PDA

View Full Version : supposed trade that went down.

The Dynasty
03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
dre bly to denver for tatum bell to detroit

Stinger
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Just caught the end of the update ESPN Radio sounded like they were reporting the Broncos getting CB Dre Bly from Detroit and giving up Tatum Bell and George Foster, not sure of any draft picks being given or swaped.

Saulbadguy
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
LOL

Cochise
03-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Bly is a good corner, but hasn't he been playing for 10 years now?

Denver isn't losing much. People over at the drain are low on Foster, and Bell will never be a feature back IMO.

siberian khatru
03-01-2007, 11:50 AM
The way things go, I'm certain Denver got Detroit's No. 1.

The Dynasty
03-01-2007, 11:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784408

Cochise
03-01-2007, 11:53 AM
The way things go, I'm certain Denver got Detroit's No. 1.

Yeah, Millen probably sent Dre Bly and Detroit's first round pick to Denver another receiver who won't pan out.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Wonder what kind of three way trade Shannahan has got going to get Moss to Green Bay & Plummer to Oakland?

ceebz
03-01-2007, 11:55 AM
When is Dungver gonna learn you need a pass rush to play good pass defense?

88TG88
03-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Doesn't sound that bad

ck_IN
03-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Not a bad trade for either team.

Bell isn't a starter but he makes a great change of pace back. If Jones is healthy it's a good 1/2 punch. Another thing is with Foster they could go for Peterson whith their 1st pick.

With Bly and Baily the Broncs should have a great CB tandem but now they're thin at RB. I wonder if Dom Rhodes is high on their list?

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2007, 12:01 PM
In our division do you need really good corners?

suds79
03-01-2007, 12:03 PM

lol. Very true.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-01-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't know what to make of this trade, because Dre' Bly doesn't rush the QB. They need more playmakers up front.

DBroncos4life
03-01-2007, 12:11 PM
While that part is true, Im pretty sure Denver plays teams outside of the AFC west next year as well. I'll check into that. :)

What it does allow is a guy with 31 career picks, (three seasons of 6) to now start covering teams number two WR instead of their number one. Also I imagine that he can pick one or two things up from Champ making him an even better DB.

Now Denver does need to work on getting a better pass rush, lucky for us the draft is loaded with talent on the DL.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Ryan Sims will be to the Broncos what Kennison was to the Chiefs

Chief Nute
03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Imagine that.........

I havent posted in about a week, but I think my last post was on this very subject. And why we need to trade Larry Johnson NOW.

Denver does it again.......they get some run of the mill running back to put up some decent numbers and make him look better than he actually is, and then flip him for some defensive player who could make a big difference.

So let me get this straight.....Tatum Bell + Clinton Portis = both corner positions being rock solid. Now Denver will just find some other piece of shit running back to run behind a great running scheme and then they will flip that bum to some sucker who will give up a great safety or linebacker.

We need to jump ship with Larry Johnson......someone will give us a player that could really help our defense/O-Line.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Dee Brown will be to the Broncos what Kennison was to the Chiefs

Stinger
03-01-2007, 12:16 PM
With this trade Broncos are thin at RB do they go after Jamal Lewis or do the go after a RB or picks from Houston if they trade Plumber to them?

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 12:17 PM
This is a good trade for the Broncos.

The Chiefs can negate this acquisition by building a good O-line.

SNR
03-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Tatum is their best back. Mike Bell is pretty much Mike Cloud with a couple extra moves on the side.

Raiderhader
03-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Imagine that.........

I havent posted in about a week, but I think my last post was on this very subject. And why we need to trade Larry Johnson NOW.

Denver does it again.......they get some run of the mill running back to put up some decent numbers and make him look better than he actually is, and then flip him for some defensive player who could make a big difference.

So let me get this straight.....Tatum Bell + Clinton Portis = both corner positions being rock solid. Now Denver will just find some other piece of shit running back to run behind a great running scheme and then they will flip that bum to some sucker who will give up a great safety or linebacker.

We need to jump ship with Larry Johnson......someone will give us a player that could really help our defense/O-Line.

Uhhh, we no longer have a great line to run behind, we can't get away with doing what denver did/does.

Right now the offense is as much a concern, if not more so, than the D.

