at Denver Broncos L
San Francisco 49ers W
at Arizona Cardinals W
at Pittsburgh Steelers L
San Diego Chargers W
Seattle Seahawks W
at St. Louis Rams W
at Miami Dolphins L

Four out of his 5 wins came against the nfc west. A football team that can't beat San Fran, Arizona (with a rookie QB starting his first game), Seattle (without Hasselbeck and Sean Alexander), and St. Louis (with their porous run defense), probably isn't gonna be able to beat anybody. Huard got shellacked by 3 out of the 4 teams that he faced that had any semblance of a defense.

Now let's look at Trent's schedule:

Oakland Raiders W
Denver Broncos W
at Cleveland Browns L
Baltimore Ravens L
at San Diego Chargers L
at Oakland Raiders W
Jacksonville Jaguars W

Other than Cleveland where he lit it up for 300 + yards and 3 (or was it 4?) touchdowns, all the teams he faced had top-ranked defenses. Huard had a much, much easier schedule.

I honestly think Herm would rather have a shitty QB so he won't have to defend why his offense sucks so bad,....afterall, if you inherit a 4000 yard passer with a 90 QB rating and he can't break a passer rating of 50 in your offense that looks bad on you as head football coach. Bottom line.....Getting rid of Trent will probably be as bad as getting rid of Donnie Edwards and Scott Fujita. So what if he's only around for another year? A 4th or 5th round pick (or whatever you get for him) still isnt' gonna make as much of a difference in wins and losses over an entire career as Trent can make in one year.

This football team isn't missing so many pieces that it can't be ultra competitive next year with a decent starting QB. The NFC west isn't the entire NFL and Huard is not that QB.

Chiefnj
03-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Do you really think Trent wants to play for Herm and that crappy OL?? It's best for both parties to split and move on.

NewChief
03-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Do you really think Trent wants to play for Herm and that crappy OL?? It's best for both parties to split and move on.

I think Trent really wanted to finish his career as a Chief and not have to leave Kansas City. That being said, I don't think Trent feels like he's done with football or that football's done with him.

suds79
03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey cut it any way you want but Damon Huard nor Trent Green could control who they played. They just had to go do it.

Bottom line, Huard vs a dazed Trent Green wasn't even close.

Nobody is suggesting that Damon is better than Trent in his prime.

Trent Green is not the same guy he was a couple years ago. He's getting older. It happens. I'd rather say goodbye sooner rather than later when the train really comes off the tracks.

If we get anything for Trent, I'd be happy. It'll be better than nothing. You never know what a mid round pick could do for you. Just look at the production Jared Allen has given us.

In the end, Trent is on his way out and it's Damon & Brodie. So we might as well start to support these guys.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 12:10 PM
You can't play the way Trent did vs. Indianapolis and stay on this team.

End of the story.

Huard is a stop-gap. He's safe. He's humble. He doesn't toss careless interceptions and he'll be better at keeping defenses humble.

I own a Trent Green jersey, and I'll wear it at Arrowhead next year. But his time as a Chief is over.

I hope he comes back when he retires, though. He could be an awesome coach.

chagrin
03-01-2007, 12:32 PM

End of the story.

Not quite, The god pitiful play calling lost that game, Trent didn't.

the Talking Can
03-01-2007, 12:32 PM
the franchise goal should be to lose as much as possible next year....anything else is CP-ism at its worst....no more patching holes "for a run"..."our window isn't shut"...my we we hurts

Wile_E_Coyote
03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Trent could have a future in politics(not a slam). Would not wish that on any one though

KCCHIEFS27
03-01-2007, 12:36 PM
trade trent for either lineman (O or D), maybe some receivers or draft picks..quite frankly, i don't care..but then pick up Jeff Garcia..we never throw the ball too far downfield most of the time, so that fits his style, plus he is way more useful on his legs with a crappy o-line than what trent or huard was.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Sorry but Trent gave the OC all the help he needed to screw up the game. He played poorly.

