PDA

View Full Version : William Bartee, what are your thoughts about him?

HemiEd
03-02-2007, 04:59 PM
He is still on the roster, what are they going to do with him?

What do you want them to do?

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Dont let the door hit his ass on the way out.

Coach
03-02-2007, 05:02 PM
He should have been cut 2 years ago. No if's, and, or buts.

L.A. Chieffan
03-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Obviously he's just biding his time to be considered one of the all time greats.

Vegas_Dave
03-02-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Lashes

nychief
03-02-2007, 05:08 PM
goodbye burntree

Miles
03-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Ryan Sims has more career interceptions.

Count Zarth
03-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Herm knows what he's doing. Dick's loyalty bullshit left town a year ago. Deadweight will be cut.

CoMoChief
03-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Still hasnt made one INT. Does that tell you anything? Besides McCleon or Sims, Bartee has been my most hated Chief. Hicks and Black are up there too.

Crashride
03-02-2007, 05:51 PM
who????? :)

Coach
03-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Herm knows what he's doing. Dick's loyalty bullshit left town a year ago. Deadweight will be cut.

Damn better well be. There are at least 4 f**ksticks that should be gone, without any questions.

Bartee
Hicks
Bell
Wesley

SNR
03-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Still hasnt made one INT. Does that tell you anything? Besides McCleon or Sims, Bartee has been my most hated Chief. Hicks and Black are up there too.McCleon sucked for two seasons. Bartee has been sucking dick since the days of Gunther. How can you hate McCleon more than Bartee?

Not only that, McCleon wasn't a wasted 2nd rounder, and he actually made a few big plays here and there like... oh, say... INTERCEPTIONS.

Once again you provide more proof of your inane dumbassery

go bowe
03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
McCleon sucked for two seasons. Bartee has been sucking dick since the days of Gunther. How can you hate McCleon more than Bartee?

Not only that, McCleon wasn't a wasted 2nd rounder, and he actually made a few big plays here and there like... oh, say... INTERCEPTIONS.

Once again you provide more proof of your inane dumbasseryinane dumbassery?

i thought the correct cp term was dipshittery...

just like your and idiot, sorta...

big nasty kcnut
03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
fck bartee get him out of there.

Davechief
03-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I would hope he retires so we can have his name put in the ring of fame next to emmitt thomas and johnny robinson

noa
03-02-2007, 07:28 PM
He was actually the AFC Defensive Player of the Week in my Madden franchise. I think that was the highlight of his career.

supercoupe91
03-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Why did the Chiefs draft him in the second round?

A lifelong Sooner fan, I can tell you that Bartee was never a starting CB at OU, Stoops used him as a nickel/dime back. He is a good athlete, probably one of the best on the team when his achilles isnt ripped, but we drafted him as a project and it failed miserably. Our coaching was sucky. What a shocker. This team hasnt had a good defensive backfield since Ross and Cherry played.

Frazod
03-02-2007, 07:40 PM
He'd make a fine whiplash litigant - we all know he can't turn his head. :grr:

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:49 PM

A lifelong Sooner fan, I can tell you that Bartee was never a starting CB at OU, Stoops used him as a nickel/dime back. He is a good athlete, probably one of the best on the team when his achilles isnt ripped, but we drafted him as a project and it failed miserably. Our coaching was sucky. What a shocker. This team hasnt had a good defensive backfield since Ross and Cherry played.

Not that Ross and Cherry were BAD by any means, but DT and Smith made all of those DB's look better than they actually were...

Bowser
03-02-2007, 07:49 PM
He's a Pro Bowler when it comes to blitzing Michael Vick.

That's all I got.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 07:51 PM

Bartee was the anti-Tamba Hali.

Very little production in college, but had STELLAR workouts at Indy...

Skip Towne
03-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Trade him for a 2nd. /genious

Bowser
03-02-2007, 07:53 PM

And he was taller than Mark McMillian. Gunther liked that.

unothadeal
03-02-2007, 07:57 PM

Nearly everyone on our D is the anti-Tamba Hali

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 08:00 PM
And he was taller than Mark McMillian. Gunther liked that.

Gunther was obsessed with measurables. The sole reason he wanted Sylvester Morris was because he was tall...

Guru
03-02-2007, 08:03 PM
He is still on the roster, what are they going to do with him?

What do you want them to do?
I don't want to think about him. That is more effort than he is worth.

shaneo69
03-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Not that Ross and Cherry were BAD by any means, but DT and Smith made all of those DB's look better than they actually were...

Cherry, Burruss, Lewis, and Ross were all pro-bowl caliber before DT and Neil Smith ever got there.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Cherry, Burruss, Lewis, and Ross were all pro-bowl caliber before DT and Neil Smith ever got there.

Burruss was the best of the group. Lewis and Ross were good. I wasn't a big Deron Cherry fan, he was pretty average in my book.

shaneo69
03-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Gunther was obsessed with measurables. The sole reason he wanted Sylvester Morris was because he was tall...

That, and the fact that he played for him at the Senior Bowl and Gunther liked his character and work ethic.

htismaqe
03-02-2007, 08:26 PM
That, and the fact that he played for him at the Senior Bowl and Gunther liked his character and work ethic.

The Senior Bowl sealed the deal, but Gunther spent that entire offseason expressing his interest in tall WR's.

88TG88
03-02-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Lashes
ROFL

boogblaster
03-02-2007, 09:09 PM
What a waste of typing....

shaneo69
03-02-2007, 09:30 PM
I wasn't a big Deron Cherry fan, he was pretty average in my book.