SNR
03-01-2007, 12:21 PM
I do like the George Foster ship though. They've got some great up-and-coming line personnel in Pears and Kuper... there's no reason to keep that fatass Foster around at all.

Chief Nute
03-01-2007, 12:21 PM
With this trade Broncos are thin at RB do they go after Jamal Lewis or do the go after a RB or picks from Houston if they trade Plumber to them?

I dont know the pricetag on Lewis, but I assume it isnt cheap. So I'd say there is no chance in hell that the Broncos go after him.

They will go get someone like Michael Pittman or something from Tampa and make him look like a decent running back for a couple years, and then they will go trade him for Brian Urlacher

Chief Nute
03-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Uhhh, we no longer have a great line to run behind, we can't get away with doing what denver did/does.

Right now the offense is as much a concern, if not more so, than the D.

Thats exactly my point. Larry Johnson's production/value will begin a steep slide as our offensive line gets older/worse. If someone is willing to trade any type of playmaker for him now, I'd suggest management to listen.

A running back is only as good as the line is runs behind, and Larry likely wont be very good this year.

And yea, you are right, we dont have that dominating line that we used to. We cant just plug any old running back in there and run for 1800 yards with a 5+ yard per carry average.

This might be our last chance to pull the wool over someones eyes while Larry is still considered one of the best backs in the league.

bringbackmarty
03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't think it is a good trade at all. Foster is youngish,
Bell is too. The fifth round pick could be the next Jarred Allen for them. What do they get? a pricey FA Corner who will sooner rather than later have a serious downturn in his playing. It looks to next season but that's it. All it takes is Champ to be hurt for a few, bly to get out of sync and boom! Donx looking @ 8-8.

Rat needs some fresh meat on both lines and to give bell 1 more year. Rat could bring portis back, **** that.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Calling it now:

Denver will sign Jamal Lewis.

Rooster
03-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Looks like a win win for both clubs. Millan must be on vacation or something.

beer bacon
03-01-2007, 12:39 PM
ESPN is saying now that it was Foster, Bell, and Denver's 5th round pick for Bly.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 12:39 PM
ESPN is saying now that it was Foster, Bell, and Denver's 5th round pick for Bly.
They better make sure their first four are for pass rushers.

Woodrow Call
03-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Good trade for both teams.

Detroit needs OL help and a RB to fill in for and compete with Jones. I think Tatum could have a big year under Martz.

Denver got rid of a couple guys they soured on and filled a need.

NJ Chief Fan
03-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Calling it now:

Denver will sign Jamal Lewis.

And I'm saying your dead wrong. They are going after Thomas Jones.

DAMMIT CARL! :cuss:

TRADE LJ WHILE YA CAN

tomahawk kid
03-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Further proof that Denver has no salary cap........

Fruit Ninja
03-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Good trade for the Broncos. now they have 2 pro bowl cornerbacks. All they did was give up worthless player for a good corner. Good move.

chop
03-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I like the trade for Detroit. They needed to get help on the o-line and a security blanket for KJ. They also get a fifth round pick. Bly wasn't all that last year so I think the Lions did a good job with this trade.

Mile High Mania
03-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Unfortunately, CB became a need when Williams passed. Bly is 29... (8 year career), so the 3 for 1 seems like a lot on paper, but I think I like it.

We'll see what other moves they do. I could go for Thomas Jones, who knows.

Mile High Mania
03-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Hmm... yahoo reports that Denver got Bly and a R5 pick for Bell and Foster.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Bly-sent-to-Broncos-for-Foster-and-T-Bell;_ylt=AsXEMCOhJeG4oGeUEgdsfFxDubYF?urn=nfl,25525

scorpio
03-01-2007, 02:24 PM
According to some dude on Yahoo sports, Denver is getting Detroit's 5th along with Bly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Bly-sent-to-Broncos-for-Foster-and-T-Bell;_ylt=AmKz6XfzOTE47ocwVgc4YlhDubYF?urn=nfl,25525

Phobia
03-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Ah crap. Now I'm gonna have to take Tatum Bell off my list in the death pool.

Mile High Mania
03-01-2007, 02:27 PM
If the Yahoo report is correct, then I'm really digging the deal.

siberian khatru
03-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Ah crap. Now I'm gonna have to take Tatum Bell off my list in the death pool.

