PDA

View Full Version : Agent Zero: "I just like to watch the Gummi Bears on TV"

Ultra Peanut
03-01-2007, 11:25 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/04/sports/playmagazine/04play-arenas.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

I love you, Hibachi.

Sometimes you have to create your own legacy, and that is what I have done. There is no quirkiness about me. I just lash out at things, but its lighthearted. The freak part of me is not that Im going to take 60 pills to get attention. Im not that kind of freak. I just like to watch the Gummi Bears on TV. Im not Ron Artest. Im a character. The things I do, the things I say these are things I sit in my house and think about. I know what Im doing.

L.A. Chieffan
03-01-2007, 11:26 PM
"...bouncing here and there and everywhere."

BWillie
03-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Not a fan of "the player". I will refuse to refer to him by his name or nickname like Parcells did to Owens and other douchebags. No class, all arrogance, and will never be worth a shit. Another 3 for 22 night probably tonight

L.A. Chieffan
03-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Wizards didn't play tonight.

HolmeZz
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Not a fan of "the player". I will refuse to refer to him by his name or nickname like Parcells did to Owens and other douchebags. No class, all arrogance, and will never be worth a shit. Another 3 for 22 night probably tonight

"Arenas is donating $100 for every point he scores in each home game this season (2006-2007) to local D.C. area schools, while team owner Abe Pollin is matching that contribution for each away game. He also mentors a D.C. boy who lost his family in a fire at age 10. Arenas takes him shopping, bowling, got him a job as a ball boy for the Wizards, and acts as brotherly figure toward the boy."

Yeah, no class. ROFL

Arenas is one of the few great things the NBA has got going for it right now.

KevB
03-02-2007, 12:14 AM

WTF are you talking about? That "never be worth a shit" is averaging 29 a game this season. He's struggling with Jamison and Butler out....shocking.

noa
03-02-2007, 12:19 AM
I went to the Wizards game last night and Gilbert went 3-18 from the field. The only reason I wasn't completely disappointed was because the last Wizards game I went to was the one against Portland where he promised to score 50 but ended up scoring nine. I was kicking myself for buying tickets to both games. Gilbert is a great player, but he'll never be one of the best so long as he is so inconsistent.

Pitt Gorilla
03-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Magic and mystery are a part of their history
along with the secret of gummy berry juice.

oaklandhater
03-02-2007, 12:36 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-w4tP6kFuI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-w4tP6kFuI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BWillie
03-02-2007, 12:41 AM
"Arenas is donating $100 for every point he scores in each home game this season (2006-2007) to local D.C. area schools, while team owner Abe Pollin is matching that contribution for each away game. He also mentors a D.C. boy who lost his family in a fire at age 10. Arenas takes him shopping, bowling, got him a job as a ball boy for the Wizards, and acts as brotherly figure toward the boy."

Yeah, no class. ROFL

Arenas is one of the few great things the NBA has got going for it right now.

The NBA requires it's athletes to participate in charity activities. So he donates money to charities,...he's a freakin millionaire. When I heard him say he wanted to go back to school so he could score 74 on Coach K, and how he was going to score this many, and that many points against anybody that was affiliated with team USA with total disregard to actually winning the game..that just makes me sick. Suck it up, and take it like a man. He's not a team player, never would be. His coach even called him out, said Jamison was the leader of the team. I just don't like the guy, and his arrogance.

leviw
03-02-2007, 07:28 AM
The NBA requires it's athletes to participate in charity activities. So he donates money to charities,...he's a freakin millionaire. When I heard him say he wanted to go back to school so he could score 74 on Coach K, and how he was going to score this many, and that many points against anybody that was affiliated with team USA with total disregard to actually winning the game..that just makes me sick. Suck it up, and take it like a man. He's not a team player, never would be. His coach even called him out, said Jamison was the leader of the team. I just don't like the guy, and his arrogance.

...and you obviously don't respect his arrogance, either-- it was 84 on Coach K.

Like him or not, the NBA need characters like him to survive. The individuals, not the teams, are what sells in this league. His teams may win 35 games for the rest of his career, but if he keeps averaging 29 a game and dropping 50-60 every now and again, he'll be a superstar.

eazyb81
03-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Arenas is a stud - definitely one of my three favorite NBA players.

Ultra Peanut
03-02-2007, 08:06 AM
The NBA requires it's athletes to participate in charity activities. So he donates money to charities,...he's a freakin millionaire. When I heard him say he wanted to go back to school so he could score 74 on Coach K, and how he was going to score this many, and that many points against anybody that was affiliated with team USA with total disregard to actually winning the game..that just makes me sick. Suck it up, and take it like a man. He's not a team player, never would be. His coach even called him out, said Jamison was the leader of the team. I just don't like the guy, and his arrogance.Since you're actin' like such a bitch right now, I'll clarify things with a salient excerpt:

Arenas claims he would sacrifice an entire N.B.A. season to play one game against Duke, solely to punish its head coach, Mike Krzyzewski, who, as the head coach for the United States team competing in the world championship last year, cut Arenas from the squad. One college game, he wrote on his blog. Thats five fouls, right? . . . 40-minute game. . . . At Duke, they got soft rims. . . . Id probably score 84 or 85. He also keeps a handwritten list of all 30 players who were drafted ahead of him in 2001; this is so he can methodically cross off their names as they are jettisoned from the league.
. . .
As a business principle, control is what makes the N.B.A. a successful product. But its those rare moments that cannot be controlled that make the game meaningful, and Arenas creates these moments all the time. He is always slightly beyond control, because its impossible to control what you cannot understand.

Here is the last thing Arenas tells me before leaving the locker room: Its like that thing I said about going back to college to score 84 points against Duke. When you really think about it, what does that even mean?

I do not know.

KevB
03-02-2007, 09:17 AM

Washington is in first place in their division, and 5th overall in the East. They have three legit NBA players, and one of those has been out for an extended period. He has to take a lot of shots and score points for that team, or they don't win.

chagrin
03-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Since you're actin' like such a bitch right now, I'll clarify things with a salient excerpt:

Arenas claims he would sacrifice an entire N.B.A. season to play one game against Duke, solely to punish its head coach, Mike Krzyzewski, who, as the head coach for the United States team competing in the world championship last year, cut Arenas from the squad. One college game, he wrote on his blog. Thats five fouls, right? . . . 40-minute game. . . . At Duke, they got soft rims. . . . Id probably score 84 or 85. He also keeps a handwritten list of all 30 players who were drafted ahead of him in 2001; this is so he can methodically cross off their names as they are jettisoned from the league.
. . .
As a business principle, control is what makes the N.B.A. a successful product. But its those rare moments that cannot be controlled that make the game meaningful, and Arenas creates these moments all the time. He is always slightly beyond control, because its impossible to control what you cannot understand.

Here is the last thing Arenas tells me before leaving the locker room: Its like that thing I said about going back to college to score 84 points against Duke. When you really think about it, what does that even mean?

I do not know.

nice

jiveturkey
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
I love this guy.

Dear Mr Hardaway,

My love for Agent Zero is non-gay. Please don't hurt me.