PDA

View Full Version : Big Battlestar Galactica episode tonight

keg in kc
03-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Finally, "Maelstrom" airs.

I have a feeling there'll be something to talk about after this one. Kicking into high gear toward the season finale, too.

If you want to have a little spoilerish fun, here's the Exclusive Preview SciFi.com posted after last week's episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjOhYWO6_kE

Miles
03-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Looking forward to this. The last few episodes have been pretty disappointing. Last weeks was a bit better than the previous two but I could still done without an Upton Sinclair episode.

keg in kc
03-04-2007, 01:31 AM
I hated the Helo-centric evil doctor episode, but I thought the last two were really, really good.

Miles
03-04-2007, 01:42 AM
I hated the Helo-centric evil doctor episode, but I thought the last two were really, really good.

That was really the only bad one of them and was defiantly one of the the weakest episodes of the series. The others were still good but I was hoping they would carry on some of the more interesting plot lines that were set up earlier. Looking forward to Rome tomorrow as well.

keg in kc
03-04-2007, 01:43 AM
I'm about 5 episodes behind on Rome. Thank the gods for On Demand.

Miles
03-04-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm about 5 episodes behind on Rome. Thank the gods for On Demand.

It sets up quite well. Enjoy them.

Frazod
03-04-2007, 09:22 AM

That episode with the Chief and Cali trapped in the airlock was the worst of the series, and the last three in general have done nothing to advance the storyline. I'm starting to really fear that BG is declining. I hope they get back on track tonight.

And it sure would be nice to get back to some SPACE BATTLES. We haven't seen one since the Pegasus got whacked.

Guru
03-04-2007, 09:23 AM
That episode with the Chief and Cali trapped in the airlock was the worst of the series, and the last three in general have done nothing to advance the storyline. I'm starting to really fear that BG is declining. I hope they get back on track tonight.

And it sure would be nice to get back to some SPACE BATTLES. We haven't seen one since the Pegasus got whacked.
That's what has been missing in this series.

Adept Havelock
03-04-2007, 10:51 AM
That episode with the Chief and Cali trapped in the airlock was the worst of the series,

It wasn't good, but was it really worse than "Tigh me up, Tigh me down" in the 1st season?

At least we're shut of the whole "Romantic Rectangle" yawn-fest.

siberian khatru
03-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Um ... WOW

Bowser
03-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Um ... WOW

Yeah, I don't buy it.

***SPOILERS****

Starbuck is alive. The Cylon Raider really was there, she ejected, and it picked her up. They are going get in her head,as if they already aren't, much like they are in the head of Baltar. The only problem is how the humans will ever trust her again if and when she makes it back to them.

***END SPOILERS***

At the very least, they certainly infused a little more life into the show this week.

stumppy
03-04-2007, 10:43 PM

I agree. WTH has happened to the Cylons lately. It would be nice to find out where they've been and what they've been up to. I hope to hell these last few episodes aren't a sign of things to come.

Miles
03-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Other than the ending I thought that was a pretty dull episode. Might be that I really hate the use of the hallucination/dream reality plot device in TV shows.

keg in kc
03-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Shit, I didn't think they were actually going to do it.

Spoiler bit:
It could go a lot of ways. The Cylons could have her. She could be a Cylon. She could be dead. Have to say I was surprised to see that Leoben wasn't Leoben.
Gwarsh.

keg in kc
03-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Other than the ending I thought that was a pretty dull episode. Might be that I really hate the use of the hallucination/dream reality plot device in TV shows.Makes it kind of tough to watch BSG, what with the head sixes showing up since the miniseries.

Miles
03-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Shit, I didn't think they were actually going to do it.

Spoiler bit:

Gwarsh.

Spoiler/speculation

I actually really hope that its not one of those that has a quick explanation that she didn't really die and all is forgotten. When I was watching it I was really expecting the episode to end with her waking up in one of those cylon tanks.

Miles
03-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Makes it kind of tough to watch BSG, what with the head sixes showing up since the miniseries.

