PDA

View Full Version : Wow, even Gretz takes a swipe at LJ

Chiefnj
03-02-2007, 10:44 AM
In his recent article regarding WR's:

WHAT IT ALL MEANS TO THE CHIEFS IN 2007: The presence of tight end Tony Gonzalez and the catching ability of Priest Holmes out of the backfield for the better part of five years, made the void at wide receiver less obvious in the Chiefs offense. Gonzalez has re-signed and will return for the next several years. But Holmes is gone and Larry Johnson has not shown the ability or willingness to become a reliable receiver.

Redrum_69
03-02-2007, 10:46 AM
REPOST

unothadeal
03-02-2007, 10:46 AM
But it's true.

MichaelH
03-02-2007, 11:16 AM
It is true. He can't catch. And he can't block too well. But boy can he run. With speed and power. None of the Chiefs WR's can do that. Some of the Chiefs WR's can't even catch as well.

penchief
03-02-2007, 11:19 AM
It is true. He can't catch. And he can't block too well. But boy can he run. With speed and power. None of the Chiefs WR's can do that. Some of the Chiefs WR's can't even catch as well.

LJ CAN catch the ball. I'll agree that he hasn't had much chance and he hasn't made the most of his chances but he can be very effective out of the backfield.

NewChief
03-02-2007, 11:22 AM
LJ CAN catch the ball. I'll agree that he hasn't had much chance and he hasn't made the most of his chances but he can be very effective out of the backfield.

You're right. LJ CAN catch the ball. The problem is that he doesn't. He doesn't run his routes worth a shit. He has no quickness or urgency in them. He doesn't snap his head around to look for the ball. He basically dogs it on anything that has to do with passing.

Sometime watch LJ run his routes on our game film. Then look at the way he ran his routes at the Pro Bowl. The difference is astounding.

el borracho
03-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Hard to catch when the ball bounces at your feet.

Demonpenz
03-02-2007, 11:26 AM
hard to catch when fujita is blowing past you

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Hard to catch with a gun in your jockstrap.

Fruit Ninja
03-02-2007, 11:29 AM
He really dogged that run against oakland where becuase of his catching avoided a loss to the Raiders. Remmeber the gaming winning dive? he's nto the best receiver, but he can catch and run. He has a problem with trying to run before he catches the ball. Thats usually the problem with his drops. Its not becuase he cant catch, hes looking to run before he actually has it secured, that will get better as he plays. I bet he doesnt nearly drop as many balls this year. Hell remember when tiki Barber had the fumbles? he fumbed alot. As he gained some experience he learned to hold on to the ball better.

NewChief
03-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Hard to catch with a gun in your jockstrap.

Yo man. That's the way ya gotta roll when you're a middle class black man growin' up in tha 'burbs.

Demonpenz
03-02-2007, 11:30 AM
do any of the players still where a jock? I know most don't wear any leg pads at all (crazy) From what I have seen most of them just were sliding shorts like tight nylon boxers.

NewChief
03-02-2007, 11:31 AM
do any of the players still where a jock? I know most don't wear any leg pads at all (crazy) From what I have seen most of them just were sliding shorts like tight nylon boxers.

No one wears a cup, no. They might wear jocks, but no cups.

FringeNC
03-02-2007, 11:44 AM
I think his pass blocking is worse than his receiving. It is a big deal when your supposed best player has to come out of the game on obvious passing situations.

I'm surprised Gretz mentioned it, because I assumed LJ was Carl's boy.

Still, my guess is that Carl gives LJ a huge contract. Carl's time horizon isn't very long, and he won't care if it blows up down the line.

Carl's moves thus far are, surpise surpise, very suspect. We did we resign Gonzo to a huge contract if we are getting rid of the old guys on offense?

ILChief
03-02-2007, 01:18 PM
In his recent article regarding WR's:

WHAT IT ALL MEANS TO THE CHIEFS IN 2007: The presence of tight end Tony Gonzalez and the catching ability of Priest Holmes out of the backfield for the better part of five years, made the void at wide receiver less obvious in the Chiefs offense. Gonzalez has re-signed and will return for the next several years. But Holmes is gone and Larry Johnson has not shown the ability or willingness to become a reliable receiver.

Maybe if Green would stop throwing at this feet, he could catch the ball

Hog Rider
03-02-2007, 01:51 PM
With Boomer at fullback, we'll have another good go-to receiver out of the backfield.

You mark my word young fellars!

KCTitus
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM
wait...Holmes is gone?