PDA

View Full Version : Dante Hall & Greg Wesley to be traded ?

ROYC75
03-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Got this from the Trent Green article ......... Donnie Edwards to visit KC ?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvvExrNmsDwSKtypXUCUWllDubYF?slug=jc-green030107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Kansas City Chiefs veteran quarterback Trent Green is expected to meet with team president Carl Peterson sometime in the next three or four days to decide Green's future with the club, agent Jim Steiner said Thursday night.

"They're going to address the situation," Steiner said. "Trent and Carl have a very close relationship and they need to discuss the situation."

Peterson is currently out of town and couldn't be reached for comment. However, a Chiefs source said last week at the NFL scouting combine that Green will be asked to take a cut in pay from his $7.5 million base salary next season. In addition, Green is expected to be challenged for the starting job by second-year quarterback Brodie Croyle, who the Chiefs took in the third round of last year's NFL draft.

Earlier this week, the Chiefs signed veteran backup Damon Huard to a three-year extension. Huard played impressively during the season when Green missed eight games because of a concussion. Huard threw 10 touchdowns and only one interception while Green was out.

Huard, 33, is still considered primarily a career backup. With Croyle, the Chiefs see potential for a starter and expect Croyle to take the job by 2008, at the latest.

ADVERTISEMENT
That leaves the 36-year-old Green in a problematic spot. He can try to stay with the Chiefs and hold the starting job for another year. Or he can ask to be traded or released. Green struggled this season after coming back, throwing just three touchdown passes and six interceptions in the final four games.

Coming into the 2006 season, Green had averaged 23 touchdowns, 13 interceptions and more than 4,000 yards passing in the previous four campaigns. However, he threw seven touchdowns and nine interceptions in eight games last season. The Chiefs' offense also struggled in a playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts and Green was part of the problem, botching a snap that cost the Chiefs a score early in the game and throwing the ball away early on several occasions.

Both the Miami Dolphins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers have quietly expressed interest in Green. Green was coached by Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron with the Washington Redskins in 1995 and 1996. The two still have a close relationship and the Dolphins are concerned about the future of quarterback Daunte Culpepper in his return from knee surgery.

As for Tampa Bay, Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden prefers working with veteran quarterbacks. He helped Rich Gannon in Oakland and then won a Super Bowl in Tampa Bay with Brad Johnson as his starter.

Regardless of what choice Green makes, he will likely have to accept a pay cut. The bigger issue is whether Green wants to beat the curve on getting to a new team and perhaps starting for another two years elsewhere.

The Chiefs are hoping to get younger, particularly on defense. Aside from Green, the team is expected to shop return man Dante Hall and safety Greg Wesley in hopes of acquiring extra picks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Early-free-agency-movement;_ylt=AiZpMtVUjPsyCveGo4uWru1DubYF?urn=nfl,25619

Donnie Edwards: The former San Diego Chargers linebacker, an 11-year veteran, was in talks with both the New Orleans Saints and Kansas City Chiefs, said a source. Edwards, who has had more than 100 tackles in each of the past 10 years and has missed only one game in that stretch, will not re-sign with the Chargers after having a falling out with management over his contract last season.

Edwards began his career in 1996 with Kansas City after being taken in the fourth round. He was traded to San Diego in 2002. Since joining the Chargers, Edwards has had no fewer than 129 tackles in a season and has topped the 140 mark in each of the past four seasons. --

Jason Cole is a national NFL writer for Yahoo! Sports. Send Jason a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 04:48 PM
God I hope so.

unothadeal
03-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please...

Mr. Laz
03-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Peterson is currently out of town and couldn't be reached for comment.

peterson is such a doofus ..... dude intentionally leaves town every year, during the 1st week of free agency, so he doesn't have to do his job.

i mean WTF .... that's enough to get 90% of the working people in this world fired all by itself.

Sure-Oz
03-02-2007, 04:50 PM
wtf value do wesley and dante hall really have? 6th rounders?

Mecca
03-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Good...although I doubt we can get much of anything for them.

Woodrow Call
03-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I think a team in desperate need of safety might bite on Wesley. I can't see any team giving up something Hall.

SNR
03-02-2007, 04:53 PM
You're forgetting the Redskins are out there. Anything is possible with Snyder.

We could put Hall, Wesley, Bell, and Hicks together in one package for Washington's first rounder because Snyder would point to previous successful seasons those players have had.

