PDA

View Full Version : Wow...

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Jeff Garcia gets 11 million over 2 years, Damon Huard gets 7.5 million over three years.

Good job, Carl. That's amazing.

Huard should fire his agent.

Phobia
03-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Actually, I agree.

Steve Sewell
Garcia has extensive starting experience in the NFL. I don't seem to remember 5 or 6 teams pining for Huards services this offseason, do you?

JBucc
Seeing as Damon didn't even test the FA market he probably didn't try to get much more than that.

Reerun_KC
03-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Seeing as Damon didn't even test the FA market he probably didn't try to get much more than that.

Seeing as Huard has never done shit in the NFL...

Garcia is 10x's the QB Huard wish he could be....

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Garcia has extensive starting experience in the NFL. I don't seem to remember 5 or 6 teams pining for Huards services this offseason, do you?
Garcia shouldn't make TWICE as much as Damon Huard....

You're telling me someone wouldn't have given Huard Jeff Garcia money had he tested free agency?

Huard must really like Kansas City...I mean, the guy hasn't made THAT much money in his career...this is likely his last significant contract...I would've at least tried for 13-15 million if I were him.

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 01:09 PM

ROFL

I don't quite understand your vendetta against Huard, but whatever. Your opinion on anything football related means jack shit to me because it's apparent you have no idea what you're talking about.

Reerun_KC
03-03-2007, 01:16 PM
ROFL

I don't quite understand your vendetta against Huard, but whatever. Your opinion on anything football related means jack shit to me because it's apparent you have no idea what you're talking about.

No vendetta at all...

Garcia has been a probowl QB and a playoff winning QB, what has Huard done?

Dont give any weak Coach didnt do this or that crap... Or hasnt been given a chance...

Huard has been in this league long enough to win a starting spot somewhere..

Why dont you compare stats between the two and then tell me who the better QB is?

I dont understand your man love for a career backup qb?

BigRock
03-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Garcia wasn't going to get that kind of money until Plummer (allegedly) retired. The 'Bucs had to open their wallets to keep him from signing with Oakland. Probably still would have gotten more than Huard, though, but not that much more.

DaWolf
03-03-2007, 01:23 PM

That's overstating things quite a bit. I think Garcia is quite overrated and you don't want him being your starter over the long haul. Ask 49er fans. The guy is good for a bit but teams learn how to play him and he struggles. He is short and has weak arm strength, cannot get it downfield consistently. Which is why he is a journeyman and can't stick anywhere, and why the Eagles dissed him.

Huard could fit into the same category, IE you don't want him starting for you long term, the only difference is Huard has had fewer opportunities. He's less mobile but taller and has a stronger arm. He also doesn't like shopping himself around like Garcia does. He probably could have gotten more had he done so, but probably not much more, and frankly he's got as good an opportunity here as anywhere...

Reerun_KC
03-03-2007, 01:37 PM
DaWolf, It is more about pulling Hooties chain than anything....

DaWolf
03-03-2007, 01:48 PM
DaWolf, It is more about pulling Hooties chain than anything....
:)

NewChief
03-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Like Phobia, I'm pretty surprised that Damon didn't test the free agency market. That being said, I don't think the NFL, as a whole, puts much stock in performance over a few games. I think that the Chiefs also lowered Damon's market value by not putting their faith in him when the playoffs came around. This sent a message to the league that they didn't think he was the best quarterback on their team. Finally, it's possible that when coaches go through and review game film they see things that the casual fan misses, such as the numerous times that Damon should have been intercepted but was bailed out by receivers or the times that receivers made amazing catches to turn what should have been an incomplete into a reception. I'm not trying to knock Damon, I swear, but I'm trying to put a little perspective on things.

Sully
03-03-2007, 01:55 PM
I bet Hootie was the only kid on the bloack with a Scott Mitchell jersey.

