PDA

View Full Version : Who is excited and hoping for rebuilding?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Starting with Croyle being the starting QB this year?

I am. It's time. I'm ready for 3-13 and 4-12 seasons, we will be better off when it's all said and done. We need to build through the draft, and not to mention with higher picks, Carl won't screw up (well, maybe).

The Dynasty
03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Not me. We need to get a god damn offensive line.

Mr. Laz
how we gonna rebuild when we draft like crap?

Braincase
Rebuild everywhere. Start with the lines.

NewChief
03-01-2007, 12:45 PM
I really hope for you guys' sake that Brody is all you're projecting him to be. If he comes out and sucks ass, this place is going to be like Wall Street on Black Friday.

suds79
03-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Well am I excited about rebuilding? Am I excited about 4-12 seasons?

No.

But I'm willing to go through it and I understand that it's necessary from time to time.

We're in a state of transition with an old team and I think its coming whether we like it or not so we might as well hope Carl & company make the right decisions in the draft.

noa
03-01-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm excited about rebuilding, but there's no need to rush Croyle into the game. I think that's exactly why we gave Huard a decent contract. Have him play for maybe half the season, and if we're out of the playoff picture, put in Croyle.

HemiEd
03-01-2007, 12:47 PM
I still remember those 17 years of rebuilding the last time. No thanks, I don't look forward to those pitiful seasons that it takes to draft near the top.

tk13
03-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Personally, I think the whole idea that we have to be 3-13 for half a decade to compete again is garbage. You don't know if we'll be better off when it's done... the Lions aren't better off. The last time we picked in the top 10, we picked Ryan Sims. Meanwhile, the best player on our team we picked with the 27th pick of the first round.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-01-2007, 12:48 PM
I really hope for you guys' sake that Brody is all you're projecting him to be. If he comes out and sucks ass, this place is going to be like Wall Street on Black Friday.

I actually don't think Croyle will pan out, but it's about time Carl and company play a QB that they drafted to see. And I actually don't think we will win until Carl and Herm are gone, but it's worth a shot.

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2007, 12:50 PM
I am excited about a lot of things but football and the Chiefs are not on of them though. As much as I hate to say this, even if I lived in KC I wouldn't buy tickets to this upcoming season.

StcChief
03-01-2007, 12:53 PM
I am excited about a lot of things but football and the Chiefs are not on of them though. As much as I hate to say this, even if I lived in KC I wouldn't buy tickets to this upcoming season.Dumping mine.

This is a mult-year rebuild could take 3.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-01-2007, 12:55 PM
I am excited about a lot of things but football and the Chiefs are not on of them though. As much as I hate to say this, even if I lived in KC I wouldn't buy tickets to this upcoming season.

I'm excited, but I'm not looking forward to losing, which I think we will see a lot of this year and until Herm and company are gone because I don't think we have the right guys making the decisions, football-wise, for this team. Money-wise, Carl is amazing. He's made the Chiefs a cash camel because of stupid fans that keep renewing their season tickets to see a losing team the likes of the Lions. I seriously think some Chiefs fans are in denial and think that we are soooo much better than the teams the likes of the Lions.

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Dumping mine.

We're not going anywhere with Herm, the man who wants to fix what isn't broken instead of concentrating his time and effort in an area he is supposed to be the best at and we needed improvement in.

Woodrow Call
03-01-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm excited. I hope Carl lets Herm blow up this roster.

Time get rid of the old, the underachievers, and the guys who don't want to be here.

I think Herm will draft well enough and build a good team for the next coach and GM to succeed with.

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm excited, but I'm not looking forward to losing, which I think we will see a lot of this year and until Herm and company are gone because I don't think we have the right guys making the decisions, football-wise, for this team. Money-wise, Carl is amazing. He's made the Chiefs a cash camel because of stupid fans that keep renewing their season tickets to see a losing team the likes of the Lions. I seriously think some Chiefs fans are in denial and think that we are soooo much better than the teams the likes of the Lions.