John_Wayne
03-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Trade Wesley. Keep Dante. With blocking, he's still one of the best.

Dicky McElephant
03-02-2007, 04:57 PM
You're forgetting the Redskins are out there. Anything is possible with Snyder.

We could put Hall, Wesley, Bell, and Hicks together in one package for Washington's first rounder because Snyder would point to previous successful seasons those players have had.

Only if he takes Sims as well.

BigChiefFan
03-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I remember mentioning these players just last week as trade bait and most laughed it off. Looks more like there was something to this.

ROYC75
03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Early-free-agency-movement;_ylt=AiZpMtVUjPsyCveGo4uWru1DubYF?urn=nfl,25619

Yahoo sports also claims Donnie Edwards coming to KC for a visit ......

Donnie Edwards: The former San Diego Chargers linebacker, an 11-year veteran, was in talks with both the New Orleans Saints and Kansas City Chiefs, said a source. Edwards, who has had more than 100 tackles in each of the past 10 years and has missed only one game in that stretch, will not re-sign with the Chargers after having a falling out with management over his contract last season.

Edwards began his career in 1996 with Kansas City after being taken in the fourth round. He was traded to San Diego in 2002. Since joining the Chargers, Edwards has had no fewer than 129 tackles in a season and has topped the 140 mark in each of the past four seasons. -- Jason Cole

NFL16
03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Sounds good, just depends on what we get in return.

BTW, this is kinda off-topic I saw Greg Wesley working out at Lifetime fitness a couple days ago.

John_Wayne
03-02-2007, 05:08 PM
What can we get for Wesley? Not much is what I'd assume.

unothadeal
03-02-2007, 05:10 PM
The Pats need some DB's

Halfcan
03-02-2007, 05:11 PM
I hope Dante retires in a Chiefs uniform-after he breaks every special teams record that is.

He got shit for help in blocking last year.

Halfcan
03-02-2007, 05:12 PM
I alwasy liked Donnie Edwards-but he is just too old now.

Zebedee DuBois
03-02-2007, 05:15 PM

Even if we only get some later day picks, those picks can then be packaged and traded to help us move up in earlier rounds.

|Zach|
03-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I hope Dante retires in a Chiefs uniform-after he breaks every special teams record that is.

I am so tired of his act. Go fall down and throw the ball on the ground somewhere else.

Woodrow Call
03-02-2007, 05:16 PM

Yahoo sports also claims Donnie Edwards coming to KC for a visit ......

Edwards began his career in 1996 with Kansas City after being taken in the fourth round. He was traded to San Diego in 2002. Since joining the Chargers, Edwards has had no fewer than 129 tackles in a season and has topped the 140 mark in each of the past four seasons. -- Jason Cole

I'd prefer I younger option but the Chiefs need a MLB period. I think he still has 2-3 good years left him.

Woodrow Call
03-02-2007, 05:17 PM
I am so tired of his act. Go fall down and throw the ball on the ground somewhere else.

I feel the same way.

|Zach|
03-02-2007, 05:17 PM
I'd prefer I younger option but the Chiefs need a MLB period. I think he still has 2-3 good years left him.
The Chiefs have a MLB that is quite good. What they don't have is an interior defensive line that can give him support.

unothadeal
03-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Has there ever been a penalty called on that? Every time I see him do that I hold my breath

Halfcan
03-02-2007, 05:21 PM

I agree it was hard to support him with the fumbles and such. Other players like Simms have NEVER gave anything to this team and yet get chance after chance. I think Dante deserves at least the opportunity to turn it around-he has earned that.

GWes has worn out his welcome though.

CoMoChief
03-02-2007, 05:22 PM
The Chiefs have a MLB that is quite good. What they don't have is an interior defensive line that can give him support.

Mitchell is great at missing tackles.

|Zach|
03-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I agree it was hard to support him with the fumbles and such. Other players like Simms have NEVER gave anything to this team and yet get chance after chance. I think Dante deserves at least the opportunity to turn it around-he has earned that.

GWes has worn out his welcome though.
I agree overall...I feel like last year was that year...

PinkFloyd
03-02-2007, 05:29 PM
What can we get for Wesley? Not much is what I'd assume.

Maybe a cheeseburger and a small fry...

crazycoffey
03-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Maybe a cheeseburger and a small fry...

no cheese that's over the top

PinkFloyd
03-02-2007, 05:37 PM
no cheese that's over the top

I was about to say without ketchup and mustard...

jynni
03-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Are they planning on trading the whole team?