I wonder if Dre Bly is suddenly sweating.

listopencil
03-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I heard about this earlier today on ESPN radio while I was out and about. I'm trying to gather info from Orange Mane but the site is incredibly slow right now. We'll know what the actual deal is tomorrow at the latest.

beer bacon
03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Good trade for the Broncos. now they have 2 pro bowl cornerbacks. All they did was give up worthless player for a good corner. Good move.

Bly is not that good of a corner.

Mile High Mania
03-01-2007, 02:52 PM

Well, we never get anyone good... do we?

htismaqe
03-01-2007, 02:53 PM

He's not a top-tier #1 CB. But he'll be the perfect compliment to Bailey.

beer bacon
03-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, we never get anyone good... do we?

You have plenty of good players on your team already, and Bly is a good enough corner that he could start for plenty of teams around the league. What I am saying is, he certainly isn't a Warfield or McCleon, but he definately isn't a Champ or Asante either.

MGRS13
03-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Once again shanny rat has convinced his fans they are one player away from the superbowl, his team of course couldn't even make the playoffs last year. Not to mention he's putting everything on the shoulders of a second year guy whos never won at any level. Shanny and carl should be lovers I mean they are both GREAT at mind fu**ing there fans.

listopencil
03-01-2007, 03:11 PM
You have plenty of good players on your team already, and Bly is a good enough corner that he could start for plenty of teams around the league. What I am saying is, he certainly isn't a Warfield or McCleon, but he definately isn't a Champ or Asante either.

The trade is pretty good for us in a few ways:

1) Foster is gone. It will nice to actually have a RT out there during games. Depending on a couple of injury situations we have two guys that are better than he is.

2) Tatum Bell is gone. He was the RB on our roster that was going to get us something in a trade. I'm hoping we see Mike Bell emerge as the main guy now. Our O works better that way.

3) Dre Bly doesn't have to be a #1 CB. He has to be a #2 CB. We lost Williams, and Foxworth didn't look ready. Bly is a solid pick up.

Garcia Bronco
03-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Once again shanny rat has convinced his fans they are one player away from the superbowl, his team of course couldn't even make the playoffs last year. Not to mention he's putting everything on the shoulders of a second year guy whos never won at any level. Shanny and carl should be lovers I mean they are both GREAT at mind fu**ing there fans.

You are probably right...but coach Shanahan can't hear you because his lombardi's are making too much noise.

MGRS13
03-01-2007, 03:19 PM
You are probably right...but coach Shanahan can't hear you because his lombardi's are making too much noise.
Are those his or elways? Any ways we have one also but as a fan of the chiefs I don't live in the past I want to win again and again. If you really think Bly is the missing link for a superbowl run, well I feel for you. Bly isn't(at this point in his career) half the corner he's replacing.

Mile High Mania
03-01-2007, 03:23 PM

Well, they were a final home game loss to the 49ers away from advancing and keeping KC on the couch during the playoffs.

I'm not saying that Shanahan has a midas touch or isn't full of himself, but I have a hell of a lot of trust in the guy when it comes to building this team.

The Broncos won 9 games while sputtering down the stretch with a rookie QB... will Cutler be a star? I dunno, but I like the youth movement on offense.

I don't think any realistic Denver fan thinks the team is one player away from the SB... Do I believe that Denver is a legit playoff contender in 2007? You bet.

Mile High Mania
03-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Are those his or elways? Any ways we have one also but as a fan of the chiefs I don't live in the past I want to win again and again. If you really think Bly is the missing link for a superbowl run, well I feel for you. Bly isn't(at this point in his career) half the corner he's replacing.

I missed the comments about being 1 player away from the SB... please point me in the right direction. I think you're underestimating Bly. I don't think he's at Champ's level, but he's very good.

Garcia Bronco
03-01-2007, 03:26 PM

Bly is going to help....just like the other 52 guys. Which corner would that be? Darrent Williams? Bly is a better corner than Williams. Unfortunately, he left us before his time. But I think we'll win a couple of more Super Bowls before the Chiefs ever do, and it's because we have one of the best coaches in the league running the show.

beer bacon
03-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Well, they were a final home game loss to the 49ers away from advancing and keeping KC on the couch during the playoffs.

I'm not saying that Shanahan has a midas touch or isn't full of himself, but I have a hell of a lot of trust in the guy when it comes to building this team.