That's because we have had decent teams with great regular seasons before blowing chunks in the playoffs. I gotta tell you, right now I am far and away more discouraged about the Chiefs than I have ever been before. I won't even renew season ticket this year although I may get one of those viewsats and follow a couple other teams a little more closely. Then again maybe I will just use that time to train more.

Coogs
03-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I am, and I would start the process in this years draft, not next years. And I would build this team over 2 or three years, because even though we made the playoffs this last season, I am not convinced we are a legit team that is one or two players away. I think we need to start over with a two to three year draft plan in place.

I would send LJ and our #23 pick to Cleveland aon draft day and go with CJ at WR if he is still there.

And I would send Allen to Tampa Bay for their 2nd and 4th round picks, and maybe swap the lower 2nd round picks if that is what it took to get the deal done. That would add #35, #64, and #98 to go along with our 3rd rounder at #84.

With those picks, I would pick best player available on either side of the ball, even if it was another WR at #35.

And I would start Croyle. If for no other reason than to see if he is indeed the future or not.

If he is not, then Brian Brohm from Louisville would be my target for the next years top pick. If Croyle is the deal, then maybe the RB from Arkansas, McFadden, could be a possible target.

Then fill out the roster with the rest of the draft picks next season, and add the final piece on either side of the ball in the following years draft.

Got to run right now, but that is my .02 for right now.

leviw
03-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm excited.

Gotta be bad before you get good. But you also have to have competence from your upper management --which I'm not sure exists here-- otherwise you'll be just like the Lions, who someone brought up earlier, and will stay bad.

I'm preparing for a 4-12 season in 2007, and hopefully a game or two better in 2008. They have to rebuild the line, groom a quarterback, possibly develop a running back, sign and devlop at least two receivers, and fill plenty of holes on defense, mostly in the secondary.

Other than that, rebuilding shouldn't be too hard.

I'm tired of 9-7s, 8-8s and 10-6s with no results. I'm preparing for a 4-12, 5-11, which will hopefully lead to a string of playoff appearances and a Super Bowl or two.

NJ Chief Fan
03-01-2007, 02:56 PM
LET THE YOUTH MOVEMENT BEGIN!

CupidStunt
03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Most teams that do it are now better off. Tennessee is a good example.

Fruit Ninja
03-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Wont even think about it, becuase it will never happen with CP running the show.

|Zach|
03-01-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't think we will be pathetic this upcoming year...

In the least.

|Zach|
03-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Most teams that do it are now better off. Tennessee is a good example.
WTF has Tenn. done? They were 8-8 last year following 4 and 3 win seasons. :hmmm:

Reerun_KC
03-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't think we will be pathetic this upcoming year...

In the least.

What makes you think we wont?

We have a balless wonder for a Gm in Carl. A head coach that could find the endzone even if his ass was duct taped to the Goalpost. A running back that is disgruntled, a QB problem (trading Green = no legit starterd on team next year) and a team full of pansies that DV left us...

We are going to be a contender? We will be lucky to win 6 games.

Woodrow Call
03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
What makes you think we wont?

We have a balless wonder for a Gm in Carl. A head coach that could find the endzone even if his ass was duct taped to the Goalpost. A running back that is disgruntled, a QB problem (trading Green = no legit starterd on team next year) and a team full of pansies that DV left us...

We are going to be a contender? We will be lucky to win 6 games.

I don't think LJ is disgruntled. His teammates may hate him but I haven't heard much out of LJ.

Brock
03-01-2007, 04:14 PM
WTF has Tenn. done? They were 8-8 last year following 4 and 3 win seasons. :hmmm:

They're better than the Chiefs because they're not the Chiefs.

Mecca
03-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Dumping mine.

And that's why Carl has never done what should have been done, he fears fans like you will drop their tickets and result in non sold out games.

Fans scream rebuild rebuild most truth is most don't have the stomach to continue to support the team through it.

Mecca
03-01-2007, 04:16 PM
They're better than the Chiefs because they're not the Chiefs.

They're young and ascending we're old and declining......despite the similiar record they are in a much better spot for the future than we are.

the Talking Can
03-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I am ready for a total make over, crash and burn, top 5 pick....do the hard stuff while Herm is here, then when we have some new young talent, and a young QB past the learning curve, fire his ass and get a real coach...

