PDA

View Full Version : Hiking in the KC Area...?

Fish
03-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Anybody know of good hiking locations around KC? Preferably something challenging??

Thanks...

DaneMcCloud
03-01-2007, 10:35 PM
The Kansas City Mountain range is excellent and you should find several challenging trails there.

Phobia
03-01-2007, 10:47 PM
To my 'fridge is pretty scenic and challenging.

Bugeater
03-01-2007, 11:04 PM
If you consider the southeastern tip of Nebraska to be "around" KC, there's this place (http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/parks/guides/parksearch/showpark.asp?Area_No=91).

Fish
03-01-2007, 11:12 PM
If you consider the southeastern tip of Nebraska to be "around" KC, there's this place (http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/parks/guides/parksearch/showpark.asp?Area_No=91).

I've camped at Indian Cave State Park, but I never knew they had 22 miles of hiking trails... and mountain biking.. holy crap... sounds like that would really be worth the drive..

Thanks man...

MOhillbilly
03-02-2007, 07:27 AM
The Kansas City Mountain range is excellent and you should find several challenging trails there.

(internal giggle)

THE WHAT?

NewChief
03-02-2007, 07:51 AM
(internal giggle)

THE WHAT?

Talk about incongruity. MOhillbilly and a giggle.

Anyway, as for hiking. How far are you willing to drive? We're about 3 hours south of you, and we've got tons of hiking around here. Devil's Den, Hobbs Creek, Hickory Branch, Lake Leatherwood, Pea Ridge are all places you could google. Just add Arkansas and hike or trail to any of those, and you should get directions and a description.

Skip Towne
03-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Talk about incongruity. MOhillbilly and a giggle.

Anyway, as for hiking. How far are you willing to drive? We're about 3 hours south of you, and we've got tons of hiking around here. Devil's Den, Hobbs Creek, Hickory Branch, Lake Leatherwood, Pea Ridge are all places you could google. Just add Arkansas and hike or trail to any of those, and you should get directions and a description.
You want him to drive three hours so he can walk?

Redrum_69
03-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Anybody know of good hiking locations around KC? Preferably something challenging??

Thanks...

I hiked up your mom last night!!

NewChief
03-02-2007, 07:58 AM
You want him to drive three hours so he can walk?

He was interested in some place in SE Nebraska that Bugeater suggested, so I though the might be interested in those.

MOhillbilly
03-02-2007, 08:02 AM
gods country from here south till you hit the rivers on either side.

http://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/us_national_forest/mo_mark.htm

Skip Towne
03-02-2007, 08:13 AM
He was interested in some place in SE Nebraska that Bugeater suggested, so I though the might be interested in those.
I always thought hiking was for guys who don't have golf clubs.

NewChief
03-02-2007, 08:36 AM

Probably. I don't have golf clubs, and I don't really want them. I prefer to spend my outdoor time in nature, and I know that if I took up golf I'd probably get hooked and spend all my time on a golf course instead.

MOhillbilly
03-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Probably. I don't have golf clubs, and I don't really want them. I prefer to spend my outdoor time in nature, and I know that if I took up golf I'd probably get hooked and spend all my time on a golf course instead.

its why god made fish and creeks.

Skip Towne
03-02-2007, 08:43 AM
You probably would. Look what happened to Herzig.

Fish
03-02-2007, 09:11 AM

I golf quite a bit... but sometimes I just have to get the hell away from civilization for a while.

Besides... golfing around here can get expensive...

Phobia
03-02-2007, 10:06 AM
I golf quite a bit... but sometimes I just have to get the hell away from civilization for a while.

Besides... golfing around here can get expensive...

I'd like to see your golf clubs sometime Mr. Troyer. ;)

el borracho
03-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Watch out, KC Fish, Phil is hitting on you!

Fish
03-02-2007, 10:19 AM

http://www.supplierlist.com/photo_images/24212/Golf_Game_sports_entertainment_toy.jpg

FYI... these are my Callaways.....

bastard... :p

Chiefs_Fan
03-02-2007, 11:37 AM
East St. Louis can be challenging hike...maybe thats not what you had in mind!

gblowfish
03-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Hike down Troost from around 31st St. to 47th St. around 2am.
That's challenging.

Actually, You could go to Ft. Osage about 25 miles east of KC in Buckner, MO, or go to Lewis & Clark Overlook Park up by Weston, MO.

Stewie
03-02-2007, 12:18 PM
My yard is a great place to hike and I'll throw in a mower for you to push around.

MOhillbilly
03-02-2007, 12:24 PM
My yard is a great place to hike and I'll throw in a mower for you to push around.

push mowers are so 80s.

Phobia
03-02-2007, 12:25 PM

I'll take that deal. What kind of mower is it?