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Like Phobia, I'm pretty surprised that Damon didn't test the free agency market. That being said, I don't think the NFL, as a whole, puts much stock in performance over a few games. I think that the Chiefs also lowered Damon's market value by not putting their faith in him when the playoffs came around. This sent a message to the league that they didn't think he was the best quarterback on their team. Finally, it's possible that when coaches go through and review game film they see things that the casual fan misses, such as the numerous times that Damon should have been intercepted but was bailed out by receivers or the times that receivers made amazing catches to turn what should have been an incomplete into a reception. I'm not trying to knock Damon, I swear, but I'm trying to put a little perspective on things.
The batted balls were ridiculous.

But he, when in trouble, threw the ball to his playmakers...LJ/TG...

Trent, when in trouble, threw the ball to Samie Parker.

You decide.

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 01:56 PM
I bet Hootie was the only kid on the bloack with a Scott Mitchell jersey.
hell yeah!

He threw for what, 32 touchdowns one year?!

trndobrd
03-03-2007, 01:57 PM

Yes he should.

NewChief
03-03-2007, 02:02 PM

You decide.

I'm not trying to make this a Trent vs. Damon deal, Hootard. I'm just talking about Damon.

Steve Sewell
03-03-2007, 03:02 PM

You're telling me someone wouldn't have given Huard Jeff Garcia money had he tested free agency?

Huard must really like Kansas City...I mean, the guy hasn't made THAT much money in his career...this is likely his last significant contract...I would've at least tried for 13-15 million if I were him.

Maybe he's not a Chiefs homer and knows his actual value in the NFL circles?

FDS
03-03-2007, 04:15 PM

You decide.

Trent was the imcumbent QB. How do you know he was not instructed to work Parker in. See if he was worth re-signing.

Huard was the third QB who got the second QB job because Dan Snyder likes to throw money around. They hoped Huard didn't screw up. Just throw quick or throw it away.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

Smed1065
03-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Trent was the imcumbent QB. How do you know he was not instructed to work Parker in. See if he was worth re-signing.

Huard was the third QB who got the second QB job because Dan Snyder likes to throw money around. They hoped Huard didn't screw up. Just throw quick or throw it away.

PBJ FirstDownSamie PBJ

So it is the staff that is responsible for Trents decline?

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Huard is just smart enough to realize that he's not a NFL-caliber starting QB. He's a backup, and will always be a backup. Might as well take the safe money...

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Huard is just smart enough to realize that he's not a NFL-caliber starting QB. He's a backup, and will always be a backup. Might as well take the safe money...
:rolleyes:

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 05:56 PM
:rolleyes:

Has he ever started a full 16-game season? Better yet, has he ever started 12 or more games in a row?

And despite coming off a season with a better-than 90 QBR, he took backup money without ever testing free agency.

The writing is on the wall, you just have to wanna read it.

Claynus
03-03-2007, 05:57 PM
What if Huard doesn't like airplanes? Ever think of that?

acesn8s
03-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Perhaps Huard didn't want to move

Reerun_KC
03-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Has he ever started a full 16-game season? Better yet, has he ever started 12 or more games in a row?

And despite coming off a season with a better-than 90 QBR, he took backup money without ever testing free agency.

The writing is on the wall, you just have to wanna read it.

When Huard flames out, Maybe Hootie will follow...

Lets hope to Hell Croyle beats him out for the starting job.

Cant rely on No Hope Huard.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:19 PM
When Huard flames out, Maybe Hootie will follow...

Lets hope to Hell Croyle beats him out for the starting job.

Cant rely on No Hope Huard.

I'm sure the Chiefs made it clear to Huard that they would prefer Croyle be the starter. Why else would he have agreed to backup money if he thought he was going to be the starter?

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Perhaps Huard didn't want to move

It's not that simple, IF there were teams ready to offer him a starting job.

In reality, the only way "Huard didn't want to move" is the reason he stayed in KC is if he KNEW he had no chance to start in another city.

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 06:22 PM
who cares?

Htismaqe is going to feel really dumb when Huard starts all 16 games next year and has a QB rating in the high 80's/lower 90's...

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:24 PM
who cares?

Htismaqe is going to feel really dumb when Huard starts all 16 games next year and has a QB rating in the high 80's/lower 90's...

It seems Damon Huard had 7.5 million reasons to accept the reality you have yet to acknowledge...if he starts, it means Brodie Croyle stinks.

It doesn't mean Damon Huard is good, and again, there's only 7.5 million reasons to know I'm right.