Brock
03-01-2007, 04:19 PM
They're young and ascending we're old and declining......despite the similiar record they are in a much better spot for the future than we are.

Always good for a laugh.

Mecca
03-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Always good for a laugh.

You don't think the Titans are set up better for the future than we are?

Explain......

Reerun_KC
03-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I am ready for a total make over, crash and burn, top 5 pick....do the hard stuff while Herm is here, then when we have some new young talent, and a young QB past the learning curve, fire his ass and get a real coach...

Post of the Day!

I agree, Herm is great about getting solid quality players. He cant coach for shit, but he can judge talent...

Reerun_KC
03-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Always good for a laugh.

I didnt see anything funny about it, It is the truth and it sucks ass, but we are going to have to go down that road if we want to compete!

IF we dont do it now, When Carl and dipshit leaves, we will have to do it then.

I would rather do it now, then sit around 7-9 or 9-7 every year, then back our way into the playoffs and have "real NFL teams with real NFL coaches" pound our asses.

We have to rebuild..

the Talking Can
03-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Titans have been to a superbowl in recent memory, have a great coach, have a young QB showing lots of promise...and a punk ass CB about to be cut...not a bad situation....

htismaqe
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM

The last two drafts were anything BUT crap...

HemiEd
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Fans scream rebuild rebuild most truth is most don't have the stomach to continue to support the team through it.

Have you ever gone through it? It isn't fun.

It amazes me how everyone thinks a rebuild is the answer. I guess we will see.

Mecca
03-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Have you ever gone through it? It isn't fun.

It amazes me how everyone thinks a rebuild is the answer. I guess we will see.

I don't have a problem with it now because what this team has been trying to do for the last 10+ years hasn't worked.

HemiEd
03-01-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't have a problem with it now because what this team has been trying to do for the last 30+ years hasn't worked.

fyp

But I still look at it as a full season of entertainment. I am not sure I could survive a 4-12 year anymore.

Halfcan
03-01-2007, 04:51 PM
How can you rebuild when you continue to bring in nobodys and old guys? Half of our roster have no business being in the NFL, but yet they will sit on the bench another year.

Mecca
03-01-2007, 04:53 PM
fyp

But I still look at it as a full season of entertainment. I am not sure I could survive a 4-12 year anymore.

So basically you advocate the signing aging ok players idea to be good enough to compete go 8-8 and the like.........hey to each their own I'd rather do what it takes to actually win.

eazyb81
03-01-2007, 04:53 PM
How can you rebuild when you continue to bring in nobodys and old guys? Half of our roster have no business being in the NFL, but yet they will sit on the bench another year.

We are obviously trying to stop bringing in "old guys" by trading Green, Bell, and hopefully others. Our window was open for the past couple years, but it is now firmly close and it's time to rebuild with youth.

leviw
03-01-2007, 04:54 PM
fyp

It's the NFL. It's not like their going to killed every week. Plus, it might be fun to have some YES-WE-WON! wins instead of THANK-GOD-WE-DIDN'T-BUT-WE-SHOULD-HAVE-LOST! wins for a few years.

|Zach|
03-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Half of our roster has no business being in the NFL?

What a drama queen.

Myopic message build culture has totally taken over.

Calcountry
03-01-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm excited. I hope Carl lets Herm blow his rooster.

Time get rid of the old underwear, and the guys who don't want to be here.

I think Herm will draft well enough and build a good team for the next coach and GM to suck with.Come on now dude, get it right, this is Chiefs planet we are talking about.

I fixed your post for you.

HemiEd
03-01-2007, 06:08 PM
So basically you advocate the signing aging ok players idea to be good enough to compete go 8-8 and the like.........hey to each their own I'd rather do what it takes to actually win.
Oh no, not at all. I do not advocate stripping the team and starting all over though. I don't think it is necessary and would not want to suffer through it.

the Talking Can
03-01-2007, 06:46 PM
What a drama queen.

Myopic message build culture has totally taken over.

ROFL

talk about dramatic...