Brian Waters stepped on the guy's foot. Green's literally lost a step, and it's a very significant step that will do more harm than good.

Brock
03-01-2007, 12:53 PM

His play vs. Indy has nothing to do with anything.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 12:55 PM
His play vs. Indy has nothing to do with anything.
So let's say Green plays the way he plays in the regular season, but returns to form against the Colts. Threads some needles, catches the Colts secondary unaware, scrambles for first downs, etc.

Are you saying we'd take Huard over him in 2007 if that happened?

Reaper16
03-01-2007, 12:55 PM
the franchise goal should be to lose as much as possible next year....anything else is CP-ism at its worst....no more patching holes "for a run"..."our window isn't shut"...my we we hurts
Exactly. I certainly don't care which QB can win more.

Brock
03-01-2007, 01:02 PM
So let's say Green plays the way he plays in the regular season, but returns to form against the Colts. Threads some needles, catches the Colts secondary unaware, scrambles for first downs, etc.

The Chiefs receivers all sucked in that game. You can't put any value on that performance by Green at all. This potential move is strictly because of his age and salary.

Raiderhader
03-01-2007, 01:09 PM

End of the story.

You are a f#cking tool. If you are basing your opinion on the performance of that one game, The entire offense needs to be shown the door, and there are plenty of guys that would be kicked to the curb before they got around to calling Green's number, because he was one of the better offensive performers in that game. His line sucked balls. His receivers sucked balls (instead of catching them). His running backs sucked balls. His coaches sucked balls. But oh no, we want to blame it all on Trent.

Moron.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 01:11 PM
The Chiefs receivers all sucked in that game. You can't put any value on that performance by Green at all. This potential move is strictly because of his age and salary.
I agree the receivers did their part as well. And let's not forget the pass protection.

But you can't strip Trent of blame. I'll eat my words if I go to the Indy game thread and you're not there chanting for Huard along with everybody else, but Trent is completely responsible for at least us losing an opportunity at a touchdown after the first Law interception.

But he didn't look downfield, even with his eyes, until it was too late. He was telegraphing his passes. And his short passes weren't exactly firm tosses to begin with.

I hated the way Trent played that game. But you're telling me that every player on that offense was an embarrassment that game, except for Trent?

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 01:13 PM
You are a f#cking tool. If you are basing your opinion on the performance of that one game, The entire offense needs to be shown the door, and there are plenty of guys that would be kicked to the curb before they got around to calling Green's number, because he was one of the better offensive performers in that game.
I don't want to blame it all on Trent, but you have to step up as a leader, not down, when the games get big.

The entire offense looked lacksidaisical and you blame the leader for that primarily.

And you're right, that's why I'm also calling for new receivers. New tackles. New interior lineman. A new running back to back up LJ.

I'm a Chiefs fan and I'm sick of us sucking when the games get big. Post-concussion Trent is one of the guys that needs to go, and that's why.

Brock
03-01-2007, 01:15 PM
I'll eat my words if I go to the Indy game thread and you're not there chanting for Huard along with everybody else

Want some ketchup?

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Want some ketchup?
What degree of blame are you willing to put on the "undisputed leader" of the offense for a terrible offensive performance in the biggest game of the year?

Brock
03-01-2007, 01:21 PM
What degree of blame are you willing to put on the "undisputed leader" of the offense for a terrible offensive performance in the biggest game of the year?

I don't blame him at all for that game.

Raiderhader
03-01-2007, 01:24 PM

The correct degree. Coaches put him in a bad position by placing him in obvious passing situations. The line wouldn't/couldn't block for him. The receivers were dropping passes that hit their hands. Sure, he made some mistakes, but look at all that he was asked to overcome. He was hardly the problem in that game.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't blame him at all for that game.
We're down two scores in the fourth quarter and we're just strolling up to the line of scrimmage like it's preseason.

He couldn't inspire his own teammates to up their game or their intensity, despite the fact he's been the undisputed leader of that team for six years.

