007, 11:10 AM
My 3 blade Persona (no name) works fine.

Baby Lee
02-28-2007, 11:17 AM
An aloe strip that lathers?!?!
Sweet sassy molassey!!!!

Saulbadguy
02-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Cartridges are are a rip off.

chagrin
02-28-2007, 11:39 AM
My 3 blade Persona (no name) works fine.

I prefer my true disposable 3 blade (got them for 4 bucks) the blades have lasted longer than any I had with my Mach 3 Turbo and they shave just as well.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Grow a beard and be men.

keg in kc
02-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I will say that the 5 blade crap really does work. Best one I have used.Yeah, I've used a fusion for a while, and they're great.

My girlfriend uses one, too. But not on her face, if you get my meaning. She loves it, too.

*cough*

Eric
02-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Where can you buy those cheapest ?????

I expect someone to try and steal a truck of those.

truck worth = millions.

Baby Lee
02-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I've used a fusion for a while, and they're great.

My girlfriend uses one, too. But not on her face, if you get my meaning. She loves it, too.

*cough*
keg strides hardwood floors. Booyakasha!!!

Silock
02-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Mach 3 is such a sham. If you have a tough beard, the cartridges last one, maybe 2, if you're lucky, shaves. And at nearly $8 for a week's worth of refills, that really, really adds up.

Straight razor is a much, much better investment.

Baby Lee
02-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Mach 3 is such a sham. If you have a tough beard, the cartridges last one, maybe 2, if you're lucky, shaves. And at nearly $8 for a week's worth of refills, that really, really adds up.

Straight razor is a much, much better investment.
WTF, I have the skin sensitivity of a regular Sir Reginald McPasty, and I can suss out 10+ uses, probably around 15, from a cartridge.
Course I do the whole hot hot water, soak, soak, shaving cream, wait, wait, shave, to do, so I might be putting less strain on the blades than others.

Brock
02-28-2007, 06:34 PM
WTF, I have the skin sensitivity of a regular Sir Reginald McPasty, and I can suss out 10+ uses, probably around 15, from a cartridge.
Course I do the whole hot hot water, soak, soak, shaving cream, wait, wait, shave, to do, so I might be putting less strain on the blades than others.

In other words, you actually do it right, and not just drag a dry razor across brittle, dry hair.

CoMoChief
02-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Cartridges are are a rip off.

Yup, sure are. I wish I could use an electric razor but my face gets razor burn every single time I try an used one. My neck bleeds so much when I used an electric. So I pay out the ass for Mach3 Turbo cartridges.

HMc
02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/omTCrwHQMcw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/omTCrwHQMcw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Eric
02-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Hit recommended.
http://www.headshaver.org/reviews/index.html

SBK
02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
I got one of those Quattro Titanium ones that are "off the sheezy."

I loved the Mach 3 turbo, but I blew thru the blades too fast. I've been using the same blades on my titanium one since Dec 3. Still sharp, much improved razor.

Silock
02-28-2007, 07:46 PM

I can't. I use shave oil, Anthony for Men shave cream, do two passes (one with the grain, one against), lathering in between each time, using a quality shave brush, and I still don't get more than 2 uses out of a Mach 3.