Cochise
03-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Why does everyone think Croyle is this sure thing?

He has shown me absolutely zilch so far.

leviw
03-01-2007, 06:57 PM

That's the question, but do you give up on a quarterback who didn't take one meaningful snap in his rookie season?

I say you've gotta give him a shot. If you're going to rebuild, you might as well see what the young kid has got.

Count Alex's Losses
03-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I am extremely excited. Herm's going to do a great job.

Count Alex's Losses
03-01-2007, 06:59 PM

Did you miss last year's draft?

Count Alex's Losses
03-01-2007, 07:00 PM

I have a question for you. Are you going to be a Chiefs fan if Trent leaves or even retires?

Reerun_KC
03-01-2007, 07:09 PM

That reminds me of everyone saying we need to cut the dead weight in Damon Huard. You remember Huard right? This guy could do sh*t in preseason for years. Still has one of the NFL history worst pre-season rating.

Now everyone wants to crown his ass, because he is what Carl thought he was...

We dont know anything about Croyle, until Nuthooks actually plays or lets him compete for a starting position.

Reerun_KC
03-01-2007, 07:10 PM
I have a question for you. Are you going to be a Chiefs fan if Trent leaves or even retires?

Probably not, I will just come around for the Bud Light. [/sarcasm]

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Come on now dude, get it right, this is Chiefs planet we are talking about.

I fixed your post for you.
Quit fixing people's posts you stupid hillbilly.

Reerun_KC
03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Quit fixing people's posts you stupid hillbilly.

Post police out tonight?

milkman
03-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Oh no, not at all. I do not advocate stripping the team and starting all over though. I don't think it is necessary and would not want to suffer through it.

I went through the 70s and 80s also.

But unlike you, I am ready to blow up this roster and actually try to build a team that can actually contend.

I am sick of pretenders, and that's all we've been for 18 years.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
I went through the 70s and 80s also.

But unlike you, I am ready to blow up this roster and actually try to build a team that can actually contend.

I am sick of pretenders, and that's all we've been for 18 years.

Longer than 18 years, actually.

I don't think we'll be doing anything until Herm and Carl are gone. I'm talking from top to bottom, clean house with the whole organization. The culture of mediocrity is so set in the minds at One Arrowhead Drive in that a major house cleaning is needed. We need to get a winning attitude back in the Chiefs organization as a whole; something that we haven't seen since the Hank Stram days when Lamar cared.

milkman
03-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Longer than 18 years, actually.

I don't think we'll be doing anything until Herm and Carl are gone. I'm talking from top to bottom, clean house with the whole organization. The culture of mediocrity is so set in the minds at One Arrowhead Drive in that a major house cleaning is needed. We need to get a winning attitude back in the Chiefs organization as a whole; something that we haven't seen since the Hank Stram days when Lamar cared.

The 18 years I'm referencing are Carl's years as GM.

Ed is reticent about trying to build from scratch because the 15-17 years prior to that, the Chiefs weren't even pretenders.

Calcountry
03-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Quit fixing people's posts you stupid hillbilly.Yessah, I be gonna skin me sum sheep right about soon now.

el borracho
03-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Well, I am hoping for a pretty extensive rebuild but I don't know if I can say I'm excited about it. 6-10 isn't as fun to watch as 10-6 (although the losses become far less frustrating once one accepts things as they are).

Count Alex's Losses
03-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Rebuilding doesn't automatically mean 6-10.

unothadeal
03-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Rebuilding doesn't automatically mean 6-10.
It does if you're the Chiefs

milkman
03-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Well, I am hoping for a pretty extensive rebuild but I don't know if I can say I'm excited about it. 6-10 isn't as fun to watch as 10-6 (although the losses become far less frustrating once one accepts things as they are).

Watching wins isn't really all that fun when you are fairly confident that they won't amount to Jack when it's all said and done.

I'd rather watch the losses of a 6-10 season with hope for the future, than watch the wins in a 10-6 season knowing there's almost no hope for that season, and the seasons to follow.