It has to be because he didn't try to. The veterans were clamoring for Green to return after his injury because he's the guy. He says five words, the offensive intensity changes. But I didn't see the fire in his eyes, I didn't see the slightest hints of leadership, and I didn't see a competent quarterback.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 01:30 PM
The correct degree.
That's a stupid answer, and you're a stupid person.

For whatever reason, the Chiefs never woke up when Green was in the game when he came back from his injury. They were awake when Huard came in, but they don't step up under Green.

Like I said, we have to replace a lot of positions on offense, but if you can't get your teammates into the game, and you can't execute in the slightest degree, you're not going to get it done.

Listen I am a huge Trent Green fan. Outside of Will Shields nobody comes close to him in terms of talent and class. But the concussion changed the player he was, this offense has his talents neutered, and he can't adjust. The Indy game proved all of this.

But if he steps up and makes things happen in Indy, we're looking at him being the surefire starter in 2007.

Raiderhader
03-01-2007, 01:31 PM
We're down two scores in the fourth quarter and we're just strolling up to the line of scrimmage like it's preseason.

He couldn't inspire his own teammates to up their game or their intensity, despite the fact he's been the undisputed leader of that team for six years.

It has to be because he didn't try to. The veterans were clamoring for Green to return after his injury because he's the guy. He says five words, the offensive intensity changes. But I didn't see the fire in his eyes, I didn't see the slightest hints of leadership, and I didn't see a competent quarterback.

Three thoughts on this:

1) That offense has always been rather nonchalant in pressure situations, I've always assumed it was because they were of the frame of mind that they had been there done that before and knew they were going to do it again. "Eh, here we go again."

2) You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. We have no idea what Green did or did not say to his team mates in the huddle or on the side lines. For all we know they just were not responsive.

3) WHY THE F#CK should he need to inspire them in that game in the first place? It was a playoff game, if'n you ain't inspired in the first place, you ain't got no business being there, let alone winning.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Three thoughts on this:

1) That offense has always been rather nonchalant in pressure situations, I've always assumed it was because they were of the frame of mind that they had been there done that before and knew they were going to do it again. "Eh, here we go again."

2) You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. We have no idea what Green did or did not say to his team mates in the huddle or on the side lines. For all we know they just were not responsive.

3) WHY THE F#CK should he need to inspire them in that game in the first place? It was a playoff game, if'n you ain't inspired in the first place, you ain't got no business being there, let alone winning.
Except for the first, I think these are fair points.

You shouldn't have to get your team up for a playoff game, and you can't make them care. Thus another reason I say this offense needs to be revamped.

But Trent was a part of that. He himself was reading the newspaper between downs. You can't have a quarterback with zero intensity. I know not every QB is Tom Brady but that guy gets it done by playing well, by being intense, and getting his teammates intense. Green was the complete opposite end of the spectrum against Indy, and it may have cost him his home in KC.

Raiderhader
03-01-2007, 01:36 PM
That's a stupid answer, and you're a stupid person.

For whatever reason, the Chiefs never woke up when Green was in the game when he came back from his injury. They were awake when Huard came in, but they don't step up under Green.

Like I said, we have to replace a lot of positions on offense, but if you can't get your teammates into the game, and you can't execute in the slightest degree, you're not going to get it done.

Listen I am a huge Trent Green fan. Outside of Will Shields nobody comes close to him in terms of talent and class. But the concussion changed the player he was, this offense has his talents neutered, and he can't adjust. The Indy game proved all of this.

But if he steps up and makes things happen in Indy, we're looking at him being the surefire starter in 2007.

WTF is so stupid about that answer? The fact that you don't agree with the degree of blame I place on the man?

Yeah, the Chiefs NEVER woke up under Green. No last minute heroics against Oakland or Denver, nor an awesome offensive performance in Cleveland. Those things never happened, everyone here simply imagined them. You Huardbackers are still ignoring facts, even after the season has ended. It is at one time comicical and pitiful.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 01:39 PM
WTF is so stupid about that answer? The fact that you don't agree with the degree of blame I place on the man?
Gee, how could I disagree with such a brilliant answer as "the correct degree"?