I really have no problem with that since it is done well and not in a way that annoys me. Its mostly just the one episode arc where its supposed to reveal some kind of issues with a character that bothers me. The last season of the Sopranos when Tony got shot is a perfect example of it.

keg in kc
03-05-2007, 12:16 AM
I can see 4 possibilities:

1/2. That was her ship that Lee saw explode. In which case she's dead or a Cylon. No way she ejected, he'd have seen it.

3/4. That was the Raider that Lee saw explode, in which case she'll either survive somehow in the Viper or be rescued by another Raider.

I was shocked they gave up so easily.

The scene with Adama that ended the show is going to go down as one of the classic moments in television.

I was also expecting for her to wake up in the Cylon tank to end the show.

I don't think she's dead, because if she is, it will have been one of the most anti-climactic ends to a character...ever.

Frazod
03-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Just got done watching it. Glad they're back on track. The storyline seems to be in keeping with the gag reel spoiler.

Miles
03-05-2007, 12:19 AM
I was also expecting that, for her to wake up.

I can see 4 possibilities:

Pretty much my exact take as well. The Adama bit was pretty well done and well acted for TV.

Uncle_Ted
03-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Other than the ending I thought that was a pretty dull episode. Might be that I really hate the use of the hallucination/dream reality plot device in TV shows.

You and me both ... it seems like half of every episode is turning into that. Very annoying.

I've been really disappointed in this show this season. The first few episodes when they were on New Caprica were cool, and their escape was one of the best episodes of the series, but since then it's been on the decline.

And I'm really getting sick of this mystical BS ... if they're going to keep using that as the main story arc, then they need to start giving the viewer some answers once in a while ... I not sure I really even care anymore though. Season 3.5 has been so bad IMHO that I have zero confidence that if/when we do ever find out exactly what is going on, that it's going to be a clever, satisfying, and/or internally consistent explanation. I think they really blew it by having this huge build up to finding out who the "final five" are, letting Xena find out the identity of one of them, and then immediately killing off ("boxing") her character so no one else finds out. Pretty weak.

But BSG did get renewed for another season ...

I wish their writers would start watching "Rome" for some lessons on how to weave multiple story lines together and not waste so much "program time" with "filler" -- seems like so much of BSG is now just that -- filler.

It's really a shame that Rome got canceled.

keg in kc
03-05-2007, 12:21 AM
I've really liked the last few episodes because I don't think they have been filler, like they seem to be. I think things have been shown that will end up being relevant down the road. They always seem to do that on this show, which is one of its strengths. It may not happen immediately, but I don't think they've done anything just to fill a few hours.

Particularly not the last two, with Adama and with kara.

I just hope the trial stuff doesn't drag.

keg in kc
03-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Rome was simply (way) too expensive to continue producing. I'm glad we've gotten as much of it as we have.

I'd be happy if they'd just canned the last season of the Sopranos, all 21 episodes, and given the cash to either Deadwood or Rome.

At least we have another season of The Wire.

Miles
03-05-2007, 12:25 AM
I wish their writers would start watching "Rome" for some lessons on how to weave multiple story lines together and not waste so much "program time" with "filler" -- seems like so much of BSG is now just that -- filler.

It's really a shame that Rome got canceled.

The Wire and Deadwood are other great examples of good writing using multiple story lines.

keg in kc
03-05-2007, 12:28 AM
I just saw something on the SciFi board that made me think:

Three was engulfed in a brilliant white light in the temple when she saw the final 5. Kara's cockpit was just filled with what appeared to be a brilliant white light...

All the stuff with not-Leoben preparing her for the next step, to not fear death. Her mom telling her she's special. Something tells me she wasn't seeing a white tunnel with angels at the end of it, saying "come into the light".

Or...what if they're stealing the whole "ship of light" concept from the original series?

Miles
03-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Rome was simply (way) too expensive to continue producing. I'm glad we've gotten as much of it as we have.

I'd be happy if they'd just canned the last season of the Sopranos, all 21 episodes, and given the cash to either Deadwood or Rome.

At least we have another season of The Wire.

Rome at least seems like it works out fine with the timing of two season just based on history. I'm sad to see it ending soon but can completely see why.

Definitely agree with your take on the Sopranos. At least there is a little bit left of Deadwood whenever the hell that happens. The Wire is easily one of the best shows around and glad its being kept around for a while longer.