The Broncos won 9 games while sputtering down the stretch with a rookie QB... will Cutler be a star? I dunno, but I like the youth movement on offense.

I don't think any realistic Denver fan thinks the team is one player away from the SB... Do I believe that Denver is a legit playoff contender in 2007? You bet.

Just think Denver fans, if we could have beat San Francisco at home, we would have gone to the playoffs! We can hang our hats on that at least.

MGRS13
03-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Bly is going to help....just like the other 52 guys. Which corner would that be? Darrent Williams? Bly is a better corner than Williams. Unfortunately, he left us before his time. But I think we'll win a couple of more Super Bowls before the Chiefs ever do, and it's because we have one of the best coaches in the league running the show.
As far as shanny being one of the best coaches in the league, uhhh, hes good at what he does but hes not the best, by far. And sorry Williams was better last year then Bly will be next year. Williams was going to be dominant, he was I.M.O. shannys best draft pick since TD.

Garcia Bronco
03-01-2007, 03:37 PM
As far as shanny being one of the best coaches in the league, uhhh, hes good at what he does but hes not the best, by far. And sorry Williams was better last year then Bly will be next year. Williams was going to be dominant, he was I.M.O. shannys best draft pick since TD.

I would disagree based on William's metrics, but coach is one of the best at what he does. He coached up Elway to what he was...got Steve Young a Super Bowl ring...has won Championships at every level. He's the one of the best period. And today as a GM...he got something for almost nothing.

Garcia Bronco
03-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Just think Denver fans, if we could have beat San Francisco at home, we would have gone to the playoffs! We can hang our hats on that at least.

The refs in that game were a joke. I was at the game, but my buddies wife....who doesn't even watch football said it was joke.....that makes you take notice.

Mile High Mania
03-01-2007, 03:40 PM

Hey, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good... last year was the time for the sun to shine on that dog's rear in KC :p

HerculesRockefell
03-01-2007, 03:58 PM

This is just flat out stupid. Must have missed where he said Denver was one player away and Bly was that player. Want to provide the quote for us? Yeah, Shanahan's going to stand pat after this move and go into next season with the team the same as it is today.

Douche Baggins
03-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Bly is one of the most overrated corners in the league. It'll be interesting to see who the Broncos find to replace Bell.

|Zach|
03-01-2007, 04:51 PM
The refs in that game were a joke. I was at the game, but my buddies wife....who doesn't even watch football said it was joke.....that makes you take notice.
Play well enough so the refs can't decide the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261001012

And when making points, I would refer to people who know a lot about football rather than less.

DomCasual
03-01-2007, 04:54 PM

The problem with you guys is that you're envious. Every year, the Broncos do something to try and get better; sometimes it's subtle, but most of the time it's dramatic. Sure, it doesn't always work - but every year, they're doing something.

The Chiefs, on the other hand, rarely do a thing. They have no creativity. Your team is usually okay - maybe even occasionally good. But it's never great. And you will keep filling Arrowhead for teams that finish between 8-8 and 11-5. From Carl's perspective, what's not to like?

Keep whining about cheating. Keep bitching about how the Broncos aren't subjected to the same salary cap rules. Keep telling yourself that your team is somehow superior. Hope usually trumps denial. As long as that's the case, Carl will keep the status quo.

Douche Baggins
03-01-2007, 04:56 PM
The problem with you guys is that you're envious.

We were so envious of your no playoffs season last year. :rolleyes:

Get over yourself you superior jerk.

Keep whining about cheating.

Like the Bronco fan in this thread? LMAO

Hope usually trumps denial.

Larry Johnson trumps all your defenders beyotch.

DomCasual
03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
We were so envious of your no playoffs season last year. :rolleyes:

Get over yourself you superior jerk.

Like the Bronco fan in this thread? LMAO

Larry Johnson trumps all your defenders beyotch.

Gosh, Bob - a few months away from the Mane has made you an angry elf. Your buttons have always been easy to push, though - good to see that hasn't changed.

As for last year, your playoff appearance bought you a lower draft pick. Otherwise, it turned out about the same. Sure, I wanted us to get into the playoffs - mainly to get Cutler the experience. But we weren't going anywhere once we got there - it was apparent early in the season that we were a flawed team.