I'll have it known that I backed Green for the starting position all the way up until the second half of the Indy game. I don't have a vendetta against the guy, and I don't have a super-hardon for Huard.

Raiderhader
03-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Except for the first, I think these are fair points.

You shouldn't have to get your team up for a playoff game, and you can't make them care. Thus another reason I say this offense needs to be revamped.

But Trent was a part of that. He himself was reading the newspaper between downs. You can't have a quarterback with zero intensity. I know not every QB is Tom Brady but that guy gets it done by playing well, by being intense, and getting his teammates intense. Green was the complete opposite end of the spectrum against Indy, and it may have cost him his home in KC.

You obviously live in a completely different universe. Trent was the only player on offense who showed any intensity that game.

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 01:40 PM
You obviously live in a completely different universe. Trent was the only player on offense who showed any intensity that game.
I must.

Fruit Ninja
03-01-2007, 01:44 PM

Bottom line it didnt happen. He's geting older, it never going to happen for him again. Trent is done. He has a wet noodle for an arm. his desicion making has been horrible. He started to fold under pressure making horrible throws. Its just time for him to move on. I am not saying Huard is the answer, but Trent isnt the answer either. right now he's just a 9.2 million problem.

Raiderhader
03-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Gee, how could I disagree with such a brilliant answer as "the correct degree"?

Yeah, that was the end of my response. I didn't like, you know, go on in the post to name the groups of people that were more deserving of blame than Green, to show what I believed the degree to be. I'll have to remember to do that next time. :rolleyes:

Direckshun
03-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Bottom line it didnt happen. He's geting older, it never going to happen for him again. Trent is done. He has a wet noodle for an arm. his desicion making has been horrible. He started to fold under pressure making horrible throws. Its just time for him to move on. I am not saying Huard is the answer, but Trent isnt the answer either. right now he's just a 9.2 million problem.
Bingo.

htismaqe
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
There really aren't any good reasons to keep EITHER of them, unless they're ready and willing to be backups.

Chief Chief
03-01-2007, 03:04 PM
The Chiefs allegedly are shopping Trent. They're not going to trade him for a handful of beans; they'll only get somebody or something -- i.e., draft pick(s) -- in return which will be of value to the team. If they don't get any offers, or offers they get aren't worth it, they'll give Trent a chance to sign a restructured contract. If he signs, pre-season will provide the answer as to who starts Game 1 of the 2007 regular season. If he doesn't sign, then CP will have to make a tough decision..

Alot of "ifs", but that's the key word this time of year which all NFL teams are wearing out.

HemiEd
03-01-2007, 03:21 PM
I hope he comes back when he retires, though. He could be an awesome coach.

Please repeat after me: Trent Green is never going to be a coach.

ChiefFripp
03-01-2007, 03:24 PM
That and the revolving door know as Casey Weigemann. But yeah, that was the absolute worst playcalling I have seen.

RINGLEADER
03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey cut it any way you want but Damon Huard nor Trent Green could control who they played. They just had to go do it.

Bottom line, Huard vs a dazed Trent Green wasn't even close.

Nobody is suggesting that Damon is better than Trent in his prime.

Trent Green is not the same guy he was a couple years ago. He's getting older. It happens. I'd rather say goodbye sooner rather than later when the train really comes off the tracks.

If we get anything for Trent, I'd be happy. It'll be better than nothing. You never know what a mid round pick could do for you. Just look at the production Jared Allen has given us.

In the end, Trent is on his way out and it's Damon & Brodie. So we might as well start to support these guys.

Very good post.

I'm fine with Damon as QB.

Halfcan
03-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I want Brodie-end of story.

Count Zarth
03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
I'd agree with you if Trent wasn't ancient. It's time to make the change to a younger QB and Huard is the best stopgap. In a perfect world we could dump both.