Average physical tools, but one of the smartest defensive players I've ever seen.

Ari Chi3fs
03-02-2007, 09:39 PM
How the **** has this dude been on an NFL roster for 7 years? This cocksucker sucked his ass into getting an NFL pension for life.

What a waste of oxygen.

HemiEd
03-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Burruss was the best of the group. Lewis and Ross were good. I wasn't a big Deron Cherry fan, he was pretty average in my book.

Parker, that is exactly, 100% the way I see it, on every account. I feel a whole lot better now. I was absolutly sick when Burress left, he was my favorite Chief at the time.

Stinger
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
I think we can all agree that this last year was Bartee's best year as a Chief.

HemiEd
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
How the **** has this dude been on an NFL roster for 7 years? This cocksucker sucked his ass into getting an NFL pension for life.

What a waste of oxygen.

I think your position on the matter is very clear. ROFL

HemiEd
03-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Average physical tools, but one of the smartest defensive players I've ever seen.

Shane, you know a gazillion more about this game than I do. With the new scheme, since Bartee has not played in it, would he be an asset?

Objectivly speaking, I think he would.

Reerun_KC
03-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Didnt Bartee have a solid year last year playing in the nickle?

milkman
03-02-2007, 11:27 PM
I htink if the Chiefs had drafted Bartee as a safety, and played him as a safety from the start, he might have had a chance to make a contribution.

If they would have given up on the CB experiment by his third year, he still could have had that chance.

But at this point, that ship has sailed.

It's past time to cut ties with him.

trndobrd
03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
"What exactly do you DO here?"

HemiEd
03-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I htink if the Chiefs had drafted Bartee as a safety, and played him as a safety from the start, he might have had a chance to make a contribution.

If they would have given up on the CB experiment by his third year, he still could have had that chance.

But at this point, that ship has sailed.

It's past time to cut ties with him.

That is what I was wondering. Was curious if his Safety skills were still viable. With Wesley leaving (we all hope) I thought he might be filler between the two 2nd year guys and Knight.

HMc
03-03-2007, 12:13 AM
he was on IR all year wasnt he?

CHIEF4EVER
03-03-2007, 02:21 AM
William Bartee, what are your thoughts about him?

Worthless %^$@#@! Mother###@^# STIFF NECKED @#@##$# COCK*(&&%% @^#@#$(*#$&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guru
03-03-2007, 02:22 AM
[/b]

Worthless %^$@#@! Mother###@^# STIFF NECKED @#@##$# COCK*(&&%% @^#@#$(*#$&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What he said.

HMc
03-03-2007, 04:26 AM
we've got bigger problems than bartee. at least he's not sucking on the actual field. and there are guys who suck just as hard that have much higher cap figures

CHIEF4EVER
03-03-2007, 04:30 AM
we've got bigger problems than bartee. at least he's not sucking on the actual field. and there are guys who suck just as hard that have much higher cap figures
Good point. We have a lot of deadwood that needs to be set adrift ASAP. Burntee is only the beginning.

EDIT: BTW HMc, how did Australia do in the Tri Nations against the All Blacks? I have Setanta but didn't get to follow it all.

HMc
03-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Good point. We have a lot of deadwood that needs to be set adrift ASAP. Burntee is only the beginning.

EDIT: BTW HMc, how did Australia do in the Tri Nations against the All Blacks? I have Setanta but didn't get to follow it all.

We got whipped. The team is in dissarray, in our recent tour of europe our forwards were dominated in games we should expect to be winning comfortably. The team is getting very old (hello chiefs) and things don't look good. Interesting that the All Blacks are resting their players in the Super 14 season so they're fresh for the World Cup. Bold move, but they're desperate, theyve not won since '87 despite entering every tournament as favourites.

CHIEF4EVER
03-03-2007, 05:08 AM
We got whipped. The team is in dissarray, in our recent tour of europe our forwards were dominated in games we should expect to be winning comfortably. The team is getting very old (hello chiefs) and things don't look good. Interesting that the All Blacks are resting their players in the Super 14 season so they're fresh for the World Cup. Bold move, but they're desperate, theyve not won since '87 despite entering every tournament as favourites.
No worries M8. A fabulous pregame ritual doesn't make a good rugby team.

PS: Liverpool is going down today!

HMc
03-03-2007, 06:40 AM
No worries M8. A fabulous pregame ritual doesn't make a good rugby team.

PS: Liverpool is going down today!

Rugby is in their blood over there. It's not life and death, its far more important.

What's awesome is when the ABs play an islander nation who also do the Haka

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOWy1vHrpxo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOWy1vHrpxo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

HemiEd
03-03-2007, 06:54 AM
he was on IR all year wasnt he?

Yes he was,

Reaper16
03-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Rugby is in their blood over there. It's not life and death, its far more important.

What's awesome is when the ABs play an islander nation who also do the Haka

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOWy1vHrpxo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YOWy1vHrpxo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
That was badass.

jlscorpio
03-03-2007, 07:29 AM
was it Bartee or Warfield that always got hit in the back with the ball 'cuz he wouldn't turn his sorry @$$ around and make a damn INT???

HemiEd
03-03-2007, 08:06 AM
was it Bartee or Warfield that always got hit in the back with the ball 'cuz he wouldn't turn his sorry @$$ around and make a damn INT???

That would be mostly William, Warfield was not much better.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 10:03 AM

Looking back and comparing him and guys like James Hasty to players like Dale Carter and Bartee -- we sure could use some SMART football players right now.