Count Alex's Losses
03-01-2007, 08:33 PM
It does if you're the Chiefs

I disagree, big time. I also think we have plenty of talent right now that we can make the transition pretty smoothly.

el borracho
03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
I would like to see the following gone from the roster:

Parker
Wiegmann
Turley
Kennison
Green
Gardner
Bober
Hall
Brown
Bell
Knight
Wesley
Hicks
Sims
Sapp
Gammon

That is 16 players which is probably doable in one offseason. Of course, we just gave Kennison an extension last year and he's the best we have so he's probably safe for another year (bringing the number down to 15). Then again, Shields probably retires (which would bring it back to 16).

el borracho
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I disagree, big time. I also think we have plenty of talent right now that we can make the transition pretty smoothly.
Even if we spent our entire draft on it this year it is still unlikely we would fix our Oline. Not to mention the fact that our WRs are garbage and the fact that we need all new DTs.

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 08:47 PM
If it is necessary to go 4-12 to build a winning team why hasn't Marty been even close to 4-12?

Count Alex's Losses
03-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Even if we spent our entire draft on it this year it is still unlikely we would fix our Oline. Not to mention the fact that our WRs are garbage and the fact that we need all new DTs.

How did we go 9-7 last year!

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4946/emotpsyduckvl1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

milkman
03-01-2007, 08:54 PM
If it is necessary to go 4-12 to build a winning team why hasn't Marty been even close to 4-12?

We're talking about building a SB team.

Marty has never coached one of those.

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 08:56 PM

Vermiel has. We should hire him.

milkman
03-01-2007, 08:57 PM

And he did go 4-12 in SD in '03.

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 08:58 PM

Actually, I'm just trying to dispell the notion that you have to lose to win. You don't.

milkman
03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Vermiel has. We should hire him.

How about we just stay away from retreads?

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 09:01 PM
How about we just stay away from retreads?
Then how are you going to find a proven SB coach?

milkman
Actually, I'm just trying to dispell the notion that you have to lose to win. You don't.

I'd be curious to find out the the records from the previous 5-6 years for the last 10 SB winners.

Baconeater
Well, in San Diego his predecessors were nice enough to do it for him.

milkman
03-01-2007, 09:03 PM

No, he went 4-12 with SD in '03.

milkman
03-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Then how are you going to find a proven SB coach?

I've never clamored for a proven SB coach.

I've always preferred the young up and comer.

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Yep but he took us to the playoffs right away. Ditto with Cleveland. A good team can be built without the losing. The folks who are wanting a 4-12 season have never been through one. Let alone a dozen or more like me. And losing doesn't guarantee winning. Ask Detroit or Arizona.

Baconeater
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
No, he went 4-12 with SD in '03.
Then what the hell is Skip talking about?

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
I've never clamored for a proven SB coach.

I've always preferred the young up and comer.
I've never seen you like anyone. Who do you propose for our next coach? Your up-and-comer?

milkman
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I've never seen you like anyone. Who do you propose for our next coach? Your up-and-comer?

I'll let you know in 3 years when Herman ****ing Edwards gets fired.

Toad
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
A team doesn't have to go 4-12 to build a superbowl team, but it helps your odds at obtaining a franchise QB (something that most superbowl teams have in common). Unfortunately, I do NOT have faith in Carl or Herm to select a true franchise QB.

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Then what the hell is Skip talking about?
Marty had never had a losing season through his Washington gig. I don't know how I missed that 4-12. It is the exception that proves the rule.

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
I'll let you know in 3 years when Herman ****ing Edwards gets fired.
BS. You never say who you want. Just bitch about everybody who is hired. Come on. Go out on a limb.

Baconeater
03-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Marty had never had a losing season through his Washington gig. I don't know how I missed that 4-12. It is the exception that proves the rule.
I don't think it's fair to look at San Diego as an example of how to build a team anyway, there's not going to be an opportunity every year for a team to rape the Giants like they did.

Messier
03-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't understand this feeling that some how the Chiefs are diffrent from other teams, in a bad way. The Chiefs are far from the dregs of the NFL. How is that not clear. And I don't think any team wants a rebuilding year, that is a myth that fans dream up, like thinking it's a good idea to lose games if you're out of the playoffs in order to get a better draft pick. Teams don't do these things. The only reason a team would gut the roster is if they are in so much cap trouble that they have no choice.