Say what you want about my post. Most people here know deep down inside that it is truth - whether they'll admit it or not.

Valiant
03-01-2007, 05:02 PM

I missed the part where Gore ran at will on you guys...

Douche Baggins
03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Most people here know deep down inside that it is truth - whether they'll admit it or not.

That you're full of shit like most Bronco fans? Yes.

Valiant
03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
The problem with you guys is that you're envious. Every year, the Broncos do something to try and get better; sometimes it's subtle, but most of the time it's dramatic. Sure, it doesn't always work - but every year, they're doing something.

The Chiefs, on the other hand, rarely do a thing. They have no creativity. Your team is usually okay - maybe even occasionally good. But it's never great. And you will keep filling Arrowhead for teams that finish between 8-8 and 11-5. From Carl's perspective, what's not to like?

Keep whining about cheating. Keep bitching about how the Broncos aren't subjected to the same salary cap rules. Keep telling yourself that your team is somehow superior. Hope usually trumps denial. As long as that's the case, Carl will keep the status quo.

How does an 'okay' to 'sometimes good' team always manage to go 1-1 agianst your team??? I agree on the Carl part though... The other stuff I could really care less about, I just want them to beat the donks and the other afc west every year...

DomCasual
03-01-2007, 05:07 PM
That you're full of shit like most Bronco fans? Yes.

:)

DomCasual
03-01-2007, 05:08 PM
How does or okay to sometimes good teams always manage to go 1-1 agianst your team??? I agree on the Carl part though... The other stuff I could really care less about, I just want them to beat the donks and the other afc west every year...

You have the best home field advantage in football. If it wasn't for that, Carl would be fielding 6-10 teams, rather than your annual 8-8, 9-7, etc.

Valiant
03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
You have the best home field advantage in football. If it wasn't for that, Carl would be fielding 6-10 teams, rather than your annual 8-8, 9-7, etc.

Wow the fans help win 2-3 games a year by themselves... If we are so damn superior why am I responding to you??? :) :) ROFL

BABronco
03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
How does or okay to sometimes good teams always manage to go 1-1 agianst your team??? I agree on the Carl part though... The other stuff I could really care less about, I just want them to beat the donks and the other afc west every year...

Seeing as you didnt say sweep, you'd be happy with a 4-12 season. You said you'd be happy beating the "donks" and the other afc west (im sure you ment to put teams here) every year. And remember "the other stuff I could really care less about". What a sad sad fan base.

DomCasual
03-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Wow the fans help win 2-3 games a year by themselves... If we are so damn superior why am I responding to you??? :) :) ROFL

Are you saying that you don't think a great home field advantage isn't good for 2-3 wins a year?

I'll concede that KC has great fans. That's how Carl gets away with sticking it to you every year. He is judged by the empty seats at Arrowhead. By that measure, he's the best GM in the league, or something.

Valiant
03-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Seeing as you didnt say sweep, you'd be happy with a 4-12 season. You said you'd be happy beating the "donks" and the other afc west (im sure you ment to put teams here) every year. And remember "the other stuff I could really care less about". What a sad sad fan base.

Are you a moron??? Did I say anything about 4-12?? Are you an idiot?? Seems to me you ASSumed something... I was talking about you guys cheating with the cap and slicked jerseys, go back to your daydreams and stay off the football board with the adults...

Valiant
03-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Are you saying that you don't think a great home field advantage isn't good for 2-3 wins a year?

I'll concede that KC has great fans. That's how Carl gets away with sticking it to you every year. He is judged by the empty seats at Arrowhead. By that measure, he's the best GM in the league, or something.

Sorry but filling a stadium full of yelling fans does not guarantee victories.. Good teams do, Oakland and Detroit were 92% to capicity all of last year... Arizona sold out every game, how did those teams do??

KC fans are awesome and would be even more ravenous if the team and Carl tried as hard as they did, but the bottom line is fans do not win 2-3 games a year... Now one game a year with a falsestart at the end or regulation I will give you, but 2-3 games a year is laughable...

Ebolapox
03-01-2007, 09:20 PM

:sulk:

I wish what he was saying wasn't true

but the realist in me says he's more right than wrong

when's gonna be our time, lord, when?!?

manchambo
03-01-2007, 11:34 PM
:sulk:

I wish what he was saying wasn't true

but the realist in me says he's more right than wrong

when's gonna be our time, lord, when?!?