Claynus
I'm guessing Huard throws five interceptions in at least one game next year...

acesn8s
It's not that simple, IF there were teams ready to offer him a starting job.

In reality, the only way "Huard didn't want to move" is the reason he stayed in KC is if he KNEW he had no chance to start in another city.Or the team in question really sucks ass like Oakland for one.

HMc
03-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Actually i think being a backup that can prove you can step in and perform would be quite a good business plan. You don't have the chance to fail miserably often, and you can fill that role until your 37 or 38. You're getting paid a fckload of money yet no one expects you to be particularly good.

And it's just possible that he loves living in KC with his family, has managed his money well and will be set up quite nicely with a 7mill contract.

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 06:26 PM
There is no way Croyle starts next year. Huard is the starter. I can't believe anyone thinks otherwise.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Leashes are wonderful things, just ask Jake Plummer.

Claynus
03-03-2007, 06:29 PM
There is no way Croyle starts next year. Huard is the starter. I can't believe anyone thinks otherwise.

My sources say there will be open competition in training camp and preseason for the job.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:30 PM

Huard is going to be one of 32 starting QB's next year and will be making roughly ONE THIRD of the next-lowest paid starter at his position...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Huard is going to be one of 32 starting QB's next year and will be making roughly ONE THIRD of the next-lowest paid starter at his position...

ROFL ROFL ROFL
I'll bet you at least 15 dollars Huard is the opening game starter.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:32 PM
I'll bet you at least 15 dollars Huard is the opening game starter.

Damon Huard starting proves only one thing:

Brodie Croyle wasn't good enough to win the job. Keep clinging to the fallacy that somehow being the best of a bad bunch somehow makes him "good".

Claynus
03-03-2007, 06:33 PM
We don't even know if Croyle isn't good enough.

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Damon Huard starting proves only one thing:

Brodie Croyle wasn't good enough to win the job. Keep clinging to the fallacy that somehow being the best of a bad bunch somehow makes him "good".
What?

I never said he was "good", even though I think he is good enough, I said he'd be the Chiefs starting QB next year.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
What?

I never said he was "good", even though I think he is good enough, I said he'd be the Chiefs starting QB next year.

ROFL

Nice squiggle. Brilliant!

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:35 PM
We don't even know if Croyle isn't good enough.

Nobody knows if Croyle is good enough. Not us, not Carl, not Herm, not even DAMON HUARD.

Yet Huard accepts a paltry backup's salary without even trying to interview with other teams.

:hmmm:

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 06:36 PM
?!?!

What are you talking about? I said I'd bet you at least 15 dollars he'd be the starting QB, and then you came back at me with 'if he starts Croyle sucks', in which I'll reply with yeah, I think Croyle is going to be awful.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:38 PM
?!?!

What are you talking about? I said I'd bet you at least 15 dollars he'd be the starting QB, and then you came back at me with 'if he starts Croyle sucks', in which I'll reply with yeah, I think Croyle is going to be awful.

Like the past 5 months don't have anything at all to do with the conversation...keep arguing semantics. Eventually, reality will set in, just like it did for Huard...

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 06:40 PM
well, considering I've been right on everything Huard for the last 5 months, I think smart money is with me on this one ;)

I was what, probably the only one that continuously said Huard would resign and be our starting QB in 2008? Got laughed at for that. Got laughed at for everything, actually. 'Tis a shame 99% of you can't admit when you're wrong.

Florida_Bronco
03-03-2007, 06:42 PM
My sources say there will be open competition in training camp and preseason for the job.

The local radio show must be one helluva source.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:42 PM
well, considering I've been right on everything Huard for the last 5 months, I think smart money is with me on this one ;)

I was what, probably the only one that continuously said Huard would resign and be our starting QB in 2008? Got laughed at for that. Got laughed at for everything, actually. 'Tis a shame 99% of you can't admit when you're wrong.

I, for one, never disagreed with you that Huard would be re-signed. I also never disagreed that he MIGHT be our starting QB next year.

I STRONGLY disagree that he SHOULD have been re-signed, and there's no way in hell he should be our starter.