PinkFloyd
03-02-2007, 05:43 PM

Yes... We get the first 50 picks in the draft...

That would be sweet...

CosmicPal
03-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Yes... We get the first 50 picks in the draft...

That would be sweet...

I don't think even Snyder himself could afford that.

PinkFloyd
03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't think even Snyder himself could afford that.

Carl could use Arrowhead as collateral...

HemiEd
03-02-2007, 05:55 PM
With a title like that, this is a lock to hid a 100. It can only be a dream, we could not possibly get that lucky.

Extra Point
03-02-2007, 06:02 PM

When he wasn't following the wedge.

nychief
03-02-2007, 06:11 PM
picks picks picks picks picks

Mr. Laz
03-02-2007, 06:17 PM
we haven't traded ANYONE yet.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:00 PM
we haven't traded ANYONE yet.

Carl took a vacation so that he wouldn't have to deal with it.

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Carl took a vacation so that he wouldn't have to deal with it.

Un****ing real. Every team is out there working on getting better and our piece of shit gm is on vacation?

I hope his thumb stays in his worthless ass.

Okay feel better now, mixing another drink...

We should be dumping and working on getting better and younger.. maybe a trade or something? But doing nothing? WTF?

Mecca
03-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Carl seems to always be on vacation at the least opportune time......but then again he doesn't do much of anything anymore. Denny Thume does most of the contracts these days.

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Carl seems to always be on vacation at the least opportune time......but then again he doesn't do much of anything anymore. Denny Thume does most of the contracts these days.

Athan actually said something like this to me just a few minutes ago. Scary.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Denny Thum does most of the contracts these days.

Quoted for EMPHASIS.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Athan actually said something like this to me just a few minutes ago. Scary.

What's really scary is that the people that bitch that Carl can't evaluate free agent talent are the SAME people that bitch when he goes on vacation and let's someone else evaluate free agents.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah it seems Peterson is more of the one to take the blame and glory, that is basically his job it seems.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah it seems Peterson is more of the one to take the blame and glory, that is basically his job it seems.

He is the CEO of the company.

Direckshun
03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Man, Donnie Edwards on the decline is still better than 80% of the linebackers out there.

Donnie's still got at least two great years in him, and probably a couple more okay ones after that.

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Regardless, this just shows you what he thinks about the fans of KC. He only values your pocketbooks. Doing the least amount possible to keep the Chiefs in the playoff hunt, while milking the fans of their hard earned cash...

Hell Buffalo signed 3 linemen today. I am not saying pay that kind of Jack, but at least get your name out there as a player and stop sitting on your helpless thumb.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2007, 07:22 PM
He is the CEO of the company.

Yep true, Hunt family must love it to death. Peterson takes all the heat that for the most part should have went to them.

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Regardless, this just shows you what he thinks about the fans of KC. He only values your pocketbooks. Doing the least amount possible to keep the Chiefs in the playoff hunt, while milking the fans of their hard earned cash...

Hell Buffalo signed 3 linemen today. I am not saying pay that kind of Jack, but at least get your name out there as a player and stop sitting on your helpless thumb.

And they over paid for all of them, everybody is going to be overpaying this earlier. There is no true stud out in free agency so why rush into it.

Mecca
03-02-2007, 07:25 PM

They also lost the #1 player in this market because they refused to pay him......

Personally after seeing this market I'd be fine not signing anyone this year, we need to rebuild and these prices are inflated.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:25 PM

MULTIPLE TIMES during Carl's tenure we've signed top-tier free agents during the first 24 hours of free agency. I can think of two off-hand - Shawn Barber and Derrick Alexander.

There's NO value in this year's free agent crop. NONE. Find something else to bitch about.

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:26 PM
And they over paid for all of them, everybody is going to be overpaying this earlier. There is no true stud out in free agency so why rush into it.

I agree, they overpaid bigtime. But atleast cut some dead weight, maybe pull of a minor trade for a low round pick.. Something, anything to give us fans hope that Carl is actually taking this serious..

Just for the record, I dont always agree with spending that kind of money on the first free agent that pops up. I am not one that believes we have to bring in every reject in for a look...

But atleast give us some sort of hope that you are actually going to get younger and stock up on picks. (See Denver)

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:28 PM
MULTIPLE TIMES during Carl's tenure we've signed top-tier free agents during the first 24 hours of free agency. I can think of two off-hand - Shawn Barber and Derrick Alexander.