Every team wins as many games as they can. If the Chiefs can win 7 games instead of 5 they will do so. Every team would do so. We may think might as well get a better draft pick, but no team wants to "earn" that higher pick, it's a bad thing.

milkman
03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
BS. You never say who you want. Just bitch about everybody who is hired. Come on. Go out on a limb.

You just weren't paying attention.

When Gunt was fired I was all over the board in support of Marvin Lewis.

When Dick was on his way out, I was pimping Mike Trgovac.

Count Alex's Losses
03-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Neither of which have done anything. Marvin's teams have underachieved and Trgovac? LMAO

leviw
03-01-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't understand this feeling that some how the Chiefs are diffrent from other teams, in a bad way. The Chiefs are far from the dregs of the NFL. How is that not clear. And I don't think any team wants a rebuilding year, that is a myth that fans dream up, like thinking it's a good idea to lose games if you're out of the playoffs in order to get a better draft pick. Teams don't do these things. The only reason a team would gut the roster is if they are in so much cap trouble that they have no choice.

Every team wins as many games as they can. If the Chiefs can win 7 games instead of 5 they will do so. Every team would do so. We may think might as well get a better draft pick, but no team wants to "earn" that higher pick, it's a bad thing.

We're not saying they should try and cough up wins to get better draft picks. We're saying they need to implement youth and clean house at positions that are old and/or weak. By doing so, the Chiefs will probably suffer in the win-loss department. Facts of life.

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 09:23 PM
I don't think it's fair to look at San Diego as an example of how to build a team anyway, there's not going to be an opportunity every year for a team to rape the Giants like they did.
The Cowboys found a way with Hershel Walker. The best and quickest rebuild I ever saw was Chuck Knoll and the great Steeler teams he built. He had one draft produce 4 superstars. I'm not sure of who and when but he had basically two drafts create that team. I'm too lazy but someone should go look and see which drafts produced Mean Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, Jack Lambert, L.C. Greenwood, Franco Harris and several others. It was probably dumb luck. I've never seen it before or since. Those great Dolphin teams were built slowly by Shula but were never bad. Losing to win is just stupid in most situations.

milkman
03-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Neither of which have done anything. Marvin's teams have underachieved and Trgovac? LMAO

Go ahead and laugh, dumbass.

You'll be crying in a couple of years when the Chiefs are still spinning their wheels in mediocrity with Herman ****ing Edwards.

Baconeater
03-01-2007, 09:30 PM
The Cowboys found a way with Hershel Walker. The best and quickest rebuild I ever saw was Chuck Knoll and the great Steeler teams he built. He had one draft produce 4 superstars. I'm not sure of who and when but he had basically two drafts create that team. I'm too lazy but someone should go look and see which drafts produced Mean Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, Jack Lambert, L.C. Greenwood, Franco Harris and several others. It was probably dumb luck. I've never seen it before or since. Those great Dolphin teams were built slowly by Shula but were never bad. Losing to win is just stupid in most situations.
The Walker trade was a once-in-a-lifetime deal as well. You're also going back to a different era of football when you bring up Knoll, I really don't think you can apply what teams did back then to today's NFL. I agree about it being stupid to try to lose to win. We're not in the position we're in by winning too much, we're in it because we drafted shitty and signed shitty FAs.

el borracho
03-01-2007, 09:31 PM
How did we go 9-7 last year!

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4946/emotpsyduckvl1.gif (http://imageshack.us)
The worst team in the league last year (Raidurrs) is in our division and we played the NFCWest last year.

Count Alex's Losses
03-01-2007, 09:32 PM
1969 - Joe Greene, LC Greenwood
1970 - Terry Bradshaw, Mel Blount
1971 - Jack Ham
1972 - Franco Harris
1974 - Lynn Swann, Jack Lambert, John Stallworth, Mike Webster

el borracho
03-01-2007, 09:33 PM
And the Falcons before that.

Count Alex's Losses
03-01-2007, 09:34 PM
The worst team in the league last year (Raidurrs) is in our division and we played the NFCWest last year.