Within the next 5 years. All you have to do is what the secret dark places in your heart have yearned to do for lo these many years: buy you a number 7 jersey and join the party.

DomCasual
03-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Sorry but filling a stadium full of yelling fans does not guarantee victories.. Good teams do, Oakland and Detroit were 92% to capicity all of last year... Arizona sold out every game, how did those teams do??

KC fans are awesome and would be even more ravenous if the team and Carl tried as hard as they did, but the bottom line is fans do not win 2-3 games a year... Now one game a year with a falsestart at the end or regulation I will give you, but 2-3 games a year is laughable...

It's a subjective argument, but I completely disagree with you. The Broncos have lost to KC in KC when they've (the Broncos) been a far superior team. They get there usually in December crappy weather; it's usually an early game for them; the crowd is completely insane. You're mistaken if you don't think that counts for a whole lot.

Look at the opposite side of the spectrum. Do you think anyone fears going into Tempe to play the Cardinals? What about the Chargers, before their bandwagon fans started jumping back on? It was like a home game every time the Broncos played there - seriously, there were consistently more Broncos fans than Chargers fans.

All else being equal, there is a HUGE swing between playing in a place like Kansas City or Denver (at least when it was Mile High Stadium) and a place like Arizona. Say Kansas City and Arizona play a 16 game season, exclusively against each other. They are, theoretically, perfectly matched in every way. I would bet KC goes 7-1 at home and 3-5 or 4-4 on the road - thus, a two or three game swing.

DomCasual
03-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Within the next 5 years. All you have to do is what the secret dark places in your heart have yearned to do for lo these many years: buy you a number 7 jersey and join the party.

Quoted for truth.

Florida_Bronco
03-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Bly is one of the most overrated corners in the league. It'll be interesting to see who the Broncos find to replace Bell.

If he was signed by the Chiefs, you wouldn't be able to start blowing him fast enough. You are simply being pissy because the Broncos are making a serious movement to improve their team while the Chiefs are doing nothing even as their best defensive and offensive players are looking for trades, the later as a result of the team veterans wanting him off the team.

beer bacon
03-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Gosh, Bob - a few months away from the Mane has made you an angry elf. Your buttons have always been easy to push, though - good to see that hasn't changed.

As for last year, your playoff appearance bought you a lower draft pick. Otherwise, it turned out about the same. Sure, I wanted us to get into the playoffs - mainly to get Cutler the experience. But we weren't going anywhere once we got there - it was apparent early in the season that we were a flawed team.

Say what you want about my post. Most people here know deep down inside that it is truth - whether they'll admit it or not.

It was apparent during the regular season that the Colts' defense was a sieve that was not anything close to Super Bowl quality. How did that turn out?

Douche Baggins
03-02-2007, 12:44 AM
If he was signed by the Chiefs, you wouldn't be able to start blowing him fast enough. You are simply being pissy because the Broncos are making a serious movement to improve their team

LMAO

You're comical.

This is just another in a long line of desperation moves by Shanahan. What is it now, three offseasons in a row with a big trade? What has it netted Denver? One playoff win?

Shanahan would be better off not blowing first and second rounders in the future. BTW, the Chiefs are probably going to unload two aging veterans in a trade here pretty soon (Green and Bell) that is basically highway robbery. They're doing plenty to get better.

Oh, and I also wouldn't want Bly anywhere near my team. I don't like short corners, and he's a horrid fit in a Cover 2, the reason Detroit is dumping him. He's a solid player, but you guys would be better off trading for D-line help (your biggest need) and starting Foxworth.

Valiant
03-02-2007, 12:57 AM
It's a subjective argument, but I completely disagree with you. The Broncos have lost to KC in KC when they've (the Broncos) been a far superior team. They get there usually in December crappy weather; it's usually an early game for them; the crowd is completely insane. You're mistaken if you don't think that counts for a whole lot.

Look at the opposite side of the spectrum. Do you think anyone fears going into Tempe to play the Cardinals? What about the Chargers, before their bandwagon fans started jumping back on? It was like a home game every time the Broncos played there - seriously, there were consistently more Broncos fans than Chargers fans.