There's NO value in this year's free agent crop. NONE. Find something else to bitch about.

Easy there tiger, I am not bitching, just trying to make conversation...

No need to be an asscap, it is friday, the jim beam and coke is going down smooth..

Just wanted some friendly discussion.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I agree, they overpaid bigtime. But atleast cut some dead weight, maybe pull of a minor trade for a low round pick.. Something, anything to give us fans hope that Carl is actually taking this serious..

Just for the record, I dont always agree with spending that kind of money on the first free agent that pops up. I am not one that believes we have to bring in every reject in for a look...

But atleast give us some sort of hope that you are actually going to get younger and stock up on picks. (See Denver)

Cut dead weight?

Last time I checked, the Chiefs let Kawika, Edwards, Reed, I-65, Wilkerson, Gammon, Walls, and Dee Brown all go to free agency without a contract offer.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:29 PM
No need to be an asscap, it is friday, the jim beam and coke is going down smooth.

That explains why you're day-dreaming up things to complain about.

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:31 PM
They also lost the #1 player in this market because they refused to pay him......

Personally after seeing this market I'd be fine not signing anyone this year, we need to rebuild and these prices are inflated.

Absolutely and I agree! Maybe we just lack what the market needs? Mitchell for instance, why havent we gotten something done with him yet? Sign him up or trade him. I am not educated enough on his contract to know what is going on.

Maybe our roster sucks so much there isnt anything worth moving?

Hell I am all for stocking up on 3-6 round picks for some of the dead weight we have on the roster.

Skip Towne
03-02-2007, 07:31 PM

Are you still babbling incoherently? Read a book. Watch a movie.

Mecca
03-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Cut dead weight?

Last time I checked, the Chiefs let Kawika, Edwards, Reed, I-65, Wilkerson, Gammon, Walls, and Dee Brown all go to free agency without a contract offer.

I better not see Eric Hicks or Ryan Sims on this team when next year starts.......

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Cut dead weight?

Well that is a start... How much cap room will that save the Chiefs this year?

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Absolutely and I agree! Maybe we just lack what the market needs? Mitchell for instance, why havent we gotten something done with him yet? Sign him up or trade him. I am not educated enough on his contract to know what is going on.

Hell I am all for stocking up on 3-6 round picks for some of the dead weight we have on the roster.

Mitchell doesn't have a contract. He's an unrestricted free agent.

Mecca

Mitchell isn't worth resigning.....nothing got done because he knows the market is inflated and he can get alot more than he's worth....which means he isn't coming back which is for the better in my view.

htismaqe
I better not see Eric Hicks or Ryan Sims on this team when next year starts.......

Preach on Brotha!!!

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:34 PM
That explains why you're day-dreaming up things to complain about.

I think you are totally missing the tone of this conversation... Dont be a butt... I am not bitching...

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Well that is a start... How much cap room will that save the Chiefs this year?

Probably not a lot.

Mitchell, Wilkerson, and I-65 were all playing on their rookie contracts AFAIK. And Reed and Edwards signed for peanuts.

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Preach on Brotha!!!

That isnt no lie..
Neither one of those did shit last year to warrant a roster spot..

What would be the cap hit between those two?

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I think you are totally missing the tone of this conversation... Dont be a butt... I am not bitching...

I'm just busting your chops, GoReerun... :D

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Probably not a lot.

Mitchell, Wilkerson, and I-65 were all playing on their rookie contracts AFAIK. And Reed and Edwards signed for peanuts.

We are in dire need of interior linemen at this point, I cant see them cutting all of them?

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm just busting your chops, GoReerun... :D

Its all good, besides I have a slight buzz going on right now, so I am very mellow when I drink...

Except when I have to deal with Skip...

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:37 PM
We are in dire need of interior linemen at this point, I cant see them cutting all of them?

I can.

I think they'll cut Sims to get his cap number back. He's got a couple years left on his deal, so it's not like they'll take a big hit on his signing bonus.

They're gonna have to get a couple free agents though.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Its all good, besides I have a slight buzz going on right now, so I am very mellow when I drink...

And delusional too...

Mecca

You can always replace scrubs with new cheaper scrubs.....

If they cut Hicks and Sims they'll save a few mill I'm pretty sure......the fact that Hicks actually makes money speaks volumes to our front office.