No! No no no no no no no no no!!!!

Baconeater
03-01-2007, 09:35 PM
And the Falcons before that.
:shake: Forgot about that.

Toad
03-01-2007, 09:36 PM

IMHO, "dumb luck" is a vital element of success for a lot of teams.

el borracho
03-01-2007, 09:37 PM
"No" what? No, the Raidurrs weren't the worst team in the league? No, we didn't play the NFCWest last year? No, what?

el borracho
03-01-2007, 09:38 PM
:shake: Forgot about that.
Yeah, it's depressing. You should try and forget it again.

Messier
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
We're not saying they should try and cough up wins to get better draft picks. We're saying they need to implement youth and clean house at positions that are old and/or weak. By doing so, the Chiefs will probably suffer in the win-loss department. Facts of life.

And I'm saying that if the team thinks it can win even just 1 or 2 more games by playing a vet over a younger player, they will do so.

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
You just weren't paying attention.

When Gunt was fired I was all over the board in support of Marvin Lewis.

When Dick was on his way out, I was pimping Mike Trgovac.
I can sure see how I missed those picks.

milkman
03-01-2007, 09:44 PM
And I'm saying that if the team thinks it can win even just 1 or 2 more games by playing a vet over a younger player, they will do so.

I guess that explains the Rat's decision to bench Plumber in favor of Cutler last season.

And Denny Green's Warner/Lienart decision.

Skip Towne
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
1969 - Joe Greene, LC Greenwood
1970 - Terry Bradshaw, Mel Blount
1971 - Jack Ham
1972 - Franco Harris
1974 - Lynn Swann, Jack Lambert, John Stallworth, Mike Webster
Not quite like I remembered it. The '74 draft is the best I've ever seen. It put them in domination after 4 pretty damn good drafts. Heh, I can't help but notice that this was happening at the same time we were going down the tubes. The powerful Dolphins were being built at about the same time. Just a little earlier.

Messier
03-02-2007, 07:36 AM
I guess that explains the Rat's decision to bench Plumber in favor of Cutler last season.

And Denny Green's Warner/Lienart decision.

Yes it does. Were Warner and Plummer winning for them? No.

HonestChieffan
03-02-2007, 09:04 AM
I have no faith in Croyle till I see him do something. The kid was a project...not a starter from the get go and He looks like most "projects"...aint gonna be much in the long run.

As long as we have Herm, I will be less than enthused.

Mecca
03-02-2007, 09:44 AM

As far as winning when it matters this team is one of the absolute dregs of the NFL......

We haven't won a playoff game in what is it now 13 years? Only 2 teams have gone longer 3 haven't won since because Houston hasn't been around that long. We are an abysmal road team......

The Chiefs are a shitty team and a shitty organization right now that has somehow made alot of the fans believe they are one of the NFL's elite. People in that organization from management to the players carry themselves like were the damn Patriots and won superbowls.....hell some fans do it too.

It's time to come off it this team has been a loser for years and it's time to fix it right now.

Coogs
03-02-2007, 10:24 AM
A team doesn't have to go 4-12 to build a superbowl team, but it helps your odds at obtaining a franchise QB (something that most superbowl teams have in common). Unfortunately, I do NOT have faith in Carl or Herm to select a true franchise QB.

So, you play Croyle this seasoon to see if we already have drafted that true franchise QB. If he is not, and we have a 3-13 type season, Brian Brohm for Louisville would be a good place to start the 2007 draft.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I have no faith in Croyle till I see him do something. The kid was a project...not a starter from the get go and He looks like most "projects"...aint gonna be much in the long run.

As long as we have Herm, I will be less than enthused.

The kid was a 4-year starter at Alabama. He's not a project.

All he has to do is stay healthy.

BIG_DADDY
03-02-2007, 10:40 AM
The kid was a 4-year starter at Alabama. He's not a project.

All he has to do is stay healthy.

I wouldn't trip on DisHonestChieffan, we all know Dante Hall sucks too. Now I guess we will get an entire offseason of Croyle sucks threads.