As for what you've been right about, you can thank Herm's ultra-conservative offense and the NFC West. Damon Huard is a career backup for a reason, whether you want to admit or not.

DAMON has acknowledged this fact, we already know that.

Claynus
03-03-2007, 06:43 PM
If Croyle starts its probably just because his arm is light years better than Huard's - and he's fully grasped the offense.

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 06:44 PM
I still haven't figured out who that other QB was that handed San Diego 1 of their 2 losses...I know one was Steve McNair...just can't seem to put my finger on that other guy....

Skip Towne
Your sources. Hahahahahahaha

Florida_Bronco
Huard is a good game manager, but he's not someone I'd want to go into the season as my starter. I think the figure is a little on the high side for what a QB of his caliber should make, but I wouldn't call it a bad move by the Chiefs.

htismaqe
If Croyle starts its probably just because his arm is light years better than Huard's - and he's fully grasped the offense.

It's all about upside. Croyle has it, Huard doesn't.

Florida_Bronco
03-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Your sources. Hahahahahahaha

Gotta love a guy who pretends to have an inside source.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:46 PM
I still haven't figured out who that other QB was that handed San Diego 1 of their 2 losses...I know one was Steve McNair...just can't seem to put my finger on that other guy....

AT ARROWHEAD. I was there. Huard did his best to lose that game single-handedly.

But he only threw 1 INT all year, who cares about the fact that every time somebody touches him, he coughs up the ball...

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 06:47 PM
AT ARROWHEAD. I was there. Huard did his best to lose that game single-handedly.

But he only threw 1 INT all year, who cares about the fact that every time somebody touches him, he coughs up the ball...
lololololololololollollololllll

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:48 PM
lololololololololollollololllll

Sticking your fingers in your ears may make you feel better, but it doesn't change the fact that Huard is a fumbler...

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Sticking your fingers in your ears may make you feel better, but it doesn't change the fact that Huard is a fumbler...
Never he claimed he wasn't a fumbler...but on the play in question here, during that San Diego game, the friggin' end blew right past Jordan Black or Kevin Sampson or whoever the right ****ing tackle was at that time...Huard scrambled and was just about to throw (Green would've been on his back by then) and got hit. Fumbles happen.

Throw out those first two fumbles in the Cincy game and Huard was ok with the ball...Green fumbled as much as Huard.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Never he claimed he wasn't a fumbler...but on the play in question here, during that San Diego game, the friggin' end blew right past Jordan Black or Kevin Sampson or whoever the right ****ing tackle was at that time...Huard scrambled and was just about to throw (Green would've been on his back by then) and got hit. Fumbles happen.

Throw out those first two fumbles in the Cincy game and Huard was ok with the ball...Green fumbled as much as Huard.

Fumbles happen. Huard had 224 passing attempts and 9 fumbles. That's NOT "fumbles happen". That's "Damon Huard is a fumbler".

Skip Towne
03-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Hootie is right and everyone on the Planet + 32 NFL franchises are wrong. Yeah, OK.

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Fumbles happen. Huard had 224 passing attempts and 9 fumbles. That's NOT "fumbles happen". That's "Damon Huard is a fumbler".
you're a towel!

Short Leash Hootie
03-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Hootie is right and everyone on the Planet + 32 NFL franchises are wrong. Yeah, OK.
damn - never thought skip would be the one to finally notice the truth...

Claynus
03-03-2007, 07:04 PM
The good new is we'll have defintive proof of what kind of player is Huard this year if he starts. Hootie won't be able to hide - and neither will any of the rest of us if we're wrong.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 07:18 PM
you're a towel!

What? ROFL

Please explain, that's funny.

Skip Towne
03-03-2007, 07:20 PM
What? ROFL

Please explain, that's funny.
It means he has run out of ammo.

htismaqe
03-03-2007, 07:35 PM
It means he has run out of ammo.

Even then, the use of the word "towel" in a derogatory manner is pretty damn funny...

whtgldwldr
03-05-2007, 12:55 AM
[QUOTE=Hootie] (Green would've been on his back by then)
QUOTE]

Am I the only one who remembers Trent's uncanny ability to avoid sacks in the pocket, or was that just my imagination?