Count Alex's Losses
..and ignorant...

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
And delusional too...

And that is different than normal?

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2007, 07:39 PM
They're gonna have to get a couple free agents though.

They better get Ron Edwards resigned first. And Wilkerson.

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:40 PM
You can always replace scrubs with new cheaper scrubs.....

If they cut Hicks and Sims they'll save a few mill I'm pretty sure......the fact that Hicks actually makes money speaks volumes to our front office.

younger scrubs have room to grow and learn... How many times did Hicks get burnt by the denver boot, We need players that can learn how to adjust, not just stand there in their clownsuit.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:40 PM

Let free agency shake out first. No reason to overpay for them or anybody else...

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:41 PM

What was wrong with Reed?

I agree with Htismaqe, why not just unload the whole mess and retool the Interior DL?

Mecca
03-02-2007, 07:42 PM
There are tons of guys just like Ron Edwards available in FA every year......nothing hinges on him what so ever.

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:43 PM
I was listening to 810 this morning, they mentioned that we need to pick a few DL from some of the other D's that play the Tampa Two.

Are there any available DL coming from that system this year?

CoMoChief
03-02-2007, 07:44 PM
I was listening to 810 this morning, they mentioned that we need to pick a few DL from some of the other D's that play the Tampa Two.

Are there any available DL coming from that system this year?

Bears DT Ian Scott

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Bears DT Ian Scott

What kind of $$$ is he going to command coming off a SB team?

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm just afraid we'll go from shit defensive tackles to TOTAL SHIT defensive tackles if we don't grab them for depth, which is what they are.

Hope these guys play ball with the Chiefs and come back for a visit.

CoMoChief
03-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I thought Ian Scott lost his starting job. His value wouldnt be as high as one would think.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:50 PM
What kind of $$$ is he going to command coming off a SB team?

I can't imagine he's gonna get huge money. He's pretty good against the run, but he's not a stellar pass rusher.

Mecca
03-02-2007, 07:51 PM
I can't imagine he's gonna get huge money. He's pretty good against the run, but he's not a stellar pass rusher.

In this market? Seems like everyone is getting paid.....and there aren't alot of DT's out there. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get good money.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:54 PM
In this market? Seems like everyone is getting paid.....and there aren't alot of DT's out there. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get good money.

I don't think the market is set yet. The guys going right now are all pretty big names...

Mecca
03-02-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't think the market is set yet. The guys going right now are all pretty big names...

When I see a Guard get 49 million dollars........I realize a guy like Kawika Mitchell will likely get atleast 35 and then I shake my head.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 08:05 PM
When I see a Guard get 49 million dollars........I realize a guy like Kawika Mitchell will likely get atleast 35 and then I shake my head.

The Bengals made Steinbach a guard. He's a tackle and will likely play RT in Cleveland.

Mecca
03-02-2007, 08:06 PM
The Bengals made Steinbach a guard. He's a tackle and will likely play RT in Cleveland.

Ok Derrick Dockery is a guard through and through and got 49 mill....

milkman
03-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Edwards began his career in 1996 with Kansas City after being taken in the fourth round. He was traded to San Diego in 2002.

This stupid shit makes me question this idiot's credibility.

Oh, and if we are trying to get younger, why the hell would we be signing an older player like Donnie Edwards?

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Ok Derrick Dockery is a guard through and through and got 49 mill....

True.

Count Alex's Losses
03-02-2007, 08:09 PM

Even Warpaint doesn't committ gaffes like that. :D

Oh, and if we are trying to get younger, why the hell would we be signing an older player like Donnie Edwards?

That's the odd thing to me, too. But who are we gonna get to play MLB? I think the Chiefs may be hedging their bets with Nap Harris and Edwards.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 08:11 PM

I think you have to explore every available option. Plus, you can't always get younger at every position. I don't necessarily think adding Donnie Edwards would be a bad thing.

Now if we're talking about adding an aging OL, WR, or CB, then that would be different. We're already extremely old there.

milkman
03-02-2007, 08:22 PM
I think you have to explore every available option. Plus, you can't always get younger at every position. I don't necessarily think adding Donnie Edwards would be a bad thing.

Now if we're talking about adding an aging OL, WR, or CB, then that would be different. We're already extremely old there.

My question is related to the article.
In the paragraph just before he claims the Chiefs are looking at Edwards, he writes this:

The Chiefs are hoping to get younger, particularly on defense.