All else being equal, there is a HUGE swing between playing in a place like Kansas City or Denver (at least when it was Mile High Stadium) and a place like Arizona. Say Kansas City and Arizona play a 16 game season, exclusively against each other. They are, theoretically, perfectly matched in every way. I would bet KC goes 7-1 at home and 3-5 or 4-4 on the road - thus, a two or three game swing.

The Chiefs would win because they are the superior team of the two, that is a totally flawed logic saying the fans themselves win 2-3 games a year.. We will used the Skins instead, they are over 100% capacity every game of up to 85k skins fans, they still suck even though they pack the stadium and scream there heads off... Why???? Cause there team is shit and plays like crap...

Hell, the Giants had a better record on the road then at home and they were practically 100% capacity... Where is your reasoning there???

The bottom line is how good or bad the teams really are... This is why are rivalry is so much fun, we have been well matched for the last 15 years... And you can disagree all you want, theres that 'whole lead a horse to water thing' going on for you... :)

Valiant
03-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Hehe.. What was Denvers home vs. away record this past season by chance??? Damn donk fans, can't even cheer correctly to beat the niners...

Florida_Bronco
03-03-2007, 02:48 AM
LMAO

You're comical.

This is just another in a long line of desperation moves by Shanahan. What is it now, three offseasons in a row with a big trade? What has it netted Denver? One playoff win?

Shanahan would be better off not blowing first and second rounders in the future. BTW, the Chiefs are probably going to unload two aging veterans in a trade here pretty soon (Green and Bell) that is basically highway robbery. They're doing plenty to get better.

Oh, and I also wouldn't want Bly anywhere near my team. I don't like short corners, and he's a horrid fit in a Cover 2, the reason Detroit is dumping him. He's a solid player, but you guys would be better off trading for D-line help (your biggest need) and starting Foxworth.

Desperation move? We get a solid, proven corner to play opposite the greatest cornerback in recent NFL history, and somehow it's a bad move? You also demonstrate your lack of football knowledge, because Bates does not run a Cover 2 defense. Oh, and Shanny's first round pick from last year is going to be ****ing up the Chiefs _efense for the next 10+ years and you've made it well known that you would kill to have Jay Cutler. D-line is definetly a need, but every insider source on the Mane has us going D-line in the 1st round of the draft.

You know you'd give your left nut to have Carl Peterson be as commited to making the Chiefs better as Shanny/Bowlen are to making the Broncos better. You say the Chiefs are doing plenty to improve the team, why don't you explain what they are doing? While the Broncos are out making offers to some of the best players in FA, the Chiefs are sitting on their asses trying to keep LJ and Allen from leaving the team.

Guru
03-03-2007, 02:52 AM
Desperation move? We get a solid, proven corner to play opposite the greatest cornerback in recent NFL history, and somehow it's a bad move? You also demonstrate your lack of football knowledge, because Bates does not run a Cover 2 defense. Oh, and Shanny's first round pick from last year is going to be ****ing up the Chiefs _efense for the next 10+ years and you've made it well known that you would kill to have Jay Cutler. D-line is definetly a need, but every insider source on the Mane has us going D-line in the 1st round of the draft.

You know you'd give your left nut to have Carl Peterson be as commited to making the Chiefs better as Shanny/Bowlen are to making the Broncos better. You say the Chiefs are doing plenty to improve the team, why don't you explain what they are doing? While the Broncos are out making offers to some of the best players in FA, the Chiefs are sitting on their asses trying to keep LJ and Allen from leaving the team.
Damn. I can't argue with one bit of what you have said.

Florida_Bronco
03-03-2007, 03:04 AM
Damn. I can't argue with one bit of what you have said.

The Chiefs will be much better off when they get rid of Carl Peterson, he is literally holding the Chiefs franschise down. I'd venture a guess that without CP, the Chiefs would have made a serious Super Bowl push in the last 15 years.

Guru
03-03-2007, 03:06 AM
The Chiefs will be much better off when they get rid of Carl Peterson, he is literally holding the Chiefs franschise down. I'd venture a guess that with CP, the Chiefs would have made a serious Super Bowl push in the last 15 years.
I would give anything to have Carl gone. Well, almost anything.

Taco John
03-03-2007, 03:31 AM
I just want them to beat the donks and the other afc west every year...

And we just want to win the Superbowl.