Anyone paying attention to what they're reading would be scratching their head and asking that same question.

milkman
03-02-2007, 08:25 PM
On another note, I hope to hell we stay away from the free agent market, so it doesn't bother me that Carl is out of town.

But I do find it a little irritating that we don't have any cuts yet.

Mecca
03-02-2007, 08:25 PM
I just hope everyone in favor of this youth movement doesn't start flipping out when the Chiefs go 5-11 or something like that.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 08:31 PM
On another note, I hope to hell we stay away from the free agent market, so it doesn't bother me that Carl is out of town.

But I do find it a little irritating that we don't have any cuts yet.

We, for all intents and purposes, cut 7 guys today - Mitchell, Black, Wilkerson, Gammon, Reed, Edwards, and Dee Brown - by not signing them to a contract and allowing them to become unrestricted free agents.

Bowser
03-02-2007, 08:35 PM
I just hope everyone in favor of this youth movement doesn't start flipping out when the Chiefs go 5-11 or something like that.

Won't happen. We're good enough to almost be good. Have been for the last 20 years, and probably will be for the foreseeable future.

milkman
03-02-2007, 08:41 PM
We, for all intents and purposes, cut 7 guys today - Mitchell, Black, Wilkerson, Gammon, Reed, Edwards, and Dee Brown - by not signing them to a contract and allowing them to become unrestricted free agents.

Yeah, I've seen that, in this thread.

But what I'm talking about is actual cuts, like Sims and Bell, as has also already been discussed in this thread.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 08:43 PM

But what I'm talking about is actual cuts, like Sims and Bell, as has also already been discussed in this thread.

There's no reason to rush into cutting people that are under contract, especially if there's a chance someone will give up picks for them (which may be the case with Bell).

Bowser
03-02-2007, 08:44 PM
There's no reason to rush into cutting people that are under contract, especially if there's a chance someone will give up picks for them (which may be the case with Bell).

And to save a few bucks under the cap by waiting until after June 1.

milkman
03-02-2007, 08:47 PM

True.

I'm just antsy for some real news.

Bob Dole
03-02-2007, 08:49 PM

Mitchell is going to New Orleans, Black ain't going anywhere, Bob Dole is disappointed about Wilkerson, who the **** is going to long snap if Gammon leaves when Allen is suspended, Reed and Edwards, meh.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Mitchell is going to New Orleans

I'm sure him and Fujita will be great together.

Black ain't going anywhere

Disappointing. Very disappointing.

Bob Dole is disappointed about Wilkerson

htismaqe is equally disappointed, but holds out hope that he will come back to KC after getting no offers in free agency

who the **** is going to long snap if Gammon leaves when Allen is suspended

The guy that filled in for Gammon when he was hurt?

Reed and Edwards, meh.

PREE-cisely.

Bob Dole
03-02-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm sure him and Fujita will be great together.

And Donnie Edwards.

They'll probably coax Percy Snow out of retirement, too.

chiefs4me
03-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please...

he should never of been traded in the first place..

Valiant
03-02-2007, 09:17 PM

Unless for once we are trying to trade them...

boogblaster
03-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Hall can still help the team..30 to 40 yard returns still help ..we're just spoiled from his first seasons...

Groves
03-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Does "out of town" mean "on vacation"?

PastorMikH
03-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Hall can still help the team..30 to 40 yard returns still help ..we're just spoiled from his first seasons...

I seem to remember more kick-off returns where Dante was not getting as far as taking a knee would have gotten him and a bunch of punt returns where the juking and jiving actualy added to the punters net than I do 30-40 yard returns.

picasso
03-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Edwards always gets his man it's to damn bad he gets him after he gets a first down. What the hell do we want him back for? I'd rather have Joey Porter and his shit talking mouth!

ChiefsFanatic
03-03-2007, 10:45 AM

As long as Matt Millen is the GM for Detroit, there is always a chance they are worth a first round pick.
:)

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Edwards always gets his man it's to damn bad he gets him after he gets a first down. What the hell do we want him back for? I'd rather have Joey Porter and his shit talking mouth!

Because Donnie Edwards can play the pass and Joey Porter is a pass rushing OLB.

WE DON'T RUN A 3-4 DEFENSE.

Sure-Oz
03-03-2007, 12:01 PM
As long as Matt Millen is the GM for Detroit, there is always a chance they are worth a first round pick.
:)
Or trade us Roy Williams for both, that would work.